• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice

While I believe that this is the starting roster, I think that the actual game footage is fake. Someone on GameFAQS just pointed out that there are no question marks for secret characters. Now I'm starting to get skeptical...
Good point..but you forget that this is the SSE character selection screen.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly my point...

If everything can move around except the first 6 characters, what makes this guys list so correct? All he did after all was put all the franchises in order vertically (based off the fixed "6"), keep "retro" franchises together, 3rd parties together.

As long as he knows that the first 6 cannot move, he can make the roster however he likes based off of previous Demos, and then plug in anything he wants anywhere he wants because he can slide anything anywhere.
Yeah I got you now :dizzy:. I guess I have to side with Card. I mean I can't say the final roster "leak" is fake, but it is definitely extremely questionable, along with all the other leaks we've had over the past few weeks.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Idk 35 character thing and R.O.B. as a playable is very hard to believe... It could be right but I doubt it. We will see.

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
As we draw closer to the release date, leaks start becoming more believable in people's eyes. I'm not believing any roster until I see pics and videos. But this does make for good drama!

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
I hope all those whining about the roster and threatening to boycott / give-what-for to Nintendo / whoever actually go ahead and do this.

If this turns out to be the final roster I'll be a bit disappointed, sure, but it will be made easier if all the haters just ignore the game and stop posting.

Seriously, every thread is turning into "WAAA. WAAA. I DONT LIKE ROB. NINTENDO HAS FAILED". What the ****?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
the point is, if the 2chan picture proves right, when you correlate it with the 35 character picture, there's no flaws. the probability of it being perfect is somewhere between 10-15% chance.
Okay. First off let me apologize if my last post came out a bit offensive. I don't like this roster lol. Anyways I have to go to a doc appointment now and will post when I get back. I think we may be on different pages in regards to this though

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Rob 64 Statue? There goes that 35 character roster down the drain.
-cough- Look for Rob 64. This debunks at least the Star Fox Rob from being a playable. And really people would Sakurai make a generic enemy a playable character? There you go. 35 Character roster debunked. :chuckle:

mrbiz

Smash Rookie
Umm look a couple of pages back - the "leaker" said it was ROB the accessory.

Card

Smash Lord
Yeah I got you now :dizzy:. I guess I have to side with Card. I mean I can't say the final roster "leak" is fake, but it is definitely extremely questionable, along with all the other leaks we've had over the past few weeks.
Oh and don't get me wrong. This "prophet" can be telling the truth.

I just absolutely could not stand the fact that ShortFuse claimed that we may know the final roster based off of a prophet who said in the first sentence "I have no credibility". You know which other prophets said that? All of them.....

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Umm look a couple of pages back - the "leaker" said it was ROB the accessory.
No, the roster going around says Star Fox by Rob. Chronobound says the accessory, but a generic enemy playable isn't Sakurai's style really. 35 character roster debunked.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Okay then, both ROBs are out. One's a generic enemy, and the other was trophified. Roster debunked?

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
-cough- Look for Rob 64. This debunks at least the Star Fox Rob from being a playable. And really people would Sakurai make a generic enemy a playable character? There you go. 35 Character roster debunked. :chuckle:
R.O.B 64 is Starfox R.O.B -_-

and the accesory R.O.B is already Subspace enemy

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
The mock-up most posted here and the leak list are NOT MATCHING UP

That doesn't deconfirm the leak list is incorrect or fake but if it's real then not all the characters will be aligned with the other characters in their franchises.

So don't say "it all matches up perfectly" because it doesn't. That doesn't mean the 35 list is or isn't legit it just means that the mock-up (which makes sense) doesn't match the leak list entirely.

mrbiz

Smash Rookie
I posted this roster weeks ago, most of it well over a month ago. R.O.B. is most likely referring to the NES peripheal R.O.B., you know the one that was playable in Mario Kart DS. The ROB from Star Fox is called ROB 64, there is a 64 at the end of his name. He is also called NUS in Japan. Lastly, although I hate her, do you actually think ROB 64 would get in over Krystal.
So the whole ROB64 trophy means nothing.

I still don't believe this leak though.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
how does nearly every thread on SWF turn into a leak thread? This is like the WDing threads all over again. Actually, it would be a nice reliever if this could somehow turn into a WDing debate.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
That's exactly my point...

If everything can move around except the first 6 characters, what makes this guys list so correct? All he did after all was put all the franchises in order vertically (based off the fixed "6"), keep "retro" franchises together, 3rd parties together.

As long as he knows that the first 6 cannot move, he can make the roster however he likes based off of previous Demos, and then plug in anything he wants anywhere he wants because he can slide anything anywhere.
This is my point. You say you can move it around. It has nothing to do with the first 6. The point is Zelda, Olimar and Lucas are placed not "anywhere he wants" but in the same order as the 2chan pic. No one knew their position before 2Chan. You could put Lucas as the 7th one in the mock up, or Zelda next to Peach. The picture would still line up. And all would be great but when the 2chan pic comes out, it wouldn't make sense. from e3 to jump festa, to whobby, we've seen that character follow a certain order. without the knowledge of where zelda, olimar and lucas go, you could make many different variations of a roster, with the same first 6 chracters, and still aligned vertically when they're next to each other.

whatever, i'm done. card is arguing something completely different from what i'm trying to say and i don't think he understand that i'm saying all characters have a preset order since e4all. that 35 character list follows the same order before the 2chan pic hinting where olimar zelda and lucas go.

and (i forgot who asked) the picture was put up by some person on gamefaqs (yes i'm aware) i don't remember atm. i think the source was a neogaf member.

whatever, i'm moving this whole thing to a new thread. this happened because the pics were found on the japnese forum and this being the japanese thread and all, we started to discuss it.

ROB and Wolf, but no Krystal? That's just stupid, if true.

fortunately, I don't think it is. Just another leaker, a fake disc, and a screenshot.

But it's got Sonic and Ness, so I'm happy either way

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
ok people, shows over.

this can still run around as a rumor, but get it out of a facts thread, way too fishy.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
What I have learned tonight:

1. We still have no real proof, awaiting screenshots, videos, and/or mass leaks.
2. The 35 character roster has no solid proof, is no more reliable than any of the past predictions and while it COULD be true, there's not reason to hold it above others.
3. If someone does have the game, they are toying with us.
4. I am tired.

Cranky Kong

Smash Rookie
All the hype for this game has made people have way too high expectations in terms of the size of the roster =/

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
Did any1 noticed that the captain olimar images are different between the 2 screenshots
after seeing that i say fake

Top Bottom