• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Considering how many people are disappointed I think the roster is 100% true.

Yes, I base all my assumptions on how disappointed people are. The more excited a leak gets people the less I think it's true. So obviously since very few people are excited about this roster this has to be true. EVERY fake leaker would succumb to fandom and try to please everyone to make it 'believable.' Not this one.

Look at it this way. This game has been in development for only a little over a year. There hasn't been that much time to add OMGMEGACHARACTERROSTER. Get over it. If this is true at least you're getting over your disappointment with doubt making the real final roster a little less of a hit since it'll probably be the same thing.
It's called hating Nintendo or at least the fans.
Plenty do, actually.

Croco

Smash Lord
If you suddenly decided not to buy this game based on 10 EXTRA characters added to an already excellent roster, you're a ******. Every time a poster like Card and Aeris defends you people intelligently, you just post afterwards proving how idiotic people can truly be.

"Wow, this roster has Sonic, Snake, and all these other characters, and this game's awesome... WHAT?! RIDLEY IS NOT IN IT?! THERE ARE STAR FOX CHARACTERS!" Which by the way let me take a second to address.

Johnknight, You're acting like an ungrateful prick, and every post you make is just proving it more. Not only is your knowledge about starfox ludicrously misinformed, but you're stupid enough to think that Fire Emblem is a series that doesn't sell. Apologize to Card, it's people like you who he takes time out for to defend, and you repay him by making dumb comments.

Honestly? The people who are pissing me off are the idiots going "I'm not going to buy the game" when with 25 characters alone they were screaming they'd jump for it.

Kudos to Card though. At least he can explain rationally.
I'm still going to get the game if the roster turns out like that..
BUT. I do not believe it is the real roster or real number of characters yet..
If it is.. I will be VERY disappointed and I don't even want Krystal, Ridley, or another 3rd party.. It's the fact that there isn't a new WTF character or even another NEW Mario rep which bugs me ALLOT.
These characters are even more deserving that ROB or even ROB 64->
K. Rool
Mike Jones
Another F-Zero rep.
A Animal Crossing Rep
Balloon Fighter or Alice
etc.
I can keep going..

But I will be happy with SSE, the music, the trophies, and more if it turns out that way.
I've already freaken paid the game in full at my local gamestop.

mrbiz

Smash Rookie
Where this "leak" falls down is that it relies on patterns that we have seen. With only 35 variables it is quite natural for us to see patterns where there possibly aren't. It is a bit weird how it all fits in, but Chaoszero in my opinion the most credible leak (the dragoon one) has stated he disbelieves this rumour.

Personally I won't discount it, but will neither blindly accept as it seems Shortfuse who is one of the most intelligent posters here, is doing.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
Aye, rationaly you should believe the roster false until we have conclusive evidence that it is true that's all there is to it. Just like Innocent until proven guilty, or how we don't assume theer are little green men buzzing about until we have proof they do exist.

did you even read my post? thats exactly what im saying. you are idiot number 3 - the kind who just repeat what other people say. and you, like idiot 1 and 2, are being bias based off how you feel about this final roster leak. theres no way to deductively prove this "guilty" or "not guilty".. thats exactly what i said in my post.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord

here's another roster that has all the same 35 characters, agrees with the neogaf posters and nyasenysa but doesn't match up the 2chan order. i'm saying you have to be really lucky to get the perfect order. zelda and olimar are wrong ^^

Fawriel

Smash Master
Need a hand?
Sure.

Well Fawriel, so, whoever is wrong will make a post excusing for... well, being wrong. OK? Just it.

Edit: woot sup with the slap in face thing? It's just because i'm not in your side or you have some issue with me?
Why would I dignify the fact that you're siding with someone by posting an apology in the case that your side turns out to be correct?

The only problem I have with you is that you are acting like a jerk about it. It doesn't take a lot to side with the popular consensus, so don't act so proud about it.

Also, I'd like to defend those who say they won't buy the game if that roster isn't correct.
I've always been afraid of having the roster revealed to me, even if it's a good one. Unless there'd be something in there that is just completely incredibly cool, it would kill all my anticipation, and anticipation is arguably what kept us here all this time. Anticipation is fun. Brawl seemed a lot more beautiful when it was still a sandbox you could imagine anything for. When you suddenly see the reality, it's not as exciting anymore. But when reality turns out to be very disappointing, how can you blame anyone for thinking that they wouldn't enjoy the game?

If that roster is reality, there are about two or three characters who I really love, and many, many more who I simply accept.
I just barely have enough money to make a living.
If I don't want to spend a crapload of money on something that I don't think I'll enjoy very much, how can you blame me?

... I should really get going.
Please reply in a PM if you want to.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
NO WE DIDN'T. That picture is from at least 12 hours before the 2chan leak.
WELL THEN WHO MADE THE GOD**** MOCK-UP!?

in the 1/19 leak, the last row is:

Wario
Toon Link
R.O.B. (star fox)
Captain Olimar
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Wolf
Jigglypuff

Which is NOT the same as the freaking mock-up!

and if that mockup is from 12 hours BEFORE the 2ch "leak," it's ENTIRELY possible that the "leak" is a photoshop based off the mock-up, which was fabricated to begin with.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
ShortFuse, I'm not discrediting you as fast as others, I for one think that it does seem exteremly suspicious that it lines up like that...BUT

Your entire theory depends on the thinking that the characters will be grouped in columns like that. That's the only reason that this thing seems so believable at all, because it LOOKS like it could be a real roster. I'm not saying it's not wrong, in fact I'm leaning towards it being correct, but I mean it's definitely not proof.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Um... I'm not digging through like 5 pages to find out if someone mentioned this or not.

Assuming the screenshot from 2ch is correct. They already have approximately 8 characters in a row with space to spare on the sides. Is it so hard to believe that if there were 35 characters they would put them on only 3 rows? All they would need is 3 rows of 12 instead of 4 rows of 9 (both come out to 36 so I assume the last one is the random box). Because with four rows either the height of the boxes or the character picture on the bottom would have to change to fit the new row, but with three rows of twelve nothing really needs to change except maybe where the characters are on the layout.

I dunno them adding a fourth row at this point seems strange.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
my original speculations were that this game would either meet my expectations or even break my expectations. I most certainly didn't think it would fall short of my expectations.

...and of course I'm still gonna go buy and play "Melee 2.0: NOW WITH DELUXE ONE-PLAYER MODE"

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
WELL THEN WHO MADE THE GOD**** MOCK-UP!?

in the leak, the last row is:

Wario
Toon Link
R.O.B. (star fox)
Captain Olimar
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Wolf
Jigglypuff

Which is NOT the same as the freaking mock-up!

and if that mockup is from 12 hours from the 2ch "leak," it's ENTIRELY possible that the "leak" is a photoshop based off the mock-up, which was fabricated to begin with.
there are two different submitters. one who submitted a list and one who sumbitted a picture (which is why you see the contradiction with ROB). if the 2chan thing is false, then the whole thing goes down the drain.

Card

Smash Lord

here's another roster that has all the same 35 characters, agrees with the neogaf posters and nyasenysa but doesn't match up the 2chan order. i'm saying you have to be really lucky to get the perfect order. zelda and olimar are wrong ^^
THEY ARE NOT WRONG

Oh my gosh, its like. Ike can move where ever, but Zelda being slid to a row below is wrong?

Watch, Here is exactly what happened

RED ICONS = Characters that Slid in another location to "Fit" the 2Chan Roster Leak.
GREEN ICONS = Characters that Remained in Place FROM THE WHOBBY DEMO (Which is Identical to the 2Chan)

Don't you see it yet ShortFuse? EVERYTHING WORKS!!!!!

Please

PLEASE tell me you see it? I don't know how to make it any simpler. You are seeing coincidences where there are none, You are claiming things to be wrong, when they are both wrong.

If you don't get it after this... I give up. I'll let you dig your own hole and won't help you crawl out of it 10 days from now.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
I'm still going to get the game if the roster turns out like that..
BUT. I do not believe it is the real roster or real number of characters yet..
If it is.. I will be VERY disappointed and I don't even want Krystal, Ridley, or another 3rd party.. It's the fact that there isn't a new WTF character or even another NEW Mario rep which bugs me ALLOT.
These characters are even more deserving that ROB or even ROB 64->
K. Rool
Mike Jones
Another F-Zero rep.
A Animal Crossing Rep
Balloon Fighter or Alice
etc.
I can keep going..

But I will be happy with SSE, the music, the trophies, and more if it turns out that way.
I've already freaken paid the game in full at my local gamestop.

Yeah, but you're intelligent.

Yesterday I saw a post here saying "I'm going to kill myself if this roster is true."

are you ****ing kidding me?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
there are two different submitters. one who submitted a list and one who sumbitted a picture (which is why you see the contradiction with ROB). if the 2chan thing is false, then the whole thing goes down the drain.
well then what makes you think that one person didn't just finish what the other started, and both be fake?

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
THEY ARE NOT WRONG

Oh my gosh, its like. Ike can move where ever, but Zelda being slid to a row below is wrong?

RED ICONS = Characters that Slid in another location to "Fit" the 2Chan Roster Leak.
GREEN ICONS = Characters that Remained in Place FROM THE WHOBBY DEMO (Which is Identical to the 2Chan)

Please

PLEASE tell me you see it? I don't know how to make it any simpler. You are seeing coincidences where there are none, You are claiming things to be wrong, when they are both wrong.

If you don't get it after this... I give up. I'll let you dig your own hole and won't help you crawl out of it 10 days from now.
out of curiosity... what will you say if it's right? Just wondering.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
THEY ARE NOT WRONG
THEY ARE WRONG

This is the order from the 2chan leak.

if you want to completely disregard this picture^^^ then WTF are you trying to argue about.

YES ZELDA MOVING A ROW IS WRONG. ZELDA IS BETWEEN DIDDY AND PIT NOT YOSHI AND ICE CLIMBERS!

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
and if i'm not mistaken, the initial Melee roster was COMPLETELY jumbled around once all characters were unlocked. hell, didn't Pikachu go from the top row to the bottom row?

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'd like to defend those who say they won't buy the game if that roster isn't correct.
I've always been afraid of having the roster revealed to me, even if it's a good one. Unless there'd be something in there that is just completely incredibly cool, it would kill all my anticipation, and anticipation is arguably what kept us here all this time. Anticipation is fun. Brawl seemed a lot more beautiful when it was still a sandbox you could imagine anything for. When you suddenly see the reality, it's not as exciting anymore. But when reality turns out to be very disappointing, how can you blame anyone for thinking that they wouldn't enjoy the game?
I can see your point, but I'm a bit lost. Are we on the same page that throwing away all the anticipation in the game for a character or two is stupid, or justified?

PM me. Because I probably won't be able to access the board tommorow being it's nearly impossible to access during the day.(Thus the batman avatar. BTW, how do I upload a custom one of these? If I can't, I'll be severely disappointed.)

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused. Not about the roster. Not about the leaks. Not about R.O.B. and ROB64.

I'm confused that I'm in the "Japanese Everything" thread, but it really looks a lot like the "leak" thread. How do I get back to the "Japanese Everything" thread?

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Lol these two have such solid arguments in their minds, and are so adamant about it that it's just gonna be a bombshell when one of them is wrong. Someone is gonna have to just kind of shy away into a corner and be like "okay...I guess I see ur point now".

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
THEY ARE NOT WRONG

Please

i wont argue if this is fake or not, but they slid while maintaining order, and wraped down to the start of the next line. if they don't have the boxes for the unlockables at the starting, then having them slide to make room doesn't seem unlikely.

you would only need one character before mario added and they all would have slid.

EDIT: realised you were using a differant 35 roster to the one i saw. if there are 2 going around, whats the time if each ones release?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
and if i'm not mistaken, the initial Melee roster was COMPLETELY jumbled around once all characters were unlocked. hell, didn't Pikachu go from the top row to the bottom row?
that was my point before. people would just assume characters are jumbled. the 2chan picture shows that characters are inserted and there's an order to them. it's not like melee. as you insert a character, the whole table moves.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
they dont need a random icon spot in the right corner, just make it like it was in melee, fill that last spot with geno (the 3rd third party) or take out r.o.b no one even knows the fu*ck that is.... thos roster just doesnt seem right, ill believe it when theres a real in game screenshot of all the characters like other one

Card

Smash Lord
THEY ARE WRONG

This is the order from the 2chan leak.

if you want to completely disregard this picture^^^ then WTF are you trying to argue about.

YES ZELDA MOVING A ROW IS WRONG.
Zelda moving a row is wrong

Lucas moving a row is right?
Olimar moving a row is right?
Peach moving a row is right?
Bowser moving a row is right?
Diddy moving a row is right?
Pikachu moving a row is right?

ZELDA IS BETWEEN DIDDY AND PIT NOT YOSHI AND ICE CLIMBERS!
No... She isnt...

Zelda is beside Pit, and has no one to the left of her.

ShortFuse this last statement proves you have TOTALLY bought into this Leaked Roster, to the point where you believe its 100% real by claming she is between Diddy and Pit. According to 2Ch Diddy is WAY in the Top-Right Corner.....

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
No Ridley, no other 3rd party, ROB??

:(

I'm sure when I get the game though I'll be converted.

Top Bottom