• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I would think this is real, given how the character screen uses the Japanese names for the characters.

Bowser => Koopa
Donkey Kong => Donkey
King DeDeDe => DeDeDe
Diddy Kong => Diddy

etc.

theotherrogue

Smash Rookie

One reason I think this image is for real is because of the Zelda/Sheik icon. We have never seen Zelda in the character select screen, and I feel like having Sheik appear in the icon as well isn't something that would be created in a phony screenshot - if someone made a fake it would have probably been just a pic of Zelda like in Melee.

:cool:

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
from Gfaqs.

A bunch of users on 2chan were going all "sugeeeeee!" (amazing!) for this image.

It looks... I dunno. Kinda fake. I only see one picture that I haven't seen before (the one with Lucas and Pikachu with Sandbag).

Maybe it's old?
Take it as you will. :ohwell:

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Which is why;

Looks a whole lot more 'real' now, then it ever did. That mock-up was based on a roster revealed not to long ago; and if you remove all the secret characters. You get the starting screen that our dear friend has leaked ;)
It's missing the random button which would complete the rectangle. I think we have our starting roster.

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
I bet we'll have a screenshot of the full roster soon enough. If I had the game now, I wouldn't stop to tell the internet when I unlocked jigglypuff and luigi, so I think we'll get all the info at once in a few hours. I'm just interested to see what everyone's moves are. No clones, please, Sakurai.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
My only gripe is that the screen is SO BORING...

I was hoping for a really cool background for the selection screen...

Not just... white...

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm actually hoping it's not real >_>
It looks so disorganized and I don't like how Sheik is butting into Zelda's box taking up more space than her <_<

Regarding the 35 character roster though...I refuse to believe it :mad:
ROB started out as an accessory didn't it? Wouldn't that make it ineligible?
Though some say it's ROB from Star Fox, but why would a minor character like him get in over Krystal...Furthermore, it's hard to believe the medium popularity series would get Fox, Falco, Wolf, AND ROB
Zelda and sheik squished together doesn't bother me.. TOO much.
but I agree about 35 characters and R.O.B.

Shuma

Smash Hero
For some saying they're suspicious because screens aren't being posted... if you had Brawl... would you be posting screens instead of playing it? i know i wouldn't.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
In addition to my earlier post, noticing how Captain Olimar is simply Olimar, not "Pikmin and Olimar".

Think this has any significance?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Whoever is posting in english on 2CH, stop. It pisses them off and they'll probaby start making stuff up to mess with us (AGAIN)

AlFighter27

Smash Cadet
I bet we'll have a screenshot of the full roster soon enough. If I had the game now, I wouldn't stop to tell the internet when I unlocked jigglypuff and luigi, so I think we'll get all the info at once in a few hours. I'm just interested to see what everyone's moves are. No clones, please, Sakurai.
Yeah, I'm right there with you man

blayde_axel

Smash Master
For some saying they're suspicious because screens aren't being posted... if you had Brawl... would you be posting screens instead of playing it? i know i wouldn't.
Of course... not? lol.

But he's probably going to unlock a lot of stuff, then update us (or 2 chan) much later. I mean, I'd rather have a surplus of info... than a live blog.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
In addition to my earlier post, noticing how Captain Olimar is simply Olimar, not "Pikmin and Olimar".

Think this has any significance?
Also, King DeDeDe is just "DEDEDE," Donkey Kong is just "DONKEY," etc.

If Captain Falcon is in, his character select icon will just say "DOUGLAS"...

>_>

eugoogalizer

Smash Rookie
Which is why;

Looks a whole lot more 'real' now, then it ever did. That mock-up was based on a roster revealed not to long ago; and if you remove all the secret characters. You get the starting screen that our dear friend has leaked ;)
Sorry if this was already mentioned before, but I do absolutely believe that this is the final roster. Everyone is saying that this roster is completely out of order, look again. From THAT PICTURE, even though it's not the official picture or roster, it's in a logical order. Starting from the left, go down and all the characters have a relation to one another.

First vertical row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, then scoots to the right to Wario and Yoshi. All from Mario franchise, obviously.

Second vertical row: DK and Diddy

Third: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Young Link: Zelda Series

Fourth: Samus, Pit, Iceclimbers, Cpt. Falcon : 8 bit game relation? dunno haha

Fifth: Kirby, Meta, DDD, Olimar. Most from Kirby series

Sixth: Fox, Falco, Wolf, and ROB... Starfox series

Seventh: Pikachu, PT, Lucario, Jiggly... Pokemon series

Eigth: First two are Marth and Ike, from Fire Emblem, then transitioning to Mother series: Ness and Lucas

Ninth: Random 3rd party charactars? Dunno what Mr. G&W is from.

And if you refer to the leaker who apparently has the guide to the game, he listed the full roster from left to right... which matches this picture perfectly, which all have a logical placement for the characters.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, Pikachu was next to Mario in the starting roster, and then Pikachu moved to the bottom. I think another one of the starters was elsewhere in the begining, too. >_>

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the starting roster screen lacks a background??

I was hoping that all the demo rosters had the boring background because they were demos...

I sincerely hope they put a little more effort into making the menu visually pleasing and not so ****ed boring...

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
I think its a fake. A lot of people could photo shop a screen like that. and show it on their TV screen by linking it to their computer. Moreover the CD cover is not that difficult to fake either. The shiny Wii logo is on all Wii games becuase it is just a refelection of the CD beneath it. A person would just have print out a flashy design and paste it on any CD. He would have shown us the instruction manual for additional proof, had he had one. But he doesnt because that is much more difficult to fake.

Then again I could be wrong. But Its gonna take a lot more to convince me its not fake.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Whoever is posting in english on 2CH, stop. It pisses them off and they'll probaby start making stuff up to mess with us (AGAIN)
THANK YOU. I'm posting in Japanese, and I see these random people clogging up the thread with English garbage. 2ch is full of spam and useless junk as it is, but it's made worse with foreigners pissing everyone off.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the starting roster screen lacks a background??

I hope hoping that all the demo rosters had the boring background because they were demos...

I sincerely hope they put a little more effort into making the menu visually pleasing and not so ****ed boring...
It's in either the SSE or classic mode (I think). I don't see a item or game mode button/icon anywhere, so that's probably what it is. >_>

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Bwah!!!! get a direct link to the image please. All I see is some ramming. =O

Shuma

Smash Hero
For those who don't know how to make their way in a Chan site. Here's the pico f the box:

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I think we have our full roster.

everything checks out when compared to new picture of the character list. I'm just happy Marth is returning.

Top Bottom