• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Is it strictly coincidence that people with less than 50 posts have nothing to contribute to the thread?

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
This guy kinda just tells you what he sees, not specifying exactly where and when..

After, I chose Pit with the cursor as my character
("Battle On!" was heard)
My first oponent was Link
Menu
->
I chose SSE
->
The "Input your name" screen
->
Choose your Difficulty - Easy, Normal, Hard, Really Hard, Insane
->
Movie (The first movie of Mario vs. Kirby)
Pit in a dark cave? Lasts for a few secs
Pit's name title appears etc

Apparently he did SSE and chose Pit...But he did classic mode before that? Hence vs. Link?
I don't understand what he means by clips though..since he says "movie" as well

Tanea

Smash Ace
any other news just two pics doesn't seem real and if it is he is holding out on us and i will eat my word

DragoonFenix15

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys, but seeing as this is Japan, NOBODY there still has such a crappy camera phone. thread over :p It's fake.

Even my phone takes better pictures.

And as Fanewgie said, we should have seen more pictures by now.

Tanea

Smash Ace
well im going to bed have to work but if it is real then i will be there in the morning if it is not real then dam him for MAKING us waste OUR time......wait...... i hope that it is but we will see goodnight to everyone

Derilian

Smash Rookie
More pictures by now? heh maybe hes just too ADDICTED to the game to pry himself away to post more pictures, hell if i had brawl right now im not even sure if i would take the time to put up one picture :p

Assuming this is real and not fake :p

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I'm fairly certain that's the real deal. That Sheik / Zelda picture mockup is too good. Hopefully we get word on the official roster soon...*crosses fingers it's not that one with ROB*

kamekasu

Smash Ace
I'm fairly certain that's the real deal. That Sheik / Zelda picture mockup is too good. Hopefully we get word on the official roster soon...*crosses fingers it's not that one with ROB*
I agree. Also, he wouldn't have bothered to make a Sheik/Zelda picture. He would simply have assumed that it would, by default, be a picture of Zelda, as in Melee. I don't think any of us expected the icon to have both faces.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
The 2ch guy seems to have taken "clips" of what he describes. Hence the confusion of clips being in the game or simply what he says. Nowhere to be found yet though.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Sad thing, the entire roster will probably be leaked within a few hours, and SWF's servers are going to buckle underneath all the weight :( Hopefully we'll be able to fix them soon, though...

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
The Disc would actually be real easy to fake..
1. get a blank CD
2. Make a convincing CD lable on your comp.
3. Print it out
4. Stick it on your blank CD
5. Put it in a wii box
6. Take pics
7. Upload to internet

The starting roster looks fake as well the sheik/Zelda pic just dosent look right to me..

But it could be real ya never know.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you on both the fact it's real and the roster that contains ROB. I wouldn't be satisfied by a roster like that. >_<;

This is a very interesting leak, which I'm going to take as the real thing. If it is real, I'm glad to see Lucas is a starter. Anyways, I'd love to stay up hoping for more information to be leaked, but I'm just going to go to sleep now and hope that there will be some juicy stuff resulting from this in the morning.

The roster seems closer than 8 days now.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Sad thing, the entire roster will probably be leaked within a few hours, and SWF's servers are going to buckle underneath all the weight :( Hopefully we'll be able to fix them soon, though...
Oh, I'm not so worried about the lag... I can just come late at night when the boards have calmed down a bit. I feel more sorry for you moderators... There'll be countless threads for you to lock.

On topic, though, the only thing I'm skeptical about is the fact that the ONLY screenshot we have so far is one that could be easily Photoshopped. I'd feel more comfortable if that screenshot was of gameplay, or a menu we have yet to see, like more Wi-Fi options, etc.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree. It looks too real not to be fake. And anyone who thinks the Zelda Sheik deal is obviously brain-dead. It's a new pose ofr Shiek, and Lucas and whatnot look just TOO REAL! It'd have to be a SERIOUS EXPERT to fake that. Remember, we originally thought the Brawl Boxart was fake. ;)

It's the starting roster, though. No one cares about that. Give us the full roster soon, mother f***ers! :laugh:

*prays for roster leak* I hope the roster is leaked by morning!

-Johnknight1! :)

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me for not reading through the thread, but how could he possibly know the set up of all the characters? Assuming he just got the game, or recently, he already unlocked everyone? Fought through 800 VS matches, played the SSE on it's hardest mode with no continues? (assuming those are valid ways of unlocking characters).

I want to believe, I just can't!

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
The Disc would actually be real easy to fake..
1. get a blank CD
2. Make a convincing CD lable on your comp.
3. Print it out
4. Stick it on your blank CD
5. Put it in a wii box
6. Take pics
7. Upload to internet

The starting roster looks fake as well the sheik/Zelda pic just dosent look right to me..

But it could be real ya never know.
Well judging how the disc has that multicolor rainbow effect on the Brawl logo and/OR the Wii logo Id say someone DIDNT make it at home unless they had a very expensive professional machine to get that effect.

Not to mention looking at the logo its shiny and the space in between the words are empty (as in that space is the disc itself). Something thats almost impossible to produce from a printer cd labeler....

Trust me. I make CD labels quite often.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Well, the game was really delayed to increase supply. The game should be done already and some pressed discs should be made. It's not so unbelieveable for somebody to get a disc considering the official release date was tomorrow (12AM 1/24/2008 JST = 10AM 1/23/2008)

spindash

Smash Ace
Forgive me for not reading through the thread, but how could he possibly know the set up of all the characters? Assuming he just got the game, or recently, he already unlocked everyone? Fought through 800 VS matches, played the SSE on it's hardest mode with no continues? (assuming those are valid ways of unlocking characters).

I want to believe, I just can't!
Players Guide is possible too~ Maybe. XD

I.T.P

Smash Ace
One thing really bothers me in that picture though.

notice how in SSB and SSBM, all related characters in a series would be next to each other, yet here you say mario,wario and koopa aren't anywhere close, same for DK and DDK, and Link and Zelda, am I the only one that thinks that's just wrong?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Coincidence?

"GoateBoate
Posted 1/19/2008 10:06:43 PM
message detail I will admit. I have no credibility whatsover on my own part because I will not reveal my source. However, I will tell you what I know to be correct. The "rows" indicate each row in the character select screen. The characters go from left to right on each row.

Row 1

Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch

Row 2

Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Pit
Meta Knight
Falco
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Snake

Row 3

Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Bowser

Row 4

Wario
Toon Link
R.O.B. (star fox)
Captain Olimar
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Wolf
Jigglypuff"
For those saying the characters are in a wrong place.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord

notice how in SSB and SSBM, all related characters in a series would be next to each other, yet here you say mario,wario and koopa aren't anywhere close, same for DK and DDK, and Link and Zelda, am I the only one that thinks that's just wrong?
Well, they moved around in Melee, no?
I just realized this is the SSE character selection screen.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman

Thats my only beef too. Thats whats causing me to be suspiciously cautious.

I want to believe. That disk looks so real. That alone looks more believable than that roster screen.:mad:

MAYBE. JUST MAYBE. when you unlock all the chars they align properly.:confused:

edit: like shortfuse says this is sse maybe they are arranged in order of play.:(

Gup

Smash Rookie

Which is why;

Looks a whole lot more 'real' now, then it ever did. That mock-up was based on a roster revealed not to long ago; and if you remove all the secret characters. You get the starting screen that our dear friend has leaked ;)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
For those saying the characters are in a wrong place.
That's a ****ed good find. Every character fits perfectly. As characters appear, they are squeezed into the roster size. I guess this is so you can't know how many characters you really have left, like in Melee.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Eh... I thought about that too... but it's not that much of a big deal to me. Wasn't all of the demos like that also?

And they can possibly rearrange later. Never know.

But who would seriously go through this much trouble for lulz? Got to be real.

Crispy Fries

Smash Cadet
I'm actually hoping it's not real >_>
It looks so disorganized and I don't like how Sheik is butting into Zelda's box taking up more space than her <_<

Regarding the 35 character roster though...I refuse to believe it :mad:
ROB started out as an accessory didn't it? Wouldn't that make it ineligible?
Though some say it's ROB from Star Fox, but why would a minor character like him get in over Krystal...Furthermore, it's hard to believe the medium popularity series would get Fox, Falco, Wolf, AND ROB

Puffs

Smash Ace
On the subject of R.O.B. from Star Fox. The Smash Bros. series is long overdue for a robot, and I think it's a better choice than anything else they could put in.

Omega123 sucks, Kanden isn't popular at all, Marina, Ridley, and the like are cyborgs.

Nasir

Smash Apprentice

I noticed it too. And why isn't Capt. Falcon in the starter roster?

Top Bottom