• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
People, just wait till like 12 or so (EST) to get some info. Then it will be past noon over there.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Brawl Central has updated like, six times. However its just been changing the wording of the initial announcement.
Yea, I just clarified that we'll have images if available and I corrected my errors because for some reason I post in vb sometimes instead of html when I'm also on smashboards, heh.

Captain Anthony

Smash Apprentice
It's 5 days of gameplay. 3 day before launch, 2 days after launch. Some JPN sites say it's a tournament. If it's a reoccuring tournament then they would think that the whole roster will be available instead of having 3 days with a few characters and 2 days with all of them. Also, a poor translation on wii-ds.com's WHobby Announcement article. They state that the first thing they will announce when they get there is "if" it's the full version. Some people understood it wrong and thought that the announcement said the first thing they'll do when they get there is play a full version. Also, people came in to the thread reading wrong information and the flood gates misinformation opened.

Brawl Central is getting their WHobby information from this thread (I spoke with Chi's Finest). If he has another source, news to me.
Um... Brawl's launch is the 24th, and it's only the 12th. Did I miss something?

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I just clarified that we'll have images if available and I corrected my errors because for some reason I post in vb sometimes instead of html when I'm also on smashboards, heh.
Keep up the good work, we all appreciate you putting any info we find into an easy to find format.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Um... Brawl's launch is the 24th, and it's only the 12th. Did I miss something?
Yes, read the first post.
"WHobby 2008 will have events on January 13th, 19th and 20th. The events will be from 9AM to 4PM (7PM to 2AM EST). That's a long time. Brawl WILL be playable there. There are more days but these are the ones before Brawl launch. Expect hopefully more information."

3 days,not 3 consecutive days right before Brawl's launch

Scorpi0n1386

Smash Rookie
Wait, Level 9 CPUs are still weak? How would this information be known from demos alone? You can battle against Level 9 CPUs in the demo?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
yeah at E for All, I saw two guys ahead of me in line decide to play with two lvl 9's. I'm unsure if it was team mode or if it was even available but I remember seeing them. the computer players also had these stupid names with each level, like "lvl 8 - nasty" and lvl 7 - scary" stuff like that. it was really stupid. but yeah to answer, cpu characters are in the demo lol

I hope we get some news about Falconnnn

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
yeah at E for All, I saw two guys ahead of me in line decide to play with two lvl 9's. I'm unsure if it was team mode or if it was even available but I remember seeing them. the computer players also had these stupid names with each level, like "lvl 8 - nasty" and lvl 7 - scary" stuff like that. it was really stupid. but yeah to answer, cpu characters are in the demo lol

I hope we get some news about Falconnnn
Are you serious with the CPU levels actually having names? o_O

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
You said it, buddy! IMO, that would be a much better inclusion than Sheik. I'm sick of all the Melee Sheik posers.

Yeah, you play Sheik because you love the character soooooo much. :rolleyes:
WTF.
I haven't touched Sheik for years and I still find this annoying. Seriously, what the hell.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
WTF.
I haven't touched Sheik for years and I still find this annoying. Seriously, what the hell.
Yeah, I agree. Pichu, characterwise, is one of my favorites in Melee. But does that mean I use him?

Hell no. It's a fighting game, it can be, but isn't always about your favorite character. Why would you want to play at a tournament with a character you're awful with, just because you like them, and lose your money? When you can simply play as the character you haul *** with, and take your prize.

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
I want new stages.

**** characters. Stages are awesome in their own respect.
Also, I an curious about the musical selections if this is a new demo. Would be pretty cool to hear about certain songs making their way in.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, I agree. Pichu, characterwise, is one of my favorites in Melee. But does that mean I use him?

Hell no. It's a fighting game, it can be, but isn't always about your favorite character. Why would you want to play at a tournament with a character you're awful with, just because you like them, and lose your money? When you can simply play as the character you haul *** with, and take your prize.
gimpy

10char

Top Bottom