• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yea, those are his victory poses.
His pokemon clap, but he sits there with his head hung with shame.
-DD

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
Looking at post 211, I think it's probably not a quote. I haven't spoken/read Japanese for 2 years, but it seems that he's saying "The Pokemon's victory is my victory, the Pokemon's loss is the Pokemon's loss."

I wouldn't think that the PT would say something like that, seems more like the words of the G/S rival.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looking at post 211, I think it's probably not a quote. I haven't spoken/read Japanese for 2 years, but it seems that he's saying "The Pokemon's victory is my victory, the Pokemon's loss is the Pokemon's loss."

I wouldn't think that the PT would say something like that, seems more like the words of the G/S rival.
Wow, Red is such an ***...

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I noticed that Brawl central states that Snake has a proximity mine as his down smash and C4 as his down special.
When was it confirmed that Snake has a proximity mine?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Red holds his head in Shame of his pokemon when he loses and then says something about how if they win it's his win, but if they loose, they are the ones who loose...

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
Hence why I said that it's most likely not a quote from Brawl.

New Poke info on 258! White Charizard? They can't really discern what stamina does? Need some more experienced Japanese speakers here! :confused:
Hmm, not sure how much I'd like seeing a white Charizard. A White Squirtle, on the other hand, would look amazing.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey, is anybody who posts on these boards still playing at Whobby?

I have a few questions to ask about Fox. Just minor technical things reguarding his Up B move.

Do we know yet if his firefox attack still burns when it starts up? And are the burn frames faster than in Melee or about the same?

Secondly, can he still perform the "running fire glide" technique where you run and then jump/use upB in the same motion to make Fox glide close to the ground while on fire? I'm worried that he won't be able to perform this underrated technique in Brawl because of a change of physics.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Snake's down smash is the mine, it's like the motion sensor bomb, but you can't see it.
His down B is C-4 and it's NOT A MINE, you can see it and it explodes when you use it again.
Really people this has been known for a while, so stop speculating.
Also brawl central translated PT defeat thing as "My Pokemon's loss is my loss.", "I credit my Pokemon.".
That sounds a better doesn't it?

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Ok it talks about the colors. Then it says, as for stamina, by looking at the gameplay there is really no way of telling if the Pokemon get fatigued or not.

Also when the Pokemon get pulled out of battle or when they are being attacked, when the fighting stops and they win they still cry out in victory.

Foxs takes a one armed side facing victory pose and says something the guy couldnt catch it.
Is Fox really that fragile. When you make him drop the smashball...

On the Pictochat ^^^^ part everyone goes flying all over the place, and off the screen.
The crates are present boxes.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Down Smash= Mine burried in ground
Down Special = C4 (Small plastic explosive you visibly see on the floor).

[/snake discussion]

Top Bottom