• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ganon/Ganondorf for Brawl (updated)

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
hopefully he wont disappoint when he is officially announced, maybe he will be revealed on the 15th in that magazine

courte

Smash Lord
ganon will come back
different
awesome whether or not he weilds his sword
regardless of which sword

massive win points for a giant hole in his chest

courte

Smash Lord
if i recall correctly it's once in the chest TP
and twice in the head WW & OoT

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
if i recall correctly it's once in the chest TP
and twice in the head WW & OoT
Lets count!!
OoT:
Once, when Zelda knocks him down
Again, after he's defeated
WW:
Once, after his defeat from Link
TP:
Once by the sages
Again by Link, finally killing him.

3 times in the face, 2 times in his chest :p

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
he should be quite dynamic in his moves (ie Wind Waker) and have the ego of his latest version, major plus points for

Cape (with jaw dropping physics)
Magic
his shoulder barge, spin attack and shield kick from Twilight Princess

Also I hope they give him some impact in SSE mode and they should show his strength by emphazing his attacks like there is some force behind them

courte

Smash Lord
tp ganondorf run--he dashes by sliding lightly across the ground touching ground and kicking off every few yards

dbz basically :chuckle:

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
My opinion on Ganondorf: Combo sword and fist for standard attacks, with magic mainly for specials and Smashes. Apperance should be based off of TP, without the ultra single game stuff, like the pattarens ion his costume.

Moveset:

Standard Special Move: Magic Sphere
G-Dorf throws a ball of magic, which is easily relected, but VERY powerful.

Side Special Move: Trident Dance
G-Dorf Runs at the foe, circled by ghostly tridents. If he rams the enemy, he stabs them with his sword.

Down Special Move: Damage Field
G-Dorf lays a small, triangle-shaped area on the stage. If someone, even Ganondorf, steps on it, their damage meter will contenlly rise. It disappears after 15 seconds.

Up Special Move: Boost Spell
G-dorf chrges, then launches high into the air. Only the explosion at his feet at launch can cause damage.

Final Smash: Ganon
Ganondorf Flioats up, then shines brightly. He then turns into Ganon(the OoT, one, btw).

courte

Smash Lord
My opinion on Ganondorf: Combo sword and fist for standard attacks, with magic mainly for specials and Smashes. Apperance should be based off of TP, without the ultra single game stuff, like the pattarens ion his costume.

Moveset:

Standard Special Move: Magic Sphere
G-Dorf throws a ball of magic, which is easily relected, but VERY powerful.

Side Special Move: Trident Dance
G-Dorf Runs at the foe, circled by ghostly tridents. If he rams the enemy, he stabs them with his sword.

Down Special Move: Damage Field
G-Dorf lays a small, triangle-shaped area on the stage. If someone, even Ganondorf, steps on it, their damage meter will contenlly rise. It disappears after 15 seconds.

Up Special Move: Boost Spell
G-dorf chrges, then launches high into the air. Only the explosion at his feet at launch can cause damage.

Final Smash: Ganon
Ganondorf Flioats up, then shines brightly. He then turns into Ganon(the OoT, one, btw).
15 seconds is a long as$ time

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... 15 seconds??

Uh huh... It's been a while since I posted... kinda bored...

As long as Ganondorf is back I'll be happy... looks like I'm gonna be happy, considering his chances.

He should be faster, with a sword, but not use it too much. and have some unique, magic-based moves.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure he'll return, but I would like to see his WW garb as AT LEAST and alternate color...If WW Ganon is a seperate character, I'd like to see his Backhand of Death and SOME use of his swords...Maybe his fast swords as a weak A-tap, with his forward smash being BoD?

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
He should be slightly faster (with a more forceful looking run/attacks), have magic based moves and have his TP moves (ie from the final battle)

How about an attack were he uses his magic to rip chuncks of the level up and throw them at people? (I mean he has the power to tear down a castle)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
He should be slightly faster (with a more forceful looking run/attacks), have magic based moves and have his TP moves (ie from the final battle)

How about an attack were he uses his magic to rip chuncks of the level up and throw them at people? (I mean he has the power to tear down a castle)
I think the castle exploding in TP was more along the lines of an explosion caused by the colliding forces of the Fused Shadows, and the Triforce Of Power , not actually Ganondorf himself. In OOT he tears down the castle, but I think that was just caused by the severe damage it endured during the battle.

I agree he should be slightly faster, and have partly TP featured moves though. His Energy ball MUST be in somewhere. I'm sort of hoping for a shield type move for SideB, like swinging his cape in front of him to reflect projectiles.

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you Soluble Toast on including his cape deflect and energy ball attack, when I said about ripping the ground up I only meant in a small way not on a scale of something from dragon ball z or something like that. Also his shoulder barge followed by a sword strike and shield kick should be in there that was a good combo move from Twilight Princess, I always appreciate your comments on what I post:)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I agree with you Soluble Toast on including his cape deflect and energy ball attack, when I said about ripping the ground up I only meant in a small way not on a scale of something from dragon ball z or something like that. Also his shoulder barge followed by a sword strike and shield kick should be in there that was a good combo move from Twilight Princess, I always appreciate your comments on what I post:)

Ahh! I thought you meant he would actually lift a castle out of the ground xD
Sorry, yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Yeah, I hope he does get his combos from TP. They were great, and would definietly fit into brawl.

I really hope he gets a fitting home stage. Hopefully NOT The Mirror Of Twilight /

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
yeah.... I know!

Side B (deja vu >.<) - Ganondrof lunges foward with is sword, doing the "Gerudo Dragon" with his sword.

For all you SSBM purists (ganondorf shouldn't change), you gotta admit this is similar/better

For all you people who don't want Ganondorf to suck, this is taller/better/faster/stonger

courte

Smash Lord
that op is such a killer lol

while parusing around brawl central i saw Ganondorf(Confirmed in interview)

i'm the optimistic one, but if someone could actually post the interview, or a link to, it helps, instead there is simply his picture and nothing else. interestingly, shiek was not listed, which leads me to believe that it was a different interview that the most commonly thought of Game Informer interview, otherwise she was excluded due to bias. There is just as much "supporting evidence" for her inclusion as there is for G-Dorf's

discuss??

kirbyking99

Smash Rookie
OMG go to brawl central and in the character section it says ganondorf has been confirmed via interview. It doesn't have anymore information though which I think is a little sus but it is brawl central, so i'm convinced.

TURTLEMAN19

Smash Cadet
OMG go to brawl central and in the character section it says ganondorf has been confirmed via interview. It doesn't have anymore information though which I think is a little sus but it is brawl central, so i'm convinced.
this is a romur that i doubt is true but, the creater of zelda has said Sakurai asked him for twilight princess versions of link,zelda, shiek and GANONDORF. 2 down 2 to go!

Patinator

Smash Champion
An ideal moveset is, as many suggested, a combination of sword, magic, and physical force. Final Smash would be Ganon Transformation, with Dark Beast Ganon, the Twilight Princess incarnation, being the most likely.

Also, didn't know you made the Ganondorf thread, Chaos Leader! lol

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, ganon being in the game pretty much a sure thing.

My Ideal ganon would be one that weilds a Tridend in one hand, and a fist in the other. the trident would be as big as marths sword, hich would be added to his current reach.
he could Fly/glide as in OOT.
Look as badass as TP ganon.
teleport.
heavy enough to have no flinch frames
as fast as he currently is.
stronger

... i thought i had one more...

o ya, also, ganon should also be able to short-hop plasma-blast.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Wield a trident in one hand, and a "fist in the other"? LOL

I'd imagine his Up-B would be a Twilight Warp, much like Mewtwo's Up-B. So I doubt Super Armor is needed there. Perhaps some other move, though. He IS a heavyweight.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
he chops off yours and shoves his hand in it.....thereby wielding a fist...

Baufius

Smash Rookie
Sse

I mained ganondorf and would love to see him in Brawl but I don't think he will be returning. For one, NONE of the clone characters have been confirmed and it is starting to look dim for them. And two, he would have no place in SSE. All of the current bad guys of brawl have shown compassion before and at one time have even allied with the good guys. Ganondorf on the other hand is pure evil and would never be able to unite with the other characters to stop the SSE.

The only teammate I could see Ganondorf having is Ridely. Maybe Ganondorf could control Ridely's mind with his triforce of power.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I mained ganondorf and would love to see him in Brawl but I don't think he will be returning. For one, NONE of the clone characters have been confirmed and it is starting to look dim for them. And two, he would have no place in SSE. All of the current bad guys of brawl have shown compassion before and at one time have even allied with the good guys. Ganondorf on the other hand is pure evil and would never be able to unite with the other characters to stop the SSE.

The only teammate I could see Ganondorf having is Ridely. Maybe Ganondorf could control Ridely's mind with his triforce of power.
1( He will most likely be decloned, and he's to important to be cut. Most likely it'll be TP Ganon.
2( That is because NONE of the unlockables, which clones usually are, were shown.
3( The clones can be decloned, it's not impossible, they sorta did it for Luigi in Melee.
4( No place? Are you serious?
5( This is Smash Bros, not canon, and what does "showing compassion" have to do with being in the SSE?
6( Who says they will unite to stop the SSE? This is a stupid argument.
7( Ridley would not be controlled, and he won't be a boss if that's what you're thinking.

You made to many assumptions, these aren't even validarguments...

Monicker

Smash Cadet
I too believe that Ganon should have a mixed fighting style of armed, unarmed, and magic attacks. Every single game has mentioned that he was a powerful warlock, and he's seen wielding weapons in almost all of them too.

In TP, when his sword is sheathed the hilt looks like a trident. Am I the only one who thinks so? Perhaps for his normal attacks he keeps it sheathed and draws it for his smash attacks. That way we could satisfy A Link to the Past fans who want to see him wield a trident and TP fans used to his sword of light.

courte

Smash Lord
I agree it does look like a trident, yet i thought for his Final Smash, since it will be most likely some form of Ganon, perhaps they could take multiple influences from Ganon's appearances over the years, and make that into a new Smash Special Ganon, not ganondorf, who goes around causing a rampage with his trident

or perhaps the sword is stuck, as it was not his to wield to begin with, and it was meant to lock him and his powers. Possible Final Smash Awakened Ganondorf, whom can unsheath the sword and use it to attack... of course this one is somewhat similar to Wario Man... now i'm just gonna open notepad and make Ganon F-Smashs for the love of it WAY TO GO MONIKER!! i hate you man lol j/k

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice

why do you assume that bowser and wario are going to ally themselves with the 'good guys'? there really isn't much evidence of that at all. ganondorf will be in, seriously.

....and Ridley does not like mind control.

courte

Smash Lord
not to get off topic anymore but
Meta-Ridley will be a Ming Controlled boss, because of the mecha-implants
Ridley will be freed when you beat Meta-Ridley
Later in the game, he will seemingly help out Samus by beating up the enemy, when in reality, he will only be getting them out of the way, hungry for another fair and uninterrupted rematch.

Top Bottom