• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah Aryman, kudos. Hopefully we can keep track of everthing tomorrow and not have a bunch of duplicates.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
what time are people able to get there again? is it 11? i can't quite remember if that is correct or not...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
For some reason I think we won't get any gameplay footage until late in the day tommorow.
Quite possible. The players there will probably stay there to play as long as they can, so they'll upload any vids later in the day. But the media there will probably be turning out reports and video all day.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sick man. Its nice to know that smash balls are gonna be around a lot and not very rare.

T-major

Smash Champion
Pretty sick man. Its nice to know that smash balls are gonna be around a lot and not very rare.
I think they upped the amount of times they appear for the demo, that way people could get to try them out more. I'm sure that they will be more rare in the final release.

anyways, nice layout. Can't wait for the flood of info! :O

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Nintendo will give the press one more major hands on right before brawl ships?

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
I think they upped the amount of times they appear for the demo, that way people could get to try them out more. I'm sure that they will be more rare in the final release.

anyways, nice layout. Can't wait for the flood of info! :O
What I'm hoping for is that there'd be an item meter (like in Melee) and a FS meter. You can have it rare, or every half minute; that would be awesome..

T-major

Smash Champion
What I'm hoping for is that there'd be an item meter (like in Melee) and a FS meter. You can have it rare, or every half minute; that would be awesome..
maybe being able to set the individual frequency that each item appears... like; have Pokeballs set to low, but Assist trophies set to high? kind of like how they did the "My Music" section...

secretweapon

Smash Apprentice
Asking anyone who's going, can you find out how yoshi's upb works in midair...along with the rest of his moveset?

So there r rumors that this demo will be available on the wiishop channel on dec 3. can anyone confirm?

I

i8waffles612

I love the videos! I can't stop watching them! Rofl.

Anyways, theres gonna be much more videos tomorrow I bet :D

Minty

Smash Apprentice
seems like bowser has a new up-grab similiar to kirbys and Meta Knight Final Smash SUCKS! everybody else is like the pwnage lol Final Smash is just way to overpowered imo

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
i think its obvious that metaknight wiffed his final smash there. some of them arn't fire and forget you know. Looks like he reaches out with his cloak to envelop the enemy but no one was there. oh well.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
seems like bowser has a new up-grab similiar to kirbys and Meta Knight Final Smash SUCKS! everybody else is like the pwnage lol Final Smash is just way to overpowered imo
No, that's not a grab; that's his Side Special Move! Talk about a huge improvement. :)

And Meta Knight's Final Smash didn't connect that time. Some work like that, others don't. Some, like Yoshi's, Bowser's, and Sonic's, are mere "power-ups" or "character enhancements" that require the player to make use of these improvements. There is no guaranteed damage, just the ability to inflict a ton of pain. :chuckle:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
That's his new forward B move, not a grab...well it is a grab, but not in the traditional sense.

And Metaknights just has a small range. I hear it's in most circumstances a OHKO. It reminds me a bit of Jigg's Rest.

Anyways, what time does this thing start? (Being on the east coast always screws up your sense of time when dealing with the west coast.)

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
West Coast is 3 hours behind East Coast. So if it's 11 am here its 8am over there. I wouldn't expect anything until a couple more hours, earliest.

GOTM

Smash Champion
god i cant wait. i wanna know if this wavedashing rumor is true, and all about shffls and everything! ahh! the suspense is killing me

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
West Coast is 3 hours behind East Coast. So if it's 11 am here its 8am over there. I wouldn't expect anything until a couple more hours, earliest.
yeah, I just checked the E for All site, and if they pre-registered before sept. 1, they get in at 11 Western time, if they didn't they don't even get in till 3, if I'm reading the site correctly.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I didint care to read all posts to see if this have been said before but:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116759.html
At 0:30 does Donkey kong (holy hell is albino dk ugly) do aerial grap? It looks like he graps sonic at the air. Tell me if im horribly wrong.
First off, stop being racist against albino DK ;_;
And no, that was his regular grab. The stage was just switching, so it was impossible to distinguish the floor from the rest of it.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
I didint care to read all posts to see if this have been said before but:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116759.html
At 0:30 does Donkey kong (holy hell is albino dk ugly) do aerial grap? It looks like he graps sonic at the air. Tell me if im horribly wrong.
When they switches the arena, they are still standing on something.

it was impossible to distinguish the floor from the rest of it.

No its not. I dont get it why sakurai/hes team didnt do it to disapear when they falls.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
No its not. I dont get it why sakurai/hes team didnt do it to disapear when they falls.
...um, yes it is. Maybe the video is just really low quality, but the only way you can tell where the floor was when the stage switched was by looking at the standing characters. If they were all jumping, there'd be no way to know when they'd land unless you'd played the stage before.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Ok guys so I'm guessing people will just be getting inside in about a half-hour or so if they pre-registered.

I'm going off to take an e-commerce test right now but I'll be back soon. So in case videos start popping up (kinda unlikely) in the next couple of hours that's where I'll be.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Since I dont want to start a new topic and this thread was closest to my question, I will post here:

In the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl Gameplay Footage" video on Youtube (link) at 5:54 to 5:56 you can clearly see a bomb with the letter "B" on it. That got me thinking, is this a Bomberman referance? It looks like a Bomberman power-up which is called "The Smartbomb" here.

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
Since I dont want to start a new topic and this thread was closest to my question, I will post here:

In the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl Gameplay Footage" video on Youtube (link) at 5:54 to 5:56 you can clearly see a bomb with the letter "B" on it. That got me thinking, is this a Bomberman referance? It looks like a Bomberman power-up which is called "The Smartbomb" here.
It's from the Starfox series.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's the Smart Bomb from Star Fox 64. Same sounds, same design form the instruction manual. Hasn't this been confirmed? :ohwell:

Top Bottom