• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL GA Power Rankings thread- Updated for 6-26-08 (OR ARE THEY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
@Gerbil+112- looking more closely at the results I dug up, you're correct- Alpha outplaced me at SOD5, beat me in pools at G4S5, and beat me AND outplaced me at NOYS 1.

I'll revise my statement:

*At G4S5 I outplaced all of the attending GA smashers except Chaddd and Cornel.

*At Reflex's I outplaced all the attending GA smashers except XIF, and I tied with Cornel.

*At the October 27th Waba melee tournament, I outplaced all attending GA smashers, except XIF and Carter.

*At the most recent Waba melee tournament, I got 2nd, beating Cornel and XIF in brackets.

^Thats my revised statement.

@Nicaboy- I suppose its up to the panel as a group, who outside the currently listed top 10 gets to participate in the round robin.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Didn't think people would get so worked up over a # next to there name <_<
once again, it's more than a number.

what if we just removed any mention of you altogether, alpha? If it were merely a number, it wouldn't matter to you at all. All your hard work, money, and tournament placings aren't really that big of a deal. How georgia and out of state smashers see you as a competitive smasher is unimportant, despite the fact that you've proven yourself, right?

there is weight behind these numbers here; this is a ranking of a competitive activity.

i mean, tiger woods wouldn't mind if we made a top 10 golfer list and put him at 10, since it's just a number, right?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
lame but i suppose anyway full metal let me say i do apprciate you putting in time and effort for updating the pr i see you well uh take time and conseration for it im glad your on the panel. as well as 112 who seems not to take crap from people and stand by his opinions
and where is dogy last time i saw him he got 4 stock by flaming roy.......
blah blah blah i need mm

Prac352

Smash Lord
First of all, I like the idea of a round robin based on pr nominees to determine relative skill.

Secondly, I admire the fact that 112 does speak his mind.

And it's not like it was just Mike B that didn't/doesn't think you deserved the number one spot, Chad. It's a majority rule on the panel. You're resulting to petty insults simply shows you have nothing relevant to say.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'm actually upset at the fact that your sig is pure bullsh*t. Now, you owe me and my d*ck an apology, in person, eye to eye.

ears to the streets

Your hairline owes me an apology.

/trying to fit in
/bored
/using your joke against you

*thanks Dogy*

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
yeah chaddd I agree you're not a bad person at all, and same goes for you, if you're chill with marty, cant be bad at all ;)

One thing though... I realize you lost to a person I also lost to and someone else who wouldve been difficult for me, but I also feel like I still deserved my placing at TGMTSBCO, simply because I worked hard in my 2nd round pools going 14-0 with 2-0'ing chu and hungrybox... yes my bracket was easier but at the same time thats what happens when you get first seed, and I had some difficult matches to boot.

continue on with your debates.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
most current skills>>>>past accomplishments. I beat pc chris m2k and ken 1000 times 30 years ago so them beating mea few time recently is absurd I should be ranked best in the world. I wish i could get away with logic like that lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
seriously, Wes needs to come back and reclaim the no1 spot.

fukkin smash drama lol. *goes to bed*

chaddd

Smash Lord
most current skills>>>>past accomplishments. I beat pc chris m2k and ken 1000 times 30 years ago so them beating mea few time recently is absurd I should be ranked best in the world. I wish i could get away with logic like that lol
I can't figure out if you're for against my side of this argument, but since you're from florida I assume you're on XIF's side. But yeah, most recent is right. I 2-0'd XIF just last week in brackets. More recent than that one time he won 2-1 at Smashtaclysm in pools.

You're resulting to petty insults simply shows you have nothing relevant to say.
Yeah, and posting 'what he said' and then talking about how I used 'petty insults' proved you had something genuinely important to say as well.

Also, if I have nothing relevant then what the f*ck exactly were those doctorate papers I wrote on how this is bullsh*t?

I beat XIF way more than he beat me, way more recently, and consistently.

Majority rules voted. Tell me who voted to have the panel of scrubsacks and then FullMetal and Mike G?

Majority of a group composed 2/3 of hot garbage. Just because it's circumstantially the majority doesn't make it the best. 65% of the population in the world has an IQ of 100 or lower. The majority is almost always a huge group of morons with big mouths.

I'm only doing round robin if there's money involved. Otherwise that idea can f*ck itself. I'm sick of trying to reason with a handful of my friends, a handful of cool people i don't really know, and this massive crowd of c*ckmeat sandwiches that for some reason feels qualified to tell me how well I'm performing in this game.

I mean, I can't tell you the number of times I've been at a national ranked crew battle and everyone from the South just keeps screaming:

"DOGYSAMICH DOGYSAMICH DOGYSAMICH! SOMEBODY FIND 112 SO WE CAN MAKE SENSE OF ALL THIS. 112 112 112 112 112."

I've honestly never given a sh*t what 112 thinks about anything, but now I have to cater to him in order to keep my #1 spot? Well I've got two words:

****. That.

I've beaten the trash out of anyone and everyone in the Georgia smash scene, and can still do so on any occasion. I have nothing left to prove to you f*ckers, and have felt that way ever since my entire state decided to cheer for Iori at G4S5. Team spirit has never even been a factor for any of you guys. This is the only state in the world where near everyone gets pissed at me for showing up rather actually trying to f*cking win for change.

Anyone remember AWA? When half the Georgia scene was furious at FullMetal for helping me get into the tournament? Yeah, thanks a lot guys. It's been fun knowing such a group of pretentious sad sacks.

"Oh, I know you. You get angry on the internet sometimes. Which makes you a d*ck."

You've all got me all figured out.

Good luck with that winning that none of you can seem to do. You know who I'm talking about and who I'm not talking about.

As far as Georgia smash goes, it can pretty much s*ck my balls. It's so amazing to me how no matter how hard someone works to make some reputation for this state, we have way more people who just want to publicize their sucking. Congratulations. You're famous for Laijin and making Mike G retire out of boredom. F*ck this. What a gigantic god d@mn waste of time.

EDIT FOR MIKE G: Based on these new rules for the PR that I never had put to my advantage, I outplaced Wes, and actually played and beat him in brackets at a few of them, at the last 5 or so major tournaments before he went to England. I didn't get his spot but XIF got mine based on like 2. That beats all kinds of ***, dude.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
i know nobody cares but still here's my 2 cents:

This PR is based, rather than on projected skill level in addition to tournament showings/placings, on cold hard numbers. Now I guess according to numbers these ranks are accurate....but it's clear from people's responses that the rankings seem a bit off (carter #6 wtf). So even though I know you feel that as panelists you should be objective and not try to fit people based on your own whims, as I suppose you feel that you may be biased, it is more important to look at the reality of things: this is smash bros. While people may have a gripe or two, I don't think anyone's gonna go home crying if you put Carter ahead of Prac or whatever because you think he has more skills. The point of the PR, in addition to the obviously effective intent of making everyone obsess over them, is to reflect the people who are the best in Georgia, not the people who have been doing the best at the 4 tournaments. I've never really cared THAT much about the PR mostly because I suck at smash bros.....but yea that's all I got. Sorry if I'm dragging this out when everyone has already moved on.

also because i love people yelling at me:

hey chaddd and xif
you guys both think you're better than the other guy, and everyone here on smashboards has read probably a bajillion pages of **** talk between you two

so how about......playing?
like a race to 10 or some junk like they do in marvel
winner gets bragging rights and you guys can put some chunk of change on the table and we'll order pizza and cake
maybe even girls will show up

SleepyK

by girls, you mean tong, right?

i need some of that hot bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb action.

S0FT

Smash Ace
---------TGMT GRS5 RFLX's P3 NOYS UNCP SOD5 Waba
-----Xif | 9th | N/A | 1st |- ? - | N/A | 5th | 1st | 3rd |
Chaddd | 25th| 2nd | N/A | N/A| 1st | 2nd| 1st | 1st |

N/A=not there or did not make it out of pools
?=Unknown placing
Xif was not there for G4S5 so it can not be counted
Rflx and Noys cancels out
SOD5 cancels out
Chaddd beat Xif in UNCP
Chaddd 1-0
Xif beat Chaddd at P3
Tied 1-1
Xif beat Chaddd at TGMT
Xif 2-1
Chaddd beat Xif at Waba
Tied 2-2
It appears to me that it was a tie in tournament placings.
Chaddd was #1 before and he won the most recent tournament.

I do not have an opinion on this but thats what I found when I looked through everything.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
i know nobody cares but still here's my 2 cents:

This PR is based, rather than on projected skill level in addition to tournament showings/placings, on cold hard numbers. Now I guess according to numbers these ranks are accurate....but it's clear from people's responses that the rankings seem a bit off (carter #6 wtf). So even though I know you feel that as panelists you should be objective and not try to fit people based on your own whims, as I suppose you feel that you may be biased, it is more important to look at the reality of things: this is smash bros. While people may have a gripe or two, I don't think anyone's gonna go home crying if you put Carter ahead of Prac or whatever because you think he has more skills. The point of the PR, in addition to the obviously effective intent of making everyone obsess over them, is to reflect the people who are the best in Georgia, not the people who have been doing the best at the 4 tournaments. I've never really cared THAT much about the PR mostly because I suck at smash bros.....but yea that's all I got. Sorry if I'm dragging this out when everyone has already moved on.

also because i love people yelling at me:

hey chaddd and xif
you guys both think you're better than the other guy, and everyone here on smashboards has read probably a bajillion pages of **** talk between you two

so how about......playing?
like a race to 10 or some junk like they do in marvel
winner gets bragging rights and you guys can put some chunk of change on the table and we'll order pizza and cake
maybe even girls will show up
Might not be my business, but my name was mentioned in this thread several pages ago and I was therefor summoned.

It isn't just smash . To most players that reach a high level, we treat it as competition in the same way we would treat any sport. We put money on the line because we want to prove something, even if we feel we won't get money back from it. I would get pissed too if I truly felt that, in ranking my skill, which is a reflection of the time I've put into this game multiplied against factors such as talent and helpfulness of my training partners, people made inaccurate assumptions based on personal feelings towards me as a person rather than basing their assumptions on what they have actually experienced playing me and how I placed in tournament.

Several times, consistency has been mentioned. Average level of play is the most important factor when ranking a player (in most cases). I don't care if a person can randomly take a set from me when they are randomly losing sets to randoms. I almost never lose sets to people below my skill tier unless I have restricted my play in some way, such as not allowing myself to counterpick characters or not using certain buttons on my controller during tourny matches.

Players do have their on and off days. At TGMTSBCO, no offense XIF, but chad was much more difficult than you were. But with that, I know I've seen you play much much better and felt that you were off your game, whether that be by choice or not, at least while playing me.

I dunno, I've kinda fizzled out on my train of thought because I want to play Starcraft.

Bottom line: Making changes to the highest positions in a power ranking should require an obvious show of consistently better play over a period of time that allows many (more than 2) tournaments to be taken into account. In addition to this, it is also more important to look at each of those tournaments and see who they won and lost to rather than the placement that they receive, given that both players place similarly in the overall.

Note: I'm not arguing either way as far as the XIF vs chad thing. My statements are all meant to be unbiased.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
well SOD5 I sent chaddd to losers and later on agreed to split, and you cant really just cut and dry use he placed above him so +1 to him without context, but that isnt the point I wanna make with this post.

I truthfully dont care about the power rankings because I don't judge my skill based on this discussion or that number or this person beating me 56.7743% of the time.

I justify my skill based on what I've actually done, and for me, I've done quite alot. Going backwards

TGMTSBCO: I 2-0'd chudat and hungrybox in pools, going 14-0 in my 2nd round pools, and ultimately placing 9th.

Pound3: I made it to the top 32 bracket, making it out of my 3rd round pool which consisted of mew2king, chillindude, silentwolf, QDVS, and tec0.

December Gigabits: I managed to beat shiz's fox in a best of 5 set in winners finals (granted, he came back to embarrass me afterwards, but still <_<) ultimately placing 2nd.

Tournament at my house during thanksgiving I played lambchops multiple times throughout the tournament, ultimately taking our sets to grandfinals to last match of the last set, and this was after beating esam, ultimately placing 2nd again.

FCD, after doubting myself for a week, I 2-0'd Jiano in pools.

Pound2, after coming from nowhere, I beat Wife in pools 2-0, surprising almost everyone there.

I could even mention more, like all the times me and green mario have done extremely well in teams, beating speedn/viperboy, tink/darkrain, chu/chillin, etc.

This is how I define my smash career, by these accomplishments. I dont need a number next to my name to tell me I'm good, or I am above or below anyone in this state. I feel like I'm number 1 simply because of the results I give at the big tournaments and specifically what I've done, not what 4 people saw out of 5 or so tournaments after analyzing placings and what not. You could place me below omega in the power rankings and I really wouldnt care simply because I plan to go to more tournaments and turn some more heads and beat some more people.

Chaddd: I wish you saw it more like this. why the hell should you get hung up over beating me? Who am I? There are bigger and better things out there to do, instead of singling out one person in one state. This is not to be rude but in all honesty I dont associate my skill based on how I do versus you, but rather the aggregate of everyone in the nation. I would like to hope you feel the same way, for the sake of any good smasher.

rice

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that is true, no one ever cheers for chaddd in his own state... that's just ... ********/pathetic.
Just because you guys think he's an *** or w/e, doesn't change that fact. He's also worked hard and he's also doing a **** good job. He's doing extremely well with ganon. Beating a lot of high and top tiers. Anyways.... yea....

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Actually I support Chaddd ALOT. If you knew how many times I tell my crew or peeps online before the go to tourneys "yo watch out for for this guy chaddd's ganon. its serious" lol DA would tell you that i'm on the dudes nuts LOL but w/e I have no personal beef with Chaddd. I was smoking weed with him the other day LOL

Chaddd I was joking about theGAwes thing, I just miss him. Nothing agasint Xif but IMO (dont hate me Xif LOL) I actually wanted you on 1st.Between you and Xif I think you're the better payer but again, that's just my opinon and it doesn't matter in the PRs but me aswell as the other panelist were counting the tourneys and making it as unbiased as possible. Xif has shown he has done very well at tourneys and not just at recent ones either. And Fullmetal wanted u first too. I just wish he didnt have to pressure you about ur spot at Waba :/

Elliot: so your're saying because Carter is obviously the better player he can still keep his spot because he's placed and done so well a half year ago?

Remember when I was still on that list and decided to take a break for about a year? Wes put me in the tier section. Wes even said "LOL honestly Mike youd still be top if you just went to tourneys but it wouldnt be fair to the people who are proving themselves now" Carter was one of the people just coming on the list and doing really well at tourneys too. Would it be fair to him if he couldnt get on merely because i'm ......."Mike G" >_>?

With this Kinda logic we should have put my boy Merck on the PRs. he could go at it with the top 3 and 2 stock me half the the time when I was top. Dude goes to ONE tourney finally IN NORTH CAROLINA and places 3rd almost beating LOZR and GAwes places first LOL too good merk (dont hate me lol)

Ive Jihad it: Ali i'm secret agent CTU Jack Buarer thats why you didnt know who I was! HIDE YO BOMBS NIGG@!!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
@Chaddd - You said something about trashing everyone in GA. You're wrong good sir. You have yet to beat MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
in halo. :p

@Mike G - The whole cheering for Chaddd thing is true. I remember at G4S5, in the finals I was like "Let's go Chaddd!" and I got looks that were like "wtf Gerbil you're cheering for the wrong guy... o.O" But I just want to support the state.

Everyone should be supporting the state. Yeah I can understand people disliking someone because of what they say or do, but supporting OOS is just kinda... wrong. I mean sure, if the finals consist of 2 OOS players, then go ahead and pick a side lol. However, why not support your own state?

Kinda reminds me of TGMTESBCO(sp? lol). My man Alpha was playing in pools against ColBol. Me and Nice1 are behind him supporting him ya know, telling him he's gonna win this and all that jazz. Two (names to be left out) GA players came from behind simply telling us that Alpha had no chance and that they'd be willing to bet ColBol would take it easy. Wellp. My ***** Alpha proved your ***** WRONG LOL and he proceded to 2-1 ColBol. IN YO OOS SUPPORTING FACES!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDD

@Rice - wtf you doin in here LOL. Hit me up on AIM later, I'll probably be bored again haha.

@Cactuar - At first I was like "wtf is this pro doing here" then I think I remembered you mention that you Forum Search your own name if I recall correctly lol. Welcome (again) to GA. :D

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I can't figure out if you're for against my side of this argument, but since you're from florida I assume you're on XIF's side. But yeah, most recent is right. I 2-0'd XIF just last week in brackets. More recent than that one time he won 2-1 at Smashtaclysm in pools.

im not in anyones side just trying to clear up something I guess

Prac352

Smash Lord
Wow, that is true, no one ever cheers for chaddd in his own state... that's just ... ********/pathetic.
Just because you guys think he's an *** or w/e, doesn't change that fact. He's also worked hard and he's also doing a **** good job. He's doing extremely well with ganon. Beating a lot of high and top tiers. Anyways.... yea....
I generally cheer/**** talk everybody, regardless of skill. But that's a two way street there. I don't think I've ever seen Chad cheer anybody else on either.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I don't think I've ever seen Chad cheer anybody else on either.
Well I'm glad you've just joined the realm of completely full of sh*t.

Cactuar rules.

And there's nothing wrong with searching your name, it's the easiest way to see who's both replied to AND talked sh*t about you.

But it's like he said, I just can't believe what was supposed to be the biggest honor of this state (i wish that didn't sound like such a joke) was given away based on what seems like some sort of slightly biased but self proclaimed 'unbiased' personal vendetta. You all have your reasons for not liking me, but they're all directly related to me pretty much embarrassing someone in this video game we all play. I just don't remember when someone being better than you at a video game merited them being a worthless f*ck that shouldn't so up to tournaments 'so the rest of us can win for a change.'

I give up guys. I'd like to let it be known that at no point other than when what I said to 112 was I angry. Me using obscenities relative to how some of you talk, most of you assume that anger goes hand in hand with cussing. I'd like to point out that this is not the case.

I'm only going to play in the Round Robin if there's money involved. Like I already said.

It's like I told Cornel at the Waba tournament:

'If I lose my spot I'm pretty much done with Georgia Smash.'

I'm sure many of you are cheering about this fact. But I'm still going to show up randomly to take your money, just so everyone gets shafted in the end.

Have a pleasant evening.

For the record, here's a list of the people I've cheered for in random Smash matchups:

Drephen
DieSuperFly
Mew2King
PC
GaWes
GaPeach
Everyone's favorite Cactus
Justin Wong
KoreanDJ
Kage
Renth
Tipman
DaShizWiz
KeepSpeedN
FullMetal
Cornel
Nite
Iori

And the list continues, as I'm sure I've forgotten people. But good call, nonetheless, Prac. Next time I have a statement based on blind over assumption that I believe will argue against someone else's point but really won't, I'll post it here.

SleepyK

i <3 chad.

btw happy late birthday, even though i told you happy early birthday at six flags.

also, <3 cactus.

Prac352

Smash Lord
I am still quite disgruntled
Umm, If you'll look back at my post, you'll see that I was referring only to what I have actually seen myself. So while it may be true that you have stood behind Wes in a match cheering "Go Wes," I never said anywhere that it hasn't happened.

And even if somebody was cheering for OoS against you, so what? It's ok to be friends with and cheer for TN.

Next time I see you playing a match, I'll be sure to root for you as loud as I can, so your feelings don't get hurt.

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
These rankings should be a substantial representative of a participant's level of skill at the present time. Some of the criteria for the selections are inconclusive. I say that because suddenly, tournaments that happened some time ago are implicated into the equation of the determination of the placements. It's weird that there is no timeline set for the production of such an important list as this. Maybe you guys should start going by quarters? The beginning of the quarter should focus on the last bit of the performances of the last quarter. The end of the quarter should summarize everyone's performance, and possibly even have a small tournament to decipher the placements in the top 10. Just a suggestion. I know this is barely any of my business, but just thought it might make the timeline/criteria apparent to the participants and the speculators.

However the one thing that I particularly dislike is how the process of the top contenders (top 3) in this system. The number 1, 2, and 3 in the state should carry a heavier emphasis on skill. In many other sports when the elite competitors begin to draw near one another in their respective divisions, they end up fighting, and that's what we should do, to exterminate skepticism and eliminate every argument about evidence and bias. If this list is supposed to represent who's better than whom, then some extreme must be taken to deliver concrete fact versus comparing tournament placings. 2-10 matter, but #1 is the most visible representative of this state's skill, and the system used to select that very person contradicts that, immediately. At this current rate, the top 3 will always be obscure and blurry: let them play instead of awkwardly point your fingers and estimating who the best is with silly statistics and tournament rankings. If Chaddd says he's the best, let him prove it by beating Xif. If Cornel says he's better than Chaddd, let him prove it by beating Chaddd. I can understand 4-10 being under scrutiny, for it must contain bias and knowledgeable judgment produced by the panel that some might not agree on, but 1-3 should bear evidence of the dominant of the three. 2-3, fight for 2, 1-2 fight for 1. Stop tiptoeing around the idea of who's the best and find out for yourselves.

As for 4-10 (as with 1-3), the performances should play a bigger role. To even enter the top 10 says a lot, and as said before me, performance and consistency should be key to getting here. I think that this part of the list will probably be the most rocky of all. People will whine because they've reportedly beat people higher than them in recent times (which is fair). I have always personally thought that a round robin tourney would mitigate all of the crying, but I know how tedious those are, so I dismissed it.

I still like this game a lot even though I rarely play, but I pay a considerable amount of attention to the status of southern Smash because I like to see it as a sport. Like I have said before, Smash sucks because I suck at it. I'm glad that the competitive individuals in the rankings are excited when the list generated because it gives them an incentive to perform on a "grand" scale and it delivers excitement to those lucky enough to watch. It gives needed hype to a community still in an infantile status afterall. However, it saddens me when the list is cultivated, people lose hope and because our system isn't perfected, no one suddenly cares, and they lose to will to participate. Just help. Of course, I'm guilty of a tiny bit of hypocrisy due to my last post being over a year ago (it took 10 minutes for me to remember how to change my signature), and I'll take retorts willingly, but we shouldn't give up on a new system, and attempt to help the panel perfect it. Anyways..those are my thoughts, just another whining speculator who happens to love the Smash community, trying to help out, but if you all go to GameBlurg, it'll make you all feel a lot better about yourselves (shameless plug).

Edit-If I have repeated anything said in the upper pages, my bads.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
chaddd said:
For the record, here's a list of the people I've cheered for in random Smash matchups:

Drephen
DieSuperFly
Mew2King
PC
GaWes
GaPeach
Everyone's favorite Cactus
Justin Wong
KoreanDJ
Kage
Renth
Tipman
DaShizWiz
KeepSpeedN
FullMetal
Cornel
Nite
Iori
TONG
imo its the panalists job to pick the right tournaments to mathcraft with, and then use their opinions on tie brakers and thangs
that is panalist job.

btw here is my latest korean honey:

i know you can only barely see them in this picture, but her legs are incredible

edit: legs

SleepyK

Excuse me, sir. Could you move please? It's getting kind of dark over here, and I'm trying to read.

lol tong likes korean ladies, and the korean men like tong.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Elliot: so your're saying because Carter is obviously the better player he can still keep his spot because he's placed and done so well a half year ago?

Remember when I was still on that list and decided to take a break for about a year? Wes put me in the tier section. Wes even said "LOL honestly Mike youd still be top if you just went to tourneys but it wouldnt be fair to the people who are proving themselves now" Carter was one of the people just coming on the list and doing really well at tourneys too. Would it be fair to him if he couldnt get on merely because i'm ......."Mike G" >_>?

With this Kinda logic we should have put my boy Merck on the PRs. he could go at it with the top 3 and 2 stock me half the the time when I was top. Dude goes to ONE tourney finally IN NORTH CAROLINA and places 3rd almost beating LOZR and GAwes places first LOL too good merk (dont hate me lol)
I agree with this way of assessing the PR, you kinda have to show up and keep beating people's ***** to prove that they haven't improved to be better than you.

QFT, Mike jeezy <3

---------------------------------

It seems like the round robin idea is the most popular way to decide the ranks of the GA PR now.
I think the biggest problem will be getting a date and a venue that ALL of the top 10 can make it to, in addition to however many more the panel selects to participate.

I agree with throwing money on the line for this, 10$/person entry. That way, if you don't care about the PR, at least maybe you'll play your best cause you don't wanna lose your 10 bucks?

If everyone could make it to my smashfest on July 10th, there'd be no problem running it there- other than that I can't think of any great opportunities to get started on this project...
=/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom