• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL GA Power Rankings thread- Updated for 6-26-08 (OR ARE THEY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
*Advisement - The GA power ranking thread is created not to envoke rivalries and bitter personal attacks. The purpose of the power ranking thread and the goal of the voting members is to provide the players of GA and anyone interested in such a means to generally compare the skill of GA players. It is not meant to say that person 4 beats person 6 every time, yet to simply state that on a consistent basis, these players outrank others in tournaments or respected matches (i.e. money matches or rivalry matches).

The Panel - The panel is currently comprised of a member to represent the three major areas of smash in GA. Ethan( DogySamich) will represent southern GA. Mike (Mog112) will represent central GA smash scene, and Mike (FullMetal) will represent the northern players of GA. This is not to say, that the ranking is done on a regional basis, and that each of us gives votes as such. The process simply makes it more reasonable to keep up with how players are doing in individual matches between each other, outside of the major tournament scene. In addition, Mike G has also been added as a panelist, but has not been assigned a region.

Note The current rankings were created with consideration to attendance, as well as tournament placings. The power rankings are going to undergo a structural change, but for this update, we used the old format.

Tournament Results Used:
Reflex's
G4S5
Soft's house tournament
Pound 3
TGMTSBCO
Waba melee tournament

The Next Convention of Panelists is undecided.

LEGENDS
BLAKE - FOX / G&W
CO_AND_ME - SAMUS / FALCO
JUST1111 - BOBBY - EVERYONE
MIKE G. - INVENTOR OF PEACH
GA-WES - FOUNDER OF GA SMASH
GA-PEACH - PLACES TOP 5 WITH ROY

The list:
1. XIF- Peach/Falco
2. Chaddd- Ganondorf/Fox
3. C- Fox/Falco/Captain Falcon
4. FullMetal- Marth/Fox
5. Prac- Peach/Ganon
6. Carter- Fox/Fox
7. DogySamich- Dr. Mario/Falco
8. TheAlphaGundam- Samus/Sheik
9. 112- Marth/Jigglypuff/Sheik/ICs/Fox
10. Soft- Jigglypuff/Falco

Discuss

chaddd

Smash Lord
Wow. Thank god Mike G is being put on the panel. XIF outplaces me at like two tournaments and one I didn't even go to, I 2-0 him last Sunday, and I 4 stock one of the panel members in the Grand Finals and my spot goes to someone who's location says Florida?

Spite doesn't even begin to cover the reactions that come to mind. I'm teaming with Cornel at FAST1. Good luck with your paneling, guys.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
wow Prac is high up there. awesome job.

great job to Soft for making top ten as well, you know I love you puffball

and FullMetal... I'm looking at you to get even higher :D

I love GA

chaddd

Smash Lord
Actually, you know what? F*ck it. Take me off the Power Rankings. I refuse to be a part of Georgia Smash anymore. For years players like Bobby and Wes attempted to gain reputation for this state and help it to become respected by the smash community. But now even our own panel doesn't seem to have a problem with making us all look like an even bigger joke. So until I can move to the West Coast and change my location, I'd like to be removed from this list. Thanks guys.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out how FullMetal, skilled though he may be, is now the only member of the Georgia Smash community to move from not on the list, to top 5 in one change. Even Carter and I started at 10th place.

Prac352

Smash Lord
I am quite disgruntled
^What he said.

While I don't exactly agree with this list, Congrats to Fullmetal and Cornel I guess. And XIF and everybody else that moved up.

But yeah, Like I said in the other pr thread, I thought the point of having a panel was to mull over who beats who and does what. It's kind of dumb how we threw the update all on placings especially considering tournies like waba and soft's.

What's to stop any of us from hosting tournaments at local gamestops and reporting our first place victory against the casuals that can't believe that their roy just got pwnd by a Marth?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
The PR,
Is the way it is for now.

The requirement for a tournament being considered in PR rankings is that 5 of the top 10 have to be in attendance, entering the event.

Reflex's
1. XIF
2. Cornel
3. Alpha
4. Prac
5. Dogy

G4S5
1. Chaddd
2. Cornel
3. Alpha
4. Prac
5. Dogy

Soft's house tournament
1. Chaddd
2. Cornel
3. 112
4. Carter
5. Alpha

Pound 3
1. Chaddd
2. XIF
3. Cornel
(Was considered anyway because it was such a big national tournament)

TGMTSBCO
1. Chaddd
2. XIF
3. Cornel
4. Carter
5. 112

Waba melee tournament
1. Chaddd
2. XIF
3. Cornel
4. Prac
5. FullMetal ( I counted myself here because no-one can make the argument that I shouldn't have been #10 at this point- the PR was supposed to have been updated twice at this point)

the way the PR is decided is in need of an overhaul, and myself and Dogy are going to work on a new system for the panelists to base the PR they create off of.
For now, please be patient- and host Melee tournaments so we can have more to base the next one off of.

:)

Daysoo

Smash Ace
The PR,
Is the way it is for now.

The requirement for a tournament being considered in PR rankings is that 5 of the top 10 have to be in attendance, entering the event.

-snip- big list of stuff I don't get -snip-

the way the PR is decided is in need of an overhaul, and myself and Dogy are going to work on a new system for the panelists to base the PR they create off of.
For now, please be patient- and host Melee tournaments so we can have more to base the next one off of.

:)
I don't understand this post.
Also: <3 Mojitos.
Son of an edit: Desu is #1 at barlw. (No one should care enough to argue. ;P)

ss118

Smash Master
where are the extra tiers(not that me and druggy would be on them again)?

oh well.

I agree on the fact that this list is quite wrong on so many level. April fools jokes are only funny in April, guys.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
List is bogus? I said the same thing too when it was first brought up, but you cant argue facts.

I saw fullmetal 4th and called bull**** so quick it made everybody's head spin. But then we looked at tourney results, and you just cant argue against facts.

Is the jump from nowhere to 4th high? Yeah it is, but it's kinda hard to argue when he outplaced the people below him more than they outplace him. Again, i called bull**** so quick when i saw it myself.

___

As for the arguement over "who beats who" versus "who finishes higher", that's a difference of opinions, and the panel (YES THAT INCLUDES MIKE G) agreed to go with who finishes higher.

Cause realistically, you can argue that "dogy 4stocked xif twice, therefore dogy is better inspite of the fact that he got 17th" vs "Dogy 4stocked xif twice, but xif won the tourney so he's better than dogy"

___

And for the end of this, let me make this clear.

I know this list was made fair and unbiasedly. I know partially because I helped make it myself, but mostly because I looked at the facts and placed people accordingly. The ONLY thing that had any room for debate was 1 and 2.

Its not like these results are from 2 tourneys.

Do I LIKE the end result of the list? Hell no. I see a bunch of stuff up here that just strikes me as odd. But again, aside from chaddd and xif, you cant draw up an arguement. I tried. And it wasnt an arguement of my opinion vs 112's, fmm's, or mike g's opinion, it was an arguement against tourney results.

I dont like where I am on the rankings. That means im gunna either get my **** together and move up or watch my *** drop the **** off the ranks.

__

edit: last thing i meant to cover. Slipped my mind cause it's pretty unimportant.

Tiers?

**** TIERS.

Show to tourneys, place well, get on top 10. I cant argue when people consistantly show up to tourneys and beat my ***.

Done.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
btw is this list in any way based off previous pr or is it made entirely on those 5 touneysw or w/e

chaddd

Smash Lord
List is bogus? I said the same thing too when it was first brought up, but you cant argue facts.

I saw fullmetal 4th and called bull**** so quick it made everybody's head spin. But then we looked at tourney results, and you just cant argue against facts.

Is the jump from nowhere to 4th high? Yeah it is, but it's kinda hard to argue when he outplaced the people below him more than they outplace him. Again, i called bull**** so quick when i saw it myself.

___

As for the arguement over "who beats who" versus "who finishes higher", that's a difference of opinions, and the panel (YES THAT INCLUDES MIKE G) agreed to go with who finishes higher.

Cause realistically, you can argue that "dogy 4stocked xif twice, therefore dogy is better inspite of the fact that he got 17th" vs "Dogy 4stocked xif twice, but xif won the tourney so he's better than dogy"

___

And for the end of this, let me make this clear.

I know this list was made fair and unbiasedly. I know partially because I helped make it myself, but mostly because I looked at the facts and placed people accordingly. The ONLY thing that had any room for debate was 1 and 2.

Its not like these results are from 2 tourneys.

Do I LIKE the end result of the list? Hell no. I see a bunch of stuff up here that just strikes me as odd. But again, aside from chaddd and xif, you cant draw up an arguement. I tried. And it wasnt an arguement of my opinion vs 112's, fmm's, or mike g's opinion, it was an arguement against tourney results.

I dont like where I am on the rankings. That means im gunna either get my **** together and move up or watch my *** drop the **** off the ranks.

__

edit: last thing i meant to cover. Slipped my mind cause it's pretty unimportant.

Tiers?

**** TIERS.

Show to tourneys, place well, get on top 10. I cant argue when people consistantly show up to tourneys and beat my ***.

Done.
Chaddd and XIF seems to be my argument, doesn't it? This is the best birthday present ever!

Yes, today is my birthday. Sweet. My only questions is how I lost my spot when i clearly defended it very recently? The most recent tournament of them all counts for nothing, and I'll have you know that at Pound 3, XIF placed higher than me, yes, but I believe I beat him in Pools. With Sheik. Apparently arguing for the list, none of you realize the level of trash I've already received from Florida, but you all have just sealed the very beginning of it. And right before FAST1. Thanks a lot, guys.

Now seriously, take me off that joke of a list.

I also hardly think it's fair to use Reflex's tournament to kick me down to number 2 when I wasn't there. Wes would have never let any of this happen. In fact I'm sure he's going to be a bit offended.

Now seriously, please please please take me off that list. Georgia Smash can suck a lemon after this indecency.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Chaddd and XIF seems to be my argument, doesn't it? This is the best birthday present ever!

Yes, today is my birthday. Sweet. My only questions is how I lost my spot when i clearly defended it very recently? The most recent tournament of them all counts for nothing, and I'll have you know that at Pound 3, XIF placed higher than me, yes, but I believe I beat him in Pools. With Sheik. Apparently arguing for the list, none of you realize the level of trash I've already received from Florida, but you all have just sealed the very beginning of it. And right before FAST1. Thanks a lot, guys.

Now seriously, take me off that joke of a list.
im under carter because i let him take a game from me last month and that got him outta pools, inspite of the fact of beating him in the set.

If you want to get off the list, take it up with fmm or mike g, they're the ones who can edit that post. I dont see why it's a big problem to beat him and take it back.

My problem isnt as big as your, but im in the same boat you are.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
did anyone else notice how comical it was that carter's two characters were fox.. and fox?

i'm just wondering - are all the previous tournaments being disregarded?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
i realized it first someone gimme propz

[x] propz go in my empty box
yes

Maybe the top ranked should get together and fight it out. that'd be kinda stupid actually but... just settle any problems? I dunno.

I don't find it odd that FM is that high... seems correct to me. There are some other things kinda skepticle but... you know, it's not my place anyway. I hope everything gets sorted. <3 GA, from your northern state with no melee scene.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
<3 TRC, from your southern state with silly power rankings.

chaddd

Smash Lord
im under carter because i let him take a game from me last month and that got him outta pools, inspite of the fact of beating him in the set.

If you want to get off the list, take it up with fmm or mike g, they're the ones who can edit that post. I dont see why it's a big problem to beat him and take it back.

My problem isnt as big as your, but im in the same boat you are.
Look, man. I worked hard as hell to get to that spot. I finally got it from Wes, and it's been given to XIF?

Problem is, every time I've played XIF in tournament except Smashtaclysm Pools I've beaten him. I beat him last Sunday at Waba in brackets, and then proceeded for four stock FullMetal in finals, and won Grand Finals with my CAPTAIN FALCON. I thought for sure after that Sunday that my spot on the list was unquestioned. I've already proven myself in this state by beating you, Alpha, FullMetal, 112, GaWes(Falcon Punched in Grand Finals on Youtube kthx), and many many others. I've already done my part in this consideration for the #1 spot, but I guess a few months of some small tournaments and an all around lack of ability to properly discuss the actual Power Rankings led to this.

I mean, do you seriously not understand how much of an even bigger joke it makes this incredibly laughed at state look like? Worst of all, the damage has been done, so even if it was changed, we'd still be a laughing stock.

'hey XIF, remember that time you moved to Georgia to go to school and became their #1?'

'ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha'

Good job guys. You seriously f*cking suck.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I'll post here what I told Fullmetal (as he is the OP), and then add something more.

To FM: Tournament result threads for tournaments considered need to be linked to in the first post so everyone will know why the rankings are what they are.
Addendum: More tournaments need to be taken into consideration for these power rankings until the new format is implemented.
Also, WABA, as the most recent tournament, should hold some more weight.

That's my opinion, anyways. Take it or leave it.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Could you please take me off that half baked, weak excuse for a list already? I want nothing to do with it.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
chaddd happy bday.don't get so worked up on the list..we need to hang out before fast1 hit me up...this is pb&j by the way..i thought i lgged in

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Since we're under the impression it's a joke list, how about putting me and SleepyK as one person on the list...

TRSleepyKC

see it fits. We can be number 1.5 and we'll do hula hula dances covered in peanut butter to fuse into one man. and that man, is Everlasting Yay. wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom