• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL GA Power Rankings thread- Updated for 6-26-08 (OR ARE THEY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Umm, If you'll look back at my post, you'll see that I was referring only to what I have actually seen myself. So while it may be true that you have stood behind Wes in a match cheering "Go Wes," I never said anywhere that it hasn't happened.

And even if somebody was cheering for OoS against you, so what? It's ok to be friends with and cheer for TN.

Next time I see you playing a match, I'll be sure to root for you as loud as I can, so your feelings don't get hurt.
It's not a question of my feelings be hurt one way or the other. I've never invested anything particularly emotional in this game at any tournament. It's more a question of, in Grand Finals, it's your state's supposed best vs out of state's supposed best. The idea of cheering for the latter just shows that there's much more than ability coming into play. It's become quite clear to me that a lot of people in the state don't like me because I'm arrogant.

But the line between arrogance and confidence is self defined. If a large group of people are too insecure to be as confident in themselves as me, then they shouldn't tell me I'm too arrogant for doing so. If you don't believe in yourself, then no one's going to do it for you. The first step to becoming great at anything is believing you are already. If you let stupid simple social aspects affect your public attitude about yourself, then you've fallen victim to the curse of mediocrity. Having no vocal confidence in yourself in order to fit in is one of the saddest things I've ever heard of. I started this game with the intention of winning. I didn't, honestly, start playing to make friends. Impressing or appealing to a large group of people who believe you shouldn't vocalize your own confidence doesn't interest me in the slightest. Especially when I know over half of you won't even think twice about me once this phase in out lives has past. It's unimportant now, and it will be even more so then. So for right now, like it or not, this attitude has put me where I am now, and that just happens to be at the very top of the state. It's not a coincidence. It's called caring enough about yourself to realize spending your life concerned with what others will think is how you end up working a desk job trying to work your way up to manager for the rest of your life. Mediocrity simply isn't good enough for me, I'm sorry. What others see as arrogance, I simply see as a belief in myself, and if I haven't proven that it works already, then I don't know what else to try and tell you.

imo its the panalists job to pick the right tournaments to mathcraft with, and then use their opinions on tie brakers and thangs
that is panalist job.

btw here is my latest korean honey:

i know you can only barely see them in this picture, but her legs are incredible

edit: legs
You b@stard.

Prac352

Smash Lord
I'm arrogant/confident
Good for you. I agree. You must believe in yourself to get anywhere. What I don't agree with is how you insult and alienate people that don't agree with you.

So keep beating xif's *** but quit hating on the man or the people that vouch for him.

chaddd

Smash Lord
hey chaddd and xif
you guys both think you're better than the other guy, and everyone here on smashboards has read probably a bajillion pages of **** talk between you two
I'd like to state that we never once sh*t talked each other. In fact our first posts were about how we don't have a problem with one another anymore. But alright.

Good for you. I agree. You must believe in yourself to get anywhere. What I don't agree with is how you insult and alienate people that don't agree with you.

So keep beating xif's *** but quit hating on the man or the people that vouch for him.
Dude. I don't alienate people. I alienate douchebags I don't respect. I have never once started un-instigated sh*t talk. Everything all began with the release of my combo video and started from there. And if you don't agree with me, that's fine. I could quite obviously give a sh*t less. I like the people I like and f*ck the people I don't like. Everyone's the exact same way so please stop attempting this condescending advice as though everyone likes you. I mean, you alienate people just by not being that great at this game. And it's the truth. If someone wants to judge me based on how much I cuss at them on a game forum, then it's quite obvious to me that that person is a dumb sh*t and doesn't deserve any of my respect. Amazing people have my respect, douchebags that don't like me because I beat them or sh*t talk them just need to learn that NO ONE is as serious as them about everything. So yeah, I'm better than you. Blunt as it may be, it's a vocalization of my confidence, and the fact that it may be upsetting only reveals your own insecurities. Talk sh*t about yourself all you want, I'll only respond with words. If that's too much for you then you should join some other community that's not so 'mean'. Truthfully I just think you're being a b*tch about this whole thing. What I say is what I say, and like it or not, it's there. B*tching about it means you're wasting both our time. For the last god d@mn time, I'm not here to make friends, I'm not here to impress strangers. I'm here to gain insight on upcoming tournaments and associate with those who are intelligent enough to not judge me based on what I say here. You've proven yourself to NOT be one of those people.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
hmm

@Cactuar: I suppose I glazed over that a bit too fast, I've been out of smash bros a while and haven't ever seen the national scene, so I can see how many of the top ranked national players would obsess over rankings like crazy, but I think there are very few people in Georgia who really care about PR.....but then again maybe I'm wrong?

@Mike G: I guess I am saying that? I never said your job was easy.... :/

@Chaddd: Fair enough. But how about just playing a big set and setting the record straight? Regardless of the talk, it's obvious you both still think you're better than Xif, and he thinks he's better than you. So why not have things like the Chaddd vs. Xif monthlies, where you guys play a big set at some tournament and we all buy cake and ice cream and party hats

@World: Hey let's play smash bros

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
cake and ice cream and... yarmulkes?

let's play smash bros, forreal.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Chaddd I was joking about theGAwes thing, I just miss him. Nothing agasint Xif but IMO (dont hate me Xif LOL) I actually wanted you on 1st.Between you and Xif I think you're the better payer but again, that's just my opinon and it doesn't matter in the PRs but me aswell as the other panelist were counting the tourneys and making it as unbiased as possible. Xif has shown he has done very well at tourneys and not just at recent ones either. And Fullmetal wanted u first too. I just wish he didnt have to pressure you about ur spot at Waba :/

That's not how it went down. >.>

Prac352

Smash Lord
I'd like to state that we never once sh*t talked each other. In fact our first posts were about how we don't have a problem with one another anymore. But alright.

Dude. I don't alienate people. I alienate douchebags I don't respect. I have never once started un-instigated sh*t talk. Everything all began with the release of my combo video and started from there. And if you don't agree with me, that's fine. I could quite obviously give a sh*t less. I like the people I like and f*ck the people I don't like. Everyone's the exact same way so please stop attempting this condescending advice as though everyone likes you. I mean, you alienate people just by not being that great at this game. And it's the truth. If someone wants to judge me based on how much I cuss at them on a game forum, then it's quite obvious to me that that person is a dumb sh*t and doesn't deserve any of my respect. Amazing people have my respect, douchebags that don't like me because I beat them or sh*t talk them just need to learn that NO ONE is as serious as them about everything. So yeah, I'm better than you. Blunt as it may be, it's a vocalization of my confidence, and the fact that it may be upsetting only reveals your own insecurities. Talk sh*t about yourself all you want, I'll only respond with words. If that's too much for you then you should join some other community that's not so 'mean'. Truthfully I just think you're being a b*tch about this whole thing. What I say is what I say, and like it or not, it's there. B*tching about it means you're wasting both our time. For the last god d@mn time, I'm not here to make friends, I'm not here to impress strangers. I'm here to gain insight on upcoming tournaments and associate with those who are intelligent enough to not judge me based on what I say here. You've proven yourself to NOT be one of those people.
That's the most hypocritical post I've ever seen. I have never judged you as a person by how you've played this game or vice versa. I've never disliked a person because they've beaten me. And unless I have wronged you in some way, I can't imagine why you would disrespect me or consider me a douchebag. Unless it's just because we disagree, or you judge me unfairly.

SleepyK

Hey tong, are you and elliot still at tech?

Or, are you at your homes now?

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Im in love with a stripper, she freaky she lickin she rubbin...And Im gonna stop there >_>;

Dont take this as *** kissing, but I rooted for Chaddd @ G4S5. Especially because were from the same state and my main was Ganon at the time.

I rooted for no one @ VLS because I didnt really know either of you.

I rooted for Xif at the most recent Waba tournament, I know him better now, and I still dont really know Chaddd.

I think that people shouldnt be forced to take sides in these kinds of things. Root for your friends but don't be gay and root against your #1 at the time player for a f*cking mewtwo.

Pancakes...B1tches.

Also: Good **** on making top ten Josh. Be the next Mang0 dawgdizzle.

SleepyK

wtf, mrs mcdonald lives in duluth?

well, marsfool, there's a reason you can't spell.

I'm surprised you larned to read.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i admit i was playing friendlies w/ ihsb during finals of g4s5 so i wasn't rooting for anyone LOL

i am @ tech
elliot is @ home being a truant

summer is no excuse for skipping school

chaddd

Smash Lord
That's the most hypocritical post I've ever seen. I have never judged you as a person by how you've played this game or vice versa. I've never disliked a person because they've beaten me. And unless I have wronged you in some way, I can't imagine why you would disrespect me or consider me a douchebag. Unless it's just because we disagree, or you judge me unfairly.
No, Crap, it's because you're a douchebag. You've taken every opportunity to explain to me why you think something I've done is wrong. The mini-mod morals police. I'd appreciate it if you could just stop pretending like your word is worth anything at all.

An hypocrisy doesn't even come into play. If you suck at this game, you don't have my respect when it comes to this game. And it's funny. Because Bobby and Wes were the same way. That's actually the motivation that got me to start playing. See, because I'm not a little b*tch about it. Matter of fact, that's the way all top players are. Chillindude and ChuDat pretty much thought I was a nobody douchebag until I beat them. You're general capabilities in life are usually directly reflected through your competence to learn this game, so it's the only way to filter the truly gifted (FullMetal, Cornel, I'veJihadIt, Alpha), from spiteful little sh*ts like yourself who can't do anything but b*tch at the people who win.

As Wes would put it, quit f*cking crying about everything. If it bothers you so much, write a journal entry about it or something. Get off my nuts already about what I do that you don't approve of. I also smoke and drink occasionally at parties. Gonna flame war with me for that too? Just shut up. Please for the love of god just shut up.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
ga ftw well i like chad's i dont give a **** attiude but i also like xif cuz he is like one of my idols as a peach main myself,
however if chad said he most recently beaten xif 2-0 or what have you in a tourny would that not make him #1? despite how he place assuming he placed high as usual we know he beats everyone else in ga that makes him #1 right just my two cent

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i would like to make a motion for the division of atlantic south into 18+ and 17-and-under categories

it would be great

mod G back me up here

edit: yeah sure sleepy k ask elliot about my plan

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL Tong that would be awesome haha!

Alright this is turning into another useless flame War over BS.

Any Further Discussion here is over and the panalist's decision ARE FINAL!

Chaddd -"As Wes would put it, quit f*cking crying about everything"

yes Chaddd, you er ... Wes is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom