• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official FL Power Rankings (top 10) as of 10/04/07!!!

AfroQT

Smash Master
Yeah brawl takes no skill at all, zero. Absolutely none its COMPLETELY RANDOM. The reason i've never placed below Top 5 is cuz im just lucky. No skill involved, at all. Just luck. I mean i literally start up brawl and roll a dice to determine the winner. No joke man.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I always notice it's the people that aren't even placing in Brawl tournaments that will be the first people to attest to Brawl's simplicity. Someone please explain this to me. If the game is so easy, then why aren't you winning tournaments, too? Why is it generally the same handful of people coming out on top when it's all said and done instead of some random kid who plays level 9 computers in his moms basement that's stopping by to take the pot? Why aren't I winning tournaments yet?

Also Matt, you make me lol so hard.

Finch

Smash Lord
I always notice it's the people that aren't even placing in Brawl tournaments that will be the first people to attest to Brawl's simplicity. Someone please explain this to me. If the game is so easy, then why aren't you winning tournaments, too? Why is it generally the same handful of people coming out on top when it's all said and done instead of some random kid who plays level 9 computers in his moms basement that's stopping by to take the pot? Why aren't I winning tournaments yet?

Also Matt, you make me lol so hard.
Brawl takes no technical skill (except for ice climbers). It's just who's better at spot dodging. The people who attest to brawl simplicity are the people who would completely **** you in melee, a game which takes more mindgames and technical skill than brawl. People who champion melee aren't placing in brawl tournaments because they aren't the best at smash, or they just don't play brawl that much because it's boring to them. No johns, they aren't good at brawl. They're just better at melee.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Hold A (those super lightning fast jabs you can do by holding A with most characters) ***** spot dodging. Your plan is foiled, guess i win that match.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Brawl takes no technical skill (except for ice climbers). It's just who's better at spot dodging. The people who attest to brawl simplicity are the people who would completely **** you in melee, a game which takes more mindgames and technical skill than brawl. People who champion melee aren't placing in brawl tournaments because they aren't the best at smash, or they just don't play brawl that much because it's boring to them. No johns, they aren't good at brawl. They're just better at melee.
Trufax. I never played Melee at all.

Also, clearly, and would much rather spend their time making sure everyone is aware of the last fact mentioned in your post on the forums, than do anything else.

"Hey, hey guys, hey listen. I'm good at Melee at least. Remember? Hey, are you paying attention? Brawl sucks Melee forever. Hey, are you reading? I'm good at Melee guys"

**** sux.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
Melee and brawl both takes skills. saying that pros are not opwning brawl tourneys is wrong lol. pc crhis cort and bum would whoop fl without lifting a finger in brawl.

theres going to be consistency pretty sooon anyway. pretty sure afro is gonna start getting top 3 from now on

Finch

Smash Lord
Trufax. I never played Melee at all.

Also, clearly, and would much rather spend their time making sure everyone is aware of the last fact mentioned in your post on the forums, than do anything else.

"Hey, hey guys, hey listen. I'm good at Melee at least. Remember? Hey, are you paying attention? Brawl sucks Melee forever. Hey, are you reading? I'm good at Melee guys"

**** sux.
Yeah, I'm not good at melee. People that were good at melee are also winning brawl tournaments, as chops said.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I wonder how many threads the same argument is taking place in. People always have to argue against other peoples opinions as if they could say anything that would change someone elses thoughts on either game. I argue my opinion, the way I feel, by what I've seen. I'm not trying to say anyone else should agree/disagree with me, or give reasons as to why my opinion is right or valid. For all intensive purposes, it's not either. Just how I feel, just like the rest of you.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Melee and brawl both takes skills. saying that pros are not opwning brawl tourneys is wrong lol. pc crhis cort and bum would whoop fl without lifting a finger in brawl.

theres going to be consistency pretty sooon anyway. pretty sure afro is gonna start getting top 3 from now on
No man im not consistent im just lucky this game requires no skill at all its literally just Snake/MK. Snake is UNBEATABLE ever, even though i've beaten snake players as other characters its IMPOSSIBLE to beat snake. EVER

EVERRRRRRRRR HES THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
No man im not consistent im just lucky this game requires no skill at all its literally just Snake/MK. Snake is UNBEATABLE ever, even though i've beaten snake players as other characters its IMPOSSIBLE to beat snake. EVER

EVERRRRRRRRR HES THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.
Snake vs. Snake.
What happens!?!?!

TIME PARADOX DIVIDE BY 0 THE WORLD EXPLODES.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Its character choices

thats why we dont win
I could easily pick up meta snake d3 but i dont because i dont like them and im not desperate to win. I dont care about winning I never have, i play link in melee, thats what link does, lose.

I play the game to have fun and I was havin fun with toon link now im not so im gonna start playin ganon. Which will probably never win a tourney, I know that and i dont care.

any melee vet will laugh at what brawlers consider skill

Brawl requires skill but Melee requires skillz

this isnt a brawl sucks post its more of a
im explaining why we dont win post

most of the people on the brawl power rankings are there simply because they know how to play a character well and the character is good overall.

I think someone like force is actually good
he plays a HORRIBLE character learns all kinds of **** with him and still does well.
I dont see the big deal with anyone else.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I like how you ninja'd D3 into being one of the top 3 characters. I bet if i mained Yoshi and still beat people Yoshi would be on the overpowered list, along with Snake/MK and NOW D3.

Zoro

Smash Champion
and having d3 being overpowered or not doesnt mean anything.

Its still character choices

AfroQT

Smash Master
I know its all ch aracter choices no skill at all, the game is decided by character instantly. You pick a character then a stage, then 1 sec later the game determines a winner.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
This game is significantly less balanced than Melee, I will agree there. Some characters in this game have a far smaller chance of winning a tourney than Pichu or Kirby in Melee ever did.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You were banned because you continuously harassed a member, which has been stated, as bannable. You were banned just now because alternate accounts are automatically bannable.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I know its all ch aracter choices no skill at all, the game is decided by character instantly. You pick a character then a stage, then 1 sec later the game determines a winner.
Have you played a donkey kong with D3?

That kind of **** was unthinkable in melee

Its not 1 sec later ur winner

its like 5 minutes later you have a 98% chance of winning

of course there is skill

but if you put out 20% of your powah and ur opponent uses 100% of theirs
you still have an advantage because your character is better.

For example Game n watch vs ganon IS HARD
everything ****in hits him he can back air him all day and win
i have to try everything just to keep up.

BrawlRoolz

Smash Cadet
Zoro, you're an idiot.

"I play for fun".

Well good, then don't pay money to play in tournaments.

You sucked in Melee now you suck in Brawl.

You play Toon Link who is like top 10.

Get over it.

Play with someone other than your girlfriend and maybe you'll get somewhere.

Don't degrade people because you fail.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Zoro, you're an idiot.

"I play for fun".

Well good, then don't pay money to play in tournaments.

You sucked in Melee now you suck in Brawl.

You play Toon Link who is like top 10.

Get over it.

Play with someone other than your girlfriend and maybe you'll get somewhere.

Don't degrade people because you fail.
omg lol
I play ganon foo

who is this seriously?
I suck in melee? I suck in brawl?

MM me

AfroQT

Smash Master
Have you played a donkey kong with D3?

That kind of **** was unthinkable in melee

Its not 1 sec later ur winner

its like 5 minutes later you have a 98% chance of winning

of course there is skill

but if you put out 20% of your powah and ur opponent uses 100% of theirs
you still have an advantage because your character is better.

For example Game n watch vs ganon IS HARD
everything ****in hits him he can back air him all day and win
i have to try everything just to keep up.
Yeah man cuz theres absolutely ZERO CHAIN GRABS in melee AMIRITE? HUH? ZERO NONE, NO CHAIN GRABS EVER. That post was just...rofl...wow.

I've fought Ryan Sparks as D3 and he just lives with the chain grab, he just plays around not getting grabbed.

sexual predator

Smash Rookie
zoro your an idiot. stop playing melee or brawl if your just gonna jon about losing pick up snake or mk scrub. "I play for fun" get out of here with that garbage

BrawlRoolz

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying I'm good lololol.

I'm new to these forums, but I've been around the block and to tourneys.

Don't try and change the subject either.

You fail at both games, and you make it out like because you play a crappy character, you're skilled and becuase someone plays a good character they won becuase they spam up b.

GTFO scrub.

I thought you were chill.

And you shouldn't blindly MM people.

For all you know I could be Ken.

sexual predator

Smash Rookie
Lololol zoro quit brawl for real bro. your not good if you use a character thats not snake and lose to them then jon that they spam b.

BrawlRoolz

Smash Cadet
LOL.

Zoro I didn't think you we're a scrub.

I use DDD and I can't win tourneys.

Does that mean I should kill myself?

Top Bottom