• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Final Fantasy Rep for Brawl

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Yeah i wasnt making my post clear. I was trying to look for examples of 'more ff 7 whoring'.
I talking about FF characters in relation to them games, not Disney, i didn't mention Disney characters at all.
Oh, okay.

Either way, I don't think Cloud will make it, thanks to his complete lack of a viable connection to Nintendo. It's the same force keeping out folks like Klonoa and other people who only appeared on obscure/widely disliked GBA games.

Zian

Smash Cadet
Ok Ok I'm switching my vote to Gogo. He is the craziest looking FF6 character and his move list could be taken from any of the VI characters cause of Mimic, and for those of you who don't know FF, thats a shload of characters he can borrow moves from. Someone who is better at making a movelist work on that. haha.

Anyways to settle this crap. BTW I have beaten every core FFgame from I-XII.

Cloud = Squall. PERIOD. Those 2 games showed that lighting can strike in the same place twice. Those characters are gods crushing any mario or link with in-depth character development. They hold a special place in gaming history and if they were both placed in this game...It would explode. haha enough said.

Cless

Smash Champion
But Mario and Link aren't there for character development...

Besides, Mario holds a higher place in gaming history than Final Fantasy.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
lol i can't believe that chain of memories was meentioned so many times and no one thought that Sora might be the one to rep square-enix... not only is he popular but fits all nintendo criteria... my vote is on Sora... plus he would have many move to choose from, from all of his games plus a sick fs, yes he'd be another swordsman but he'd fit much better than cloud or squall

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
lol i can't believe that chain of memories was meentioned so many times and no one thought that Sora might be the one to rep square-enix... not only is he popular but fits all nintendo criteria... my vote is on Sora... plus he would have many move to choose from, from all of his games plus a sick fs, yes he'd be another swordsman but he'd fit much better than cloud or squall
Maybe because he's NOT A FINAL FANTASY CHARACTER and SHOULDN'T BE MENTIONED IN A FINAL FANTASY THREAD, maybe

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
maybe.. i see your point there... but still he does hold more validity than either of them but ill stop spamming this page then later

Stado

Smash Apprentice
... Am I the only person that remembers that people from Square Enix have been quoted in saying that if they were approached by Sakurai for the potential to include a third party character from the company's Nintendo related repertoire, that it wouldn't be from the Final Fantasy series? 'Cause yeah... I do.

But just to humor you all, if there was a Final Fantasy character to be included in Brawl, Black Mage would easily make the most sense of any character possible. If I need to explain my reasons, then, well, you're not very bright. Or, at least, ill-informed, or of bad taste. Cloud has absolutely no chance (i.e. 0%; 0/100), of which I'm glad. And while Mog is my favourite FFVI character (which is also my favourite Final Fantasy), his chances don't come anywhere close to Black Mage's. Not that I'd want to see him in Brawl, anyhow. 'Cause I wouldn't.

Zian

Smash Cadet
You are so smart Stado. Question, where is this quote?

P.S. Good luck with Ashley being in brawl, she has got a real good shot.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Cecil Harvey(in his Dark Knight form) should be in Brawl

His Standard Special would be Soul Eater. Where he shoots a blast from his blade that adds % to you but allot more % to your foe.
His side Special Should be Double Hander.
His Up Special should be Jump. Where he jumps up then does a downward thrust to the ground.
and His Down Special should be Bonecrusher.

I haven't though much of what his down and side special do though.

vesperview

Smash Hero
... Am I the only person that remembers that people from Square Enix have been quoted in saying that if they were approached by Sakurai for the potential to include a third party character from the company's Nintendo related repertoire, that it wouldn't be from the Final Fantasy series? 'Cause yeah... I do.
Please, that's what everyone says, yet never provide a link for it.

But just to humor you all, if there was a Final Fantasy character to be included in Brawl, Black Mage would easily make the most sense of any character possible. If I need to explain my reasons, then, well, you're not very bright. Or, at least, ill-informed, or of bad taste.
What reasons could you possibly have that justify wanting a generic Black Mage in Brawl, when the Final Fantasy series could offer so much more than that?

Cloud has absolutely no chance (i.e. 0%; 0/100).
Just because you say so?

And while Mog is my favourite FFVI character (which is also my favourite Final Fantasy), his chances don't come anywhere close to Black Mage's.
Again more made up crap, Black Mage is far from having a good chance.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
My real suggestion for a FF character would be Terra, she kick arse, and would continue to do so in brawl, i think her chances are like slim to none to getting in but i think she would be a cool add, brawl needs more magical people anyway, Zeldas getting lonely

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wish quistis had been on an nintendo game :(. I liked her character in ff8 and a whip fighter would definitly be unique.

I think the only square characters with a chance is Geno and Sora.

Stado

Smash Apprentice
Just to clarify, I, personally, wouldn't want any Final Fantasy character in Brawl. It's just that, compared to anyone else, I believe that Black Mage (i.e. the guy from the first Final Fantasy), not just some generic black mage, has the best chance of any other Final Fantasy character. Which is not to say his chances are even 40%+.

Cloud has no chance because he wouldn't even be considered for Smash Bros. Ever. Period. At least, not as long as Sakurai is in charge of its development. I don't wish to be rude, but how anyone could possibly think he has any chance, whatsoever, is rather laughable.

As for a link to where I read the quote about Square Enix saying they'd rather see a character from a different game/series of theirs than Final Fantasy, I read it on the Brawl article on Wikipedia. And yes, I'm aware that Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source when it comes to such information (or any information), but I do recall reading the actual quote via the references on the article. Which is why I've checked back there, and it seems that the quote and its reference are both no longer there (it used to be under the "Inclusion of characters" part). As such, it can only be deemed that the quote and what it was referencing was, and is, unreliable. Sorry to have brought it up.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
If Square Enix added a character to Smash Bros Brawl, wouldn't it be Geno or Mallow? Considering that they are "Nintendo/Mario" characters and this IS a Nintendo action/fighting game.. It isn't that I have anything against Final Fantasy characters, I love the series, just saying that how likely is a Final Fantasy character in general? I mean, ok, so Geno and Mallow are nobody characters.. fair enough. However, it wouldn't make a lot of logical sense if Square Enix passed up Geno and/or Mallow to add a Final Fantasy character. Geno and Mallow are symbolic and were main protagonists in a game that is important to Nintendo's history. I won't get into detail as to why I believe Geno and/or Mallow should be playable, but its just a thought guys.

But if Final Fantasy character DID end up getting into Brawl.. hmm.. I would want.. Cloud (ok, I'm generic.. I know..) and maybe.. Auron (FFX).

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
isn't Geno considered first party? If that were the case, then idk. ^_^ I hope neither of those are playable. That is if they take a Square Enix spot.

Zorya

Smash Ace
If Square Enix added a character to Smash Bros Brawl, wouldn't it be Geno or Mallow? Considering that they are "Nintendo/Mario" characters and this IS a Nintendo action/fighting game.. It isn't that I have anything against Final Fantasy characters, I love the series, just saying that how likely is a Final Fantasy character in general? I mean, ok, so Geno and Mallow are nobody characters.. fair enough. However, it wouldn't make a lot of logical sense if Square Enix passed up Geno and/or Mallow to add a Final Fantasy character. Geno and Mallow are symbolic and were main protagonists in a game that is important to Nintendo's history. I won't get into detail as to why I believe Geno and/or Mallow should be playable, but its just a thought guys.

But if Final Fantasy character DID end up getting into Brawl.. hmm.. I would want.. Cloud (ok, I'm generic.. I know..) and maybe.. Auron (FFX).
The bit about choosing nintendo/square characters makes sense, but yeah Sakurai would most definitely choose someone more famous (Cloud or Squall) instead of Geno, who is wack, and Mog for other obvious reasons.

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice

Why would Square pass up a Final Fantasy character to give them Geno? a character that represents absolutely nothing to Square anymore, is stupid to think Geno would be the first option if Square Enix wasn't given at least a representative that wasn't a second party, it's like having Nintendo tell them "Your characters are not good enough, just give us the Mario character you made over ten years ago", is a slap in the face.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Why would Square pass up a Final Fantasy character to give them Geno? a character that represents absolutely nothing to Square anymore, is stupid to think Geno would be the first option if Square Enix wasn't given at least a representative that wasn't a second party, it's like having Nintendo tell them "Your characters are not good enough, just give us the Mario character you made over ten years ago", is a slap in the face.
lol yeah, imagine Cloud or Squall (biased for Squall more). They would totally pwn! "Geno? no, just no. Why? no. Shut up, leave, hideous choice you oughta be ashamed!!!":mad:

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
lol yeah, imagine Cloud or Squall (biased for Squall more). They would totally pwn! "Geno? no, just no. Why? no. Shut up, leave, hideous choice you oughta be ashamed!!!":mad:
Cloud and Squall are stupid and neither deserve to be in Brawl. Geno(and Cecil and Crono IMO) are really the only ones that deserve to be in Brawl.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I must've missed the part where that made them had zero chance, GTFO, idiot.
why don't you go **** yourself.

Anyway Mogrika's retardance aside Cecil would be the perfect FF character to put on Brawl...if Geno wasn't already(most likely) getting in.

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
why don't you go **** yourself.

Anyway Mogrika's retardance aside Cecil would be the perfect FF character to put on Brawl...if Geno wasn't already(most likely) getting in.
Is that your best defense? "I think KH for the GBA sucks, so that's why I think Cloud and Squall have zero chance" stop being a ****ing idiot, those cameos are enough to give them the benefit of the doubt, unless you're a complete moron.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Cloud and Squall are stupid and neither deserve to be in Brawl. Geno(and Cecil and Crono IMO) are really the only ones that deserve to be in Brawl.
Cecil, Crono are you pulling my leg kid? Hmmmmmmm??? Crono doesn't deserve anything to be quite honest, and 'you know what really grinds my gears??' Cecil...Cecil does. So slap yourself in the face, gouge your eye out, call your aunt in Vegas, and suggest some more deserving characters. IMHO, Cloud and Squall are way more deserving than a fake goku look-alike and.....ew.....Cecil. I highly believe SSBB isnt gettin a Square rep anyways.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Man you guys are stupid aren't you?

So you want a stupid emo with a giant sword or a *** with a gunblade to be in?
Wow...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Cecil, Crono are you pulling my leg kid? Hmmmmmmm??? Crono doesn't deserve anything to be quite honest, and 'you know what really grinds my gears??' Cecil...Cecil does. So slap yourself in the face, gouge your eye out, call your aunt in Vegas, and suggest some more deserving characters. IMHO, Cloud and Squall are way more deserving than a fake goku look-alike and.....ew.....Cecil. I highly believe SSBB isnt gettin a Square rep anyways.
Wait, umm, what? Cecil and Crono are more deserving than Cloud and Squall ever will be. (Unless of course, they at least port their games to a Nintendo system someday.)

If you want a newer rep there's always Vaan who just got a game on the DS. But I'm all Terra/Cecil for now.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Wait, umm, what? Cecil and Crono are more deserving than Cloud and Squall ever will be. (Unless of course, they at least port their games to a Nintendo system someday.)

If you want a newer rep there's always Vaan who just got a game on the DS. But I'm all Terra/Cecil for now.
Nope. wrong. I'm pretty sure ppl remember Cloud and Squall's contributions moreso than Cecil or Crono. Hate to break it to ya, hey I'll make it up to you. How bout I take you out for ice cream? I'll pay??

woooops. *out*

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Nope. wrong. I'm pretty sure ppl remember Cloud and Squall's contributions moreso than Cecil or Crono. Hate to break it to ya, hey I'll make it up to you. How bout I take you out for ice cream? I'll pay??

woooops. *out*
But you should consider their contributions to Nintendo mainly. If Cloud gets a game on a Nintendo system I won't have a beef with him getting in, at all. I still wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't feel cheated out. Same with Squall.

I do like ice cream though.

Stado

Smash Apprentice
See... the thing is, both Crono and Cecil are more "deserving" than Squall and Cloud, in terms of their inclusion in Brawl. Or, rather, they're far more likely, seeing as neither Cloud nor Squall have contributed to Nintendo's history. Cloud's cameo in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories means, quite literally, nothing to Nintendo or Sakurai. In reality, were they to include Cloud in Brawl, they would be, for all intents and purposes, glamourizing Final Fantasy's success on the Sony Playstation. Which, I'm sure you're all aware, isn't something Nintendo is in the business of doing.

Anyhow, more on topic, were I to actually want a Final Fantasy character in Brawl, it would probably be Mog. Or Terra. It's hard to say. Both Kefka and/or Ultros would also make pretty cool bosses in SSE, too.

Top Bottom