• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Final Fantasy Rep for Brawl

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I'm kind of partial to Edge from FF4 as opposed to Shadow, but that's because I never finished FF6...

But really, I would like Black Mage the most. For one thing, it wouldn't be his first time appearing alongside Mario(Mario Hoops 3-on-3 ftw!), and Vivi is my overall favorite FF character, no doubt about it.

LucasownsNess

Smash Rookie
If we got Cloud I would be disgusted.
Another Character with a Lame and terrible Final Slash.
Link, Ike and Meta-Knight have terribe final smashes.
Link owes lame-*** Cloud big time for using Omnislash and not Bombos from Zelda 3.(Don't give crap like "Well he's the TP Link!" Because if this TP Zelda becomes Shiek then your arguement is flawed.)

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
If we wanted to stick to FF only on nintendo, then I'd love Kefka from FFVI. This would be the most awsome thing in the world and his taunt would be the best. You could have a stage called Kefka's Tower or The Floating Continent. His FS could be his Light of Judgement.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
but the main characters just would'nt fit as well as mog.

%_&
WRONG, a main character ALWAYS gets in before a side character. and what you said is purely opinion, just like I think black mage fits better than mog. oh, guess what, he was a main character in a FF game too!
WHY?

are you somekind of intelligent purist!??!

the age of FF+BRAWL=FAILURE!!!!!!!!
fixed it for ya, FF should not cross with brawl, just like halo shouldnt mix with brawl. but if anyone from FF gets in it would be, cloud, Black mage, terra, kefka, or someone like these people.
mog mog mog mog mog mog mog
mog mog

KUUUUPPPOOOO!!!

i think im cool cause i use the worlds "I WIN", "FAIL", and "KUPO"!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Guess who I am?

To make this not spam, I personally would prefer Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI. I have always liked her.
QFT

platnum

Smash Lord
mog mog mog mog mog mog mog
mog mog

KUUUUPPPOOOO!!!

i think im cool cause i use the worlds "I WIN", "FAIL", and "KUPO"!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Guess who I am?

To make this not spam, I personally would prefer Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI. I have always liked her.
normaly i would go crazy and call you a troll and tell you to stop but that made me lol rofl and lmao.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Gau 4 teh Brawl!

I'm not too keen on Final Fantasy being in SSBB they just seem like they'd be out of place.

However if they do pick a rep I think someone from 4 or 6 would be best. I personally think Gau could be pretty cool >.>.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I dare say if there was a FF character it would be a generic character like blackmage or ninja or maybe a chocobo I think Terra would be neat and as much as I hate Cloud putting him in would be pretty epic.

Cless

Smash Champion
It wouldn't be epic. It'd be more FF7 whoring.

edit: ***** eh, worth a shot.

Well, Yuna, Rikku, and Tifa wouldn't be in this game.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Squall Leonhart. Okay, everybody stop now because THAT was the ultimate suggestion for a FF rep.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Wow, what did Sakurai say about popularity again? I can't seem to remember.

Zorya

Smash Ace
So what makes Squall better anyway? a Gunblade?

Third parties HAVE to be popular to be in Brawl, it is highly unlikely that he would be going for minor characters in that department, it's ridiculous.

It may be ridiculous, but its very stupid.

Anyway, I still say Squall>Cloud anyday of the Gregorian calendar week.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Cloud's the most popular, but if there's a FF rep, I SERIOUSLY doubt it'll be Cloud. Why? Because he's absolutely worthless to Nintendo.

Look at the 3rd party characters so far: Snake started on the NES and starred in two games there, and Kojima is good friends with Sakurai and Miyamoto. Sonic was Nintendo's only true rival for many, many years, and after a while, made his home primarily on Nintendo consoles. What did Cloud have? A cameo on a much-maligned spinoff of a series by TWO SEPARATE THIRD PARTIES.

Not to mention that despite the magic/materia/summons (Which aren't even Cloud's primary form of offense), at the end of the day, Cloud would just be another swordsman. And Nintendo has plenty of those to not blow a bunch of money on another one. I mean, three perfectly good characters were AT'd just because they couldn't offer anything new to the gameplay, and really, could Cloud?

Cloud being in the game would be the ultimate proof of Sakurai selling out.

Now, since Geno is probably not going to be counted as a Square rep if he makes it, AND the new "There's going to be more 3rd party characters" rumor, I'd say that a FF character isn't out of the question. I'm not terribly familiar with the SNES FF's (I grew up on the Genesis), so I'll let the rest of y'all decide who'd be the best bet. I'm just pretty sure that if we do see a FF character, it'll be one of the older guys. You know, ones that actually MEAN something to Nintendo.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
lol wut?

It wouldn't be epic. It'd be more FF7 whoring.

edit: ***** eh, worth a shot.

Well, Yuna, Rikku, and Tifa wouldn't be in this game.
Examples of FF7 'whoring'?

Afaik, Final Fantasy 7 characters (and by that you mean Cloud of course) appeared in Kingdom Hearts 1 , 2 and CoM, and correct me if i'm wrong, all of those titles are first party.

Hey, if you want to use a derogotory comment based upon the idea of Nintendo making a smart move, possibly increasing their sales two fold, go ahead and enjoy your one sided point of view, but such a move would work great for both the consumer and Nintendo.

It might even trick people into thinking that Nintendo give a crap about consumer oppinion (they really dont, they want our money, they're a corpotation and i dont blame them).

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman

Afaik, Final Fantasy 7 characters (and by that you mean Cloud of course) appeared in Kingdom Hearts 1 , 2 and CoM, and correct me if i'm wrong, all of those titles are first party.

Hey, if you want to use a derogotory comment based upon the idea of Nintendo making a smart move, possibly increasing their sales two fold, go ahead and enjoy your one sided point of view, but such a move would work great for both the consumer and Nintendo.

It might even trick people into thinking that Nintendo give a crap about consumer oppinion (they really dont, they want our money, they're a corpotation and i dont blame them).
NONE of those are 1st party...

Neither Disney NOT Square-Enix are first party...

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.

LOL WUT?

Please tell me you're not saying they're 1st party to Nintendo. KH is a joint project between TWO parties, neither of which are Nintendo.

And if you mean Square, you're wrong again. Everyone in the game that ISN'T a Final Fantasy character belongs to Disney.

Cless

Smash Champion

Oh my god, did you not notice the vast amounts of FF7 sequels and prequels that have been produced in the past few years?

Besides, why would they put Cloud, which would do nothing for upcoming Nintendo games, when they could put Cecil or something. Everyone who owns a Wii is going to buy this game anyway.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
LOL WUT?

Please tell me you're not saying they're 1st party to Nintendo. KH is a joint project between TWO parties, neither of which are Nintendo.

And if you mean Square, you're wrong again. Everyone in the game that ISN'T a Final Fantasy character belongs to Disney.
Yeah i wasnt making my post clear. I was trying to look for examples of 'more ff 7 whoring'.
I talking about FF characters in relation to them games, not Disney, i didn't mention Disney characters at all.

Top Bottom