• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Final Fantasy Rep for Brawl

Cless

Smash Champion
I can't bring myself to play XII. It looks too much like XI and I would not like it if FF went that way for the rest of their games.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
I think someone from Final Fantasywill be playable but from a Final Fantasy game that comes out about the same time as brawl

NukeA6

Smash Master
I can't bring myself to play XII. It looks too much like XI and I would not like it if FF went that way for the rest of their games.
I got iffy with its new system but after a while, I thought it was the best RPG of the year.

Cless

Smash Champion
Like, I'm not saying that XII is a bad game. It's just that I played XI. Enough to know the basic ins and outs of the game, and XII seemed like some unholy fusion of X and XI to me. That aspect turns me off to the game.

Cless

Smash Champion
I'd like it a lot more if it was free or cheaper. Too much money per month for me. Though to be fair to the game, if you are going to take it seriously, you need to put the time into it (which is the case for most mmos), so the $15 might not seem like so much when compared with hours played. That's why I liked PSO a lot. It was free and had a very pick up and play style.

I liked the whole aspect of the game, but I don't want it seeping into other FF titles. It really should have been called FF Online.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Agreed. Final Fantasy XI's title always bothered me. They just couldn't call it FFO, *rolleyes*

In a few years, two of Square's main Final Fantasy games are going to be Final Fantasy XVIII and Final Fantasy XI.

On characters: What about someone from Crytal Chronicles? The games are not as bad as some people make them out to be, and I do enjoy them, but I just can't see anyone from that game joining up.

vesperview

Smash Hero
On characters: What about someone from Crytal Chronicles? The games are not as bad as some people make them out to be, and I do enjoy them, but I just can't see anyone from that game joining up.
I don't like the fact that they're all generic tribes, a game with a plot that didn't have you running in circles to fill your bucket or whatever it was called would've been much better, I don't think it is that popular either way and it's the worst spin off series IMO.

Cless

Smash Champion
I like the Crystal Chronicle games too, but I mean, there's just no one really important in the game. You play an any character and go do stuff. I don't like the idea of playing random character from any game. I like named people.

Cless

Smash Champion
I didn't like the whole draw system. Actually, it wouldn't have been so bad if the junction system wasn't there or if it worked differently. Casting spells effectively made your stats worse. Also, basing all the monsters' levels off of Squall was a dumb idea.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
I didn't like the whole draw system. Actually, it wouldn't have been so bad if the junction system wasn't there or if it worked differently. Casting spells effectively made your stats worse. Also, basing all the monsters' levels off of Squall was a dumb idea.
...most people that made use of the junction system didn't need to use spells in the first place

Cless

Smash Champion
But I like casting spells. It's Final Fantasy. Spells are supposed to be a major part of damaging the opponent. I don't want to have tons of magic just so I can't use it.

Top Bottom