• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Fan Custom Colors Thread

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Sigh. I guess the creativity of this forum has all but drained. Everyone who's posting is just applying lame filters to the characters and not doing anything creative. What happened to "recolor"?
It's turned into a place where all the photoshop n00bs can impress their "What's Photoshop?" buddies on the forum without having to do much work.

And I really hate to think that I started it with my "Kirby sneezing" picture. :(

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Cubelarooso, you think applying a filter to an image is no less creative, than, say, that ^?
Nah, it's just that I come from the world of spriters, where recolors can be easily made in Paint, and seeing them called creative and people complaining about others not doing them is just a complete reversal for me.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Making a recolor of these pictures actually implies a bit of work (not much, but it still takes some effort). Applying a filter is but a simple click. And it often sucks.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman

Sorry those who wanted a black, evil kirby but kirby just doesn't do black... if someone else wants to give it a try please do.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I'd like to see some Sonic palette swaps.

EDIT:

Thanks.

A mistake of mine, I posted before reading the whole topic. I only read the first few pages, which didn't have any Sonic pallette swaps. This topic is pretty amazing, keep it up.

Lord SeBz

Smash Journeyman

ICs made by me, added snow.

Note: it´s not that good, there are still traces of blue on PoPo : /

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Um... Actually I'm pretty sure it has to do with the way you recolored it, because it's that exact spot in the original that is partially affected by the cyan chunk of colors in addition to the blues... If you recolored as a master, it would have stayed the same amount off in hue degrees. ;)

And mine is a Sonia recolor, not an Espio recolor.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Could anyone do Metaknight's Evil/Darn Recoloring...I can't seem to find one in this thread...you know it is when he has red eyes...

Kirby Superstar

Smash Apprentice
Okay one more kirby after this...

PS: yeah sorry about all that white. I found right size... lol i just find CS2 lying around on my comp and im like... hey.. THIS L00ckz liek funn!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
can someone do an IC recolor where Popo has a black parka with white...fluffy stuff and Nana has a white parka with....black fluffy stuff.....and their hammers are made of ice....

Kirby Superstar

Smash Apprentice
*Looks at all the sonic recolors*

All these colors have already been done thousands of times on this thread!!!
Not trying to be mean I'm just saying that we don't need any more sonic reacolors

not enough sonics?!?! m'kay...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
can someone do an IC recolor where Popo has a black parka with white...fluffy stuff and Nana has a white parka with....black fluffy stuff.....

and if you'd like...hammers made of ice...

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Um... Actually I'm pretty sure it has to do with the way you recolored it, because it's that exact spot in the original that is partially affected by the cyan chunk of colors in addition to the blues... If you recolored as a master, it would have stayed the same amount off in hue degrees. ;)
No, imageshack did do it. I figured out a way to upload my original picture.

There is a little bit of blue there, but imageshack expanded it or something.
Note: I did not edit the picture after you pointed out that blue spot. This is original picture.

And mine is a Sonia recolor, not an Espio recolor.
Okay then, forget about it.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice

I couldn't exactly make Nana's fur black. It looked horrible actually. >_>

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
I did a few old school recolours...

Retro Bowser

Retro Mario (His Pants got messed up)

Retro Peach (I posted this a few pages back)

Retro Sonic

Top Bottom