• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Crowd Thread!

Tera253

Smash Ace
yes, the crowd must return! also, it'd be cool if they would boo people who were cowards (throwing prohjectiles is not cowardism, it's intelligence when used properly) that run away from you and don't try to attack.
also, bring back the SSB64 chants, or just have the japanese ones. no one cares if DK, Mario, Luigi, Ness, and Young Link don't have chants. who uses them?

~Tera253~

Tera253

Smash Ace
that was a joke. anyways, the crowd is back, or it's Tera'simagination.
they are heard in trailer 1 when Pit and Meta-Knight are doing their multiple jumps trying to beat the crap out of each other.

but yes, a crowd mode would be cool,

and yes, the crowd does cheer for CPU's... at least in Tera's game. it doesn't happen often, because coms are jsut plain stupid like that and never seem to do anything chantworthy.
~Tera253~

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Huh. Well, it never does it in mine. Probably because the computers do nothing but spam A. Fair enough. Another one of those experienced facts you won't normally know of.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Let's face it, the crowd was and is one of the things that made SSBM and SSB different from your average beat em up. There just aren't any games where you can smash the living daylights out of someone so hard that you send them flying and get cheered and clapped for it. It just makes it all the more satisfying

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Let's face it, the crowd was and is one of the things that made SSBM and SSB different from your average beat em up. There just aren't any games where you can smash the living daylights out of someone so hard that you send them flying and get cheered and clapped for it. It just makes it all the more satisfying
Sure, it motivates me!

And I think in Brawl should be Louder.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I actually want to be nasty and make the crowd boo at me. The audience has been too nice, cheering for everyone and anyone. I want to spice things up here, but the only way is to give the crowd more personality and depth. And make them throw bombs at people.

In my mind, the crowd, much like the music, is often an overlooked factor that plays into every match and is a vital ingredient that makes a fight unique, that makes a fight a Smash match. Adding a little more wouldn'y hurt anyone, now would it?

Knuder967

Smash Rookie
I actually want to be nasty and make the crowd boo at me. The audience has been too nice, cheering for everyone and anyone. I want to spice things up here, but the only way is to give the crowd more personality and depth. And make them throw bombs at people.

In my mind, the crowd, much like the music, is often an overlooked factor that plays into every match and is a vital ingredient that makes a fight unique, that makes a fight a Smash match. Adding a little more wouldn'y hurt anyone, now would it?
Lol, that's a good idea. Kind of like the idea someone said earlier where you could have a special melee and you could put in what kind of crowd you wanted in the background.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Lol, that's a good idea. Kind of like the idea someone said earlier where you could have a special melee and you could put in what kind of crowd you wanted in the background.
WOW Imagine choosing the type of crowd you want in the fight!

Noisy (they don't shut up in all the match)
Friendly (support bad players too)
Helper (Throws Items to you)
Aggressive (Let down anyone with no chances to win)
Sarcastic (support no-way-to-win characters)

:chuckle:
©copyright LOL

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
You should be able to adjust what the croud is like in the options. Like how loud they are, how easily they chant a characters name etc etc

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
I agree that the crowd needs to be customizable, it would be fun to watch them boo the opponent.. lol.

TeH PwNx0rZ

Smash Apprentice
Well, perhaps they could make the crowd actually participate in gameplay? What am I talking about you ask? Have any of you guys played Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door? Well, that's what I'm kinda tlaking about. Perhaps they could put a feature and depending on your character's performance they can help you or do something to put you at a disadvantage. For exmaple, if one person is camping for too long and the crowd dislikes it, they can drop a bomb-omb on you or something. This option would be able to turn on and off. :)

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah... I mentioned how the awesomeness of Paper Mario audience could play some sort of method of how the crowd can act. But in that game, they were all visiable, and I wouldn't want them to be distracting anyone from a fight.

If they made a Paper Mario stage (which I suggest they do) it would be that one execption where you can see all the crowd's mayhem during a match. I remember getting a big crowd in Paper Mario: TTYD and telling myself "why isn't the crowd in Melee this fun?".

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes.. Paper Mario crowds, I loved those guys. But maybe if they do put in a TTYD stage, how about instead of Mario characters like toad, koopa's, etc. they have the characters in Brawl who arn't fighting sit in the crowd? I know it probably won't happen.. but still it would be cool.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Oh snap, that's how you should be able to unlock Luigi in Brawl! I recall Luigi randomly popping up in the audience for absolutely no reason every now and then, just to cheer you on. Maybe if the stage is on Adventure mode or something, finding Luigi in the crowd will cause him to appear as a challenger when you finish.

Just a thought. A Luigi thought.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Huh. Well, it never does it in mine. Probably because the computers do nothing but spam A. Fair enough. Another one of those experienced facts you won't normally know of.
It was a Ganondorf that, while the other CPU and us were fighting, came up and pulled off a warlock punch that devastated us all, owing to our high (100-ish) damages.

~Tera253~

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Makes sense, since he doesn't actually have an A to spam. Thanks for the information.

I wouldn't mind a TTYD stage with that, obviously it'd be banned in tournies, but I'd be a lot of fun. Random stuff is what makes Smash more fun than your usual fighter.

Zohrra

Smash Rookie
if the crowd is visable even just for certain stages I think it would be cool if they used Mii's random premade and your own depending on how many you have it would be cool to see your Mii's cheering you on

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
if the crowd is visable even just for certain stages I think it would be cool if they used Mii's random premade and your own depending on how many you have it would be cool to see your Mii's cheering you on
Yes! it will be perfect to see your miis in a visable crowd stage :bigthumbu

FireBomb

Smash Lord
So many Mii possibilities in the game...

I hope the crowd isn't as ******** as my crowd in Melee. They always seem to cheer the loser, so I never get cheered for. :( Maybe it's like pro wrestling where they occasionaly cheer someone who's currently losing, in order to push them to keep going. That's kinda what I think, but my crowd gets real ridiculous at times. Sometimes, right when somebody dies, the audience suddenly believes it's a good time to cheer for them. It's even funnier when the person they're cheering for at that moment was at their last stock, so now they're cheering for no one.

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
hehe the crowd swamps down onto the stage and carries off the winner after each match :O

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I hope the crowd still has at least some of the more interesting chants for certain characters. You know, "Roy's our boy!" instead of just "Roy! Roy! Roy!" and so on.

:laugh: First one to guess Snake's cheer right gets a cookie. =P

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
I hope the crowd still has at least some of the more interesting chants for certain characters. You know, "Roy's our boy!" instead of just "Roy! Roy! Roy!" and so on.
Right! It should be different not only Zelda, Zelda Uh... What was that?! or Go... (name of char) or
(name of the char x3)

They should have three different chants: go...; name x3 and one like Roy's our Boy

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Do you think the crowd should be in again? My answer is Yes, it's funny to be fighting and then listening to the crowd saying your character's name... What do you think?
**** the crowd. They only tend to cheer for stupid **** and they don't understand the game at all. The crowd annoys me and I wish it could be turned off.

Sensai

Smash Master
I like the crowd a lot, actually. I wish that they would cheer for something cheer worthy, but I like hearing the 'oohs' and 'aahs'.

And the crowd cheering your name is ok...the only one I really like is 'Roy's our boy!'

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I like the crowd a lot, actually. I wish that they would cheer for something cheer worthy, but I like hearing the 'oohs' and 'aahs'.

And the crowd cheering your name is ok...the only one I really like is 'Roy's our boy!'

Roy has the fire ;)

Ya I love the gasps and oohs. I wish cheering could be taken out, in melee. In classic the cheers werent annoying they were fun, but I really hate hearing

stupid crowd said:
GANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDD
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
A million ****in times.

They say ''roy's our boy!'' I NEVER could figure out what they were saying I always heard ''Roy roy roy! roy roy roy!''

Superstar

Smash Champion
Hmm, I mostly never cared for the audience in Melee, but if they were improved in Brawl, that would be something [good of course]. I really like Firebomb's suggestion for the audience count, but that the only way to notice the count would be...

A) A number next to your stocks, which can be turned off or on in the options. [Maybe a +10 or something to denote audience members]
B) The loudness of the cheer.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
This game gonna be a spectacular game, so it deserves a spectacular crowd, and the spectacular crowd deserves a own stage... it will be the Theater ha ha

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Crowd: Faaaaaaalcooo..... Faaaaaaaalcoooo
Falco: Man that's depressing. Do you guys want me to win?

Crowd: Roy's Our Boy! Roy's Our Boy!
Roy: STFU!

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

'If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right.'
-Mark Twain

Faith, my friend. Being pessimistic with reasoning behind it is all fine and dandy, but Nintendo's done nothing to merit distrust in the Smash series.

Top Bottom