• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Crowd Thread!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I hope this time the crowd cheers for people that are actually winning.
lol, when ever I start getting the crap beat out of me, the crowd starts cheering for my character! but yes, they should be more enthused, it was amusing when they cheered blandly 'faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalcooooooo, faaaaaaaaalcooooooo' I hate those guys... but, its probably my imagination, but you can hear the crowd in the first trailer, when pit and metaknight are blasted by samus, cheering, but it may be the canon charging up too...

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
"Get em in the Darkrain combo!!"
"KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
"Shine spike him!!"
"WALL.. OF.... PAIN!! WALL ... OF.. PAIN!"
"EXTENDERRRRRRRRRRR!!"
"Chaaaain graaaab.... chaaaaain graab"
"TOO GOOD!!! TOO GOOD!"
"Thunderflip!!"
"No Johns!"

The crowd should say all of that and then some.

mada0207

Smash Cadet
Yes, the crowd should come back.

No, the crowd should not shout advice or encouragement. It'd be too distracting, not to mention wierd. If you go to a game in real life, and the crowd starts chanting in unison, you'll most likely hear something like "Yankees! Yankees!". If 50,000 people just started screaming "throw the ball to second he's trying to steal!" in perfect harmony, that's when I'd be getting the hell out of there.

You know what they should do with the crowd? Let you see them. Like, if you grab an item or do a really huge combo or cause tons of damage at once, the crowd will stand up and cheer. You'd see sillouhettes of people waving their arms and jumping around, and it could work like a sort of hazard, blocking out the lowest part of the stage for a short time.
yes ur right the crow should come i agreed but what u just said i actually changed my mind and went with that

Aeramis

Smash Ace
My one wish for the crowd is that when I fake someone out it would say, "Mindgames, Son Mindgames!" and when I finish them it would be like, "You got owned!". Lol, fun times...

LinkTer

Smash Cadet
I think the crowd is a nessecary part of smash and should defintley make a return but more human like and realistic

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
i don't like that idea, it would get so annoying. I remeber one time i was at a wwe thing, this guy behind us would not shut up. my dad was just about ready to kill him. eventually he did shut up.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think for realism the Crowd should cheer for a character that did some awesome pwns until that character is pwoned him or herself and/or when they fall.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I think this thread is irrelevant. The crowd is definately still in.
But either way, someone could argue that it's in or not.

Personally, I love hearing the crowd chant my characters name.
The crowd must stay!

bored

Smash Ace
lol watch it be the announcer guy from pokemon battle revolution who will be replacing the crowd xD

greenblob

Smash Lord
The crowd should be primarily a combo indicator. Once you get 3 consecutive attacks in, the crowd starts cheering, and after each additional attack they cheer a bit more. If it ends in a KO, the crowd either chants your name or gives a big final cheer, depending on how many attacks there were. Of course, these attacks would have to combo, as in it would be impossible/almost impossible to escape the next hit. For example, if the one being combo'd either hits the ground/wall/ceiling (and therefore teched or could've teched) or comes out of hitstun (and therefore could've jumped, airdodged, or attacked), the "crowd combo counter" would restart.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
lol watch it be the announcer guy from pokemon battle revolution who will be replacing the crowd xD
May Sakurai have mercy on our souls.....I can see it now
*over estatic voice*
" Wow!!! what a hit"
"It did serious damage"
"That was SUPER effective"
"Ohhh, and he's down"
"The player is asleep"

....>_<plz no....

*ps, I am assuming PBR is the same announcer as Pokemon Stadium 2........because that's who I'm quoting.....I don't have a clue about Pokemon anymore.......>_<

Edit~ seriously, watch this vid.....favorite Smash crowd ever! (watch until Chu taunts.....you'l lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW75PLwW7S4

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
There should be a crowd supporting each character.

They would support their character when they're getting hopelessly killed, and cheer them on when they're winning. Especially when they taunt after they get a KO.

And "Boo" when the other characters taunt after killing their character.

The undecided, flip-flopping crowd of Melee didn't seem too realistic. Fans are usually pretty baised.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
May Sakurai have mercy on our souls.....I can see it now
*over estatic voice*
" Wow!!! what a hit"
"It did serious damage"
"That was SUPER effective"
"Ohhh, and he's down"
"The player is asleep"
ha ha :rotfl:

"the player is asleep" when someone falls sleep they should say this ha ha

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I support the crowd being the in the game but would only want the..
Cheering at times
Shocked "oh!"
Nothing too drastic like a whole sentence. It would be distracting and irritating. Especially during party games where they start chanting a name.. and the other 3 players are like "STFU!"

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
yup great idea! and when the fight gets boring! you could see shadows of the people standing and going out of the screen! :lol:

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
If there is no crowd in the game, the i won't buy it
i respect you on an unbelievably high level

i thought i heard the crowd cheering in the first trailer when pit and meta knight are fighting each other in mid-air

Keige

Smash Journeyman
If there is no crowd in the game, the i won't buy it
I'd agree with you, but I love Smash too much. But I do consider the crowd an integral part of Smash. It gives it some extra personality.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
we need the crowd. i mean its like a signature of ssb.
This happened in Pokemon Colosseum... remember? in Stadium there was an announcer... in Colosseum didn't and it sucked.

Hopes this doesn't happens to Brawl... the Crowd is fundamental, and it should be 10x better and deeper than Melee, having like different modes of crowds for example.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
oh man i forgaot about the announcer in pokemon. yea it got less entertaining w/out him (plus i dint own colouseum but i played it at a friends). but thats a good idea ^^^

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
A crowd mode could build on this Gladiator-spoof theme the story mode seems to have. Don't even have ledges, have a contained stage where the whole point is to just keep fighting until the crowd is completely set on the better fighter. Whether he's the champ who never takes a hit or the highly damaged underdog who starts pulling out the tricks and strategy, might just come down to who comes out on top.

If you really want to keep the theme going, have the crowd decide the loser's fate at the end. Back to a trophy, or honored as a skilled fighter nonetheless. Complete with Roman Emperor style hand gestures from the Master Hand itself. Just for reference, the emperor would turn to the crowd and let them decide the fate, not usually getting involved himself unless he felt like it. A thumbs-up, was a thumbs-up. Thumb to the side meant to finish him, nowadays we use the thumbs down because it fits better with modern gesturing.

As for a lone guy yelling...It can be quite powerful in real events, been boxing for years and some of the best quotes I've ever heard came from some guy lost in the crowd. But in a game, it's just a pre-recorded reflex that would sound out of place. That and in this country there's always some idiot yelling 'Git 'er done!'.
...That being said, if some one yelled 'Freebird!' after DK's final smash I would want to shake the hand of that programmer.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
That gladiator idea would be an awesome mode heh maybe if you worked on a team the crowd would get angry and summon some big old boss or another!

Smash Ace
I love the lone people in real-life crowds.
Anywways, I think people should also 'boo' people, like the ones who get the "opportunist" , "Master of Disaster", or "coward" awards.

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
i like the idea of the crowd silhouettes appearing if u do well.

what about when someone gets hit with a really high damaging move. the crowd goes like "oooohhhh" or "ddaaaammmnnnn!"

Snakz

Smash Ace
I love the lone, obnoxious guy cheer idea, i love those guys in real life too for games and sports, smash is practically both, so hell yea to that

I love the thought of a random fratboy yell goin something like "YEA FOX! WHOOOOAA!!"

or "DO IT, DIDDY, YOU DI THAT LEDGE, WHOOO!!"....ok maybe not THAT specific

Top Bottom