• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Crowd Thread!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
^^^

'If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right.'
-Mark Twain

Faith, my friend. Being pessimistic with reasoning behind it is all fine and dandy, but Nintendo's done nothing to merit distrust in the Smash series.
Im sure theyll do a great job on the game. But the possiblity still exists that wavedashing wont be in it. Which would cause me to never buy, or play this game. ever. Which would suck since I really am looking forward to a new smash brothers, I just hope they dont ruin it. Fingers crossed everyone.

Any noob jerks who jump all over my conservative opinion on wavedashing will be reported. Just a little reminder that if Im on the verge of being banned because someone sent a screenshot of me ''censor dodging'' then Im going to play hardball too.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ikural (up until now I thought it was Ikurai...god ****, I have bad eyes): what all has Rare done since Nintendo sold them that was any good? 'Sides the upcoming Banjo game and (argueably) Viva Pinata...

I'm pretty sure when Rare went to MS, most of the people responsible for the good games jumped ship.

Wikipedia said:
Between 2000 and the final acquisition of Rare Ltd, more than 50 people left the company. After the acquisition was complete, at least 30 more left.
Not to mention the fact that many people jumped ship after GoldenEye.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
Back on topic, leave Rare for a moment!

Crowd: Faaaaaaalcooo..... Faaaaaaaalcoooo
Falco: Man that's depressing. Do you guys want me to win?

Crowd: Roy's Our Boy! Roy's Our Boy!
Roy: STFU!
ha ha

BTW there should be at least, three different types of crowd! for each char... WDYT? (What Do You Think?)

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
You should be able to see the crowd and there should be a possibility of being smashed into the crowd! And the crowd would be like "Mario you suck!" or "C'mon its not over yet! Get back in there!" I always loved the Paper Mario crowd. Peform juggles and combos could make them jump for joy!

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
Thousand Year Door's crowd was awesome! Seeing something like that in Brawl would be beyond hot! They could just use the japanese crowd and sound better then the american one.

Edit: The american crowd just doesn't have any soul. The japanese know how to cheer someone on. Just look at Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!

Dazza!

Smash Cadet
I'm all for sakurai going to old trafford with a tape recorder, record some good ol footie banter!

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I think I heard the crowd in a trailer, so we know they're in. I think the crowd should throw items like in tTYD (only if they're turned on, so don't flame me Dylan). It should consist of the characters not being used.
Maybe if you unlock a new character, you see them jump out of the crowd onto the level and you fight. Like, you see people screaming and running as Ganondorf elbows his way past people to jump onto the level.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm not sure I like the idea of an interactive crowd as Keige said (throwing items or the like), but the idea of having a crowd closer to Paper Mario's is cool.

greenblob

Smash Lord
The crowd should be like a real crowd during a Smash tournament. During long combos, the crowd should become more and more excited and tense with each hit and explode after the kill or give an "aww" of disappointment when the last hit misses. There should be applause at the end of the game and instead of chants, there should be random shouts/whistles.

EXTENDERRR!!!

Tera253

Smash Ace
Hah. I love the idea! I think the crowd should have a meter similar to that one in the football games. The more heated the battle is, the louder they get. Once they get loud enough rattle the screen a little, stand, cheer, and throw sombreros and/or roses into the air!

Perhapse in single-player modes, they could always cheer the player and throw some generous chunks of hate the computer.

The crowd reactions could be triggered by things that triggered "bonuses" in SSBM. In a case where a player would normally get the "Coward" bonus, start shouting "Get back in the game and DO SOMETHING you lame piece of crap!" Or in the case of "Quitter"... "Hahahah! The widdle emo gonna cry! *group laughter*"

yes, yes!! diss those stupid cowards to the fullest extent.
~Tera253~

FireBomb

Smash Lord
They should laugh when you self-destruct. Such insult, there's nothing you can do about it, and you probably deserve it anyways.

They need to make the crowd as into it as they were in the first Smash. Hecka loud when you barely make it back to the stage, and the chants at least sound better that Melee's. I enjoy thinking up the possibilities of the Paper Mario Stage. With the addition of Super Paper Mario, it makes me feel more like that series will be in Brawl somehow. Or Mario and Luigi... that battle music was funky.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Senai, my idea for throwing items was purely cosmetic. Instead of them appearing in a puff of smoke, you see it fly on screen from the stage (it doesn't hurt if it hits you).
And I agree with the crowd getting more excited the longer a combo goes or something. Maybe there could be an option (READ: able to be toggled on or off) for the screen to start shaking when they're really excited. Like if you're sent flying miles away and somehow recover, the crowd goes wild and the screen shakes like crazy!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
EXTENDERRR!!!
Oh god... that was sooo annoying, if they had the crowd say that I would play on mute.

Wess is a great player but man in the east vs west crew battle was he annoying and obnoxious, as were his groupies.. the worst part being

*Chudat loses the female ice climber*

Wess - ''Come on chu! You don't need dat bit ch!''
Wess - ''You don't need dat bit ch!''

he said is SO MANY GOD**** TIMES I almost threw something at my screen. Godly smasher but wow is he annoying.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Crowd mode ftw, complete support

Other than that the crowd should just stick to *nicely* chant the leader's name, otherwise it would just be distracting

Chepe

Smash Lord
As long as they have more enthusiasm about it! I swear, Melee's crowd was a bunch of zombies or a cult! SSB's crowd was so much more lively...

I think they could expand on some chants too. "Roy's our boy!" was a cool chant. Something like:

"We want you! Pi-ka-chu!"

Okay, a little lame I know, but make the crowd seem less robotic...

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
Of course, assuming that one of the Elite Beat Agents make an appearance, they would easily have the best cheer in the game.

I mean, how do you beat an entire planet cheering for your success?
Answer: You don't.

EBA! EBA! EBA! EBA! EBA!

Sensai

Smash Master
Dylan, do you perchance have that video of East vs West? If you do, I'd love for you to somehow get it to me...

And I know what you mean. He did a lot of trash talk, until after he got his *** beat by Ken.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
how about a mode for that cheesy announcer from killer instinct...

C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

other than that, I have two words:

slow clap

imagine making an amazing comeback where youre on your last stock and you take down 3 of your opponent's for the win. The game doesn't go straight to the winners screen, but everything slows down and a slow clap begins which explodes into raucous clapping and cheering.

edit: "First one to guess Snake's cheer right gets a cookie. =P"

do you mean

Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!

Sensai

Smash Master
^^

That's what she said.

I think it'd be neat if the characters had more personal chants for them. Instead of just 'Ganondoooooooooorf. Ganondoooooooorf.' How 'bout something closer to like 'Zomg! You might actually be Sheik this time Ganon. OH **** NO WATCH OUT FOR THE CHAIN GRAB ZOMG!'

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I agree mostly with the audience mode to add to special brawls. I wouldn't like items being thrown and other distractions in a real intense match. I like when the crowd gasps and cheers and stuff, and I agree the chants need to be louder.

I also believe that they should have more taunts, 1 for each direction on the D-pad. One like an actual Taunt, one more victory based, one kinda bragging like, and the last one should encourage the audience to cheer; like they would start cheering your name at a slow pace but slowly pick up speed until the next cool thing happens. That would be fun to watch.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
After getting used to it, the cheering in Brawl would end up becoming natural and we'd probably drain it out as if it was never there. Kind of a shame, but that's why they have to give us something to remember, something enthusiastic.

Or at least something I won't get annoyed with 5 years later.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
I think its a magnificent idea the 4 form of taunt ( 1 for each direction on D-pad ) and definitively the crowd must be loader and more enthusiastic!!!! like the SSB!!! ohh good time!! (thinking on the intro of each character too) lol ... =D

Sensai

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind if you were able to taunt in a way that made the crowd get louder...that'd be kinda neat.

Y'know, up is normal taunt, down is rouse the crowd taunt.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of good ideas in this thread. I think it would be cool if each character had a fan or mascot that pumped up the crowd when you do well. I can just see Tingle waving a flag with the triforce on it, or Toad holding up a sign that says "Mario". I wouldn't want them interfereing with the game, but I would like to see them pop up at the bottom of the screen near their player's stock.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
There should be a stadium or arena type stage where the audience goes all the way around, that way you can see what they're up to in the background. Pokemon Stadium could do it if the diameter wasn't so huge. It's better than just staring at their backs when they jump up and go crazy.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
In several of the kirby games on the final stage where you fight dedede, it was in a wrestling ring and you could see the crowd very distinctly. That would be a great one for the ideas above.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I recently started playing SSB again [haven't played in many years]., and I agree, the SSB crowd is MUCH better, although not the best. In SSB, they went Aww when you missed an edgeguard as well.

In Brawl, it would be great if they went "Aww" when you get knocked away while they were cheering. The suggestion of cheering along with a combo/juggle is excellent.

The D-Pad taunt selection works really well. :) As long as they don't make all the taunts last too long [I hate Mario's taunt]. I was thinking that the D-pad could be used for messages in online doubles battles, but taunts work very well as a use. :)

Sensai

Smash Master
I just want a stadium, or an ampitheater would be cooler, where the crowd is visible, detailed intricately, and consists of Miis. Miis from the system, even.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
They need to have at least one stage where the crowd is shown on screen, like a stadium seating.

2. Yeah they need to have little sayings like, "Show em' your moves Captain Falcon."
3. They also need to have negative chants like, "You suck!" or "Ganondorf fears the Triangle" or "Rot on Venom"!

4. If they do show the crowds, the audience members have to have signs of some sort.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
You know, if they can't give me various cheering, they can at least do this...
When Snake dies, instead of the usual "Player 1 ... defeated", someone (or the crowd) should go "Snake? SNAAAAAKKEEE?!?". Or when he steals a partners life in Team battle, someone says "You can't do that!".

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I do think the crowd should have a little more personality but that means i would think you should have the option of turning it off in competitive play you know.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
nah, the crowd should be always on! and they have to encourage the computer char too!, not only a human char!

Top Bottom