• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Create a Stage! Create, Share, Rate, Discuss!!!

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Sorry it's sych a big image, but do your best to put up with it please.
Also, if it's really that bad, I'll remove and post link, so just hold with me please.

edit:It's a scrolling stage:tide

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
^^^^
Hey, that is REALLY cool. Would the stage stay in one spot? Or is there constant (but slow) forward motion? It would be cool to have different 2D-3D set ups as opposed to the one basic thing you showed.

I'm not saying it isn't awesome already (don't think that at all), but there is definitely room to make it even better.
Yeah, I forgot to say that. It kind of scrolls through the level and randomly goes from 2d to 3d.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
yo dyce, i never got an opinion from anyone about a stage i created. my name is gtkdltk007, i created a sonic stage, and i want u to tell me waht u think. its a bit earlier on, but i kow its one of the last posts on its page.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Haha! Thanks gtkdltk007! You made me feel like my opinion matters.

Well, let me go find it... {finds it} Ah! Here we are.

I like it, actually. It's very basic which is perfect for Smash. Love the side-to-side moving platform up on top. I also like how you kind of disguised the fact that this stage has a "3 Platform: Mid-High-Mid" part to it by making the left most platform a tree. Very good. Very good indeed.

(And thanks again for making me feel important! :p)

Tobi-

Smash Ace

You know that stage from Yoshi's Island on SNES where you are shrunk inside the Frog's Belly as a boss?

Yea, pretty much like that. You can't die by being KO'd left or right. The only way you can die is if you go down his digestive hole(hole is in the middle).

You probably will ask how is it possible to die only from a tiny hole at the bottom, but here's how. The left and right walls are bouncy. The more damage you have, the more you will bounce off them. The holes are like blackholes, they suck you in. So at around 150% if you are KO'd and hit the belly wall, you will bounce near the hole and it will suck you in=death. If you hit the throat area,(the pink thing), the belly will shake and the walls will constrict or expand, or the digestive hole will open more, or close. it does different effects. the only platform is the oddly shaped heart in the middle. but no worries if it's too small, you don't die right away if you fall anyway.

again probably hard to imagine but i will have better pic soon

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.

You know that stage from Yoshi's Island on SNES where you are shrunk inside the Frog's Belly as a boss?

Yea, pretty much like that. You can't die by being KO'd left or right. The only way you can die is if you go down his digestive hole(hole is in the middle).

You probably will ask how is it possible to die only from a tiny hole at the bottom, but here's how. The left and right walls are bouncy. The more damage you have, the more you will bounce off them. The holes are like blackholes, they suck you in. So at around 150% if you are KO'd and hit the belly wall, you will bounce near the hole and it will suck you in=death. If you hit the throat area,(the pink thing), the belly will shake and the walls will constrict or expand, or the digestive hole will open more, or close. it does different effects. the only platform is the oddly shaped heart in the middle. but no worries if it's too small, you don't die right away if you fall anyway.

Thats pretty bad ***. Love it.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Yeah that was a cool boss battle and I think that'd make a good stage do you think they'd use the Yoshi Island boss battle music to go with the stage?

platnum

Smash Lord

Teh awsomenes

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Here's the best part about today's update.

Best stage music ever!

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
There is so much awesomeness in tonight's update. Now I'm definetly camping out for this game. :)

On another note, I hope we are able to make an Excitebike stage, something akin to the Adventure Mode F-Zero stage in Melee, but stationary.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I call it, "Final Castle Siege Destination"

One flat platform, just like FD, with the awesome background of castle siege. The stage wont move or anything, it will stay exactly like that for the duration of the match. Perfection.

Also, while I'm posting here, I may as well include King Ganonidas Boss's stage, "The Hot Gates":

This picture is an example of King Ganonidas Boss using the Stage to his advantage while fighting the rest of the Smash cast (where their numbers mean nothing), and defeating them easily.

The King Ganonidas Boss thread is located here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109337

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
I posted this in a similar thread, but since this is the official thread, I will repost.

I have a concern about the stage builder. He said you don't have to worry about space with SD cards, however, that does kind of worry me because the screen shots have a meter that say "Remaining Parts" and that meter gradually fills up as parts are put in. Now, this means one of two things.....

1. This directly reflects how much space is currently left on your SD card. Or....

2. There will be some sort of natural part limit to reduce in game lag.

Sorry to kind of be the downer, but this is something that was not really explained and is an important issue. I would like to think option 1 (and I will be buying a huge SD card if that is the case) since that would give custom levels more freedom; however, I can see option 2 being a very realistic concern. What do you all think?

Oh, I like that you can customize the size of the parts, that is a very nice touch that will make stages have that much more freedom. The moving platforms and stuff will be awesome, too.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So far. One of his best updates ever today. I can make my stage a reality!
Oh, and you people too.
Also, he will add moving platforms considering that he said"We still don’t know the exact service period. And future tuning may result in changes to the spec."

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Here my idea I have for the "Green Hill Zone" Stage

Sorry I didn't add any palm trees, if I did the image would be too cluttered.

First of all, you can walk underneath the raised platform on the right and drop down onto the Spikes, or more preferable, the swinging platform below. Because of the spike, you can't KO anyone from falling.

The loop is can only be run through if you have enough momentum, seeing as that is now a big part of the game. So characters like Sonic and Captain Falcon can just run through it, but other people might need to use other means, like Wario's motorcycle. Or it can just end up being a fancy wall or in the background.

The platforms around the loop meet in the air, but platform C goes up and down once before it meets with B.

Also, Dr. Robotnik sends his Badniks after you, such as the chameleon one that appears out of walls and hovers over the ground, or the Buzzbomber the flies from one side of the stage to the other, shooting once at the first person in range, than quickly flying off screen.

Finally the primary way of KOing people on this stage is via the sides, or if you catch someone on a platform.

Any comments? Ideas?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
@TheCanuck75:

I don't think the "Parts remaining" bar at the top of the screen has anything to do with your SD card. If you've ever played a Tony Hawk game and attempted to create a stage, you'll notice the exact same bar. It fills up with each new piece of stage you put in. And if there was no limit, people would just fill up the entire grid with blocks, leaving no room to fight on.

"Space remaining on your SD card" will probably show up after you finish making your stage and attempt to save it. So... yes, I think your second thought was dead on.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm going to make a Saw stage. It'll be a really big dungeon looking stage with lots of traps. Each player will start off in opposite corners of the stage in individual chambers, and the idea will be to make your way through the traps to find and kill your opponents.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I have a great idea. I'm going to try to make a dungeon map! The whole map will be totally enclosed in, and will be many corridors with some larger rooms. I'll make good use of ladders also to help players gain entry to the upper floors. Now then, since the area is enclosed, how will you gain KO's? Simple.

You'll play in stamina mode!

I hope that this time around you can change how much health you start with. I also hope you can make it different for everyone. That way you can have one big dungeon crawl!

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I was inspired by Melee's Hyrule Dungeon Adventure mode stage. Imagine if you could make a stage that big! I doubt it, but still.

What would be even cooler is if you could play "fog of war" type matches. This wouldn't work on one TV, so you'd have to play online. Basically you can only see the area right around your character. That means the camera won't zoom out to show your opponents. In a dungeon crawl setting, that would be wicked! It could solve some of the camping problems too, because you don't know if your opponents will sneak up on you!

Zallipus

Smash Cadet
At the moment, I'm planning on creating a water stage of some kind, one reason being that I really, really like water-related stuff, so I'm hopeing there is a water effect seeing as Delfino has water in it. I wouldn't mind having cheep-cheeps or big berthas jumping out too, if they're in the game, but at the moment I'll be happy with just water of some kind.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman

"Brawl House" (left)
You only lose, if you get kicked out of the hole on the ceiling.

"Fortess" Team-Map: (right):
The Players win who conquer the enemy building (Starting Point) or get the most KOs when the time is up.

Aeolus

Smash Rookie
I like your Fortress idea, Metal B, but you should make the middle vertical wall extend all the way down. Characters with multiple jumps (Kirby, MK) or neat vertical recovery (Ike) could just fall down and invade the other teams space quickly =(

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Actually, moving platforms are already present. Look closely at this image in the corner to see it. You can also make it ice apparently.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think it would be cool if you could set certain Pokeball/AT characters to appear on your stage as a stage hazard. So, for example, you could make a stage that looks like the Excitebike race track and every so often Excitebikers would appear and run people down.

Or maybe if Machamp is a Pokeball character, you could make a stage based off of Goro's Lair from Mortal Kombat and have Machamp appear as a stage hazard.

I think a lot of people are going to create stages based off of games that aren't represented in Brawl. You could probably easily make the Deadpool stage from Mortal Kombat. Just crate a dungeon looking stage with an acid pit you can knock people into.

I was also think about making a Bramble Blast stage from DKC2(if there isn't one already). You would have to shoot from barrel to barrel to get around to different parts of the stage, but if you miss you hit thorn vines and take damage.

Halo stages, GTA stages, Contra stages, Resident Evil stages, the Danger Room from X-Men, the Bat Cave, that moon stage from Duck Tales on NES... There's really no limit to how many different stages you could make.

You'll probably even be able to make stages based off of real places too. I'm going to make my home town as a stage.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Well, it's safe to say that we can just rename this the: What Stages Will You Make With Stage Builder Thread, as it's pretty much the same thing now (don't you love how much they think of the fans, it's just awesome).

My stage, provided they have fulcrums and rotating stages, is to make a Bowser's Castle type stage, a la Super Mario World, Boss 1. It's a large flat stage right above a river of lava, with the ends of the stage having raised platforms on it (it's like a balony). Sort of straightaway, like Final Destination. Here's the trick though. As you stand on one side of the stage, the stage starts to tilt to that side due to your weight (be careful with heavier characters), jumping, down B's, and especially, Ground Pounds, make this go faster. If the stage tilts enough, it's be submerged in lava (though, in my plan, it wouldn't be able to turn completely over, making this stage a fight for your life while you try to keep moving.

Top Bottom