• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Create a Stage! Create, Share, Rate, Discuss!!!

SILENTWALL

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys. I'm new here. I have been making custom stage for 1 year, however, I'm not sure how to make a perfect neutral stage. I'm not a brawl expert, so I need someone help me to tune my stages' balance. I need to know what those experts' thought.
Here is my stages' list.
http://supersmashbros.ign.com/stages/list/name/asc/stages_created_user_id=118298433/

I have tested some official stages' K.O data. I had used Mario to hit the a unit from the center and lowest ground. This can test how far the death boundary is.
Result layout: Up Smash % / Forward Smash %
Battlefield: 137/123
Final Destination: 137/124
Delfino Plaza: 138/119
Luigi's Mansion: 146/132
Mario Circuit: 146/102
Bridge Of Elden: 138/128
Pirate Ship: 141/122
Norfair: 138/124
Frigate Orpheon: 134/119
Yoshi's Island: 139/119
Battleship Halberd: 129/122
Lylat Cruise: 138/123
Pokemon Stadium II: 138/131
Pokemon Stadium I: 138/120
Port Town Aero Dive: 129/118
Warioware Inc.: 133/96
SmashVille: 138/119

Question:
Which official stage do experts like mostly?
Does no grabbing edge matter?
How far the death boundaries do you like in the stage?
Compare two stages 100/100 and 100/115. Which is better? How much different between U-Smash and F-Smash number is the best balance?
Where can I see a reliable Character tier chart?

Please help me. Thank you.

SILENTWALL

Smash Rookie
Nary, can you help me?
LunarNOVA, yea. The different distance of side, top and down boundary is the basic balance of the stage. My K.O data has showed the different of them (see U-Smash%/F-Smash%). For example: stage Warioware Inc.: 133/96, it gives good advantage to strong F-Smash characters such as Ike.

IMO, we need to build stage from a basic data, and than we can add some factors to balance on the stage, which is the possibility of camping, spacing, wall and slope.

However, the problem is that we seem confused what the basic balance is. Under the flatland stage, which O.K. data is the neutral balance? 100/120? 100/115? 100/110? 100/100? 100/95? 100/90?
See the Tounanment Starter stages:
Yoshi's Island: 139/119
Battlefield: 137/123
Smashville: 138/119
Final Destination: 137/124
Is that mean 20% to 13% different between U-Smash and F-Smash the best setting on a medium size stage? Does the expert really think that?
Please tell me.
Help!

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
I would like to share any available stages with you guys!

Go to Cynos' 2nd Wii Code Thread, under Meet & Greet to trade Stages, Replays, and Snapshots!

Post your Wii codes there!

...Yeah...

*jumps off in cool fashion*

bwyd

Smash Rookie
sd card problem

Two questions.

I cant seem to save my custom stages onto an sd card. it keeps saying it cant save to the device in the slot. anyone know why this might be?

also, since i cant seem to save any stages to the card form the game, can i still load custom stages from Xane's studio editor (i think thats what its called) and be able to play them?

NEVERMIND!! i figured it out

Zye84

Smash Cadet
I tried to post this on the GameFAQ boards, but that was a failure since it kept getting deleted.

Anyways, not sure if this was brought up, but I thought up of a cool stage that could be fairly fun for the casual gamer; a Tetris stage. I was wondering why they would not have done this before since tetris is almost as iconic as Mario, but I digress. Think of a stage that would work almost exactly like Tetris, with the falling blocks creating your actual platform. It would eventually start to scroll up once it builds up, and if it can no longer build up it explodes and kills off everyone. To prevent this, the players, be it enemies or allies, hit the blocks to have them fit on the floor. = ) I would guess if a block is about to land and the character is under it, they would be damaged by it in some way, perhaps . This, I think, would be a really fun co-op stage!

another aspect i thought of, perhaps one person has control of the stage itself and not have a character they're using in battle. Instead they literally play Tetris to build the stage around the players, to hinder, or help them, even KO them. "Link, Mario, C. Falcon vs. TETRIS BLOCK(s)! = P

(this is meant for a future Smash game)

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I need help on downloading custom stages. I went to private/wii/app/RSBE/st. But I don't know the name of the file I want. every time I type in the name, its incorrect. where can I find the file name?

BloodySnake

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but...
This is called a deathtrap...
basically, you make a tub of normal blocks, and then you make a roof. Then, replace 1 or 2 of the blocks with fall blocks (which fall and and then reappear). now you have made an enclosed cage with no way out. Then, you cover the bottom with spikes. put this arrangement in a stage, wait for someone to fall in, then camp on the side, wait for them to get 999% damage, then let im out, and hit him once, and he will fly off the stage.
credit to my friend.

Albino Ace

Smash Rookie
I made two Star Wars themed stages recently just for the fun of it. :p

"Mustafar" has three of the tunnel pieces (or at least the closest thing the ruin background allows) connected by thin platforms, with a couple of pillars and small platforms above to keep things interesting. (I wonder if I made it too big...oh well.)

"Hoth" has one tunnel within an area of mostly icy platforms, supposed to resemble inside an icy cave or something. lol

flashingsmash

Smash Rookie
*page 12 train level*
that is sick! sadly in brawl all the stages are from one of the charecters original game. =( otherwise id love it!

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Hacked stage. This is the only non-buggy way you can have platforms rise and fall into the stage; vertical moving platforms confuse the game if they go into the stage.
Not true. I had a hacked stage of a train and I used verticle platforms as the smoke. They worked fine

Crow!

Smash Lord
Not true. I had a hacked stage of a train and I used verticle platforms as the smoke. They worked fine
Vertical platforms going into the stage cause all sorts of strange disruptions to players fighting on the portion of the stage intersected by the platform's path, even when the platform is not nearby. In particular, actions which move you between a normal part of the ground and the afflicted area (and back) get messed up.

I suppose if there was a single vertical moving platform which enveloped the entire surface which is intersected, then it would work out.

Nick Schovitz

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna have to post some of mine's here. My little brother dropped his Wii and all the data got erased from it. That really pissed me off. I've been trying my best to remember exactly how I had my stages. Will be back maybe in a day.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I created these stages a looong time ago and I'm happy to share them with you guys!

Name: Frozen Subzone
Song: Frozen Hillside

Info:
After countless improvements I came up with this! You can live FOREVERRR (theoretically). Consider it an alternative to Hyrule Castle. This stage is a lot of fun and I've gotten positive reviews from all my friends.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?32h755jdr4gcc0o

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Name: Ladder Madness
Song: Target Smash!

Info
There are two fights in this stage. The one on top and the one below it. :laugh: Fighting below the stage is a lot of fun but you also have to be careful you don't kill yourself! I've had lots of fun on this stage with all my friends especially on the ladders. While under it you can cross over the other side of the stage. If you are daring enough. :evil:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hmh6fvc8h263wa2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Name: Bowser's Castle
Song: Castle/Fortress (SMW/Super Mario World 3)

Info:
This is Bowser's Castle. What SHOULD have been originally in the game. I made it to resemble the Mario/Bowser faceoff in the first Super Mario Bros. for the NES. The room at the right is where Princess Toadstool was held. There was no lava to place so spikes filled that void well. Spikes were placed on the ceiling to prevent fighting on top but items do spawn up there and computers sometimes get stuck up there... I'd like it if this stage were a bit more texture hacked to look more legit just like it did in the ol' days.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uk4bqr19d5u9gua

tre4e

Smash Rookie
hi!!!
I'm new at this forum thing so i will put my stages for download on my youtube channel

see ya around

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Princess Peach Castle 64

Kongo Jungle 64

Hyrule Castle 64

Mushroom Kingdom 64

Saffron City 64

Dream Land 64 (To build the tutorial stage, simply copy and edit this one. Then delete the middle and right platform.)

Planet Zebes 64

MCRYT64

Smash Rookie
The sideways moving platform on supposed to be 4 grid spaces right SMACK in the middle, and the vertical moving platform is supposed to be 6 grid spaces tall and also right SMACK in the middle.

Top Bottom