• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Create a Stage! Create, Share, Rate, Discuss!!!

Sharky

Smash Master

Description's in the photo :yoshi: I was also thinking about putting a couple moving platforms underneath the pyramid, one on each side. To prevent camping I'd have a couple horizontal spikes that the platform would go directly underneath. I guess it'd also be better to move the whole thing up a few blocks.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman

Here's a little level I designed, i tried to make it as possible to create as... possible...

Well, anyway,

Black is solid stuff, that you can't pass through.

Red is spikes, pointing in the most logical direction.

Light blue is jump through, fall through platforms.

Purple is conveyor belts, rolling in the direction of the arrow.

Yellow is a platform that you can only jump through, not fall through (if possible, if not it'll just be a light blue platform)

The theme of the level would probably be a cave or some kind of factory thingy.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Nice level, Doopliss! I think that would be really fun to play. I am going to try and make one of my own right now.

Edit: Wow, I failed.

Coselm

Smash Ace

I thought of this first stage because I loved the dynamics of the physics in Melee. Like for instance, in Temple, if someone camped downstairs, you would have to use certain attacks in certain ways to get a kill, and inversely, you could DI certain ways, and tech to save yourself often. This stage will challenge players to utilize positional play, air combat, teching, DI, and various other tactics to secure a win. Probably would not be tournament playable haha.

I got this idea from Luigi's target test. Floating bumpers optional.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Nice level, Doopliss! I think that would be really fun to play. I am going to try and make one of my own right now.
Thanks, i just had to get some brawl hype out of my system :p

And its really easy to make a stage, as long as you have a base idea, then you can evolve it as you go. My level was, when i made it up, just the light blue platforms and the floor, walls with the holes on the side and roof.

VirusTsunami

Smash Rookie

a level fopr brawling and one for King of the Hill mode (Unoficcial; Whoever stays up there the most time in a 5 min timed match is the WINNAR!

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
I have a few stages I made I'd like to share. :D

My re-make of the classic Hyrule Castle from SSB64! That was my favorite level. :D That and the Star Fox level.

A level I've always wanted! It's based around the ability to wall-jump! Yeah, I know it's unfair to characters to can't, but I just felt wall-jumping never got much use in Melee. :(

This is my version of Bowser's Castle. I am working on the assumption that the brown blocks are destructible, so if they're not I'd probably just leave those spaces blank. If we can't have lava, spikes will have to do!

. . . Almost looks more like a church, doesn't it?

db777

Smash Cadet
First post, i know a lot of people asked how to already but i cant post my stage here

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
How do I post the stage i made with Flash stage editor???
Press the 'prt sc' button to take a picture of your screen. Then go into any picture editing program and cut it down to a better size (look for the crop feature; remember, if you mess it up on accident, just go to 'edit' and hit 'undo').

Then you'll need to upload it online to a place like photobucket.com. Load it up, then copy the URL. Then just use the insert image button on here to link to the URL and make the pics appear in your post.

Hope that helps.

platnum

Smash Lord
Press the 'prt sc' button to take a picture of your screen. Then go into any picture editing program and cut it down to a better size (look for the crop feature; remember, if you mess it up on accident, just go to 'edit' and hit 'undo').

Then you'll need to upload it online to a place like photobucket.com. Load it up, then copy the URL. Then just use the insert image button on here to link to the URL and make the pics appear in your post.

Hope that helps.
but when I press prtsc nothing happens.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
ULTIMATE WALL JUMP

The idea is everyone fights at the top of the towers, in this map meteor smashes and spikes reign supreme. Knock an enemy down into one of the many gaps (which are too deep to triple jump out of) then one way walls lead them to a ladder back to the surface, which has a one way platform to protect them, for a more plain and cruel version remove the tunnel at the bottom so that if you cant wall-jump and you get hit down the pit you are stuck there, you can also add spikes to this variation

Greevy

Smash Cadet
Bowser's Castle, Exor
(Super Mario RPG Lengend of the Seven Stars)

In the middle of the stage is the massive sword (not in the original game, for the custom stage he'd just be made of the standard square blocks) Exor. He is almost as tall as the top of the screen and his hilt is made to fight on if you can get up there. Both sides of the hilt as well as the very top of his face are all solid platforms. The sword itself will, to make this stage plausible, be made of oriented spikes so that if one should touch it they would be hurt. One either side of Exor are two flat stone towers the players will spawn on (P1 and P3 on left tower, P2 and P4 on right). Raising platforms will bring the player up to Exor's head/hilt. You will have to travel up this way in order to get to the other side, there is no way to get around Exor except to go over him, making the top of his head a very strategic point.

I'm sorry I don't have a picture...

SamusLord

Smash Cadet
Not pointing my beam to the back of your head >
Name: Impact Crater, Tallon IV(Metroid Prime)
Pic: [img=http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1192/impactcraterbrawlai4.th.png]
Description: Basically the mini-level before the final boss in metroid Prime for the Gamecube. The Impact crater simply leaped at me the moment I stepped into it... Orange phazon, floating platforms, deadly fission metroids. 'The site of the great cataclysm on talon IV and the decline of its inhabitance. Focus on surviving vicious parasites, lethal phazon, and unstable platforms while trying to fight your foes in this unholy source of poison.'

platforms: Most platforms are secondary, with only the small gray/red platform being the main. The blue platforms on red tentacles can be broken off and dropped into the phazon below. The main platform oozes phazon.

Special features: I also decided to add a couple twists to standard smash stages:
1. You'll probably be spending most time on sub-platforms, considering the size of the main, and the numerous smaller ones.
2. The metroids. What would metroid be without 'em? They emerge from the dark blue tube above(there is no visible roof btw) and attach to characters, slightly increasing their % rating, and this draining is less effective than the lips stick. They can be hit off.
3. The orange stuff is phazon. unlike the traditional smash lava, it will cause % w/o push back. You cannot fall out below, only on either side and above.
4. The two platforms w/ red tentacles. The tentacle can be broken like in zebes from melee, however they do not regenerate unless completely broken. The platforms will fall and float in the phazon. While doing so, the can be tossed and turned, splashing players with phazon. when regenerating, the red tentacles will grow and reach onto the platform before retractring it back into its original position.

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
I have two new stages I'd love to make

The new mushroom kingdom 2!!!

the red lines are the platforms you stand on

I'm pretty sure this has been done alreayd, but... Mario Arcade Stage!!!

Once in a while, a few koopas come out from the pipes.

The characters are there for size comparisons, and the sprites are from Deviantart. Just search "get ready to" and it should be the second picture.

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman
I have two new stages I'd love to make

The new mushroom kingdom 2!!!

the red lines are the platforms you stand on

I'm pretty sure this has been done alreayd, but... Mario Arcade Stage!!!

Once in a while, a few koopas come out from the pipes.

The characters are there for size comparisons, and the sprites are from Deviantart. Just search "get ready to" and it should be the second picture.

ZOMG!!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE SPRITES

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yay! We're back to actually drawing/photoshopping our stage images!
About time, I was getting sick of seeing all the black&white grids. Hell, at this point I was simply happy to see Greevy's text format stage. :p

All around loverly. Hoping to see a Metroid stage that DOESN'T involve lava, and represents the Prime series as well. Samuslord's idea works out very well for that dream of mine.

Oh, and yes SiegK. Of COURSE I voted for Sonic. Who do I look like? Some kind of poser?
I think not, good sir!

Zeta_Stryker

Smash Rookie
Mario 64's Castle

Floor 3, Room 15. The Rainbow Room stage

Fighters will fight on a platform that will fly on a rainbow path, trying to dodge obstacles and fight at the same time.

O Rly?

Smash Cadet
I'd make a grid, but... nah.

My idea is based off of the Kakariko Village Well from Ocarina of Time. I'll probably make it with Stage Builder when I get it, but I intend for a very deep pit surrounded by walls, and the only way to knock someone out is to stay at the top of the well (where there is a very short ceiling) and KO off the walk-off sides, or launch someone straight up from the bottom of the well.

It would make use of the ladder mechanic and have some pass-through platforms lining its sides, though, so characters that aren't the best of vertical jumpers (hi, Peach) have some way of getting up top and risking a lower-percentage KO.

EDIT: a depiction in Paint.

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I've come up with 4 more stage designs!!!

Stage name: Airship Brigade
Universe: Mushroom Kingdom
Game: Super Mario Brothers 3

Ok, this stage is hazard central!!! there will be flames, bullet bills, and wind all around you!

Stage Name: Boo's Mansion

Now this stage is interesting! See those two doors? they teleport you to each other! And that big boo will also be a stage hazard as well!

Stage Name: Neo Green Hill Zone
Universe: Mobius
Game: Sonic Advance

Now this stage is akward. It's diagonal, and as you can see with pikachu about to do, you can do a loop-de loop!

Stage #4
Stage name: Winters
Universe: Eagleland
Game: Mother 2/Earthbound

this stage design was difficult to capture in pictures, because of Earthbound's 2 and a half-D graphics. Essentially, you have those 3 platforms, and that's about it... oh! and you can't walk under those two on top of the stones!

Opinions?

Conner

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I've come up with 4 more stage designs!!!

Stage name: Airship Brigade

Ok, this stage is hazard central!!! there will be flames, bullet bills, and wind all around you!

Stage Name: Boo's Mansion

Now this stage is interesting! See those two doors? they teleport you to each other! And that big boo will also be a stage hazard as well!

Stage Name: Neo Green Hill Zone
Universe: Mobius
Game: Sonic Advance

Now this stage is akward. It's diagonal, and as you can see with pikachu about to do, you can do a loop-de loop!

Stage #4
Stage name: Winters
Universe: Eagleland
Game: Mother 2/Earthbound

this stage design was difficult to capture in pictures, because of Earthbound's 2 and a half-D graphics. Essentially, you have those 3 platforms, and that's about it... oh! and you can't walk under those two on top of the stones!

Opinions?
I love it! All except the last one though, a little bit uncreative. Where do you get those
sprites? I wanna make a stage like that since Dyce is tired of the grids.(i am too:))

Conner

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me for Double posting and using the grids again, but new stages, I finally thought of some ideas.

I like the Maze ones because they're hard!

Top Bottom