• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Shock the Hedgehog
Anyone got the NPC-to-wifi training stage code?
I have one for Rumble Falls and one for Hanenbow, i know for sure, but I don't think i got NPC, want ther other ones instead? You can find the rumble falls code from the brawl +.txt

there's a electric hitlag constant that eliminates the "pause for a moment of recognition" when some successfully knees, stomps or LK's.

But can I take that code, modify a few numbers and make it last longer than normal? Anyone got a clue as to how to tinker with it?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
change the 3F800000 line
3F800000 is 1 in floating point, making the hitlag on electric attacks 1 times longer than regular attacks. make int 40000000 to make it twice as long, but 40400000 to make it 3 times as long.

@budget player
floating point is just an X(usually 8 or 16, brawl uses 8) digit value a lot of programs use. just look up hexadecimal to floating point converter to get those values.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Is there a code for inf points for sending stuff like replays and pics? My sd slot on my wii is broke and i send my replays to my friend through the wii so he can upload them. However the stupid points thing only allows me to send 2 a day.

Desire

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys.
Its been around 4 months since i visited smashborads and I just want to know what I missed.

I'v noticed custom music (holy ****), and thing called balance brawl,
What else is there? :D

Thanks

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So I've being messing around with effect hacks lately, I've noticed that some of the hacks that changes effects on the fighters causes them to not make sound effects.

The most noticible is when I used a hack to give pikachu red thunder, he doesnt cry out when he does thunderjolt or thunder.

Is there a way to fix this?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
nope. the reason is the sound effects are categorized differently in PAL and U.S.

and the sound effects are in the same files as the effect hacks.

The red pikachu thunder is a pal effect, I believe.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
What do you guys use for opening rar files? I personally have liked WINrar/utorrent, but I want to hear what has been safer/has more options.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
If there is a Custom Character selection screens, is it possible to rearrange maps as well?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
what do you mean, maps? Like the stage selection screen? Yes, but they took it out from the nightly codeset.

sasook

Smash Champion
So lately, when I play wifi, my texture hacks are acting weird. The textures for my character show up on my screen. The hacks for my opponent (no matter who they're using) don't appear on my screen. Can anyone explain?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
The only way you can see their hacks is if you and him have the exact same texture hack for everyone. Otherwise it will only show the hacks you put in.

sasook

Smash Champion
Thats what I mean - the ones I assigned aren't showing up. But only for my opponent's character.

Like, let's say I'm using Pika and he's Kirby. The hack I assigned to Pika will show up. But Kirby will appear as if not hacked.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Ok here is my question. I have two Sonic textures that I want for him in Brawl, the original and the Sonic CD remake. How can I add the Sonic CD texture without replacing the original Sonic texture. I know this is possible because I have seen Brawl+ videos with more than the default textures and new preview images.

Largo Shogun

Smash Cadet
dunno if someone made the request before, it's a long thread, but i'd like to see scar jumping in SSE

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Ok here is my question. I have two Sonic textures that I want for him in Brawl, the original and the Sonic CD remake. How can I add the Sonic CD texture without replacing the original Sonic texture. I know this is possible because I have seen Brawl+ videos with more than the default textures and new preview images.
Textures usually go in sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\sonic\FitSonicXX.pac

Except replace XX with the two-digit number:
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Gold
05-Black

Preview images...I think you're talking about CSP's?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Can someone please direct me to a good walkthrough for installing the infinite replay code? I've looked for quite a while. I already have HB installed but haven't done anything other than that.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Not a walkthrough, but this should be concise. Since you've mentioned "Homebrew?", I'm assuming you're new to the world of Homebrew.

Start off by looking for the code itself, you can either find it here on SWF, or you can go to geckocodes.org to find the replay code (or any code really..).

You'll need a Cheat Manager that will run off your PC or a Cheat Manager app for Homebrew Channel (though I prefer to use the app on the PC), and either backup launcher that supports Ocarina/SD codes or the app Ocarina itself. And finally you'll need some kinda SD card. I've been using a MicroSD that's stabbed into a Micro SD adapter for months now.

Here's all the places you will probably need to visit.
For them codes: WiiRD OR SWF (NTSC-U)
I actually don't remember where I got hold of the PC cheat manager app, try googling for it.
now for the homebrew app's: Wiibrew.org or try looking on Wiiso.com for a backup launcher, i recommend the latest version of Gecko OS, in my case of a hard-modded wii it won't matter what I use. If you've got a non-modded wii, just go with Gecko 1.9 or something.

Here's a non-detailed step-by-step of what you gotta do.
-Find your inf. replay code, copy the code and name.
-open a new text document (notepad).
-on the first line you need to type "RSB*01", (replace * with whatever region the disc is) as this is the game's ID or whatever, so don't screw it up.
-Next line, the name of the game, but doesn't have to be exact as its only for organizational purposes.
-Next line, is going to be an empty line, so skip down to the next line, and paste your code in. Should have the code name: Infinite replay code, and the code on the line right under.
-Save your .txt and name it whatever you like.

-If you got the PC cheat manager I was talking about, get that running and open this newly created text file.
-You should have the inf. replay code on the left ready to be checked off, so do that and check it off lol.
-Click on the big Export GCT button at the bottom, and have your SD plugged in at this time.
-Locate the root of your SD and press Store. You can also do this manually by creating a folder "codes" on the root of your SD and putting the finished product in there. Either way, you should end up with something like E:\codes\rsbe01.gct (rsbE as in NTSC-U I have no idea what your game region is)
-Get a hold of your backup launcher (Gecko), and put your app on your SD, if you don't know how, search it up on wiibrew or something.

-Now get your SD into your Wii and run HBC. find Gecko and load it. By default if I remember, it'll look for codes. But after you boot the game, and you don't see any message that it looked for any codes, you should go to the config section and look for Ocarina or SD Codes, and turn it ON, then boot the game. If successful, it should at some point during the booting process say it's found SD codes! and now applying.

Enjoy your changes.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Textures usually go in sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\sonic\FitSonicXX.pac

Except replace XX with the two-digit number:
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Gold
05-Black

Preview images...I think you're talking about CSP's?
I knew how to add textures. Like to get the Sonic CD texture in I replaced FitSonic00.pac But I like Sonics original texture, I want to have both that one and the new Sonic CD one. Essentially I want to choose from more than 5 color sets.

sasook

Smash Champion
The Sonic CD texture is just one texture right? But you want to keep Sonic's original texture alone? Well, just assign the CD texture to a different color.

I thought that was what you were asking until I read that last sentence. I don't believe there is a way to exceed the amount of colors the game offers per character.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice

sasook

Smash Champion
So lately, when I play wifi, my texture hacks are acting weird. The textures for my character show up on my screen. The hacks for the character my opponent is using (no matter who they're using) don't appear on my screen. Can anyone explain?
Just bringing this up again.

franc1234567890

Smash Rookie
Ok i have a request for a code:
I would like to have the border of the screen to warp a character to the other side instead of killing him. Same thing for the ceilling and the bottom. It would need to keep the characters momentum and stuff. The ceilling might be a bit difficult though...
I would be very happy XD
oh and if that code already existed could you tell me the name/redirect me there please?

edit: My 1st sentence looks weird...
anyway, if you get thrown out to the left side of the map, you reappear on the right side keeping momentum. Same thing with up and down.

sasook

Smash Champion
textures don't work on wifi for other people. >.> unless you have the exact same texture.
*sigh*

Yes, I know. I've gotten this answer twice now. That is not what I'm asking.

Okay, here it is again. When I play online, the textures I have assigned to my character show up. The textures I have assigned to my opponent's character do not. I am not talking about my opponent's character on his screen (I know they won't appear) I am talking about my opponent's character on my screen.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i just tried having a CSS with 4 random slots, and a bunch of characters i taken out of the list, but included them in the random selection.
everytime i boot up the game thru gecko 1.9, i get a black screen., the screen in between the gecko screen and the wii jacket warning notice. What's up? what's not working? multiple randoms or the character in the custom random code? It colud be that fact in the custom random, i put multiple pikachu's in hopes it wil increase the chance of pikachu being selected through random.

If you didn't understand what I meant here's the situtation:
I'm making a custom CSS. the idea was to only have the characters I use, and take out every other character. However with the custom random code, I have all the characters that are NOT on the CSS. This way I can still be able to get them even though it's not existent on the screen.

Here's what I'm using:
custom random
06685824 0000000C
3C608068 7C630214
88630E80 00000000
046857F0 3AE00026
06680E80 00000026
1B1F1D09 0B191826
270C241A 0E02041C
0F200705 12011006
1E081716 03140A21
25150D13 00112322

Custom CSS v3
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900d8 00000008
2c170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 0000002D
1B1F1D09 0B191826
270C241A 0E02041C
0F200705 12012910
061E0817 1603140A
2125150D 28281300
11232228 28000000

sasook

Smash Champion
You're not understanding what I'm asking. I'm not trying to see his textures, I'm trying to see my own.

Let me give an example. I have Captain America assigned to neutral CF. I have Shadow assigned to neutral Sonic. Offline, they both work fine. Online, if I pick neutral CF, and my friend picks neutral Sonic, this is what I see on my screen:

Captain America vs. normal Sonic (not Shadow)

Now lets say next match I pick neutral Sonic and my opponent picls neutral CF. This is what I see on my screen:

Shadow vs. CF (not Captain America)

So basically, whatever hacks I have assigned to the character my opponent is using, don't show up on my screen. I'm trying to find out why. Hopefully it's clear what I mean.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
You're not understanding what I'm asking. I'm not trying to see his textures, I'm trying to see my own.

Let me give an example. I have Captain America assigned to neutral CF. I have Shadow assigned to neutral Sonic. Offline, they both work fine. Online, if I pick neutral CF, and my friend picks neutral Sonic, this is what I see on my screen:

Captain America vs. normal Sonic (not Shadow)

Now lets say next match I pick neutral Sonic and my opponent picls neutral CF. This is what I see on my screen:

Shadow vs. CF (not Captain America)

So basically, whatever hacks I have assigned to the character my opponent is using, don't show up on my screen. I'm trying to find out why. Hopefully it's clear what I mean.
He knew what you were asking because he gave you the correct answer. In order to see textures on your opponent you both have to have the same textures and the .PAC files for every texture. You can stop asking now.

Top Bottom