• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded Brawl+ awhile back, and it worked fine. Than I downloader PhantomWings into the same RSBE01.gct folder that I had Brawl + in. Now all the textures I have work, but I can't use Brawl+.

Also, the textures I got where in a package I got ffrom some guy, and now when I go to Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf, I have fighter, system, and menu, so you think if I delete the menu & system, I can get rid of the textures and just have Brawl+?

All I want it Brawl+ and the different characters, i.e. young Link, Phoenix Mario, maybe dark Samus, etc. So what do I need to do?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
you can't have two code files in the same codes folder. it will only load one. also brawl+ should have a set with the texture hacks in it,(no music though) and textures don't interfere with brawl+. also, you can only have one edited character at a time(may change with project sa but who know's). you can just replace ur gct with the offical brawl+ download again and that will give you brawl+ again.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
I did, like 2 hours ago, but thanks for the input.

Anyway, so I have Brawl+, and I still have all these textures that work, and I have Phoenix Mario, everything works. But when I make a room on Wi-Fi, the game freezes.

codfish92

Smash Ace
it's probley freezing online cuz
A. most codes don't transfer to online
B. if your doing with anyone, most codes will cause a freeze
C. the character sets can sometimes cause freezing
D. We don't know how Phoenix mario reacts to the online world, so try taking him out.
E. most codes will simply freeze the game if the other people don't have the exact same codes on.

your problem could relate to any of those issues. but i would try removing phoenix mario first and see if it solves ur problem.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
So I want to put the file patch code 3.5.1 in the txt file for brawl+ 4.1. However, aside from removing the old 2.1 code, I want to know if there's anything else I need to do before making a successful gct? Has anyone else doen this? Can anyone offer help?

Sparx401

Smash Rookie
Got another question: Is there a code that prevents DK from coming out and throwing those jacks/springs on the 75m stage? The reason is not so much of the stage hazard it presents, but rather it causes the music to lower in volume when the "DK-is-about-to-come-out" sound begins to play. My custom music loses its edge when that darn ape comes out so I was just wondering if there was a way to stop him like how there's a way to stop pokemon from coming on Spear Pillar.

codfish92

Smash Ace
So I want to put the file patch code 3.5.1 in the txt file for brawl+ 4.1. However, aside from removing the old 2.1 code, I want to know if there's anything else I need to do before making a successful gct? Has anyone else doen this? Can anyone offer help?
the replacing of the old 2.1 code should be all you have to do to make a successful gct. that will just allow music hacks with brawl+ so the only other thing you would have to do would be adding songs to ur sd card.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Got another question: Is there a code that prevents DK from coming out and throwing those jacks/springs on the 75m stage? The reason is not so much of the stage hazard it presents, but rather it causes the music to lower in volume when the "DK-is-about-to-come-out" sound begins to play. My custom music loses its edge when that darn ape comes out so I was just wondering if there was a way to stop him like how there's a way to stop pokemon from coming on Spear Pillar.
you would use the same level freezer code that they use for spear pillar, you would just assign it to 75m

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Target Smash levels 2-5 [spunit262]
06949E84 00000008
8804001C 60000000
this will allow access to them. you will still need another code to select them(sry don't know it)
I think there's already some SSS on youtube that has them. Look up "Organized SSS", I think.
well how exactly would i access them?

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
yea but how? ive had a custom SSS for a while and i put the code you gave me but i do know how to select them is it like a button activation thing? :/

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Apart from the PAL database where's the best place to get PAL brawl hack codes of the crazy h4x0r variety such as infinite shield or teleportation, infinite up-B and jump etc?

codfish92

Smash Ace

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
the effects for characters go in the respective character folder named Fit(Character).pac do not assign it a texture.
So would it be "fitdiddy.pac" ?

I tried and it froze my Wii on the character select screen when I chose Diddy Kong.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
That's how I already have it.

Do I have to update something? I know I couldn't use some stage texture because I didn't have the latest file patch code or something.

codfish92

Smash Ace
yeah i have a question, i'm trying to use move swap hacks, but the game always freezes. i understand moveswaping will freeze the game if you try to make someone crawl who can't, but the game freezes as soon as i choose the level. do only a few move swap codes work, or am i an isolated case?

NNID
Budget_Player
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong... I have everything the way should be and nothing is working when the game starts. Well, it works, but it's the normal Super Smash Bros Brawl. >.>

I also don't know how to check effectively if it's Brawl+...

Basically, this is what my folder setup looks like:

-Apps
--Gecko1901
---boot.elf
---icon.png
---meta.xml
--homebrew_browser
---boot.dol
---icon.png
---meta.xml
-boot.elf
-codes
--RSBE01.gct
--RSBP01.gct
-gameconfig.txt
-installer.log
-Private
--wii
---APP
----RSBE
-----al
-----pf
------fighter
-------(folders I'm too lazy to copy)
-----rp
---title
----rzde
-----data.bin
-Temp
--A lot of PNG files

I'm running on PAL and using Nightly 7-10 (whatever that means... that's what it was called). I don't know what is going wrong, but somehow the changes aren't taking effect. I looked at the changelist and tried it out... I noticed neither the obvious things (glitch fixes, no tripping) nor any physics changes. I successfully load from Gecko, it recognizes the codes and applies them... and then nothing happens. >.>

NNID
Budget_Player
I updated the gecko, tried the 4.1 codeset, everything... no clue. :( The guys on IRC are trying to help me but I'm getting nowhere. >.<

I can't find any possible reason it isn't working other than my Wii just being a douche.

Zalik

Smash Rookie
Ultimate Superman PAL Code

Does anybody have a working PAL ultimate superman code? I would be really grateful if someone could give me it.

Zalik

codfish92

Smash Ace
does anyone know how to modify the first line of the frame data code. Spunit262 says its however many lines you have X 16. then that number is converted into hex. im trying to get a frame data code with 15 lines of data to work(and yes that is excluding the first one). so i get 240 decimal which is 00F0 in hex. i put that in the first line, but that just freezes the game. does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

codfish92

Smash Ace
is there a code to make yoshi's final smash last forever???

also, if i use a player action modifier code, is there a way to make it affect one player. if the player action modifier is use and i have spot dodge does something only one character can do, if another character does it, will it freeze the game?

Top Bottom