• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

auroreon

Smash Ace
4A000000 90172E30
14YYYYYY XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000
Use to change order of names. Higher X values will put the name higher on the list.
Y is 0x0124*(name_number-1). The best way to determine the name_number is
at Data/Records/Group Records/pg. 4
Ok, well I figured out how to select the tag I want to move, the problem is that whatever value I put for X, it just moves the name to the bottom of the list. I tried FFFFFFFF, 00000000, 00000001 and other random values... everything I put makes the tags go to the bottom of the list.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
is there a code to have zelda/sheik loaded during the match so the transformation will be almost instant, like in melee?
Short answer, no

Long answer, Brawl doesn't load the other character from the disk until you tell it you want to change. So no codding can make it go faster.

When I pick the green sleepy hat Jigglypuff, my Wii freezes.
Anything I can do about this? =(
I don't have texture hacks on it.
Not to insult your intelligence or anything, but my friend told me the same thing and when I checked his SD card he DID have a texture on sleep hat Jigs. I would double check purin02.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
is there a code to have zelda/sheik loaded during the match so the transformation will be almost instant, like in melee?
instan transformation

04FC37F8 0C050100
04FC3888 0C050100
04FC38B0 0C050100

press left taunt to transform almost instantly
bowser>giga bowser(may do final smash animation)
wario>warioman(may do final smash animation)
zelda>shiek
samus>zss
and vica versa
sry does not work for pt

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
You can have textures for sleep hat jiggz. The texture just has to have been made on the sleep hat model. Jigglypuff has 4 seperate character models:

Naked Jiggz and Flower jiggz are the same model.
Trainer Hat Jiggz
Sunhat Jiggz
Nightcap/Sleepy hat Jiggz

codfish92

Smash Ace
Ok, well I figured out how to select the tag I want to move, the problem is that whatever value I put for X, it just moves the name to the bottom of the list. I tried FFFFFFFF, 00000000, 00000001 and other random values... everything I put makes the tags go to the bottom of the list.
spundit would no more, however you could bypass this by using the code multiple times on the other names. that would move them to the bottom and eventually put ur name on top.

Onyx Leo

Smash Cadet
You won't be able to have custom stages with texture hacks with the early version of the code, use the new file patch code and turn off disable custom stages, that will let you use the custom stages(might freeze, but it hasn't happened to me yet). the long replay code will be in the code thread(second post most likely).

to ur naming issue, yes and no. The .GCT must be named RSBE01 for gecko os to read it. however, the actual name for the code can be whatever you want it to be. i have long replays code named "thank you jesus(and coder)". the hex just needs to be in there and it will work
Thanks a lot! Everything worked! XD

T_T

Smash Cadet
Is there a code that allows dash attack cancelling possible for more characters? Same for glide tossing. These are too actually useful advanced techniques unique to brawl, but they don't work for many characters <_<

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Not to insult your intelligence or anything, but my friend told me the same thing and when I checked his SD card he DID have a texture on sleep hat Jigs. I would double check purin02.
I did have one on it, but I took it off a while ago.
I checked and it still doesn't have one.

MarioFan302

Smash Rookie
Is there a code that will let you switch costumes with team battles? If not, would it be hard to make one?

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I have the PAL version of brawl. Can someone give me the Gecko OS codes to turn of tripping and remove the replay time limit. And maybe a link to how to actually use the codes? Thanks.

codfish92

Smash Ace
I have the PAL version of brawl. Can someone give me the Gecko OS codes to turn of tripping and remove the replay time limit. And maybe a link to how to actually use the codes? Thanks.
you can find gecko os at the wiird site and on google. check paprika killers PAL code thread for the codes you want. you will also need a code manager(1.2 is a good one). name the file once you have all the codes you want RSB?01(? will vary on region). put that .gct in the codes folder on the root of your sd card and ur good to go.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Hey there! Can anyone send me a good guide on how to mod music so I can either choose which brawl songs to have on which stage or have my own mp3s on each stage?

Also a guide on texture swapping for both characters and stages. Thank you!

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I have a small problem. I am on PAL and followed the instructions for getting texture swaps in the main guide by Falco someone (a smash elitist) but when I load the gct via gecko os but the textures never work. I spent a while configuring the textures but I don't see them in the game. I think there's something wrong with the GCT. What do I do?

codfish92

Smash Ace
I have a small problem. I am on PAL and followed the instructions for getting texture swaps in the main guide by Falco someone (a smash elitist) but when I load the gct via gecko os but the textures never work. I spent a while configuring the textures but I don't see them in the game. I think there's something wrong with the GCT. What do I do?
ur probaly using an NSTC code for a PAL game, ur ganna have to use the PAL version of the file replacment code to get textures. the code for music swaps has not been ported to PAL yet, so ur gonna have to wait on music hacks.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Is there a GCT with the official Brawl+ 4.1 codeset and the music replacement code that works?
just get the text file of brawl+ codeset and then put the file patch code in it. if there is no text file, but the codes are listed, you can manually put each code in a text file. it will take a while, but it will give you the desired effect.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
just get the text file of brawl+ codeset and then put the file patch code in it. if there is no text file, but the codes are listed, you can manually put each code in a text file. it will take a while, but it will give you the desired effect.
And where can I get the text file of the brawl + codeset?

ur probaly using an NSTC code for a PAL game, ur ganna have to use the PAL version of the file replacment code to get textures. the code for music swaps has not been ported to PAL yet, so ur gonna have to wait on music hacks.
Yep I'm using the Pal code. It even says SD files found and applying now, in Gecko

wangston

Smash Lord
I have to code for the default rules set to 3 stock, 8 min, team attack on, and handicap on.

I don't want handicap on and I always switch it off. It just seems weird to have it on and set to 0.

Is there a code that will have those default settings with handicap off?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
does anyone know where I can get the text file for the brawl plus codeset? And also where can I get the ubercrazy brawl hacks such as Bowser becomes Gigabowser at the start of a match or I can infinitely jump with any character?

codfish92

Smash Ace
does anyone know where I can get the text file for the brawl plus codeset? And also where can I get the ubercrazy brawl hacks such as Bowser becomes Gigabowser at the start of a match or I can infinitely jump with any character?
check the pal code thread, i don't know those codes for PAL. ur looking for a charcter id code and an infinte jump enabler and infinte jump player x

codfish92

Smash Ace
I have to code for the default rules set to 3 stock, 8 min, team attack on, and handicap on.

I don't want handicap on and I always switch it off. It just seems weird to have it on and set to 0.

Is there a code that will have those default settings with handicap off?
24494A98 80000000
20523300 00000000
04523300 DEADBEEF
42000000 90000000
0417F360 00000108
0417F364 03000A00
0417F368 08010101
0417F36C 01000000
E0000000 80008000

that should do it

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Whoever said textures being in the gct file, um what? Textures aren't in the gct file. They're in seperate folders on the sd card. With the latest file replacement code, it's:

( X: )private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/fighter/(character's name like it is on the disc)/Fit(character name like it is on the disc)(color number).pcs (or pac)

replace X with whatever drive the sd card is in the computer (mine is usually F)

Note: if the color number is say, 02, then it won't necessarily be their third color (00 is first color).

color 02 might be their last color, or fourth, or second, etc. just go to the texture guides, really.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Brawl hack questions

I send this message to Illinialex24 on SWF but perhaps you also have an answer (cos he's not online now):

I've been sent to you by many people claiming that you're the one I need. Recently I installed the Homebrew with the latest Gecko OS and I managed to get the latest Brawl plus and I admit that I'm happy with it. I also got the Homebrew browser and got two applications that enabled me to get the Brawl plus hacks plus several good hacks such as allow to brawl with only player one. However I also tried to get textures and followed both your and Falco400's guide but after many different attempts I ****ing failed miserably :(:(. I don't know what to do. I check many times to make sure I put my downloaded textures in the RIGHt place and with the right name. I then used the Pal.txt link download from your vid and after that I used the code posted of the Original SWF thread but in the end of it all, I just failed. Basically I used the code manager for windows to import the txt into it and export it as a gct for pal. I named the file correctly and Gecko did recognise it. Gecko said that the SD files were found and it was applying them but in the end it just loaded up the normal brawl- which really upsetted me. This happened too many times. I don't know what to do!

Please help me.

Thanks

/post

codfish92

Smash Ace
Whoever said textures being in the gct file, um what? Textures aren't in the gct file. They're in seperate folders on the sd card. With the latest file replacement code, it's:

( X: )private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/fighter/(character's name like it is on the disc)/Fit(character name like it is on the disc)(color number).pcs (or pac)

replace X with whatever drive the sd card is in the computer (mine is usually F)

Note: if the color number is say, 02, then it won't necessarily be their third color (00 is first color).

color 02 might be their last color, or fourth, or second, etc. just go to the texture guides, really.
when they say put textures in the gct they mean the code that allows them to be used in the gct.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I don't know where to put this but since you guys know what your doing i'll guess ill ask here.
My dad bought a SD card but when we put it in the Wii it works for everything except Brawl. Now my dad says "all SD cards are the same" but i'm wondering if this is true (no offense to him). I have obviously seen people using SD cards with brawl so....yeah.
Is there something you have to do with it first?
If this isn't the right place please tell me where to go.
Ok, it's a PNY Optima HC 4gigabite SD card.
And I know it's not the right place but I don't know where to ask

codfish92

Smash Ace
I don't know where to put this but since you guys know what your doing i'll guess ill ask here.
My dad bought a SD card but when we put it in the Wii it works for everything except Brawl. Now my dad says "all SD cards are the same" but i'm wondering if this is true (no offense to him). I have obviously seen people using SD cards with brawl so....yeah.
Is there something you have to do with it first?
If this isn't the right place please tell me where to go.
if it's an SDHC card, it won't work with brawl. brawl only reads SD cards. The maximum size for SD cards is 2 gigs(maybe a 4 but not very likely). make sure it is an SD card and not an SDHC card.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
if it's an SDHC card, it won't work with brawl. brawl only reads SD cards. The maximum size for SD cards is 2 gigs(maybe a 4 but not very likely). make sure it is an SD card and not an SDHC card.
There we go. Thank you.
*sigh* So I have to buy a new one after me chipping in?
>.>

T_T

Smash Cadet
Is there a code that allows dash attack cancelling possible for more characters? Same for glide tossing. These are too actually useful advanced techniques unique to brawl, but they don't work for many characters <_<
A yes no answer would be sufficient....

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I need a text file for Doctor Mario (moveset) and Dark Samus (moveset again)
I cannot find these anywhere. Help would greatly be appreciated.

Top Bottom