• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

camzy

Smash Journeyman
hey just a quick question. To get a custom pic with the chacracter textures, do I need to put the TARGA file in and name it the same as the tecture file, ie FitFox00. Just wonderd cuz im getting alot of targa files with my textures and just dont know how to format them.
You're way off.

You need to CUPASH it or Brawlbox. Look it up.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
just wondering. i used a couple tohou songs from the big database of songs we have here on the workshop and a few of them keep having issues like going static then changing to another random song tahts not even on the same level as the song. my SD card is basicaly full, was wonderin if maybe taht was causing the problem or if it was just the files were bad.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Okay, probably something easy for all the mastermind hackers here but I can't seem to find an answer.

I updated my wii, :sadface:, and I want to know what to do in order for me to use all of the hacks without bricking it. Is there a certain program I need?

Also, is there a place to go for REALLY noobish hackers to learn how to start?

LSDX

Wah!
just wondering. i used a couple tohou songs from the big database of songs we have here on the workshop and a few of them keep having issues like going static then changing to another random song tahts not even on the same level as the song. my SD card is basicaly full, was wonderin if maybe taht was causing the problem or if it was just the files were bad.
We have Touhou songs here?! I've checked the music threads and found nothing, can you post the links to the mediafire/megaupload/rapidshare/etc. downloads please?
:bowser:

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Okay, probably something easy for all the mastermind hackers here but I can't seem to find an answer.

I updated my wii, :sadface:, and I want to know what to do in order for me to use all of the hacks without bricking it. Is there a certain program I need?

Also, is there a place to go for REALLY noobish hackers to learn how to start?
There's nothing wrong with updating if you haven't hacked your wii at all.

Look up how to install homebrew channel or how to use stack smash to get hacks.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
We have Touhou songs here?! I've checked the music threads and found nothing, can you post the links to the mediafire/megaupload/rapidshare/etc. downloads please?
Dude, there's a HORDE of Touhou songs in the CMH

LSDX

Wah!
Does anyone know the files used to hack the text under the character battle portraits? I know it's not in the common5, and I know there are separate files for the picture for the CBP, so what files are used for the text under the image?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Does anyone know the files used to hack the text under the character battle portraits? I know it's not in the common5, and I know there are separate files for the picture for the CBP, so what files are used for the text under the image?

It's common 5 * just looked there* it's under sc_selcharacter_en part of it in either Misc data 30 or 70 but i'd try 70 first i don't quite understand what else you're asking rephrase it please?

LSDX

Wah!
It's common 5 * just looked there* it's under sc_selcharacter_en part of it in either Misc data 30 or 70 but i'd try 70 first i don't quite understand what else you're asking rephrase it please?
Are you sure? That might be the CSS portrait name.

I'm looking for the files that can be edited to edit the names under the CBP in the in-battle HUD.

LSDX

Wah!
I do remember it's one of those 2 but i'd try them both one at a time to see
Those two name files only correspond to the CSS. I want to know where the file is that corresponds to text regarding in-battle stuff like how CBP's have their own files.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Those two name files only correspond to the CSS. I want to know where the file is that corresponds to text regarding in-battle stuff like how CBP's have their own files.
Give me a few to dig through a few files that might have them i thought the battle text would be in one of those 2 since the roy pack makes you replace the text under the CSB but i guess i was wrong

Edit: try checking all of misc data 70 towards the end there were character names as you can guess i'm looking up and down through the common5 first

Editedit:looked though the common 5 and the 2 places i mentioned seemed to be the most likely and usually common5 dictates alot of things but if those 2 don't work look at the roy pack and you might get your answer in there getting off for good luck getting your answer

Uwakimono

Smash Rookie
Well, I guess since I finally found a relatively active, relatively accurate forum to ask this in:

Well, you know the "have all challenge data" code that was apparently done by eric?

42000000 90000000
0817CB68 02020202
201F0004 00000000

Yeah, that one, I think. This is undoubtedly a very simple question for someone who actually can do this stuff, but can I have a code that makes all the challenge data go away? So that none of them are done? I want to redo the challenges, but I don't want to just blow away all that I've done. There is no legit option to get rid of the challenge data by itself, but a code would be nice. Please?

EDIT: Oh, and also, sorry for not reading the whole thing if this was in there somewhere, but USBGecko used to have this great code list and now their site doesn't exist anymore. Does anyone have that original code list? I wouldn't ask except that recently I had to switch computers and kinda lost all my old files.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess since I finally found a relatively active, relatively accurate forum to ask this in:

Well, you know the "have all challenge data" code that was apparently done by eric?

42000000 90000000
0817CB68 02020202
201F0004 00000000

Yeah, that one, I think. This is undoubtedly a very simple question for someone who actually can do this stuff, but can I have a code that makes all the challenge data go away? So that none of them are done? I want to redo the challenges, but I don't want to just blow away all that I've done. There is no legit option to get rid of the challenge data by itself, but a code would be nice. Please?

EDIT: Oh, and also, sorry for not reading the whole thing if this was in there somewhere, but USBGecko used to have this great code list and now their site doesn't exist anymore. Does anyone have that original code list? I wouldn't ask except that recently I had to switch computers and kinda lost all my old files.
You can delete them from the game itself. You don't need a code. It's under options.

LSDX

Wah!
I'm using the code 'Rumble Falls -> Wi-Fi Waiting Room', along with putting a SSE stage onto it. Everything works fine in VS. Mode, but when I go to training mode, it doesn't go to the SSE stage, but instead Rumble Falls. Help anyone?

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I'm using the code 'Rumble Falls -> Wi-Fi Waiting Room', along with putting a SSE stage onto it. Everything works fine in VS. Mode, but when I go to training mode, it doesn't go to the SSE stage, but instead Rumble Falls. Help anyone?

I don't think it works in training mode. Why would you want to go there for training anyways?

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
I've searched here and in google but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for...
I've gotten .tga files with some textures and I'm not sure how to get them to work.

I've renamed one for example peach3_big.tga for FitPeach03.pcs but the portrait isn't changing...

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I've searched here and in google but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for...
I've gotten .tga files with some textures and I'm not sure how to get them to work.

I've renamed one for example peach3_big.tga for FitPeach03.pcs but the portrait isn't changing...
You need to CUPASH it or Brawlbox it. It's much more work than textures. Look up how to do both and you've practically learned everything there is to know about Brawl hacking outside of creating new codes.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I used brawlbox and edited several portraits and saved common5.pac which is in the system folder. When I tried to get to the character select screen the game freezes... did I do something wrong?

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
So I heard you can move brawl save files with hax.
My wii is racist and it freezes at some part of SSE so I cant finish it, and I dont feel like playing 400 matches.
Does anyone know anything about this?

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I used brawlbox and edited several portraits and saved common5.pac which is in the system folder. When I tried to get to the character select screen the game freezes... did I do something wrong?
I'm not sure why it freezes, but I can't edit the common5 file without it freezing either. I guess the file isn't compatible or you've used too many colours or something like that.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
My wii is racist and it freezes at some part of SSE so I cant finish it, and I dont feel like playing 400 matches.
I'm not sure why it would be freezing but I know an easy way to get through 400 matches.

Set up a special brawl. Stamina, flower on head, and fast. Then set your stamina to 1 and stage select on random. The game will end as soon as it starts. Repeat 400 times, which should take about a hour if done consecutively.

Uwakimono

Smash Rookie
You can delete them from the game itself. You don't need a code. It's under options.
I thought that you couldn't delete JUST the challenge data. Can you? I guess I failed at looking, huh.

EDIT: No, I was right, you can't delete the challenge data along. I'm sure that deleting everything would delete the challenge data, but that's not what I want to do.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I believe it'll freeze if you leave the pinkish color on it if you put it in brawlbox and save it i remember it's used for something in CUPASH but i've never used it though and there's a indexed color limit for CSP's which is found here on the side of the video description

Certain codes make the wii crash during SSE sometimes try taking some codes off and see what happens

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I tried searching for this, but the search function kept going to a white screen and wouldn't yield any results, not even a 'Your search could not be completed/no results found' page. So...

Is there a way to tell the 'Team Battle' to either completely ignore forced textures, or a way to switch which texture is used?

For an example, I've swapped Link for Zero, but Link's Green team is stuck calling upon FitLink00 and that's fine and dandy for him, but now that it's Zero, his main color is Red. I don't want to work around it, but I will, but I was wondering if there was a code or a flag I could change to call upon a different color?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
I tried searching for this, but the search function kept going to a white screen and wouldn't yield any results, not even a 'Your search could not be completed/no results found' page. So...

Is there a way to tell the 'Team Battle' to either completely ignore forced textures, or a way to switch which texture is used?

For an example, I've swapped Link for Zero, but Link's Green team is stuck calling upon FitLink00 and that's fine and dandy for him, but now that it's Zero, his main color is Red. I don't want to work around it, but I will, but I was wondering if there was a code or a flag I could change to call upon a different color?
you can use a button activated costume id code.

I was able to compile a code for that in various controllers

GC http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7896072&postcount=230

Wii mote and chuck http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7912372&postcount=231

Classic http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7945643&postcount=233

I don't know if there is a flag you could put in to the game.

Zodiac

Smash Master
3D Smash Machinima

I have an idea, read on and prepeare.

As some of you may or may not know youtube has a new 3d feature that allows you to view their videos in 3D ina variety of ways.

Observe

If you dont have the 3d glasses have no fear, there is a way to veiw 3d without glasses by crossing your eyes and merging the two images into one, this takes a little practice and frankly I dont reccomend doing it for an extended period of time, it hurts. Im making a pair of 3d glasses so I don't have to deal with it.

Now that you've been introduced to youtube's 3D feature allow me to explain my idea, This idea is 3D Smash Machinima, if you dont know what machinima is then the easiest way to explain it would be this and this Movies made with video games, machine cinema, its actually quite popular.

I myself make machinima and Im always looking to take it to the next level, and that next level is 3D, I've been trying several different methods of doing this but the way real 3D is filmed is hard to replicate with current camera hacks available, in facts its **** near impossible. but 3D in machinima can be done, as seen here in Jpeals 3d test. HERE

But for actual machinima and getting the right angles its much harder, To understand that you must understand how real 3d works.

two cameras are set side by side as if looking through a pair of eyes and are synched up perfectly when they record, so when you watch 3D what your seeing is the same image at slighty different angles. When editing together a 3d video you take those 2 synched peices of footage and set them side by side in a video editing program. you take the right "eye" footage and place it on the left and the left "eye" footage and place it one the right and when it uploads youtube automatically provide's the 3d glasses format rather than the crosseye method. But in Smash machinima you cant have two cameras going at once, so you have to film the same shot twice at different angles. Heres the hard part.

Since every time you pause the camera to reposistion it focus's on the character who controller port your plugged into so getting the exact same shot at a slighty different angle is well...near impossible, you can get close but its more effort then its worth, and using igglyboo's camera code doesnt get the job done either because it doesnt pan the correct direction to acheive 3d at certain angles, I was able to create THIS (use cross eye method to view in 3d) clip in 3d but thats about all I can do because I just kept it at the default angle of the camera when paused.

So now that i've explained I request a modifed version of the game pause camera code that doesnt move when you pause and doesnt refocus on the character is control port is plugged into, that kind of code would allow machinimators film in 3D and make their machinima a lot more freakin awesome.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i heard that to play regular brawl with texture hacks, one needs a certain gct code? i would like to request a code that would let me play regular brawl with texture hacks, custom music etc :D

any help would be appreciated

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Hey, can someone quickly pm me (Or put below) the remove sandbag code? i have searched for hours now, and im so fed up with it!
pls help! thanks!

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Is their a button modifier I can use on the Results Screen? I'd like to change the Z button to the A button and avoid not saving replays.

Has someone actually suggested thus already, out of curiosity?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I request a code to automatically save replays after matches.
not excatly it but close enough
Code:
Disable Exiting Result Screen until Replay is Saved [NTSC-USA] Y.S.

C20F4560 00000002
38800001 90820000
60000000 00000000
040EB844 5400A7FE
040EB850 5403A03E
040EB868 5400A7FE
040EB874 5400A7FE
040E8040 4E800020
205A9320 00000001
040EB844 5400E7FE
040EB850 54030422
040EB868 540057FE