• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

bmaster77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bobatapioca
Can someone post up their codeset .gct file

that contains:

Custom Music
Textures
Custom Shields
Custom Character Select Screen (Brawl+ look)
Custom Camera
Unlimited Replay
Preset Rules (3stock etc.)

Thanks!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you realize that if we had custom music and textures in there, we'd also have to post the x: private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/fighter/(character)/ and pf/sound/strm/ folders too?

I'm just too lazy to post mine. It's not that hard to add textures or set up your sd card D:

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So for some reason when I play vbrawl with texture hacks I have some problem with stages like rainbow cruise not moving at all and pokemon stadium 1 doesn't transform. I do not have this problem with brawl+.

Anyone have a solution?

bmaster77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bobatapioca
you realize that if we had custom music and textures in there, we'd also have to post the x: private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/fighter/(character)/ and pf/sound/strm/ folders too?

I'm just too lazy to post mine. It's not that hard to add textures or set up your sd card D:
i just want the gct file i have my own texture stuffs already :)

Onyx Leo

Smash Cadet
Hey, my Winrar is acting up. o_O For some reason it MAKES me extract every zip folder through it... I just want to use it for textures and it's really getting on my nerves when I want to download an MMO or something and then I have to go through all the steps of manually extracting everything, creating folders etc etc... Help?

EDIT: Resolved on this page

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
I've got this dumb problem with my Wii now:

I can't turn it on while my SD card is inside of it....the screen just stays pitch black. I had this problem a week ago because Bootmii would turn pitch black if I tried clicking the Open Homebrew through Bootmii so I ended up removing bootmii from my SD card and all was well.

Fast forward to this week and the problem has spread past bootmii. I can't turn on my Wii and have it show ANYTHING at all (just pitch dark black when I startup).

I can however...take out my SD card and then turn on my Wii just fine and dandy to play whatever I want...and even open my Homebrew. Which led me to doing that before shoving in my SD card after it all starts up....but when I load GeckoOS to turn on my Brawl+ I get a Fatal Error and it says something about a Code Dump on the last paragraph of the jargon with numbers below it.

I can't turn on my Wii with my SD card anymore...and I can no longer load Brawl+

Lately Brawl+ has been giving me a pain in the *** non-stop about everything lately. Including the game randomly freezing and crud.

My Wii is 4.1U
My Homebrew channel is 1.9.2b I think (I just downloaded I think a version off of the Homebrew Update Channel thingy...which actually caused the fatal errors I believe)

Bootmii is off since it was being weak sauce also but the same problem has now spread over the time span of a week.

Hope that was enough information to get some answers here.
char10 times 2

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
where do I put the file to replace the straploader, and what do I name the file?(is it en_strap?)

Emperor Bohe

Smash Rookie
is there an infinite jump code for the us version of the game? also, what is there a code for a css to have the alloys and such?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
char10 times 2
Your Bootmii is probably older than the newest version of homebrew. Go inside your SD card, delete the bootmii folder, and the apps/GeckoOS folder if that's acting up (there's a new version out, you'll probably want it.) Now, download the Hackmii Installer v. .06 I believe; the one that came out last week or so at bootmii.org. Go to the HBC through the System Menu (not Bootmii - you shouldn't have that option anyway, since you deleted the folder) and launch the Hackmii Installer. Go past the warranty screen and hit "Prep SD for Bootmii" or something similar. Then install Bootmii as boot2.

The newest version of gecko can be found here: http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,4375.0.html.

Hope that helped!

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
ok quick question. not sure if this has been asked before but:

the 256 line code break thing. does that just allow a longer code? or does it allow you to turn on as many codes as you want?

help would be appreciated!

Onyx Leo

Smash Cadet
Okay, new question. >< You know that master list of all the CPS character color limit that Kittykorp made? Well I can't access them since I don't have XP Proffesional. >< Is there a program like Office Outlook I could use, or another list somewhere? Thanks..

EDIT: Also I can't seem to find the.pacs of all the characters for Cupash. >_>

EDIT: Resolved on 171

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Can someone post up their codeset .gct file

that contains:

Custom Music
Textures
Custom Shields
Custom Character Select Screen (Brawl+ look)
Custom Camera
Unlimited Replay
Preset Rules (3stock etc.)

Thanks!
Well, what you can do is, go to brawlplus.net, download their .gct, then go over to the GCTEdit thread (in this forum somewhere) and download that. Then launch GCT Edit, open up the .gct file, and save it as a text file (.txt). I assume you have Cheat Manager, so open that up and open up the previously made text file with Chat Manager. Now you can pick and choose which ones you want (and all of the codes you requested are in the brawl+ codeset, I believe).

edit: Found (well, edited an existing code) the code for vBrawl Default Tourney Settings (3 stock, 8min, Team Attack On)
Code:
vbrawl Default Settings Modifier[Igglyboo, Brkirch, and FMK] 
24494A98 80000000
20523300 00000000
04523300 DEADBEEF
42000000 90000000
0417F360 00000104
0417F364 03020A00
0417F368 08010101
0417F36C 01000000
E0000000 80008000

2edits: Well, I just went in and decided to make you one. I hope it works! http://www.mediafire.com/?omkwqlt5jlm

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Your Bootmii is probably older than the newest version of homebrew. Go inside your SD card, delete the bootmii folder, and the apps/GeckoOS folder if that's acting up (there's a new version out, you'll probably want it.) Now, download the Hackmii Installer v. .06 I believe; the one that came out last week or so at bootmii.org. Go to the HBC through the System Menu (not Bootmii - you shouldn't have that option anyway, since you deleted the folder) and launch the Hackmii Installer. Go past the warranty screen and hit "Prep SD for Bootmii" or something similar. Then install Bootmii as boot2.

The newest version of gecko can be found here: http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,4375.0.html.

Hope that helped!

I'm reaaaaaaaally not sure if I bricked my Wii. The sh*t doesn't even turn on anymore. It's just pitch black. With or without my SD card in it aynmore.

It was a gradual deterioration to the way it is now....with one thing ****ing up after another. I can't even turn on my Wii anymore. It makes all the sounds of a Wii turning on...from a physical outter perspective...but the screen doesn't flicker like most consoles do when you turn the power on while the TV is on before you see the start up screen...it just stays PITCH MOTHER F**KING BLACK.

I dunno anymore. I'd make a video of how it looks like with my Dazzle...but it's just pitch black...you can imagine that can't you? :(
No need...I don't know what to do. Is this what a bricked Wii looks like?

I didn't even download System 4.2
I give up ... I dunno. Any last advice?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Maybe your wii is just ****ting on you. Nintendo didn't make it perfectly...

i would just send it in to get repaired..

OH CRAP if you can't turn it on, you can't remove homebrew.... D:

Looks like you'll have to buy a new Wii, dude.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Update:

Gardevior you're a sinfully delicious diabolical genius. It ended up that my Video Distribution amplifier crapped out on me for a few hours and wouldn't work (both my Wii and my VDA are working again) but it fixed itself after repeated attempts to turn the VDA on...it just needed to rest or something since it was over heated. I plugged my Wii straight into the TV instead of the VDA and it turned on.

HOWEVER, I still have a problem with opening Brawl+

I believe everything in my Wii was up to date...newest Homebrew and Gecko....(Re-installed BootMii but ... if I have my SD card in my Wii before I turn it on...the **** thing stays black).

I created about a 2 minute video with my Dazzle to show whats up....located here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d5odedyaoo

Gardevior

Smash Lord
The newest one is 1.9.3, which fixes all of the myriad bugs that 1.9.2b had.

Though, sadly, I'm not sure this is one of them. I got this same error earlier today, actually, with HBC and gecko up to date. This is how I fixed it:
I launched homebrew channel and waited 15~45 seconds before booting Gecko. Then it worked perfectly. If updating to 1.9.3 doesn't fix your error, try that. (Waiting for Brawl+ is better than not playing it, IMO).
Yeah.

I'm more interested in the bootmii error. Did you install it as an IOS or boot2?

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
For Bootmii...it won't load because I can't insert my SD card in my Wii at all until it brings the Warning "Please press A to continue" screen that your Wii starts with...otherwise i get blackness...which is actually pretty strange for what file could be causing having an SD card in your Wii to not even load at all...anyway.

Gecko 1.9.3 is no longer available from that download link you gave. Do you have an alternative download? I hope this fixes it....must...knee....people......

Gardevior

Smash Lord
For Bootmii...it won't load because I can't insert my SD card in my Wii at all until it brings the Warning "Please press A to continue" screen that your Wii starts with...otherwise i get blackness...which is actually pretty strange for what file could be causing having an SD card in your Wii to not even load at all...anyway.
Weird. Well, you could try installing Preloader, which I do not suggest, since you probably modified your ISOs with WADManager and Preloader doesn't like it when you do that.
Gecko 1.9.3 is no longer available from that download link you gave. Do you have an alternative download? I hope this fixes it....must...knee....people......
Huh, I wonder why they took it down since yesterday. Here, just take mine: http://www.mediafire.com/?kmdjnmutenm

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Weird. Well, you could try installing Preloader, which I do not suggest, since you probably modified your ISOs with WADManager and Preloader doesn't like it when you do that.
Huh, I wonder why they took it down since yesterday. Here, just take mine: http://www.mediafire.com/?kmdjnmutenm
Omg, totally worked man thanks.

I even was able to turn on my Wii with my SD card inside of it (although since I re-installed BootMii...that didn't pop up like it usually does....)

Whatever...time to knee people in the face :)

∫unk

Smash Master
how do u change the waddle dee and waddle doo textures?

i have private/blahblahblah/dedede and have textures for dedede i just can't figure out how to change the colors of my waddle dees, waddle doos and gordos

Onyx Leo

Smash Cadet
Okay, new question. >< You know that master list of all the CPS character color limit that Kittykorp made? Well I can't access them since I don't have XP Proffesional. >< Is there a program like Office Outlook I could use, or another list somewhere? Thanks..

EDIT: Also I can't seem to find the.pacs of all the characters for Cupash. >_>
OKAY, I got the character pack (video I watched called it something else so I didn't really know it was Common5. >_>) Anyway, My Cupash is supposed to come with 2 folders right? Well I don't get them. None of the guides say I'm supposed to create them... Am I supposed too? Please help. >_>

EDIT: Resolved on page 171

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
how do u change the waddle dee and waddle doo textures?

i have private/blahblahblah/dedede and have textures for dedede i just can't figure out how to change the colors of my waddle dees, waddle doos and gordos
There is an effect hack for them called FitDededeMotionEtc.pac or something, you can find the texture on Kittycorp.

Onyx Leo

Smash Cadet
OKAY, I got the character pack (video I watched called it something else so I didn't really know it was Common5. >_>) Anyway, My Cupash is supposed to come with 2 folders right? Well I don't get them. None of the guides say I'm supposed to create them... Am I supposed too? Please help. >_>

OKAY, FINALLY! Turns out Jzip is crap seeing as it can't make folders, THAT'S why nothing worked. I wasn't getting half the files I needed. ><

*drop kicks SymphonicSage12* LIEZ. @_@

∫unk

Smash Master
okay thank you i got it :)

so im on a mac and i can't do music stuff... i was wondering if someone could change 12 tracks for me (3 for the menu and each of the neutrals). the songs themselves are from the game so not too much work required.

i have my gct and code in text file that i could send through aim or upload it i just can't change the songs cause i have a mac :(

i also have what tracks i want written out in a text file... what tracks they're replacing doesnt really matter since i'll only use those for those stages :p

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
dont feel bad, i got a mac too. get a copy of a pc virtual computer and you can be doing many things. I use parallel desktops to handle my brawl stuff. You'll need a windows installer disc.

yes i'm suggesting piracy, but that's your choice. i already own a PC so kudos to me :) any more questions relating to my reply, PM me.

DaButcher

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to run Brawl off of an SD card? I mean, you don't use the disk and the Brawl files would all be on the SD card. I think I've read something about this before, but I can't be certain.

And if it is possible, can you post a link? My disk drive just broke on the Wii today so disks aren't really an option.

freezinboi280

Smash Cadet
Alloys seem to keep freezing my game when I select a 4 player match, but it doesnt crash the game when I select it on a 2 player match. Could I have done something wrong with my codes? It was working before from what I remember.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Is it possible to run Brawl off of an SD card? I mean, you don't use the disk and the Brawl files would all be on the SD card. I think I've read something about this before, but I can't be certain.

And if it is possible, can you post a link? My disk drive just broke on the Wii today so disks aren't really an option.
It almost always requires piracy, but it is possible to play wii ISOs with CoverFloader. If you can make a backup copy of your own Brawl disc (ie, legal way), you'd be good.

I won't link to more information because I'm not too familiar with smashboards rules.

DaButcher

Smash Cadet
It almost always requires piracy, but it is possible to play wii ISOs with CoverFloader. If you can make a backup copy of your own Brawl disc (ie, legal way), you'd be good.

I won't link to more information because I'm not too familiar with smashboards rules.
Sounds good. Thanks! That's probably all the information I need.

Top Bottom