• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
Updated my code thanks to windowl.

No special fall after glide attack [Standardtoaster]
04FB31E0 0000000F

Updated it again! :p

No special fall after glide attack or end[Standardtoaster]
04FB31E0 0000000F
04FB3240 0000000F
The code doesnt work on Dolphin. Any reason why that might be?

SlyPojo

Smash Rookie
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has created a code for infinite jumps that works with Project M?

I did a quick experiment and appended the PM codes with the infinite jump codes right before the footer of the PM codes. That enabled the infinite jumps just fine and dandy, but if the player gets hit while in the air or hits someone else while in the air, the player can then only perform one more double jump before falling back to the ground. After landing, the infinite jumps are restored, but so does the giving/receiving an attack problem.

Could the infinite jumps code be conflicting with the PM codes somewhere? Is this just a common error for people trying to use the infinite jumps code? Does anyone have a better method for going about this already completed?

My overall goal is just to be able to have aerial battles with PM physics and gameplay.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

sniper6133

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, can someone make a map code which allows only the 4 maps.
Final Destination
Battlefield
Delfino Plaza
Smashville

Thanks!

Limeee

Smash Champion
my game keeps freezing at stage select :(
im using the smashstack method (no homebrew) and the only things i have on the root of my sd card are:
codes
private
boot.elf

i watched a video and it told me to delete the bin file inside st (deep inside private) and now nothing happens at stage creator :(

i put the file back and now i dont know what to do :/ i guess i could just set stage select to random but that wont work for tournaments :(

:009:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You need to use a codeset with the no custom stages code. You will launch stuff from the stage builder like normal and then it will load the codeset with custom stages off. This way it no longer reads that custom stage.

Limeee

Smash Champion
thank you that makes so much sense

where could i find that code? im guessing here cuz this is the code request thread haha

and also where can i find the official code manager or cheat manager i looked at the OP and its a megaupload link

:009:

EDIT: i think i found the code
Disable Custom Stages v1.1: [Phantom Wings]
046B841C 48000040

that look right?

EDIT2: someone literally just posted code manager

excuse me for being a scrub

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'd like a code where if Trainer-less Pokémon and the Alloys break a Smash Ball nothing happens (but I still want Pokémon Trainer be allowed to use his Final Smash)

Latch

Smash Apprentice
This seems like the best place to ask this, so...

How do I change the default match settings (2 minute to 3-stock, etc.)? Is it a code deal? I know that Project M and Brawl- and Brawl+ etc. all have the default match settings changed, so I know that it's possible.

Lucavi

Smash Rookie
Is there a code to swap Kirby's copy abilities?

For example, if Kirby were to eat Olimar he would end up with Ike's ability and costume. I swear I've seen it before but I searched through this thread and didn't see it.

Lucavi

Smash Rookie
This seems like the best place to ask this, so...

How do I change the default match settings (2 minute to 3-stock, etc.)? Is it a code deal? I know that Project M and Brawl- and Brawl+ etc. all have the default match settings changed, so I know that it's possible.
Here ya go:
Default Settings Modifier Tutorial

:) :) :)
Is there a code to swap Kirby's copy abilities?

For example, if Kirby were to eat Olimar he would end up with Ike's ability and costume. I swear I've seen it before but I searched through this thread and didn't see it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Pardon me~

Can anyone tell me how to hack without homebrew? I've seen hacks like project: M do it. The thing is I don't want to change the entire game like project m. I just want to add a few textures. If anyone can tell me which files to remove from project: M so that it only utilize added textures that'd be cool too.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You can remove every file in private/wii/app/rsbe/ except for the st folder. Every other folder there are Project M specific files. The file in the st folder is what allows Gecko OS to run when you go to the stage builder.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, would it be possible to make a code that adds a visible combo counter outside of training mode? Even if it's just numbers in the corner or something (actually, I'd kinda prefer something non-intrusive like that)?

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is going on with the CSS codes that have to do with Alloys, Wario Man, Giga Bowser, and the 'independent' Pokémon?

I've noticed that every last value for these 'extra' characters is 'base' + 40 (where 'base' is the character whose image appears on the CSS for that one, like Mario for Yellow Alloy). Is there something about this bit that causes the game to load the alternate character?

One thing I've been working at the most is trying to give the Alloys their own select screen icons and images, as if to make them truly part of the cast. Maybe if I had an understanding of how the codes to select them work, I might be able to see what needs to be done in common5 to make at least this much happen.

SBR93

Smash Rookie
Is there any code that makes you unlock the additional rules and random stage selecter?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
had to figure it out myself, thanks for making me wait for a week. dead community...
What an entitled little prick.

Anywho, I have a question that doesn't need an immeadiate answer. What do .pac files do? Are they important enough to warrant using them on every single character (barring the ones who need them, like Sheik, Zelda, Samus, etc)? Like when I'm throwing the textures on there, do I always need the .pac?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Another notable thing, when you play on wifi, textures wont show up on your opponent unless you have the pac file OR you are using the same color and character.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Could someone link me somewhere where I can get a code that unlocks everything in brawl that I can run just through an SD card (no home brew).

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask ^^;

Anyways, suppose I have custom music and I save the replay with that music. If I send the replay to someone, will the replay have normal music playing for them? Or would the game desync or something? (Assuming they don't have the same BRSTM)

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Oh god me and silly, inquisitive mind XD

Anyways... If I remove my SD Card from my Wii while the game is on, will the game crash and/or will the codes still work?
(Codes like custom music, infinite replay time limit, colored shields, things like that =P)

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone actually understand the 'Giga and Company Engine' code enough to break down exactly what it does?

Giga and Company Engine V2

C2684964 00000013 (I know this is an ASM replacer, saying the next 19 lines are to be treated as ASM)
881400B8 2C00003F
41A00088 2C030010
40A20008 38600011
2C030026 40A20008
38600012 2C03001D
40A20008 3860001E
2C03001F 40A20008
38600020 2C030021
40A20008 38600022
2C03000C 40A20008
3860002C 2C030017
40A20008 3860002D
2C03000A 40A20008
3860002E 2C03000E
40A20008 3860002F
2C030000 40A20008
38600030 2C030006
40A20008 38600031
987400B8 00000000

In the area I'm concerned about (the Alloys), these instructions seem to repeat themselves:

2C03000A (0A is Falcon's character modifier value*)
40A20008 (Unknown instruction)
3860002E (2E is Red Alloy's value)

2C03000E
40A20008 (These instructions are the same for Zelda and Blue Alloy)
3860002F

(Repeat for Yellow/Green/Giga Bowser/Warioman and Mario/Kirby/Bowser/Wario)

Note that in the Custom CSS code, the Alloys are 40, 46, 4A and 4E, corresponding exactly to Mario, Kirby, Falcon and Zelda, only with the 2nd most significant bit ($40) flipped. In fact, this bit is flipped for every 'extra' character when using the CSS code. I know this means something, but I'm not quite sure what yet.

I'm tempted to just start doing minor mods to my .gct and seeing what happens (remembering exactly what I've changed and keeping a backup in case I get a freeze).

At the moment, I've downloaded the 'smaller' common5.pac, and added:

- MiscData[63] to chr_bust_tex_lz77 with Blue Alloy 128x120 CSP and palette,
- MenSelchrChrNm.621 (Blue Alloy CSP name) to MiscData[30] (these numbers seem one lower than other places, so following the pattern),
- MenSelchrChrFace.063 (Blue Alloy select box image), and
- MenSelchrChrNmS.063 (Blue Alloy select box name) to MiscData[70].

Then, I've edited my 'Custom CSS V2' code in the GCT and changed the 4E (Blue Alloy with Zelda's CSS info) to 2F (Blue Alloy).

Edit: Upon loading the character select screen, my Blue Alloy spot was replaced with a 'Random' box. Upon trying to hover over it, the game let out the buzz of freezing.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I didn't know how/where to ask this, sorry if I did a bad thing.

is there a code for removing player tags/number??

like in Do the Mario

I'd be grateful if some one could post it or link me to where it is assuming it exists

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Asking for this again. Fun fact: This is the first time I've posted in this thread in a year.
Happy birthday, unanswered code request! :D
Happy SECOND birthday, unanswered code request!
To reiterate, I'd like a version of Phantom Wings' "World Wrap X2" code (seen here) that works EXCLUSIVELY on Mario Bros.

Alternately, if the reason for a lack of an answer is because it's impossible, I'd like a code that alters a few stats in the character files, specifically following these rules:
Attribute 0x018, 0x034, 0x040, 0x164:Set these to be same as Run Initial Velocity (Attribute 0x01C).
Attributes 0x13C-0x150 (Landing lag for fall and aerials): Set them all to 0.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
I made a request for this on the KCMM forums but I figured I would here too just to see if I can get some feedback on whether or not this is even possible.
I was wondering if anybody would be able to make a code that randomly loads different files for pokemon (the ones that spawn from the pokeball item) so that we could have a random chance of different pokemon mods spawning all at the same time.
I just noticed that there's been a lot of pokemon mods lately and most of them are on the same pokemon, so it would be cool if say sometimes when chikorita spawns they appear as shaymin and other times as leafeon or etc.
I figure it would work sort of in the way Dantarion's Alternate Stage loader works when it's set to randomly load multiple stages over one SSS slot, however it would instead randomly cycle through pokemon mods when they're spawned.
But anyway it's just an idea I thought would be neat, thanks to anyone who takes this into consideration.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
There isn't a way to modify that for other stats. It's just aerial attack landing lag.
So then what about a separate code that DOES modify stats instead of just events? I seriously don't want to manually go through each character's file and make manual modifications to the stats I mentioned. :l

Top Bottom