• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
I think C. Falcon should be placed in a lower tier. Many of his moves, such as the knee, have been nerfed (his knee seems to have a smaller hitbox now). L canceling helped his air game constantly, and it's non-existant in Brawl. An example of a move that depened on the former would be his air+ down a, which would have lag afterwards.

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
imma try to make a story using character names

So I Sonic-ed my snake after i noticed my lucas was trying to hump zero suit samus in the lucario

LOL

Christova

Smash Cadet
Ike was definitely the hero of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I've heard rumors that he loves Marth, though. I'm not sure. Maybe zero suit samus is better than samus, but I really don't know. I personally play King DeDeDe and Zelda and I'm pretty sure that they both belong in the high tier.

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
Another one:

After i realized that my zero suit samus was getting hurt in the link, I discovered that the diddy kong in my samus wasn't as healthy as the bowser upside my donkey kong

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
Ike was definitely the hero of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I've heard rumors that he loves Marth, though. I'm not sure. Maybe zero suit samus is better than samus, but I really don't know. I personally play King DeDeDe and Zelda and I'm pretty sure that they both belong in the high tier.
Did he happen to blow the jigglypuff in the game and watch after feeling up the peach in genitals of luigi only when pit flew down towards the *** of dedede

Zink

Smash Champion
ROB is super broken, thanks to camping and down smash. Wolf is still awesome, Ike as well, Lucario is kinda iffy as much as I like him. Sonic is pretty bad.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Meta Knight is good if for no other reason than that he is IMPOSSIBLE to approach with certain characters, not that any have a good time of it, and he has a lot of spammable moves, either for kills or for damage buliding.

Toon link might not have much too him, but it's hard to find much fault with him... he's better than his older counterpart in pretty much every respect at least.

Pit and Rob seem to have gay camping down to a science.

You'd think lucario would be amazing because he's about as hard to approach as metaknight sometimes and he can camp well as well... But I haven't found him to be near as big a threat.

Zelda Ike and Wario prove that heavy hitters do have a chance at being fairly good. I still can't find much of a downside to wario... sure he has crap range on a lot of moves, but that's not enough to make him bad.

ZSS seems to really require a lot of practice... I'm sure she's not terrible, but mmost of her moves are highly situational.... still at least she can't be gimped as easily as the other tether recoverers.

Luigi looks pretty good in my book ... especially in the air. Maybe not best, but good.

Sheik took a big neg all around... but, still isn't awful... I'd put he/she/it/sheik somewhere in the middle if only because of how well sheik does against big heavy characters.

Pokemon trainer is pretty bad if you use all three of his pokemon. Squirtle and Charizard are good, but ivysaur is way to easy to get around, unfortunately.

Sonic is bad too. He's probably not the worst character, and I like his dair MUCH better than ZSS's dair, but he just can't KO things well enough for me.

Jigglypuff took big hits in her playability... especially evident are the negs in her aerial manuevarability and aerial attack strength for everything but nair and fair.... poor jiggly I think she'll end up really low.

Link.... oh, just makes me so mad.... there is no way that cell shaded version of him should be SO much better... but Link just doesn't have many redeeming qualities.

bigcman

Smash Rookie
April Fools is cool.

Peach's favorite song - "Low" by Flo-Rida

OK, this may be redundant, but I'm just going to do the list of characters.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Ice Climbers
ROB
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Olimar
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Marth
Ike
Ness
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
Sonic

Trig417

Smash Rookie
I think pikachu should get some more love in the tier lists. I have a friend who mains him, and plays him pretty nasty.

I also think Wolf should be pretty high up there.....but then again who doesn't?

I don't see why more people don't think Wario doesn't deserve a higher spot on the tier list. His aerial DI is insane, He's got a few nasty killing moves, plus the most humiliating kill move in the game....the fart.

I am yet to see anyone play Lucario, or Ness properly, so until then I think they should stay down in the tier lists.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I don't see ZSS coming up any higher than the bottom half of the mid-tier. Her smashes are all awful:f-smash has a lot of lag and is hard to connect, down smash only happens on one side and up smash comes out really slow. Her primary kill move is her side b which is easily dodged. She also has a very gimpable recovery and her short hop is almost useless

smashbot226

Smash Master
Gladly:

He's Heavier than the two.

He's stronger than the two.

He has better ground moves and aerial moves than the other two, except Falco's Dair.

He has a better Final Smash.

He has a better SHINE.

He can make combos like Bill Gates makes money.

His Fsmash and Usmash are insane finishers.

The only things that don't go for Wolf are his horrible recovery and average speed.

Everything else about him is awesome.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Gladly:

He has better ground moves and aerial moves than the other two, except Falco's Dair.

He has a better SHINE.

The only things that don't go for Wolf are his horrible recovery and average speed.

Okay:

Fox is waaay faster than wolf, lightness aside

A dash into an up smash with fox can kill at insane percentages

His shine is not close to Foxs' Fox can use his shine in the air to stall which can throw off an opponents timing and opens a myriad of mindgames

Foxs' dair leads into combos

Foxs' blaster has a longer reach

This is a TIER LIST discussion final smashes have nothing to do with tournament play, at least I hope not.

Falco can chaingrab and wolf cannot.

Falco is equally as strong as wolf.

ZOMG WOlf is awesome!!!!! is not really an impressive argument, joking or not.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Look, Wolf is more well rounded of the space animals.

And HE'S AWESOME wasn't one of my arguments.

Fox is light and Falco may be the lightest.

Also:

Forgot that part of the Shine. Ah well. However, unlike Fox's, deflected projectiles go back at a faster speed.

That combo for Fox: I assure you, Wolf has that AND two others. He can combo very well.

For a projectile, Wolf's is decent. It's not quite on par with Fox's, but it manages.

Wolf's (Insert abbreviated attack here) leads into combos.

Wait wait wait...

You prove to me that Falco is stronger than Wolf and I'll give in! NO WAy is that bird stronger than the Wolf Palm of Death!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
lol forget Falco being stronger thats probably stretching it, all i'm saying is I think a good fox could handle a good wolf. Everyone has their own opinions and i'm probably not going to change yours so i'll agree to disagree.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Top:
Falco
Pit
Toon Link
Wolf
Metaknight
Marth

High:
Ice Climbers
Zelda
R.O.B.
King Dedede
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Game & Watch
Pikman & Olimar
Fox
Lucas

Mid:
Luigi
Pikachu
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Sheik
Peach
Squirtle
Wario
Lucario
Ness
Ike
Charizard

Low:
Donkey Kong
Samus
Link
Bowser
Ivysaur
Yoshi

Bottom:
Mario
Captain Falcon
Sonic
Ganondorf

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Gladly:

He has a better SHINE.

wolf is heavier, true, but is also much slower and has worse recovery

stronger? maybe on the whole yes, but fox and falco have some rdiculoiusly strong moves that wolf doesn't really have a super strong response for

so you say all ove his ground moves and aerials are better? yeah, not only is that bias, its also just plain wrong

even if his final smash were better, which it's not, that has nothing to do with teirs... otherwise sonic would rank MUCH higher

his shine isn't really better.... or, at least, not substantially so... It haz about 0 killing potential.

his Fsmash is a terrible finisher... It might actually be worse than both foxes and falco's all it's got over theirs is range

his combos are ok, maybe, but they've got nothing on falco, who is clearly the best of the three.... wolf is really nothing special

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Seriously, I think stupid people should stop making tier lists.

I'm going to make a top and high tier, just for the hell of it.

TOP (suggested, but not perfect, order)
Meta Knight
Toon Link
Pikachu
Marth

HIGH
Luigi
Diddy Kong
R.O.B.
Olimar
Falco
Lucas
Kirby
Wario

I don't know all the characters very well yet. I'm sure that the top tier is in pretty good order and that I didn't really forget anyone besides Pit, and the high tier is probably missing some characters, but I think it's a good place to start. Also for the record, I think Captain Falcon should be mid tier, just because Melee noobs and normal noobs don't know how to use Captain Falcon as a Brawl character.

Pit is questionable at Top tier because I don't use him. Duh ;) No...I don't know how to use Pit yet, and I've seen him in good use, but wasn't really impressed....I think he'll get left behind as the meta game of Brawl develops, but only time will tell...if someone can show me a good Pit, I'll gladly rethink my tier list. As if my tier list really matters. Oh well, at least it's probably the best one so far ;)

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Seriously, I think stupid people should stop making tier lists.

I'm going to make a top and high tier, just for the hell of it.

TOP (suggested, but not perfect, order)
Meta Knight
Toon Link
Pikachu
Marth

HIGH
Luigi
Diddy Kong
R.O.B.
Olimar
Falco
Lucas
Kirby
Wario

I don't know all the characters very well yet. I'm sure that the top tier is in pretty good order and that I didn't really forget anyone besides Pit, and the high tier is probably missing some characters, but I think it's a good place to start. Also for the record, I think Captain Falcon should be mid tier, just because Melee noobs and normal noobs don't know how to use Captain Falcon as a Brawl character.

Pit is questionable at Top tier because I don't use him. Duh ;) No...I don't know how to use Pit yet, and I've seen him in good use, but wasn't really impressed....I think he'll get left behind as the meta game of Brawl develops, but only time will tell...if someone can show me a good Pit, I'll gladly rethink my tier list. As if my tier list really matters. Oh well, at least it's probably the best one so far ;)
Kirby and Wario do not deserve to be on that list, snake,Mr G&W,ICs Ike, and Pit do. maybe even more

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
while you don't think wario or kirby are high tier I will argue for their inclusion. Wario's bike has big hit boxs and multifuncional. its a good roll out attack alternative it makes a PERFECT item to throw strait up or over the edge and the tires are nice to throw too. Not only that but wario can pretty much always get back to the stage if he doesn't have his bike sitting on the stage. Getting on his bike grants him a Yoshi-esc extra jump with better hight then his up B.

Kirby is just small and strong with great options. Did you know his quick side hammer deals 24% yeah didn't think so.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I'm sorry for all the Pit users out there but first i must say without the arrows and probably the angel halo he is nothing. I'm not just saying this cuz i hate em (i really hate him) but i think they gave Pit toooo many advantages. He is the ultimate newbie character. Marth on the other hand earned his high spot on the tier list cuz he is an awesome character that takes skill to use. He has no clear advantages cuz projectile users can spam their moves to keep marth from closing in. Btw, i still whoop ppl who do this.

Famous

Smash Champion
People love to spam Pit's arrows and foward b, it's rediculous. There is no skill in spamming those moves, hence why Pit is for newb players.

Lol, there is only one person out of the many I know that actually mains him.

Oh yeah, G&W definately deserves a spot on the top tier spot. That is if a true tier list is ever made...I doubt it though.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Lol corner trap, Sonic bottom tier below DK? Rofl. Your tier list doesnt have any explanation. Ive seen some good sonic players. Your tier list sucks. However, Ganon sucks in this game. Ganon is a piece of crap bottom tier. And Sonic the Hedgehawg, you said sonic is going to suck right? Well guess what, you should chect out DarkNES's sonic. He could pwn your mains. And guess what ganon fans, Ganon sucks in brawl. He is a piece of crap. Ganon is a failure. Ganon is bottom tier. Worst player in smash ever.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Quit bashing on Pit, he's got more potential then most of the other characters. Research the characters before posting in here or you're just adding to the 150 pages of spam.

Oh and by the way, you all should learn to play as Sonic AND Ganondorf before attacking them. Sonic is amazing in the right hands.

TheLake

Smash Master
Egh in no paticular order. Likely the change though.

Top:
Marth
Wolf
Pit
Dedede
Kirby

High:
Olimar
Ike
GnW
Wario
Diddy
Zelda
Fox
Falco
Metaknight
R.O.B.
Toon Link
Pikachu
Zero suit

Mid:
Jiggly puff
Mario
Lucas
Squirtle
Charizard
Iceclimbers
Peach
Snake

Low:
DK
Lucario
Bowser
Ivysaur
Link
Samus
Sonic
Sheik

Bottom:
Ganondorf
Captain falcon

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
I did this in like two seconds... this is a rough idea.

Top:
Marth
Wolf
Pit
Dedede
Metaknight
Toon Link

High:

Kirby
Diddy
Zelda
Fox
Falco
R.O.B.

Mid:
Sonic
Olimar
Ike
GnW
Wario
Mario
Lucas
Squirtle
Charizard
Iceclimbers
Peach
Snake
Pikachu
DK
Luigi
Zero suit

Low:
Lucario
Bowser
Ivysaur
Link
Samus
Sheik

Bottom:
Ganondorf
Captain falcon
Jiggly puff

MuBa

Smash Lord
Well I said High/Top so choose whichever you like with Metaknight, but from what I've seen he's pretty good. Sure he lacks kill moves but his damage racking combo makes up for it. And since he can combo like a beast he'll get his opponent's % up in a jiffy.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
The silliest placings for any character are the ones that aren't used as much and aren't discussed as much. For example I have seen people place Zero Suit Samus anywhere from the top of high tier to the middle of low tier with little to no explanation. The same goes with Donkey Kong, only from the middle of mid tier to the bottom of the barrel.
I bring these two up because they're my two mains (hate that word) and would like to shed a little insight.
ZSS is not top tier material because she is so light and can take a long time to deliver sufficient damage to KO someone. That being said, she is absolutely high tier because of her speed, combo-ability (with the whip's long range and several stunning moves is actually really high), and range. Furthermore, she has good KO moves (bair, uair, >B, vB to name a few).
DK is the top of low tier. He is too big of a target not to be. He also hits super hard and can KO easily with almost any of his moves. Anyone that is regularly called "low tier" he can destroy while anyone above him will annihilate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom