• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^^^get out. A tacit understanding in this thread is that if you're posting, you're contributing, or at least you aren't saying "tires don exits", or "TR4Qs"...

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
I now present my fellow smashers with the worst tier list ever constructed. For the record I will be protecting every orifice on my body from the **** and flames that will ensue from creating this list. Despite this I will stand by my list strongly. Hopefully a select few will see the beauty in my list. More than likely though, I shall be flamed. Bringz itz yo!

Top-tier:
Mary Jane.

High-tier:

Snake
G&W
D3
Luigi
DK
Wario
ROB
Toon Link
Pikachu

Mid-tier:
Olimar
Fox
Peach
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Wolf
Pokemon Trainer
Sheik
Ganondorf
ZZS
Sonic
Zelda
Bowser

Low-Tier:
Lucario
Samus
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Yoshi

Bottom-Tier:
Pit
Ike
Falco
Marth
Meta-Knight

Fly high like kites, yo :lick:
This is the best tier list ever...We should make this official!!!

Mary-Jane is so broken

Adapt

Smash Lord
Margin of error is more determined by how many mistakes you can make before you die. Some characters get put in bad spots very easily, while some need to be damaged a whole lot before they have problems. Characters like MK and Snake have a huge margin of error and have good offense. Other characters like Sonic also have a large margin of error, but really don't have the offensive power to capitalize on it.

But you're right, someone has to pick up ZSS.
I guess I misunderstood "margin of error"
My bad

St. Viers

Smash Champion
C what I did here?

I now present my fellow smashers with the worst tier list ever constructed. For the record I will be protecting every orifice on my body from the **** and flames that will ensue from creating this list. Despite this I will stand by my list strongly. Hopefully a select few will see the beauty in my list. More than likely though, I shall be flamed. Bringz itz yo!

tier list

Fly high like kites, yo :lick:

PK Boy, see the difference. Quote Likeso, as we can click on the little arrow ti go and see his list

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
I'm making my own Tier List with reasoning. Here is my top tier, can tell me what you think of my summaries and reasoning? Thanks. If it's liked, I'll post more.

God Tier:
Snake-Do I really have to explain? Snake possess' great aerial game, great recovery if orchestrated correctly, godly tilts, great priority, great dash attack, disjointed hitboxes, technical aspects, and just simply is an amazing character. To stay at this position, it's quite simple, just keep practicing and evolve Snake's game further. He is not broken as he is severely flawed, but those flaws are on the down low. In order to combat a Snake, it's simple, spacing and metagame the opponent and just out skill him. Tier wise, Snake is dominant, but still not perfect in any aspect.

Metaknight-Having great aerial, insane priority, nice speed, floating, amazing recovery, disjointed hitboxes, and just a great close quarter game, Metaknight is stacked. In my oppionon, Metaknight is better then Snake simply because Metaknight is just an overbearing character to fight. To stay at the god tier, Metaknight users will have to be slightly faster and learn to end their opponents faster. Metaknight is light and has no projectiles, so if a character gets in there, you better be good at teching and able to get up on your feet or you won't be able to hit until you lose a stock.

Zero Suit Samus-Try fighting an amazing Zero, it is amazingly difficult. When she starts off, she has three great projectiles at her disposal. That is a huge advantage as it is! She has great tilts, amazing smashes, top aerial game, great speed, long range, high priority, disjointed hitboxes, projectiles, can stun your opponenet resulting in true combo's, one of the best recoveries in the game, great meteor smash, and an arsenal of truely spectacular special techniques. She has the body of a goddess and the ability of a champion. Zero will get more recognition when she gets more popular, and will just be, in my oppionon, the hardest opponent in the game. Her weakness' are that your either amazing with her or garbage. So this battle will either be one sided in your favor or extremely difficult. The learning curve is also huge, but you have to just not stop. You can't evade cause she has good range.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
She has great tilts
You mispelled ****. :D
Honestly, though, Zamus has way too much trouble killing to be that high. She has at the most three good KO moves. Her recovery CAN be gimped if she's low enough on the stage, so if she's hit with a move with the right trajectory, she's going down. Also, when you get past the stungun and dsmash, she's awful at racking up damage.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Lol at ZSS in top tier

I have to disagree about racking up damage though... thats what she's really good at. Her problems are finishing and dying at low %s

Her KO moves and %s that they will kill (avg)

bair - 100% on the side of a stage, 130% (min) in the middle
fair - 100% on the side of a stage, 130% (min) in the middle
f-B - 120-140%
uair - star KO at ~110% in the air, much higher at lower elevation
d-B - 150% out the side, also spikes at lower percents but hard as hell to pull off
f-smash - ~150% (normally used out of a d-smash)

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
So if Zamus can get a character up to about 150 and finds a place to use the dsmash correctly, then she'll have a chance at KOs. That's pretty bad...

Adapt

Smash Lord
huh? did you just look at the last line?

F-B is prolly the number one kill move, maybe fair or bair, and they kill earlier than 150

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Except the difficulty in which they must be landed has to be taken into effect.
Most of her kill moves are telegraphed and can be avoided if one pats attention.
She has problems killing not because her moves aren't powerful but because being able to set them up is difficult.

gallax

Smash Hero
i really don't see Zamus being a top tier character. unless a new tech comes out that makes her unfreakin believable, she will stay out of the top 10 i think.

Adapt

Smash Lord
i agree with both of you 100%

I see her as low-mid right now, with time, as she develops she may rise, but I would be stunned (pun intended) if she rose as high as marth etc

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I can't help but notice ZSS has gotten nearly no attention lately in the discussion. So I guess that means everyone is fine with her position in Mid-Tier?
You think she gets no attention?? Luigi and Diddy never get attention and are rarely disscussed.

Luigi: Wha! Why will no one pay attention to Weegee!

Cookie if someone can name where that line's from.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Cookies accepted.

Actually.... I think somebody SHOULD talk about Luigi. He's a great character on paper but he has horrible matchups... why?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
As a ZSS main... ZSS is lower high tier or high mid at best. Maybe the middle of mid.

I'm not sure why people don't understand that tier positions != winning. People can win with mid tier characters. You just need to be that much better.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've went through many changes in my tier list after doing a lot of play time with each character. My new results go as follows...

Note: Characters listed are not in any particular order.

---------------------

Fox
Falco
Toon Link
---------------------
Upper

Zelda
Mr. G&W
Marth
Meta Knight
Lucas
Wolf
Snake
---------------------
High

Pikachu
Luigi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Pit
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
Olimar
---------------------
Middle

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Bowser
Sheik
Wario
Ike
Ivysaur
Charizard
Diddy Kong
Lucario
R.O.B.
---------------------
Low

Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
Squirtle
Sonic
---------------------
Bottom

Ganondorf
---------------------

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'm sure snake and MK mains hate having their characters on the top of the tier list. Cause they sure do look like tier whores even though some of them aren't

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
Anyone see ROB being top tier? I know alot of people have him in their top tier list, so who says he shouldnt and give your reasons please.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Anyone see ROB being top tier? I know alot of people have him in their top tier list, so who says he shouldnt and give your reasons please.
He doesn't do well against Snake, and gets terribly beaten by Meta Knights. Generally, that is.

He's good, but I think only Snake and Meta Knight are justified top tier.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Dis iz mah tire list (Warning, uneducated n00b posting a list):

Worst Character in Brawl Tier
Captain Falcon

Top tier
Snake > Meta Night

Upper tier
G&W > DDD > R.O.B > Marth > Falco

High-high tier
Wario > Wolf > Pikachu > Pit > Lucario

Low-high tier
Olimar > Zelda > Toon Link

Mid tier
DK> Kirby > Ice Climbers > Diddy > Mario > Fox > Lucas > Zamus > Shiek > Luigi

Low tier
Peach > Ness > Sonic > Bowser > Ganondorf > Ike > Link > Samus

Bottom tier
Pokemon Trainer > Yoshi > Jigglypuff

My comments
-Captain Falcon is THE worst character, but he is too manly and awesome to be at the bottom.
-Zelda and tLink are in a different tier than the rest of high tier is because of tourney results. Olimar is in this tier because of sh***y recovery.
-DK is in mid tier because DDD is a VERY hard counter to him. Shiek is in middle tier because outside of KO power she is still decent. Moreso than ZSS IMO; Plus painful combo on the spacies is hax.
-I hate Ike (His tier position has been approved by The King).
-Samus is in low tier because she can somewhat camp, escape with up-b, has has the potential for combos. If she did not have the third worse tournament results, she would be above Link.
-Ivasaur ruins Pokemon Trainer IMO.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
LMFAO!
Yeah, she's pretty good with the ... "rackin". :laugh:
Because ZSS boob jokes are still funny three months later amirite?

Yes, she has plenty of ways to build damage, and plenty of ways to kill, too. The issue is that she fails against characters that have better approaches, ranged attacks, and/or higher priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom