• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Ivysaur also could be worse, but I really do not play against that Pokemon all that much. He has a very large size, so you can really zair spam him and build up a lot of damage with a non-kill move, Link has better projectiles, even though bullet seed and the boomerang looking thing are good, but not as useful as Link's arsenal. Also, when he has tether recovery, you can seriously **** that up by using Link's tether to gain invincibility frames and totally edgehog his recovery. Ivysaur does hurt though. But, I think Link would win the match up.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Link's got a great matchup versus Marth.
Also, 7 posts in a row? Stop.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
@ Metro Knight: Bowser & Luigi should definitely be above Link. They are just overall better characters (the others you named could be below him, but some like Yoshi, Sheik or Charizard I could see above him). Also, Zamus is a great character who should be at the top of mid at least.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Zamus takes... FOREVER to kill anyone, but give some reasons, behind WHY, you think these characters are better, rather than just "zomg they are better".

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Well firstly Luigi has amazing aerial attacks and incredible close-range moves that can keep him on top of you constantly throwing out attacks nonstop.

Bowser has brutal strength and a handful of very quick attacks with very little lag (Ftilt, Fair) and the attacks that aren't are brutally powerful.

Link doesn't even have much going for him except an amazing number of projectiles which, honestly, aren't quick enough to spam. And he's not fast enough to run away either. He's entirely too lukewarm for anything of his to be effective. He's stronger and heavier and tougher than Young Link but he's not powerful or heavy or tough enough for him to gain advantages.

He's not awful - He's got enough disjointed hitbox and priority and quick/slow attacks to beat out Cap and Sonic and Ganondorf.

Thus, med-low tier.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
OMG Metro Knight learn to post in a SINGLE POST. The Edit button does not bite.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Zamus takes... FOREVER to kill anyone, but give some reasons, behind WHY, you think these characters are better, rather than just "zomg they are better".
Actually, a halfway decent Zero Suit Samus player can consistently score kills with double-digit percentages. I don't know what you're doing, but her KO game is average at worst.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Actually, a halfway decent Zero Suit Samus player can consistently score kills with double-digit percentages. I don't know what you're doing, but her KO game is average at worst.
he's probably bad at spacing... ZSS needs to be properly spaced for her moves to be @ full potential normally

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I think Bowser and Link need to be grouped together. They're kind of at the same level.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
bowser is easily above link as well. i don't know why people think bowser is so terrible... you just have to use his tilts instead of spamming fsmash.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
Like Lobelia said, Zamus doesn't have trouble killing. I like forward-b myself. Plus, she has d-smash chaining which can almost infinite some characters.

Luigi has great aerials & better recovery. Really, the only thing Link has on him is projectiles & range. Bowser is great this time around; he's a lot faster with about the same amount of power. Definitely a mid tier character. Yoshi has a great aerial game, Sheik is still a combo machine, & Charizard has a lot of range & power.

Sliq

Smash Master
Ganondorf is definately not the worst characters. Almost all of his moves are kill moves.

Well like already stated Sliq, He has great Tech chasing and almost unmatched KO potential on his overall moveset, and okay aerials. But aside from that, just about everything else about him is bad. He's certainly better than falcon.

Also, Link in no way shape or form can consistently beat a Metaknight when the skills levels are high and near equal. Link has to space himself perfectly to stand a chance, and if he lets MK get too close too many times, it's game over for him. Aside from his bombs and a fully charged hero's bow, No projectile link has can overpower Meta's Tornado

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well like already stated Sliq, He has great Tech chasing and almost unmatched KO potential on his overall moveset, and okay aerials. But aside from that, just about everything else about him is bad. He's certainly better than falcon.

Also, Link in no way shape or form can consistently beat a Metaknight when the skills levels are high and near equal. Link has to space himself perfectly to stand a chance, and if he lets MK get too close too many times, it's game over for him. Aside from his bombs and a fully charged hero's bow, No projectile link has can overpower Meta's Tornado
luckily bombs are easy to pull. It's a rather even matchup really. I won't debate as to who's advantaged, but one is certainly not a hard counter for the other.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I'd say link's bottom.
his downsmash and his uair are the only moves with great priority.
some of his other moves [like nair or boomerang] are almost moves that have no use when you have the others. This in my opinion, the link player. >_>

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^yeah, cause link's n-air is horrible. Oops, I mean, because you have no clue what you are saying...^_^

oh, don't forget that sword>priority, cause it's disjointed...or that the boomarang isn't useless.

He may be low, but not bottom.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'd say Yoshi is probably the worst. His attacks seem a lot more weaker than they did in Melee. Even though he got a better b up it dosn't really help because he lost his air dodge which got about the same amount of distance. Yoshi just seems to be very very weak in this game, which saddens me because hes one of my favorite characters. But then again, I don't know much about Yoshi in Brawl and I've used him a couple times but I'm a good player not a n00b so I know some stuff I'm talking about. I haven't seen good Yoshi players either.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Back to serious discussion, guys.

Tip of the Top Tier=Wario
Everybody Else=FAILURES

Can anyone else propel themselves thirty feet up in the air with a fart?

I didn't think so.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Everyone seems to be talking poorly about their own characters lol.
Metaknight is decent!
And so is Jigglypuff! 2 of the fewer characters with good edgeguards

EDIT: Yeah fartings gay.
Wario just farted his way up to top tier.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I've been telling everyone from day 1 that G&W and WARIO would be two of the best characters. It looks like I'm correct. Of course I was just hoping, but I got completely lucky with that one!

Who was saying Metaknight was bad in the first place?

Also yes, there is a surprising amount of Yoshi mainers not only in this thread, but in Brawl altogether.

Where were you in Melee >_>

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Who was saying Metaknight was bad in the first place?

Also yes, there is a surprising amount of Yoshi mainers not only in this thread, but in Brawl altogether.

Where were you in Melee >_>
not winning tournies. well... one can only hope the list of tourney winners is a bit more diverse in brawl than it was in melee.

Well it sure as hell isn't the case as of now with MK and Snake winning everything in sight. People say Brawl is more balanced, but in this point in time that's a blatantly false statement.

While MK does seem to be slowing down, as from what I've seen WARIO has more overall wins judgung by Ankoku's topic, Snake doesn't seem to be losing steam at all. Hopefully this doesn;t turn into an Akuma like situation in Super Turbo.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
MK and Snake are just hard to fight against so early in the game's development. We'll get used to them soon, don't you worry.

Also, everyone and their mother are playing them at tournies, so it's no surprise they're winning.

BibulousDan

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've been working on a list for a while but i'm not finished yet. this is what i got so far...

Snake
TL
Marth
G&W
Ice Climbers
DDD

HIGH

Ike - he's great if your good with him!
Meta
Fox
Lucas
......need more in high tier, any suggestions and/ or edits?

I'm really Tired of noobs coming into this topic saying Ike is Top/High Tier and only say "He's good if you know how to use him" To justify it.

He's bad, deal with it

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I'm really Tired of noobs coming into this topic saying Ike is Top/High Tier and only say "He's good if you know how to use him" To justify it.

He's bad, deal with it
Sonic is so much better than Snake if you know how to use him! Any character in Smash can win! Tiers don't exist, they're just a barrier that n00bs with no skill use!
:laugh:

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Well it sure as hell isn't the case as of now with MK and Snake winning everything in sight. People say Brawl is more balanced, but in this point in time that's a blatantly false statement.

While MK does seem to be slowing down, as from what I've seen WARIO has more overall wins judgung by Ankoku's topic, Snake doesn't seem to be losing steam at all. Hopefully this doesn;t turn into an Akuma like situation in Super Turbo.
Snake is gonna continue to win tourneys left and right, not only is he a really good character, but he's easily one of the most popular characters in the game. Mario may have more fans, but Snake plays better and many Mario fans are also Snake fans. The coupling of Snake being so ridiculously good and his huge fanbase means that he's gonna stay near that top spot longer than Sheik in Melee.

How many of us are going to be in line for the Kirby Wii release? No one? Thought so. How many of us are going to be in line for the MGS4 midnight release? A whole helluva lot of us. Snake is gonna stay on top because he's so frickin popular and he's good at the same time.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Sonic is so much better than Snake if you know how to use him! Any character in Smash can win! Tiers don't exist, they're just a barrier that n00bs with no skill use!
:laugh:
What she said. =P

It summarized the "Ike is awesome" mentality perfectly.

People, if you want to play a viable Fire Emblem character, your going to have to use Marth. =P

If you like swords, Metaknight and Toon Link are very viable too.

If you want power, look no further than Mr. Number One himself, Snake.

Ike is just subpar. Sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom