• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

Rash

Smash Ace
When I saw that it was a pokemon update, I was dissapointed. However, this Manaphy is one of the most interesting ones yet.

The Iwata interview was also a plus.

Today's updates were definitely much better than they sounded.

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
When I saw that it was a pokemon update, I was dissapointed. However, this Manaphy is one of the most interesting ones yet.

The Iwata interview was also a plus.

Today's updates were definitely much better than they sounded.
.....agreed

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Yes...far too many Metroids. But are all easily defeated by my ICE BEAM (OF DOOM!!).
I'm one of those guys that's good with everyone, (Which is why it's funny when I beat everyone as Bowser...)
MUHAHA!
It seems like Pokeball and Assist Trophy fighting is going to be more fun this time around.

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
Since the interview left of with the "To be continued" shtick, I'm hoping Sakurai updates us when more parts are added to the Wii.com site, since its a very interesting read.

Also, I hope there's an indication when Manaphy wears off, because I don't want to do dumb things, like smash attack MYSELF! :psycho:

espio87

Smash Ace
this update freaked me out a bit. you see, I thought before of swapping controllers, but not because of a pokemon, but of an assist trophy. I wanted Psycho Mantis to appear and do this, but it seems that the coolest boss of MGS1 won't be appearing:(.
nevertheless, I love items, pokemons and assist trophies that make the battle this kind of chaotic:psycho:

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
it's not really swaping controllers. i thinks it's as thus:
you switch bodies, then all kos done by you are subjected to your opponent.
example: zelda vs. dk, heart swap occurs. zelda knocks out dk, zelda loses a life.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I love this idea, the body swap! The way I understand it works is that if you're Zelda, when it occurs you're controlling DK but with the same damage meter and it probably will still show Zelda's symbol on it. However if you KO Zelda while forced into DK, it's a point for you. So you still have plenty of reason to kick lots of *** but just from a new perspective.

God I will rue the day I get put into Jiggly Puff. lol

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
It was indeed a good update. A useful, mindgaming Pokemon and the interview with Sakurai laughing half the time.

Is anyone else anticipating a character update tomorrow or is it just me?

smashbrother7

Smash Rookie
What a second! Manaphy switches bodies!? I predicted that!! I swear i predicted that! AM I A PROPHET!!!! (SEROUSLY!)

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
not all the friends i smash with check the dojo often so i usually have to let them know whats new and cool... but not this time, I'm just going to play the game with them and laugh like a maniac the first time i see manaphy as they freak out ^_^

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Okay, just have to comment on this last great week before I get to Zelda's Light Arrows and Manaphy.

Monday 14. January - Challenges:
Like in Kirby's Air Ride (as I heard) - Now challenges is a very interesting update and offers a lot more variety to unlocking things. Besides, it's good we can know beforehand how to unlock stuff, remember Melee where there were many obscure ways to unlock trophies and such? >_> I'm glad they changed that ^^

Tuesday 15. January - Distant Planet:
Olimar's stage - I may have not played the Pikmin games, but the stage seems like one of the most graphically enhanced. I mean, just look at the textures! And there's a lot of action too. The fact that you have to escape rain and a giant toad just makes it all the more fun!

Wednesday 16. January - Sheik:
Finally, a veteran most of us loved but hated because she stole Zelda's spotlight. She's returned now and it's clearer than ever she's a woman. Besides, her graphical update looks fantastic! It was expected, but still a surprise to some of us. Many want Sheik to be nerfed, but I can see where they are coming from, Zelda needs some love too. But Zelda already looks stronger and I hope the developers will balance them out even. But it's still great to have her back since she had one of the most unique movesets ever =D

Thursday 17. January - Pikmin & Olimar Final Smash:
Okay, once again, I haven't played the games, but it looks actually fun enough and is very unique so far.

Friday 18. January - Sticker Power-ups:
One of the greatest and most original updates of all time! Most people didn't like the stickers because they could have replaced the trophies. Still, after trophies were confirmed, people still didn't like them because they seemed useless. Well, Sakurai's mindgames, who would have known? The stickers now add to the depth of the game as RPG-esque elements. They can only be used in SSE, but seriously, who cares? It's original and fun, and if it works out it helps beating the harder modes and unlocking rare stickers. Seriously, no one expected that ^^ And I think it's pure awesomeness. (I would have still liked the stickers without this neat update though)

And now for the recent ones:

Monday 21. January - Zelda's Final Smash:
Although it's a shame Zelda and Sheik share one Final Smash, it still looks powerful and Zelda needs more powerful and quick attacks. So Light Arrows are just fine ;) Sakurai states that when the arrows hit, the characters are almost done for, so I expect it to be one hell of an attack. A most useful FS, I might say.

Tuesday 22. January - Manaphy:
Another Pokemon, but one of the more interesting ones. You swap your body with your opponent, and it gives you some time to increase your opponent's damage in a whole other perspective. I say this is probably the most unique Pokemon we had till now ^^ Adds a whole new flavor to the game.

TODAY'S UPDATE:
Mushroomy Kingdom
------------------------
Although I expected Mushroom Kingdom to return, but instead, the developers made it a scrolling stage. Mushroomy Kingdom is the remake of World 1-1 in the original Super Mario Bros. and I think they just captured it quite well. It looks a bit bland with the colors, but they certainly did a good job in recreating the stage. And what's best, occasionally, there will be an alternate underground stage, so there's the variety that many of us hoped for.
PLUS, there's music to go with it, called "Super Mario Bros. - Ground Theme" - it's a whole new arrangement, with Piano and all, and despite that, it sounds as old-fashioned as the original music. It definetly has a new flavor to it, although it doesn't sound like battle music. But does it fit into the stage? Hell yes! Great update! ^^

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
the mushroomy kingdom excites me so much ^_^
I'm glad they are pulling out all the stops on the stage design (probably due to stage editor, don't want to give us something that we can easily recreate. That would just be redundant!)

starL33T

Smash Cadet
when i saw mushroomy kingdom, the first screen shot, i really really liked it. although, i would prefer for it to not scroll, even though sakurai enforces the word SLOWLY many times. I still adore that inital screen, and would love playing right there. love the pipe, love the graphics, simply; awesome.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
The Mushroomy Kingdom looks like a great stage, IMO. But the layout... it's all ruins, like the jolly landscape of the first world ever created has been truned to dust, with no signs of life.... it saddens me a bit... anyone else feel this way?

Oh, and if anyone's read my Phaaze stage, this increases its chances of showing up in Brawl greatly...

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
@Stage: This is awesome. Flat out awesome. One reason I loved to use action replay in Melee was to play the Mushroom Kingdom stage from Adventure mode. This is pretty close, and almost better!
I'm very partial to stage updates, since I usually don't care. However, I love this one so much.

@Music: I'm still listening to it. About my 5th time hitting the replay button. We finally got Mario music and it is AWESOME!

It's also great since I played Super Mario Bros. alot via Virtual console and Gameboy. In fact, I played on Monday.
But it'll be hard to see the stage and music together. As KraidGuy said, the stage is in ruins now and abandoned. And here we have this music which is a bit too jolly for the stage.
The background isn't helping. At all. Now that I look twice, it only makes me feel worse.

espio87

Smash Ace
The Mushroomy Kingdom looks like a great stage, IMO. But the layout... it's all ruins, like the jolly landscape of the first world ever created has been truned to dust, with no signs of life.... it saddens me a bit... anyone else feel this way?
yeah, I know how you feel. it's a bit odd and also reminds me of Daisy's kingdom, not Peach's. nevertheless, it's an original stage and the music is good

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
FONT]

Well, it's kind of sad, but it's also dynamic and interesting. It shows a great amount of creativity on the part of Sakurai and the programmers, and, well, look at it, it looks amazing!

As long as they don't write this change into a Mario game and make it canon, I'm ok with it.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
it's lame atleast i hoped it would be a green stage
like new Super Mario Bros DS
but wow it's lame very lame a mario galaxy stage would of been better
Nothing's ever good enough for you, is it? You say every good update is crappy, and every update on Peach that you keep asking for you say isn't good enough and should've been better. OMG i love peach so much maybe they should make a peach stage but then i would complain about it OMG

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Nothing's ever good enough for you, is it? You say every good update is crappy, and every update on Peach that you keep asking for you say isn't good enough and should've been better. OMG i love peach so much maybe they should make a peach stage but then i would complain about it OMG
Meh, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. She's just mad because it's not Peach's Castle :laugh:. Speaking of, its chances are really low now.

And what is this, the 4th Mario stage confirmed for Brawl? Someone likes their Mario stages. Personally, I think it's a very original and cool-looking idea. I'm not jiving with the music yet, but a few more listens should do it for me.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
like F.Y.I it's mushroom kindom
and OMG don't you dare say it is a peach related cuz it's not i don't even see Peach playing

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
Ike looks like he's been improved. His ForwardAir is alot faster

Snake looks greast. C4 is a great move.
MAN! HE SHOWED HIS *** AGAIN when he clapped for Kirby LOL

starL33T

Smash Cadet
I hate the idea of the demos in brawl. for the first time, i think its actually a waste of time and space. anyone can just get the virtual console of it alone, if they want to play it. I'm sure they could have thought of a better way to use that space.

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
ugh, double post! well... i guess i'd like the demos if he includes some wtf character that i've never heard of o_0 (assuming the prophets got the roster wrong)

Top Bottom