• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Olimar will take a ton of strategy to play in my opinion. Looks like he would just be a fun character to play with. Might have to give him a try sometime just for s**** and giggles.

Loving the updates so far... keep them up

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
It reminds me of Kirby Air Ride's checklist. You know, with all the hints, and the music, and the 'use this to open/free a square.'

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Very interesting idea for the game.... But how to get the first blank screen. ... Wait...

Stafy: Clear target smash level 1 with 10 characters

There you go.. .got started.

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
Yea pretty much exactly like Airride, but seeing as sooo many people played that game... I found the checklist in that game very addicting though, and this will reduce the need for gameFAQs and the like!

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
It seems like there will be a lot of challenges. Wonder how many...

Well, guessing that this is the center of the wall... this is 36 spaces right here.

The wall ends on this side, and the Stafy trophy isn't showing, so this means that there may be three or five sections, which could add up to... 108 to 180 spaces. Pretty good.

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
Alright! pikmin stage! Anyone else find the dimensions of the stage kind of hard to determine? I just can't tell where mario is on the stage in his screenshot o_0

Desruprot

Smash Lord
well the update is fine... (its called tapping everything without breaking it, basically do all you need to simply by doing the challenges should unlock a lot of stuff...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the only thing good about this delay is it gives me more time to try out No More Heroes when it comes out.

however, i just hate that we wait a month, but Japan waits 7 days! i can wait seven days. i had to do that for Metroid Prime 3. but it's an uneven balance. i wouldn't be so angry if Japan had to wait a month as well.

and i read a thread that NOA decided to delay because the pre-orders sucked. well...release it anyway! the game is going to be a huge hit, with or without pre-orders. i mean if people are as dedicated as i am, they already have brawl payed off.

pisses me off

Teeb147

Smash Legend
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

MAHAHAHAHAHA Wheres your freakin 'logic' now you anti-sheik mofos?!

k-sin

Smash Cadet
I seem to be more disappointed with Sheik's return than the delay?
I mean the delay was fine, since I never new NZ's release date (or even Aussies to guess NZ's). But I had high hopes to not see Sheik return (and you can bet Ganondorf now) to make way for more new comers....
I guess that's what comes from a non-Sheik/Ganondorf player =P.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little disappointed.
I was hoping that if Zelda did transform.
She'd transform into someone like Tetra or Midna(yeah I know it doesn't make sense). Not someone from a 10 year old game.

espio87

Smash Ace
yes! I knew she still transformed into sheik! I win!!!! muahahahaha!!!:psycho:
on a side note: it's nice to see that every character got their specials anmd final smash listed under their profiles. and snakes uses C4 as his down special!I win again!!!! muahahaha!!!:psycho:
sorry, the sheik update left me a bit euphoric....
also, doesn't olimar's final smash(end of day) sound a bit too apocalyptic?

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Olimar's Final Smash is called "Final Day"
and Zamus's is "Power Suit Samus"

Edit:
Even though I am a little disappointed, but He/She/It/Potato looks pretty awesome.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the whole Twilight Princess debate made me doubt. but really, i didn't care if Sheik did return or not. i use both characters anyway, so it didn't matter.

but the cool thing though is now all the characters have their special moves in their profile. i thought Sheik was the only one, but everyone has one! it's cool looking through all the moves of the new characters and knowing the Final Smashes of everyone

Zeta_Stryker

Smash Rookie
Here's what to expect on Friday

As you guys can see. This' more of a re-cap update to the Stickers, Stage Builder and Adventure Modes.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Awesome update for sure. I love it. Sakurai is giving a purpose for the little things. Coins, trophies, and now stickers... I'm amazed at his genius and the intellect of his staff. Its just so amazing. I love this update due to listening to my favorite song "Intervention" - Arcade Fire - while looking at the Dojo and finding a magnificent triumph of a Friday update.

If you look closer, one sticker (Mona from Warioware, increases slash - so I'm guessing her sticker powers up sword users). So yeah, another is the fortune teller Katrina from Animal Crossing, and she adds magic points (assuming Zelda). Another one adds resistance to the legs, so I'm thinking this makes us more like the heavy characters, and makes it harder to get us off the ground. So definitely awesome power-ups. Sakurai was inventive when he made us work for the stickers and the trophies for better play in the modes. I thank his genius and his staff. He's making us collecting stickers and coins and trophies to unlock the secrets. We need the stickers probably to unlock stuff, beside rare stickers in the hard modes. All I can say is AWESOME!

As from what is seen, its likely the characters are just the same as that when we play them in multi-player. Like Super Sonic, these power-ups increase your stats, not work our way up the nerf ladder. So it is like an RPG. We work our way to like Lv. 100 (figuratively speaking). You know what I mean, until we have the best power-ups [and exclusive power-ups] on our characters.

I know some of you are saying you will never use this, but I think your forced too. If you don't, its going to be a supremely difficult way for you to unlock things in the harder modes. I mean, if we are to unlock new characters, we need to use the stickers since this game looks so hardcore for Nintendo fans and the difficulty ranks actually do look threatening.

I also love how Sakurai is making us gamble. If we lose, half of our stash is gone. However, if we persevere, then we get even more rewards to use.

PS: I love how that this game is so hardcore for Nintendo fans. Some games and characters can't be included as ATs, playables, items, or even bosses and stage backgrounds, so they are giving them some spotlight with the sticker power-up concept. I love it, and incredibly, it looks like its a highlight of Brawl's uniqueness compared to other multi-playing games. There is so much nostalgia and its incredible. I hope that Sakurai IS making people use the stickers just so people can survive in the harder modes to unlock secret stuff. That would shove it in the faces of those who are gloating that they could pass all the modes of SSE without stickers.

starL33T

Smash Cadet
oh man, i love it. great idea, and a use for stickers of course. i only wish that it could be used in multiplayer, so after you select a profile, certain characters would have sticker upgrades, just so you could have more power against friends without stickers.
The 5th screen shot has 3 little heads on the bottom, and i was wondering what it may mean. i think the reasons may be: because its from the kirby universe perhaps only they can use it, being representativers of the kirby universe, or just to be poinient that thats where the "cell phone" sticker originated from.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Awesome. But I have to comment on the previous updates since I wasn't here.

Lost Planet: WOOT great stage, especially the bulborb that comes out. Maybe after it eats you... a picture of a ghost that looks like your character floats up from it!!!

Olimar FS: Great... It's good, but not what I was expecting...

Shiek: Well, I'm glad she's back in. Didn't care much for her, though.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
The sticker update was pretty good. At first, I thought that they were just something stupid... but now, I'll value them a lot more. Sakurai has a lot of good ideas, and this is actually one of my favorite.

I wonder what the strongest sticker will be?

(The Sakurai sticker: Attack, Defense, Speed, Resistance +50 lol)

Zeta_Stryker

Smash Rookie
Oh, I'm sure they'll let you. Considering the difficulty levels and that you'd want to use a more better person suited for that difficulty.

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
Light Arrows! well technically we knew this was coming, so not too surprising. Its nice to know that the attack changes slightly between zelda and sheik (zelda knockback is verticle while sheik knockback is horizontal).

Top Bottom