• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why is Sakurai giving us so much items anyway? he doesn't need filler considering how much he has left to reveal.

icymist

Smash Rookie
the snake update was awesome
They gave us some info on wario.
During the transmission, he said "Don't let him bite you. You'll suffer more than just damage." (blah blah blah) Then he goes on to say that his breath will "stick'' to you and I'm guessing that will cause more damage like the lipstick item.

Plus they gave us real gameplay footage! (Yes they have before, but not like a fight between snake and mario)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
wow, I never would have though Sariku would give up his thread, but anyway this one is just as good I can't wait to see it finished;)

the snake update was awesome
They gave us some info on wario.
During the transmission, he said "Don't let him bite you. You'll suffer more than just damage." (blah blah blah) Then he goes on to say that his breath will "stick'' to you and I'm guessing that will cause more damage like the lipstick item.

Plus they gave us real gameplay footage! (Yes they have before, but not like a fight between snake and mario)
and yea by far this update has been the best besides Bowser's FS

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
man, yeasterdays update was awesome. just when you thought snake couldn't get any more awesome. todays kinda blows, but i'm hoping for crawling or a subspace update tommorow.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Well, we all knew what Fox's Final Smash would be...

DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!

~Dac

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea bloody landmaster tank!? It would have been better if he went in his Arwing and attacked the players like in SF64...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
anyway, just to get this out, i'm going on vacation next wednesday, so i might not be able to update for a few days unless i can access a computer. so this is just so people won't get alarmed when it's not updated
hmmm...i thought i said something about going on vacation...maybe i just didn't tell anyone...OH THERE IT IS!!

yep, i said i was on vacation and don't be alarmed. anyway, updated first post.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
no, just to the place i used to live to see all my old buddies. for some reason, i have this tendency to become friends with people of lower grades, so being a high school grad, most of my buddies were Juniors, so i just went there wednesday to see them and i got home just barely

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ah ok... and maybe when you are not here to update a few of us could prepare them for you?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, sure. i would of updated them where i was, but i had no computer (or i had one, but it was really, REALLY slow) but a prep would be nice for when i'm gone and i can get it ready in a few seconds.

but for now, i'm back on schedule and will update when i say i'll update

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok and also on a side note im considering getting MGS the twin snakes and i presume your a fan of the series... so... you think i should get it? and how good is it?

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
Ok and also on a side note im considering getting MGS the twin snakes and i presume your a fan of the series... so... you think i should get it? and how good is it?
If I can stick my opinion in here?
If you can get over the graphics, the original PS version is far superior.

The music is better (if you can believe it), the voice acting is better, the controls are better... the game all-around has a lot more soul than Silicon Knights' somewhat lifeless remake.

That said, if your only option is Twin Snakes, I'm sure you'll still have a blast with it - MGS is a great game with memorable characters, boss battles and story. It just helps if you don't have the nostalgia from playing the original. XD

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow... you must live under a rock then.

And what do you mean the "First four" dont you mean the first trailer.

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
Ah, it only took forever for Sakurai to update his creation. Kirby's FS looks fantastic.

I heard an idea proposed recently. Since Kirby is such a diverse puff ball, wouldn't it be cool if he had more than one Final Smash? For instance, I know that his Mic ability is popular, and it hits everyone. That would be another unique ability for Kirby, but I dont think it would be implemented. But the thought itself is pretty awesome.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
i love how these updates are so random............

any way his final smash....... i wonder whether ur just playing with smash balls will they appear after teh effects or will nothing comeout?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
It said in the update "After it has taken off a stock"... what!? those that mean it will take a life?

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Epic Win

Holy crap, Sonic confirmed. Sakurai dropped that bomb out of nowhere (well, there was that conference that most people weren't expecting much from, which is where he was announced). I felt his chances were fairly good, but it's still a shock.

Mark my words, today is the day the Brawl officially surpasses Halo 3.

Mario vs. Sonic vs. Snake?

It's like a gamer's wet dream come true. Even those oldschool gamers, that haven't played since back in the SNES days, will have a hard time passing up a Sonic vs. Mario slugfest

Did I mention the HOLY CRAP!?!

And hey, he has signature moves and they don't appear to suck right off the bat.

Also....

HOLY CRAP!

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
I'm glad I'm not the only one with the Mario vs. Sonic vs. Snake dream. Right on. :D

Sonic's confirmation this early was like... Whoa. I'm not entirely sure why Sakurai would do it, but I dont know anything about him. (Dang Japanese). I started to think that it was to bring more people into series with the announcement of a classic character. Sonic games have been kind of crappy recently, (Compared to the good ol' days), and perhaps Sonic's inclusion in Brawl will rekindle love for the hedgehog.

PKnight

Smash Cadet
I'm glad I'm not the only one with the Mario vs. Sonic vs. Snake dream. Right on. :D

Sonic's confirmation this early was like... Whoa. I'm not entirely sure why Sakurai would do it, but I dont know anything about him. (Dang Japanese). I started to think that it was to bring more people into series with the announcement of a classic character. Sonic games have been kind of crappy recently, (Compared to the good ol' days), and perhaps Sonic's inclusion in Brawl will rekindle love for the hedgehog.
One of the reasons people assume that Sakurai released the inclusion of Sonic so early is because he might also be wavering on the release date of December 3rd. The two bits of news kind of balance each other out... Although Sonic being included is pretty epic news.

Also, add another to the list of dreamers of Mario Vs. Sonic Vs. Snake.
Now THAT'S what dreams are made of baby.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm going to come right out and say it. i'm not that big a fan of sonic. i knew he was going to make it though, and it looks like he might be a fun character to play as.

it's disheartining that the release date may be pushed back. i just hope it's not too long

EDIT: ah, just saw the japanese site. the release date for japan seems to be January 24, 2007, so i expect it will come out in 2008. s*** now i'm pissed

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Clearly Sonic was announced to cushion the impact of the release date being pushed. But you know what? Nothing could cancel that out, as it's the worst thing of all negative things to be said about Brawl, besides cancelling it of course, which would never happen.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
unless they unvieled the whole roster...wait, that would be worse cause we would have to wait longer to play as them all!

i dunno. it's pissing me off that smashboards keeps crashing and thousands of sonic fanboys are screaming when i just look at the TBA now...

oh well. the fall trailer is keeping me company. i love seeing all the taunts at the end

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Sonic special moves... heh...
Ah well, at least we get to see more of his moveset..
To be honest I'm not that.. whats the word... Pleased with his appearance so far, however, I think his level should be good.

Top Bottom