• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I doubt ZSS would or should go to top 5, at least at this point in time. But I wouldn't begrudge her B tier or even high in B tier.

I think at this point it's not whether or not ZSS is going up but by how many spots. :p

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Dabuz did better than 9b did at apex...
Dabuz is a pretty big outlier, seeing as how no other Olimar got higher than 25th, whereas all three top ICs users consistently got around the same spot. Even Nakat got 17th going mostly ICs. :smash: If I was to make a tier list based only on APEX 2013 results, it would be:
:metaknight:
:popo:
:diddy:
:snake:
:zerosuitsamus:
:pit:
:olimar:
:dedede:
Everyone else

Edit: Keep in mind that Earth is the only Pit that matters, Ally is a Snake outlier (and he only outplaced Havok by one place, anyway, while using MK), and each char collectively did better than every char I put him/her above.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Snake vs Ics isn't even... snake wins it +1 dude
i thought this until i played 9b. aggressive desynch blizzard approach actually makes life really difficult... but it's hard for the ics to do consistently.

Dabuz is a pretty big outlier, seeing as how no other Olimar got higher than 25th, whereas all three top ICs users consistently got around the same spot. Even Nakat got 17th going mostly ICs. :smash: If I was to make a tier list based only on APEX 2013 results, it would be:
Everyone else

Edit: Keep in mind that Earth is the only Pit that matters, Ally is a Snake outlier (and he only outplaced Havok by one place, anyway, while using MK), and each char collectively did better than every char I put him/her above.
havok also used mk. in fact, i'm pretty sure he mostly went mk. he told me after apex that 'i'm sorry man, but snake is just too... hard.'

mikeray4

Smash Ace
i thought this until i played 9b. aggressive desynch blizzard approach actually makes life really difficult... but it's hard for the ics to do consistently.'
you can just throw a grenade at them when they do that, or walk backward with one....

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Everyone else

Shaky also tied Earth btw.
Wouldn't make sense for Oli to be below Pit cause Oli got 7th, 25th and below whereas Ness/Pit got only 25th and below.
Also ZSS > Snake cause solo mains at 1st and 25th (and every placing below 25th) > non-solo mains at 13th and 17th and then solo mains only at 33rd or lower.
Also what DeLux said.

Then again why am I trying to make sense of a tier list based on only the results of 1 tourney lolwut

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
Havok was definitely on the top of his :snake:'s game at Apex when he lost to Hinkage.

:018:

Posters, it is a good thing to hear a bard with such a divine voice as this man has. There is nothing better or more delightful than when a whole people make merry together, with the guests sitting orderly to listen, while the table is loaded with bread and meats, and the cup-bearer draws wine and fills his cup for every man. This is indeed as fair a sight as a man can see.

Now, however, since you are inclined to ask the story of my sorrows, and rekindle my own sad memories in respect of them, I do not know how to begin, nor yet how to continue and conclude my tale, for the hand of heaven has been laid heavily upon me.

Tylerflipz

Smash Rookie
I actually have found myself to be able to use Ganondorf pretty decently sense I've practiced a lot with him.

Ike=Way underrated, I think honestly some players are better overall in terms of speed, attack strength, and handling....but any character can be superb if you have had enough practice with them. To be good with Ike, I believe timing is key, sense he is as slow as he is, if you miss, your going to be counter-hit pretty easily. But if you master the timing with his smash attacks, your going to blow the competition away.:bee:
Same with Donkey Kong:dk2:-5? What changed their minds so much for him?

Tylerflipz

Smash Rookie
Oh and luigi(-4) yaa, let me use him in a tournament...then let's see whose the 29th tier, and the fox situation went way downhill sense Melee. 1st tier to 16th tier! D:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Still can't take that credit away from salem. If another ZSS had that bracket he did, I don't think they would have got first.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
anyone wanna make side bets on the topic of this thread in apex 2014?

$20 on "still ZSS"

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Still can't take that credit away from salem. If another ZSS had that bracket he did, I don't think they would have got first.
Salem's win is well deserved. The problem is when someone wins a tournament that character/person is godlike because they beat all the Mks and only the Mks. What an amazing metagame
Well, you can't say ZSS "doesn't win tournaments" in the Apex ruleset when a ZSS won Apex.
That was @ IC's. Their success in apex ruleset is nothing like it is in japanese ruleset
the most important tournament.

Salem played against like 4 or five different characters.
He played 2 Marths 1 wolf and the rest were mks. in Pools his winners finals was a marth. Amazing.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
He played 2 Marths 1 wolf and the rest were mks. in Pools his winners finals was a marth. Amazing.
He also played FAE.

But nobody cares about Lucas so w/e

V8 is going to be the reason we're still talking about zss

hey i guess that means in like 107 years we'll be talking about Official Tier List V115
So v115 will come out in 2120?

mikeray4

Smash Ace
I think salem is a great players. His character however gets bodied by ICs and has trouble with falco. If Vinnie didnt get pooped on by Dojo, the ZSS Cinderella story would have never happened :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom