• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Yes I would have done better than Havok. I would have won.

Snake beats dk 65-35. You play to not get hit as snake and it destroys dk. Sadly I'm 1-2 with will atm though :/

Rob beats dk +1, loses to oli -1, potentially beats pikachu? but is def better vs pikachu than snake.

Rob vs Dk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VYE_lEJKp0
How the match up potentially can go for dk. Snake does the same thing. Just don't let him play lol

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I meant everyone as in everyone on the planet (I wasn't talking about just SoCal, I have no idea where you got that from)
ie Falln is better than nobody.

ie Falln sucks.

Jesus Christ I can't believe I had to explain that.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
You didn't really, lolz. If it's trolling, just leave it be. :p

Yes I would have done better than Havok. I would have won.

Snake beats dk 65-35. You play to not get hit as snake and it destroys dk. Sadly I'm 1-2 with will atm though :/

Rob beats dk +1, loses to oli -1, potentially beats pikachu? but is def better vs pikachu than snake.

Rob vs Dk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VYE_lEJKp0
How the match up potentially can go for dk. Snake does the same thing. Just don't let him play lol
That's a very bare-bones analysis, tbh. Neon went very in-depth before as to why the MU is even and it was a pretty compelling argument. A 65:35 is -2 material, something that is neither reflected in the MU chart nor in the opinions of any player, other than yourself, I've heard speak of the MU.

You can't just say, "Snake does the same thing." Snake's projectile abilities aren't as versatile as ROB's. That and a very major point of Neon's before was how Snake can be gimped (yes, gimped, not just hit over and over, although that can certainly happen as well). Good luck gimping ROB. ROB can also gimp DK, something Snake can't really do (gimp =/= edgeguard). For these reasons, I'm going to have to conclude that you are grossly oversimplifying the Snake:DK MU, at least until you gave a more thorough analysis explaining your position.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I think people overcomplicate MU discussions. I don't think anything more than a short, barebones analysis should really be necessary in most cases, unless you have a major point to prove or if the other people don't really have the same understanding of the game that you do.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
I think people overcomplicate MU discussions. I don't think anything more than a short, barebones analysis should really be necessary in most cases, unless you have a major point to prove or if the other people don't really have the same understanding of the game that you do.
People will write books complaining about how you don't go in depth ;__; That's what I do

Not going into too much detail in snake vs dk

1) Dash attack
2) Grenades
Done.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
curse you for mentioning this before i could

so when are we gonna be able to quote things from a previous page?
You can, so long as you get all replies from the page, copy the text at the bottom, go to the next page, paste, then copy again, repeat, etc. until you get to where you want to respond. ^_^

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ i know, thats what i did, but its ******** to have to do that when we had a functional way of multi quoting before

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Dk's mobility is jumping

grenades to control where he jumps, dash attack landing. Never let dk play
DK's faster than Snake in every way. DK can juggle Snake and he has all the perfect tools to put you in the air to be juggled. DK's aerial mobility includes bair walling and AD drifting. Try to DA his landing? Hope you like a charged knuckle sandwich! :smash:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You make it sound like DK's gonna have a 10-wind ready every time he lands....XD
Besides, dash attacks are usually used to punish airdodge landings.

B0NK

Smash Lord
And if he's landing with an aerial, he's blowing up a nade

And since when is Snake approaching a "bair wall" from DK?

And if just being faster than Snake in every way means you beat him, then Bowser must beat Snake too!

bubbaking

Smash Hero
You all make it sound like DK HAS to jump just to move, despite having some good tilts, a good grab + throws, and Hand Slap.

Snake approaches bair walls from DK? I thought walls were meant to keep the bad guys OUT. :c

Who in this thread was crazy enough to say that DK beats Snake?

Put things into context instead of mindlessly arguing with every single thing I say, B0NK. I said that DK is more mobile than Snake, which would definitely help make the MU more even. Dekill said DK's mobility is jumping as if that's all he has. I said that DK is faster than Snake in every way.

DK outranges Snake at mid-range. Who cares if a stray DA hits him here or there? He's got the bulk to take it and he doesn't have the same problem getting down that Snake has. DK's also the one character who probably doesn't really mind trading with Snake too much. Each side has major advantages and disadvantages in this MU. To me, I can see how the DK panel argued that this MU was even for the current MU chart. I can also understand a +1 for Snake, tbh. A 65:35 is simply beyond reason though, and you are grossly overestimating your character if you truly believe this, Dekill, but it seems to me like you are prone to overestimating your own characters. :smash:

You remind me of every DDD main who wants to prove that DDD is a great character. That's admirable, and it evokes some warm, fuzzy, nostalgic feelings inside, but it's probably not smart or reasonable.

Edit: Between gimps, all three of his smashes, Giant Punch, and the cargo stage-spike, DK can kill Snake surprisingly early, yet he will probably never be gimped or KO'd early himself. He will probably live well past 150% and that most definitely lends to an even MU as well.

B0NK

Smash Lord
You all make it sound like DK HAS to jump just to move, despite having some good tilts, a good grab + throws, and Hand Slap.

Snake approaches bair walls from DK? I thought walls were meant to keep the bad guys OUT. :c
I mean Snake never has to approach the wall ever, so what's the point of mentioning it? DK has to get through Snake's wall, not the other way around.

Who in this thread was crazy enough to say that DK beats Snake?
I assumed you were, my assumption was wrong and I misread. I still say it's not close to even.

Put things into context instead of mindlessly arguing with every single thing I say, B0NK. I said that DK is more mobile than Snake, which would definitely help make the MU more even. Dekill said DK's mobility is jumping as if that's all he has. I said that DK is faster than Snake in every way.
Saying this as if you do yourself. Using the same logic, Bowser vs Snake should be "more even."

DK outranges Snake at mid-range. Who cares if a stray DA hits him here or there? He's got the bulk to take it and he doesn't have the same problem getting down that Snake has. DK's also the one character who probably doesn't really mind trading with Snake too much.
All his moves that "outrange" Snake and poke his shield blow up the nade. In practice, DK rarely is trading with snake but instead getting hit by his nades and struggling to land and approach without taking damage.
Each side has major advantages and disadvantages in this MU. To me, I can see how the DK panel argued that this MU was even for the current MU chart. I can also understand a +1 for Snake, tbh. A 65:35 is simply beyond reason though, and you are grossly overestimating your character if you truly believe this, Dekill, but it seems to me like you are prone to overestimating your own characters. :smash:
I believe you overestimate your own character too, as well as underestimate others. This isn't evidence that adds to the discussion so why say such an opinion?

You remind me of every DDD main who wants to prove that DDD is a great character. That's admirable, and it evokes some warm, fuzzy, nostalgic feelings inside, but it's probably not smart or reasonable.
Sounds like you're describing yourself when you were saying D3 beats Snake. Once again, an irrelevant opinion so why mention it?

Edit: Between gimps, all three of his smashes, Giant Punch, and the cargo stage-spike, DK can kill Snake surprisingly early, yet he will probably never be gimped or KO'd early himself. He will probably live well past 150% and that most definitely lends to an even MU as well.
Focusing on the characters strengths and ignoring their weaknesses. You make it sound like DK has no weaknesses in the match up, which is a bias approach to presenting "evidence," that DK vs Snake is even.

Goodnight, maybe I'll talk more tomorrow, maybe I won't.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
People are too dumb to actually space their moves for people's shields rather than the person they're about to hit when you should know whether or not they can shield.

Just about everyone's moves will blow up nades if they hit the nade. If you hit Snake's shield properly spaced and he's stuck in shield for another 12-20 frames and tick tick tick tick tick.

Oh well.
Keep blowing yourselves up guys!

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I mean Snake never has to approach the wall ever, so what's the point of mentioning it? DK has to get through Snake's wall, not the other way around.
I was saying that more in response to Dekill saying that Snake can always just DA DK's landing.

All his moves that "outrange" Snake and poke his shield blow up the nade. In practice, DK rarely is trading with snake but instead getting hit by his nades and struggling to land and approach without taking damage.
Are you forgetting that DK has one of the largest grab ranges in the game? He also has access to some excellent throws for this MU. At mid-range, DK can be very dangerous. On top of the tilts and grab, he has Hand Slap as well.

Basically, DK has a lot of the same strengths that DDD has in this MU, but he has a few of his own as well and he's also missing a bunch of DDD's weaknesses.

I believe you overestimate your own character too, as well as underestimate others.
I overestimate my own character? So that's why I've adamantly argued that DDD:Snake is even despite providing enough results evidence to convince nearly everyone interested that DDD actually wins the MU? <__<

Sounds like you're describing yourself when you were saying D3 beats Snake. Once again, an irrelevant opinion so why mention it?
I don't think I've yet even begun a discussion that had anything to do with a character beating Snake other than Pika +2'ing him.. Stop skimming and start reading, man. :smash:

Focusing on the characters strengths and ignoring their weaknesses. You make it sound like DK has no weaknesses in the match up, which is a bias approach to presenting "evidence," that DK vs Snake is even.
Both char's weaknesses are already well-known, lolz! I don't need to re-iterate them. Right now I'm combating the strongly-instilled opinion that Snake bodies DK, so I'm clearly listing strengths that counteract or make up for the weaknesses and show that the MU isn't lopsided. If I was truly ignoring weaknesses, do you think I'd be arguing for an even MU? Put things in context, man! :glare:

If you want to speak of ignoring weaknesses, then why do you constantly assume that, up close, Snake will never lose because his shield will always be hit while there's a 'nade at his feet? It's like you forget that grabs exist unless it's Snake doing the grabbing (at which point, he suddenly gains a tech so powerful, it 0-100's the entire cast :crazy:). Grenades do cover Snake but they don't make him invincible in CQC.

You also assume that Snake will always shield quick moves that out-range him. The very advantage of those moves is that I can surprise and hit Snake because my effective range bubble is larger than his and my moves are fast enough to tag him before he realizes/reacts. If one could always shield greater-ranged attacks via prediction/reaction, then range would never be a strong point for anyone and chars like Marth wouldn't be as good as they actually are.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
You were talking to a D3 main, what did you expect?
Mewtwo pls.

That's just because people are stubborn.
Kinda hard to convince people with stuff like : DK beats Snake because he's a gorilla and gorillas are cool (Although I personally fully support this argument and makes me believe that DK is +3). I don't think it's a matter of being stubborn, but more of a matter of staying true to your past experiences and not simply changing your mind as soon as some guy tells you he's right and you're wrong.
Also, full essays is kinda the point of the thread; if we want to get a solid idea of what a matchup actually looks like, we HAVE to go in depth, otherwise, one side or another's argument will be missing out some key details.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Wrote a long ass essay just to have this website delete it for the 2nd time for no reason >_>

Tldr: Snake is faster than dk in every way except jumping and uair, bair walls don't work, dash attack punishes all landings except charged punch which doesn't have to be challenged, grenades body dk free and none of dks moves mid range except handslap matter(this move probably sucks too. Never bothered to learn how to punish or avoid it properly.)

Everything else snake does is universal to all the heavies. He's getting juggled and not getting to play at all.

SoulPech

Smash Master
what you guys need to do (this is what I do if I'm typing something long) is type what you want to say on notepad, then copy/paste onto the forum.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wrote a long *** essay just to have this website delete it for the 2nd time for no reason >_>

Tldr: Snake is faster than dk in every way except jumping and uair, bair walls don't work, dash attack punishes all landings except charged punch which doesn't have to be challenged, grenades body dk free and none of dks moves mid range except handslap matter(this move probably sucks too. Never bothered to learn how to punish or avoid it properly.)

Everything else snake does is universal to all the heavies. He's getting juggled and not getting to play at all.
It sounds like you don't know anything about DK. He has a really good airspeed and mobility with a great bair and uair, what do you mean by handslap? DownB? I'd consider that move useful as it counters everything Snake can do on the ground. Seriously, don't underestimated DK, he is a beast.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
It sounds like you don't know anything about DK. He has a really good airspeed and mobility with a great bair and uair, what do you mean by handslap? DownB? I'd consider that move useful as it counters everything Snake can do on the ground. Seriously, don't underestimated DK, he is a beast.
Played will enough to understand that DK is limited and sucks and can't land and can't touch snake for **** without hard reading. Bair sucks vs snake, I never said uair was bad, down B is okay.

I'm 1-2 with Will in tournament and lost to anti's/nairo's Dk. I'm not underestimating the character, I know fully what he's capable of. I also understand that the mu played correctly its close to impossible for dk to win even if he has a lot of good things going for him in the mu. Just never let DK do what he's good at which is really easy for snake to do. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom