• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I just played 3 hours of friendlies... Captain Falcon> Toon Link
I have seen the true path to victory

And Ganon WALKS his way to victory, that is true manliness!

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I think I have discovered the formula for determining "yes, this is going to be a good post"
Captain Falcon > Your Formula

Jigglypuff > Captain Falcon

Mewtwo > Jigglypuff

Shiny Mewtwo* > Mewtwo

Shiny Mewtwo* > All

*referring to the actual pokemon, not myself :p

Also also also

totally legit, I have discovered the true power of Jigglypuff, starting soon I will be bringing in results that will drastically improve her tier list position.

If only I could have began to do so a few months ago so I wouldn't have to wait until Tier list v9 for Puff to rise to her truly deserved spot.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
Totally legit, I found a combo into Falcon Pawnch against everyone on the cast besides Jiggly. Jiggly is too manly to get comboed on.
Falcon confirmed for A tier
SSB5 confirmed
Jiggly confirmed for next Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Oh ****. Can't wait to see Jiggs at the bottom of G tier

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Ho3K really hates on Toon Link and I agree he's overrated but he isn't that bad. He's actually very good in MK-banned tourneys, although he loses to some other good characters too. Jash used to get like 5th-9th at tourneys in NYC/NJ but then went to a reasonably stacked MK-banned tourney and won without dropping a game or something. There are characters above TL right now that couldn't win a tournament if MK was banned and all the ICs players came drunk (Marth, Dedede, maybe Lucario).

He's mid tier but you could do worse.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I still think he is Borderline tier (I really hope they keep that tier) but I can see what you are thinking.

Here is a quick little poll I wanna do. Do you think that Apex and huge tournaments like Nationals should have a mid/low tier tournament? Personally I think Apex should have one for Brawl and maybe Melee (depending on player interest). Maybe not enough people would participate at Nationals, so there should be a pre-tournament poll or something to see if people will participate.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Gehb, do you feel this way from a results stand point or more of a theory craft stand point? I am interested to hear your reasoning behind that stand point.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Theory and results both support a solid +1 for ICs right now. I'm not serious about them "******" Marth. I just like to poke conservative 2008-fundamentalists like Shaya a bit :)

:059:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Can you please explain the advantages and disadvantages for Marth in the MU? I'm not doubting you but I want to know what do you think the MU is about.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Can you please explain the advantages and disadvantages for Marth in the MU? I'm not doubting you but I want to know what do you think the MU is about.
Marth is a cold-ass gangsta, but since ICs wear parkas, they're unaffected by this cold.
Simple logic.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Daily dose of science. Thanks doc.
Also I just realized all your orange posts are links. BRB, backtracking all pages.
You're going to have a lot of fun with this. :awesome:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Daily dose of science. Thanks doc.
Also I just realized all your orange posts are links. BRB, backtracking all pages.
Took you a while. :p

I think I recall a match between like, Mikeneko and 9B at Apex where Mikeneko didn't get grabbed but 9B timed him out or something along those lines. Could've been two different top players though, not sure.

It's not impossible for Marth but he has to be super careful and even then, if he doesn't have the lead the timer works against him more than in quite a few other MUs, IMO.

EDIT: Sorry, it was NEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYRTknccz-A

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Every time I see someone say "9B" I pronounce it in my head and think "QB" and it makes me laugh because i have a friend who was making fun of Ben Rothlisberger and called him "qb sexman 420" and it became a Thing

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
@Illuvial question: I personally think that every tournament with a half-decent amount of setups should run all kind of side-events, like mods, alternate rulesets or lower-tiers.
But people don't do any.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
@Illuvial question: I personally think that every tournament with a half-decent amount of setups should run all kind of side-events, like mods, alternate rulesets or lower-tiers.
But people don't do any.
Whobo3 had a successful low tier tourney, and it was actually pretty damn hype! But when such a large and influential tourney has a side event like that, it makes you wonder why such a large tournament like Apex doesn't...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You'd be surprised the amount of people that are seriously against playing something other than their thin stagelist, regular three-stocked game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There's serious time.

And then there's **** I hate this game and I have nothing else to do so what about we play ganon freeforalls with shells and timers on high with temple only.

You can't hate on people who are super serious all the time.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
That isn't a valid excuse. The only valid excuse would be a lack of interest, and that is obviously BS since it means that no matter who you main you can be competitive in a tourney and play your ACTUAL main if that character was not a top or high tier character.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
nj is nj and tx is tx

70% of regular singles entrants at whobo also enterred mid tier singles some of those people travelled across the country and ONLY enterred mid tier and not reg singles

im not sure how successful that be in mk's homeland of new england though

ya'll should convince xyro to make this year's whobo mk banned like last year , dont tell me u didnt get hyped for toon link going to game five in winners finals!

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
also Apex was running 5(?) Smash events plus however many FGC events, Brawl singles went to what, 4:00 Monday Morning? There simply isn't time to run a Low tier side event at Apex.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
also Apex was running 5(?) Smash events plus however many FGC events, Brawl singles went to what, 4:00 Monday Morning? There simply isn't time to run a Low tier side event at Apex.
If it ended at 4am, I'm pretty sure that means there were time for a Side-event :I

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Brawl tier list opinion (Taken from my post at the BBR). This is for the v8 tier list.

I'll only make a list within god tier, top tier and high tier. I really don't care about low tiers and mid tiers.

God tier

1.- Ice Climbers (Best character in the game if your tech skill is up there, no mistakes, equals, impossible to lose. Forced to approach them eventually, sick desyncs setups, and stomp most of the cast and BEAT Meta Knight if they don't make mistakes). This is similar to Fox being the best in Melee. Results don't show wise, but potentially, technically wise, HE is the best. Same case here. (And Falco is MK in Melee. Super good and beats everyone, and is considered the best, but isn't the best).

2.- MetaKnight (Second best) (Beats anyone but IC's, who doesn't lose to anyone if they play correctly).

Top tier

1.- DiddyKong (Loses to Ice Climbers, and barely loses to MK. Can infinite everyone but DeDeDe, and has lots of setups to do it. Ex Zinoto. And has proven to win nationals, ex, ADHD.).

2.- Olimar (Next best is Olimar, who loses to Meta Knight and Ice Climbers but is also a tiny bit inferior to Diddy Kong as a character).

3.- Marth (Secretly broken. Next best so far. Tons of potential, and we can see SOME of it with Mikeneko, but he needs to more to raise Marth more. Olimar and Diddy have proven a lot so far, Marth hasn't. Marth can beat anyone in the cast.

4.- Pikachu can beat everyone, even IC's, but loses to Olimar, but that's why he's below Marth, who can beat Olimar, and has a very good MU spread.

5.- Snake (Can lose to any top tier, and doesn't really beat any top tier but Diddy -by a tiny bit-. Inferior than all the chars listed above him, but a tiny bit superior than the ones below him. He can kill from anything, even grabs, does well in almost all MU's, but not excellent. Doesn't auto lose vs anyone. Snake can beat Olimar, but ZSS loses to Olimar. This is why Snake is above ZSS. They both equally have trouble with D3 as well, but the fact that Snake does decent vs Olimar, puts him in a superior spot.

6.- ZeroSuitSamus (I've always said she was top tier, but well, people didn't believe until they saw/played Salem). The char has its limitations, and once you know the MU, she gets wrecked in certain scenarios, and can't do anything. Like Snake.

7.- DeDeDe (Can beat anyone in the cast but Meta Knight, who nullifies him with mix ups.) Bad MU's with most of the top tiers, except Marth/ZSS make him the worst top tier. He does decent/not so good vs everyone, but CAN beat them. Superior to Lucario, since more solid MU's and even beats him. That's why he is above Lucario. He can beat Pikachu and Ice Climbers, which Falco can't. This is why DeDeDe is better than Falco MU wise, and tournament wise, better. (Falco is a better char than him, but tourney wise, no). This is why D3 is superior to Falco.

High tier

This tier list is full of chars that simply can't beat the center characters, or most popular ones, or have auto lose MU's.

1- Falco In a metagame that relies on people shielding a lot (he can't kill), grabs (awful position for him, since his recovery sucks) and an AUTO lose MU vs Ice Climbers (Impossible to not run into one in big tourneys) and Pikachu. All of this make him the worse than D3, who can beat everyone but MK (Who Falco can beat) and unviable in tournament when solo'ed. Still better than everyone else below him, though. Thing is, D3 can beat MK's who don't know the MU, or PUT SOME FIGHT. Falco simply can't do ANYTHING to Ice Climbers and Pikachu.

Bottom line: Salem: Falco SUCKS, l0l.

2.- Lucario Trela's proven the char's potential, and both Trela and Junebug proved that its possible to beat MK (M2K). However, Lucario loses to Snake, Olimar, DeDeDe, disadvantageous but winnable MU vs MK and IC's and is also inferior to everyone above him. But superior than everyone below him. Results wise, he's done MUCH more than EVERYONE below him, and has a better MU spread then Wario, and the others.

3.- Wario He has never proven a single thing, and both Abadango and Gluttony came up short when they travelled to compete in the US. Wario loses to every single top tier, and Falco. Below Lucario because results-wise he is done much worse. Super than everyone below him character wise. Wario doesn't have AWFUL match ups, but simply doesn't win any important one, he is always having a 'Small disadvantage). Much more tools, better MU spread and more solid than TL. That's why he is above TL. He also can beat everyone that TL beats, and can beat MK, who TL can't. He would be above Falco, however, Falco has won nationals, and has shown much more solid results than him, ever. Same as Lucario.

4.- Toon Link Very good in doubles and decent in Singles, and has proven to do some things here and there. Superior than GW and Peach. Much more solid, and more options. He can beat IC's and Olimar, he has the tools, but loses those MU's regardless. He has a better Snake MU than Peach which puts him higher than her in the tier list. Even though he does better than Falco vs Ice Climbers and Pikachu, but loses to MK who Falco beats, he simply doesn't have the tourney results to BE above the chars that are above him. There's potential, however.... nothing to back it up. That's he is BELOW Falco, Lucario, Wario and TL.

Both Peach and GW suck, but so far... we haven't seen anything from both. Only char who's taken a set off of something to look upon on is Illmatic beating ESAM once and Vinnie beating Esam with Peach, but that just means Esam himself struggles vs Peach.

But for this.... Peach has done better than GW. And SiiS6 results (Nicole 2nd) is better than everything GW has done before. She also doesn't insta lose vs Olimar and IC's like GW does, which obviously makes her much more solid. She also doesn't insta loses to IC's and Pikachu like Fox, she can actually beat both.

So Peach is the best next.

5.- Peach

6.- Wolf loses to Ice Climbers, Pikachu, and most top tiers, and D3. Same as Fox. That's why he is all the way below here. Thing is, he can put more of a fight vs most top tiers and Olimar/IC's than GW and a better fight vs Pikachu and IC's than Fox, who AUTO loses to both. That makes Wolf superior than GW MU wise and Fox and he is also a bit better than GW as a character. And more consistent than Fox. More solid and reliable than him, GW just hopes you run into his attacks, which he HAS to throw out in desesperate motions, sadly. Fox can't beat shield, and auto loses to the center of our metagame and best char, therefore... he is unviable.

7.- Fox Insta loses to Ice Climbers and Pikachu. Which makes him unviable in tournament play, sadly. And possesses less tools than Falco and Wolf. He is more solid of a char than Peach and Toon Link, but he just can't handle Pikachu and Ice Climbers, which both TL and Peach can. And they also have decent match ups too vs other top tiers (Nothing spectacular, neither Fox, who should lose to most top tiers).

8.- GW (already epxlained why).

Then it's mid tier.

So these are my opinions and my list for Top tier and High tier, thoughts?

(Pit hasn't done a SINGLE thing. Not even in Japan, besides of doubles. And loses to IC's, Snake, MK, DeDeDe, Marth, Diddy and Falco. Which obviously doesn't put him in a good spot). Not enough information to put him in a proper spot.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
Dat DeDeDe placement... I don't see how a character with almost unwinnable match-ups against the 2 best characters on your list (Climbers and MK) as well as tough Match-Ups versus Diddy and Olimar is a top tier... Not to mention he loses to Pika (not a common character thankfully) and Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom