• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The only thing that made me think was how on earth anyone in their right mind could possibly argue that stage should be legal. And even after reading it I was thinking the same thing.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Well the thing is that Mario Bros. falls under very different ban criteria than any other stage if you look at it objectively

of course you're probably not intelligent enough to do that (you were opposed to PS2 earlier in this thread, right?) and any discussion that takes place in this thread will be a repeat of the linked thread

so

Lucas should be mid tier.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Join me in making Distant Planet legal Dabuz.
It's legitimately the fairest counter pick stage in the universe, and now (due to Diddy / Snake) everyone at high/top level has to be geeeeeeamazing with items, all of distant planet's uncompetitive points go down the drain.

IMO Brawl could have a really solid "alternative game" just by having PS2 and Distant Planet legal only. Such amazingly high depth stages.
Ok, but only if ai no uta is the only legal song for DP.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Gashi, what Grim said (besides the PS2 misconception) is that Mario Bros. was already discussed over that thread.
General consensus that playing there does indeed change compeltly the game, but different is not inherently bad. The game revolving around items give some characters more options, and helps those that struggle scoring kills. It might make reflectors a big overcentralizing, but that's an issue for other moment.

The point is, while playing there is a different, refreshing experience, it simply doesn't fit in the current metagame.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
...and when did I ever say that changing the game was a bad thing?

I said its obviously a bad stage, due to the fact that there are walking hazard that can be picked up and thrown, and can kill almost immediately. Nothing to do with the stage's gameplay mechanic at all, just ridiculously game changing hazards.

Stop assuming I dont know what he means.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Homestuck is a cornerstone of the cancer that only serves to destroy the well being of the internet I call a home. :applejack:
I don't believe this.

It's one thing to think that something sucks. I can honestly understand that. I know a lot of things in various mediums who I look at and go …how does anyone like this(cough MLP cough)?But YOU KNOW WHAT? PEOPLE CAN LIKE WHAT THEY WANT. Likening Homestuck to cancer? Ohh your life must be so hard. How do you find the will to get out of bed in the morning knowing that people actually like Homestuck.

The worst part is that i'm getting the 3rd degree from a brony. Like, I'd expect someone from the brony fandom to be a little more considerate, seeing as how they deal with this **** on 24/7 basis.

I couldn't care less about the jeers from the other users, but this post pissed me off.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Are we really going to get in to subjectivity?

This discussion. :facepalm:

Unless of course it goes against criteria of what makes something at least 'objectively' (according to humans as a whole) okay at the very least. Then maybe I can accept the judgement.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd rather see more Peach posts and discussion over posts that contain any praise about something so abysmally horrid. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because I'm not going to base my opinion on something by just reading one insignificant chapter.
That's the worst thing you could ever do. If I'm gonna be judgmental, I'd rather do it after a decent amount of experience. :applejack:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Being judgmental is pointless if you're not going to support your criticism though, you're not going to dissuade Homestuck obsession by saying it sucks, but if you actually point out a flaw with it I might think "oh hey, I never noticed that before. Wow, Homestuck really isn't that good, I'll stop talking about it"

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Awful just awful

But it was already clear you are not the king of perspicacity because you are in full lockdown mode. When given a series of reasonable and logical remarks at odds with your perception, you become stubborn and hostile. This is because it is painful when you discover you're on the wrong side of the truth, and the response is only natural.

I imagine it is an even worse feeling to discover you're on the wrong side of not stupid.

I seriously wonder how you got into the BBR with that attitude / close-mindedness.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You make it seem like I'm trying to change your mind.
If you like filth, then hey, go play in it to your heart's content. :applejack:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
When they are Brawl Sonic-related, Espy's posts use to be pretty darn good.
He still seems to dislike everything anad everyone in life, though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When they are Brawl Sonic-related, Espy's posts use to be pretty darn good.
He still seems to dislike everything anad everyone in life, though.
I come and go. Give me anything to talk about anywhere, and I can make a good conversation when I put coherent thought and empathy into it.
I do hate everything and everyone in life though. :[

This seems pretty off topic
Indeed. I'm actually surprised by how far it went.

So why did you even bring up that you hate it XD what was your goal and did you achieve it?
So I can express my distaste for something that obviously deserves it.
And yes. Very, very, very much so. :applejack:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm a sociopath and even I don't hate everyone, gotta be more optimistic Espy

Snake is actually really good he's just hell difficult imo
He got worse as everyone got better, but I think he is due to move up the ranks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom