• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSP

Smash Legend
and who gives a **** about sonic? He beat a bunch of people who didn't know a match up. I guarantee someone like shugo would 2 stock X and espy

Still have those 08 matchup johns I see.

Lol, see this is what I was talking about. People are going to pull the most BS reasons to say Sonic's not proving himself or why his accomplishments should be ignored. Like the "lots of Sonic players" lol what does that have to do anything if none of them place well? We don't pay attention to bad MKs do we? Undeserved hate.....

Most of you are just refusing to look at the evidence in front of you. Sonic has proven that he can perform well at high level. Most of you are just too stubborn to see what's right in front of you, and you fail to realise just how big top 5 in a national is (not saying that's his only proof). You guys realise bad characters don't do well in tournaments right? You realise most of B tier, C tier, and D tier don't have similar accomplishments right? InB4 "his tools are bad" Have you thought that maybe you're the one who still thinks his tools are bad? Maybe you're just not paying attention to what's happening? Geez. In other words, you've used knowledge from the beginning of the game to judge Sonic, and now you refuse to change your opinion on him even though he's proving himself superior to what you thought. This is just stupid.

Blacknight, you just said why should we care about a character that has proven he has the potential to take a national. Lol.

TBH, at the least, I'd put Sonic where Tink is now on the list if it was updated now. Before you say I'm ******** or something, pay attention to what is actually happening in tournaments right now, and don't let your (most likely WRONG)analysis of Sonic tell you he's still almost low tier.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
this. lol jk.
I don't know what else people are looking for to validate sonic. i mean last tier list sonic players in general did as much as you would expect of a mid tier character outside of beat M2K (X had a legit shot tho IMO) or win an MLG tourney (5th and 6th apparently isn't enough) let it go. hes mid tier. not easy to spam or learn his tactics with, but still, solid mid tier.

Personally, Its MK and Lucario for worst matchups. If sonic had better killing potential most matchups would be dead even IMO but oh well...

Browny

Smash Hater
Have you thought that maybe you're the one who still thinks his tools are bad? Maybe you're just not paying attention to what's happening?
In be4 idiots try to say results are independant of tools, making the massive assumption that they KNOW exactly how good a characters 'tools' actually and every single aspect of playing as that character.

It's OK to admit you dont know everything about every character guys, youll only be joining the 100% of players of this game.

C.J.

Smash Master
Who the hell cares if Sonic's tools are mediocre? He has so many options at almost any given point in time it is near impossible to cover them all. Sonic is good not because his tools are awesome, but because of the sheer number of options he has, which is only increased by his speed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sonic has more bad matchups than you think. However they tend to be not as severe as imagined.

Wario for example is only 6:4 or 55:45 against Sonic. It's a tiny edge in reality compared to that 08-09 mindset that Bite is too good.

MK something like 6:4, probably 65:35 or worse on some of the nastier CP stages.

I've heard Espy say Peach has a slight edge on him. Same with Wolf I think.

Other matchups he is disadvantaged in tend to only be 4:6 or 45:55.

I still dunno why we are talking about Japan vs America.

Who the hell cares if Sonic's tools are mediocre? He has so many options at almost any given point in time it is near impossible to cover them all. Sonic is good not because his tools are awesome, but because of the sheer number of options he has, which is only increased by his speed.
Sometimes I wonder if you have to cover them all though. Simply cover the ones that matter.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Kid
my comment on bite > Sonic was out of place. Just a bit/lot misworded. Shoulda said bite does present a problem along with being heavy and hard to gimp. My mistake.

MK is really Sonic's hardest o.O?! MKs need to step it up

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I'm gonna throw out a tier list based on what I've seen written and my opinions. Most changes are subtle, but there are some big moves here and there. As a nobody feel free to rip my tier list apart.

S Tier:
1.Meta Knight

A Tier:
2.Diddy
3.Snake
4.Falco
5.Wario
6.Marth
7.Olimar

B Tier:
8.Ice Climbers
9.Pikachu
10.King Dedede
11.Lucario
12.Mr Game &Watch
13.Zero Suit Samus

C Tier
14.Toon Link
15.Kirby
16.Fox
17.Pit
18.Sonic
19.Rob
20.Peach
21.Donkey Kong
22.Wolf

D Tier:
23.Zelda/Sheik
24.Ike
25.Yoshi
26.Ness
27.Sheik
28.Luigi

E Tier:
29.Pokemon Trainer
30.Bowser
31.Lucas
32.Mario
33.Captain Falcon
34.Samus
35.Link

F Tier:
36.Jigglypuff
37.Zelda
38.Ganondorf

To me that is one of the more accurate tier lists. Bowser is a tad high imo but I really like it.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I kinda liked that list too. Changes:

Wario and Marth should be switched. IC and D3 should be switched. Olimar and pikachu should move up to 5th and 6th, respectively. Pretty good though.

I kinda liked that list too. Changes:

Wario and Marth should be switched. IC and D3 should be switched. Olimar and pikachu should move up to 5th and 6th, respectively. Pretty good though.
Aside from luigi being quite low... Looks good enough to me :O
To me that is one of the more accurate tier lists. Bowser is a tad high imo but I really like it.
Just wait. All other tier lists turned out the same. The three of you have even started it. Luigi too low! Bowser too high! There will be others as well lol

I still question the idea of using shiek and zelda together in match-ups.

I said imo. I don't wish for him to change it at all, I was simply giving my thoughts on the matter. It's his list, and it's good.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
^^^ what does that first part mean?

And having Z and S together in match ups is a good idea, I think. They DO have the option of switching back any time.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I just think Luigi is overrated. A lot. He is a character who has, and I believe will continue, to be more and more abused as the game moves on. I think his mobility will prove to be even more debilitating then it is now.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Just a question for you, and a lot of people for that matter, why do people keep putting Falcon above Samus?

D

Deleted member

Wolf should be higher. Kain taking some names at SiiS4! He just beat Atomsk.

^^^ what does that first part mean?

And having Z and S together in match ups is a good idea, I think. They DO have the option of switching back any time.
I simply never really saw many match-ups where using both in a single match was actually to their advantage. So many match-ups can be done solo by either. When I think of this, I think of them as seperate instead of together. And by doing that it makes sense to merely keep them in their own respective tiers. It would be like having a main and a secondary.

Savon

Smash Ace
Wolf is nothing but gimmicks. Atomsk died to the most gimmicky Wolf gimmick game 3.
What exactly is a gimmicky character? People keep throwing this phrase around, but not really explain what they mean? What qualities make Wolf a gimmicky character?

Tesh

Smash Hero
So it looks like DDD should move up some.....Coney just jv 3 stocked M2k.

DDD above Snake now? DDD can win nationals.

Savon Wolf is a gimmicky character because everything he does is a gimmick. His specials are gimmicks. His throws are gimmicks and so are his aerials. Just like Sonic. 5 gimmicky aerials, 4 gimmicky specials, 3 gimmicky tilts, a gimmick jab, grab and some gimmicky smashes. I also find his airdodge to be a HUGE gimmick.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Let's all tune in for everyone's day-time game!:

WHEEL

OF

CHARACTER PERCEPTION!!!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
He 3-stocked him once and then got shut down in games 2 and 3.

Nope, Dedede is mid tier. Sorry :( He'd have been mid tier even if he won the whole tournament, honestly. :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Watch this

Luigi player

Smash Master
He 3-stocked him once and then got shut down in games 2 and 3.

Nope, Dedede is mid tier. Sorry :( He'd have been mid tier even if he won the whole tournament, honestly. :p
Yeah he got shut down at NORFAIR and the last match wasn't that bad (last stock low-mid % iirc), but there was no LGL so M2K could plank forever and Coney couldn't do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom