• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0: R.O.B.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
-4 to +4

-4 being ROB 0-100ish
-3 being ROB 20-80ish
-2 being ROB 30-70ish
-1 being ROB 40-60ish
0 being even

I think you can guess the rest. I say ish, because +1 can be seen as only 55:45, not as far as 60:40. That sorta thing.
So you're saying Fox vs ROB is 70:30 for Fox? Way off dude. More like 55-45 Fox or at worst 60:40.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I never said that, the BBR did. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of MUs they have on there. I agree, Fox isn't that bad for ROB.

Here's what the BBR has for each number, I guess I was kinda off.

-4: (close to) unwinnable
-3: large disadvantage/hard countered
-2: medium disadvantage
-1: small disadvantage
0: even
+1: small advantage
+2: medium advantage
+3: large advantage/hard counter
+4: (close to) unloseable

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
We were told to ignore the old numbering system when making the new chart.

Trying to convert it is a tad hard when people find different values for the system.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't think R.O.B. has that big of an issue with Fox, since - unlike Falco - his laser can't stun us (even though it's still annoying).

As for Olimar, how does R.O.B. have a disadvantage against Olimar? R.O.B. has Robo Beam to tack on damage, and can fly a thousand miles off stage to gimp the hell out of him. Yeah, Olimar has camping/spamming abilities too, but once he's off stage, we can just keep him off. Of course, it does require some prediction for when the foe uses Pikmin Order to give them super armor. I smell a conspiracy. o.O

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hah, I have harder times with ok foxes than I do good falcos
but i'm weird i guess

Bees!

Smash Ace
Olimar isn't that bad. utilt and dtilts to get pikmin off. also dtilt disrupts grabs. Gyro ***** pikmin and aerials do well vs him(lingering hitboxes). its a stupid mu because I spend most of my time walking and tilting. But its not that bad. Just really weird.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Fox - our disadvantage.
Olimar - our advantage.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't believe Fox is disadvantageous. Actually, I believe the Fox/R.O.B. MU to be in R.O.B.'s favor overall, though it also depends on counterpicks and starters. At the very worst, I'd say the MU could end up even.

Steam

Smash Hero
I never said that, the BBR did. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of MUs they have on there. I agree, Fox isn't that bad for ROB.

Here's what the BBR has for each number, I guess I was kinda off.

-4: (close to) unwinnable
-3: large disadvantage/hard countered
-2: medium disadvantage
-1: small disadvantage
0: even
+1: small advantage
+2: medium advantage
+3: large advantage/hard counter
+4: (close to) unloseable
yeah medium advantage never translated into 30:70.... that's hard counter lol...

but the old ratios are gone anyways.

in other news, I don't think lucario has enough of an advantage on RoB to have the +1 that he has :I

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
yeah medium advantage never translated into 30:70.... that's hard counter lol...

but the old ratios are gone anyways.

in other news, I don't think lucario has enough of an advantage on RoB to have the +1 that he has :I
me neither

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Lucario is definitely our disadvantage too. Too lazy to argue why but whatever.

Also; why did they replace (for instance) "30:70" with "1/8"?

Steam

Smash Hero
what?

the old 30/70 would probably fall under +/- 3 at this point. and it's to help get everyone on the same page with everything... and it kinda failed since people are just translating it from the old... and most people translate it quite differently :s

and I mean Lucario beats RoB... by some margin... but I think it's too small to give him a +1. He just abuses his recovery way too hard :/. RoB's offstage tools pretty much **** his recovery : I

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I believe Lucario has the jump on R.O.B. do to his priority with his aura, and there aren't a whole lot of options for R.O.B. to combat that part. Lucario's ability to string us while he's at a low percentage can be a headache too. The thing preventing this MU from being too much of a pain is that we can gimp Lucario's recovery fairly easily. So far, our best options for damage racking would be our Ftilt/Fair, since they're fast and have good range. I don't know if they can beat the range of some of Lucario's aura-based moves, but they're still reliable. Thing is, they're also predictable. I'll go more into my analyses in the MU thread for when we discuss Lucario... unless Lucario was already discussed. :p

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
what?

the old 30/70 would probably fall under +/- 3 at this point. and it's to help get everyone on the same page with everything... and it kinda failed since people are just translating it from the old... and most people translate it quite differently :s

and I mean Lucario beats RoB... by some margin... but I think it's too small to give him a +1. He just abuses his recovery way too hard :/. RoB's offstage tools pretty much **** his recovery : I
Lucario is floaty, and therefore is very hard to get off stage to get the early kills ROB needs in this MU. If you're getting gimped offstage at early percents, you're probably not playing the MU correctly. :/

Higher percents, yeah, ROB can abuse Lucario's bad recovery, but so can a lot of characters.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah, what Zwarm said, gimping the recovery doesn't make a big difference.

Lucario's moves beat out ROB's

Aura sphere also ***** ROB's recovery.

It's enough to make it +1

Steam

Smash Hero
RoB doesn't gimp lucario. he racks a **** ton of damage offstage though. most characters actually can't abuse lucario's recovery because he's so floaty. the only weakness is his upB so he's usually good with non-terrible DI. RoB does it so well because he can reach lucario way up high and lucario can't stall RoB out with Dairs. and RoB Bair goes through everything >_>

and fair beats everything lucario has in the air horizontally except a bair from diagonally underneath.

and RoB Ftilt beats everything lucario has on the ground except Fsmash.

vertically luc Dair beats RoB Uair but lucario has to space it reaaaaally well. And when RoB is above lucario he gets molested really bad. Uair lingers forever and if RoB ADs it it's usually a free dair for lucario.

RoB also outspeeds inside with Dsmash/Dtilt.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
No it's not R.O.B.'s favour at all. We can't kill and when Lucario is at high percentage (usually around 180 % against R.O.B.) he racks up damage/kills us really quick while we can't do something about it. He has a stupidly good combo game on us, and he pressures us and pokes our shield like crazy.

Gimping, you say? Lucario can't be gimped at low percentages anyway because he has options to prevent it from already happening or ways around it. I agree that R.O.B. can gimp him but only on high percentages (by then; we're already a stock behind).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
ccst that is very situational logic. Why can't you gimp Lucario at low %?
Lucarios recovery is very predictable, limited, laggy and slow startup.

I believe Lucario vs Rob is pretty even and is heavily advantaged for whoever has the momentum. Lucario can keep the momentum better though, but it's nothing too big.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'm not saying RoB can gimp lucarios recovery at low%. but I am saying that he can build a **** ton of damage. and if he puts him offstage at mid% he can just keep putting lucario out until he's dead. RoB is one of the best at doing it since he can just float up too him and effectively force lucario to use extremespeed no matter how good lucario DIs since RoB can just follow luc up and swat him back out most of the time. He's one of the few characters that still ***** luc's recovery even when he's not recoverying low... and recovering low is probably luc's best bet against RoB... just be ready to tech the stage.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I'm not saying RoB can gimp lucarios recovery at low%. but I am saying that he can build a **** ton of damage. and if he puts him offstage at mid% he can just keep putting lucario out until he's dead. RoB is one of the best at doing it since he can just float up too him and effectively force lucario to use extremespeed no matter how good lucario DIs since RoB can just follow luc up and swat him back out most of the time. He's one of the few characters that still ***** luc's recovery even when he's not recoverying low... and recovering low is probably luc's best bet against RoB... just be ready to tech the stage.
Most ROB's don't understand how awesome it is to keep people off the stage >.>

Steam

Smash Hero
Bees does :(

he understands well.

there was a time where I had played him between 1000-2000 times where I would consistantly beat him. then after the 2,000th time I played him he really learned how to abuse lucario offstage at any%. now if I win it's because of aura gimmicky bull****. lol

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I'm not saying RoB can gimp lucarios recovery at low%. but I am saying that he can build a **** ton of damage. and if he puts him offstage at mid% he can just keep putting lucario out until he's dead.
And Lucario can build a ton of damage on R.O.B. by simply put him in the air from an U-throw. =P

Steam

Smash Hero
RoB isn't in nearly as bad of a situation... but of course Lucario has an easier time putting him there.

though with Gryo reversals RoB has the tools to get away. And once RoB gets past lucario he's usually safe. even if luc avoids rob he can still get punished onstage lol.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Peach versus ROB is not even, ask stingers.

Bees!

Smash Ace
idk. I face Meno in just about every tourney here in CO. And have beaten Peachkid in tourney as well. imo its even.

Bees!

Smash Ace
you forget the part where you're better than meno and peachkid. jussayin.
My point remains valid. Its even imo
I will have to fight other Peach players too.
If all goes well maybe I can be a Peach slayer XD
I could get a nickname like "Ladykiller" or "Who Cares?" XD

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
can somebody please explain why fox is 60:40 to rob?

-_-

Thats soo stupid, lol the mu is not bad at all. At least I dont see it.

This is how it should be imo. MY OPINION! so dont go hating on me. I'm bad at the game anyway, so its not like this list has to become the real chart or anything

:rob:
-4: :dedede:
-3: :metaknight: :falco:
-2: :olimar: :zerosuitsamus: :snake: :wario: :gw:
-1: :pikachu2: :lucario: :toonlink: :pit: :fox:
0: :diddy: :marth: :kirby2: :peach: :dk2: :sheilda: :samus2:
1: :luigi2: :wolf: :ike: :sheik: :ness2: :yoshi2: :lucas: :mario2: :bowser2: :link2: :popo: :zelda:

I was going to supply reasoning, but i really don't have time for it. Plus I wont be able to explain it in enough detail to prove my point. blah blah blah

But anyway, I just play this game for the lulz now so who cares i guess :)

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Where is Sonic, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff and Ganondorf? And Olimar is in our favour. My chart (not in any specific order):

:rob:

(30:70) -4: :metaknight:
(35:65) -3: :dedede: :zerosuitsamus:
(40:60) -2: :snake: :falco: :gw: :toonlink: :lucario: :peach:
(45:55) -1: :wario: :marth: :pikachu2: :fox: :pit:
(50:50) 0: :diddy: :kirby2: (:rob:) :luigi2: :sheilda: :ike: :yoshi2: :samus2:
(55:45) 1: :popo: :olimar: :dk2: :wolf: :sonic: :sheik: :ness2: :lucas: :mario2: :falcon: :zelda:
(60:40) 2: :pt: :bowser2: :jigglypuff: :link2:
(65:35) 3: :ganondorf:

Pretty accurate if you ask me, but this may change over the years. Oh and if we split PT, then Squirtle is a "-1", Ivysaur a "3" and Charizard a "1".

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Eh, none of us agree on this xD

Heres my list, the further right they go the easier they get within each section. Also added an arrow for the ones where I'm on the fence about them.

-3: :dedede: :metaknight:(still think he needs a -2.5 section)
-2: :falco: :zerosuitsamus:
-1: :toonlink: :snake: :pit: :lucario:
0: :peach:(^?) :fox:(^?) :wario:(^?) :pikachu2: :gw: :marth: :kirby:
1: :sonic:(^?) :luigi2: :dk2: :olimar: :wolf: :ike: :yoshi2: :samus2: :diddy: :popo: :sheilda: :sheik:(v?) :bowser2:(v?) :mario2:(v?) :ness2:(v?) :lucas: (v?)
2: :falcon: :pt: :zelda: :jigglypuff: :link2:
3: :ganondorf:

Top Bottom