• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Banjo-Kazooie discussion thread.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
He never said they'd try and get rare back, just Banjo. I think that's what they should try to do, just buy the Banjo rights from Microsoft and use him how they please, hopefully in Brawl.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
I doubt that Nintendo is going to go and buy the rights for one character just to add on to Brawl or use for themselves when they got so many others of their own. A pity concidering I liked Banjo Kazooie and would have loved to see them in Brawl.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
Correction: Rare is part of Microsoft. A 1st party.

Any characters from Microsoft/Rare/other 1st parties over there won't happen. Rare still makes games for the GBA and DS because Microsoft doesn't have a foot in the handheld industry. Microsoft makes money from Rare developing for the DS.
Rare is a company owned my Microsoft. Not part of them. That's what a second party is. Seperate from the console dev, but owned by them.

Mr.Smash

Smash Apprentice
i dont care what anyone says... recreate em, and name em with a little accent above a vowel for all i care... i love B-K

Blood Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Putting Banjo and Kazooie would be a smart idea. their recovery would just be like ice climbers, kazooie separates from banjo but somehow they both still live and a f smash would be banjo just smacking someone using Kazooie as a weapon lol.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
That's a very good question that Nintendo has failed to ever explain. Also, if you'll notice, the "Rare" pin that is usually on Dixie Kong's hat is myseriously absent in her trophey. I think that Nintendo and Microsoft had been planning the sell/buy for a long time in advance.

Rabiteman

Smash Cadet
A little over here, a little over there, and maybe
Awww, man. It'd be awesome if they got in, I love Banjo-Kazooie. They'd have a great moveset. But, I highly, highly, highly doubt it beyond belief, but I wouldn't mind if I was wrong.:) Curse Nintendo for selling them, even if Starfox Adventures was a cheap copy of Oot and CBFD was somewhat questionable...maybe a bit more than somewhat... I really wanted that Banjo-Threeie.:cry:

kaid

Smash Master
Banjo-Kazooie, Midna/Wolflink, and Deoxys all would have totally out-of-nowhere attacks, by combining the pair's abilities. (or in Deoxys's case, suddenly growing a spike where there wasn't one before.)

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
This is a tough one, Nintendo didn't really cared for Rareware games, back then, Nintendo was probably trying to establish a decent video game library. Shigeru Miyamoto practically hated the first Donkey Kong Country game, because it was more on graphics instead of good gameplay. But as soon as it got to Goldeneye 007, Nintendo decided to allow more brutal games that would please older gamers. But now, that Nintendo sold Rareware to Microsoft, I don't think Nintendo has the rights to use Rareware characters developed by them anymore. *or do they?*

We're looking at Bill Gates here!! Do you think he would allow a character to join a game from Nintendo! I DON'T THINK SO! Nintendo is a powerful company and so is Microsoft! There is another duel going on here, too!

The Banjo & Kazooie characters are another unique characters, just like Zelda/Sheik, Samus, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch.
These are two characters in one!
For me, personally, I would LOVE to see them join the brawl.
But this is tough to say.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
microsoft and nintendo are working together? i didnt know that... pretty awsome... if thats true its a brilliant idea to cross over characters from both companys to each others games...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Did Miyamoto hate DKC? It was only the best platformer on the SNES! It was original, great gameplay, storyline, music and graphics he's just jeleous because his player 2 was a re-colour and rare's was completly different.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
1. Miyamoto loved Banjo Kazooie. Or at the very least, he was talking about how neat it was and such in an interview before it came out.

2. Miaymoto did complain about the original DKC (which is stupid, because not only did he have the power to change anything he didn't like, but HE WAS IN THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM.), but later apologized as he stated that he was still bitter when his superiors turned down the early concept of Yoshi's Island due to its graphics and tried to force him to use the same silicon graphics technique that the DKC's used. Obviously he didn't, but it shows that there's two sides to every story.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Banjo-Kazooie starred in to great games(in my opinion). I would love to see them i brawl, & would make a moveset, but i am not for certain what they should have, but only because they have multiple moves to be put in each move slot (by slot, i mean, b^, b, & so forth).But i read somewhere (gameinformer, i think) that microsoft was creating a sequal to Banjo-Tooie(which would probably be named Banjoe-Kazooie 3, not Banjo threeie, what grunty says at the end of Banjo-Tooie was most likely just a joke...).This may or may not ruin or decrease Banjo & his partners chances of getting into Brawl...Im praying for it, though!!!

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Banjo Kazooie is perfect, because if they take out the Ice Climbers... then they would have another team of two I have mentioned this idea somewhere before :):)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Banjo Kazooie is perfect, because if they take out the Ice Climbers... then they would have another team of two I have mentioned this idea somewhere before :):)
Whoa, hold on their, i like Banjo & Kazooie & everything, but take out the Ice climbers??No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As i said somewhere else, the ice climbers will probly get downpowered like Kirby & Ness. Although if they do take out ice climbers, Banjo-Kazooie would be great to fill in the spot. Unless it is already planned that Pit will be stealing the spotlight from Popo & Nana. Personnally, i hope Pit replaces G&W if anyone. Sorry, of topic...

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
I've got a moveset and stats for them.

Max Running Speed: = Dr. Mario
Jump Strength: = Link
Midair Jump Strength: a little higher than Kirby
Strength: A little stronger than Dr. Mario
Weight: about Link's weight with a bit higher of fall speed (Hey, all the honey he eats has got to go SOMEwhere.)
Double-Jump Style: Flying (Like Metaknight/Pit)

A Button
On Ground
Neutral (A, A, A): Two-Swipe Combo, followed by the Pack Whack. Little to no knockback, 2-4% damage per connected attack.
Combo (after Neutral, A, A...): Kazooie Peck move. No knockback, 1% per, disjointed.
Ftilt: Pack Smack (like Pack Whack, but only hits in front). Slightly more knockback, 7%.
Dtilt: Wing Sweep (Kazooie uses her wings to protect Banjo). Same knockback as Ftilt, 5% per, 4 hits (2 in front, 2 behind).
Fsmash: Breegull Barge (s/e if you're a fan). Medium-heavy knockback, 30-45% (depending on charge level).
Usmash: Double Headbutt (Banjo does a headbutt attack like Mario's, but Kazooie immediately follows). Mid-heavy knockback, 10-25% per hit (depending on charge level), 2 hits.
Dsmash: Breegull Bash (self-explanatory if you're a fan.) Mid-heavy knockback, 35-50% (depending on charge level).​
Mid-Air
Nair: Banjo does a punch with a 360-degree sidespin (Think Mario Tornado, but slower and with only one spin). 10%, sex kick.
Fair: Kazooie does a powerful forward peck, taking the two into a full single frontflip. (Like Mario's, but Kazooie uses her beak.) 15%, spike (if hit when Kazooie is looking toward the ground), disjointed.
Bair: Banjo does a backhand, which spins him in the opposite direction of his Nair.
Uair & Dair: Just like Mario's.​
B Moves
Neutral: Breegull Blaster. Self-explanatory if you're a fan. Works like Fox's Laser combined with the Super Scope, with Normal Eggs (1%, normal effect w/ eggshell fragments, very light knockback) being light shots, Fire Eggs (10%, flame effect, light-medium knockback) being medium-charged shots, and Grenade Eggs (30%, explosion, heavy knockback) being fully-charged shots.
Secret: If you are holding a Fire Flower as Regular Kazooie or using Dragon Kazooie, Fire Eggs will leave a PK Fire-esque effect wherever they land for 2-3 seconds and be used in rapid fire instead of normal Eggs.
Secret 2: If you are holding a Freezie as Regular Kazooie or using Articuno Kazooie, Fire Eggs become Ice Eggs (10%, frost effect, light-medium knockback, 20% chance of freezing)! Obviously cannot be combined with the above secret, however.
Smash: Talon & Tail Torpedo. Banjo strikes a DBZ-esque charging pose then, upon release, changes to a"Superman!" pose while Kazooie opens her wings. Like the Luigi Missile, but misfiring doesn't go quite as far and produces a burst of wind as opposed to an explosion. 8% fire, 25% misfire. Performable during Flight descent and allows Banjo to resume it upon completion.
Up: Flight. Kazooie propels the duo upwards by a distance equivalent to Luigi's Up B, then slows the duo's descent as if they had a Parasol. 10%, medium knockback if hit by upwards propulsion; 2-4% if hit by Kazooie's wings on the descent.
Down (Ground): Wonderwing. Self-explanatory if you're a fan. Lasts about half as long as a Star, medium knockback, 30% damage.​
Down (Air): Beak Buster (Tap)/Bill Drill (Hold). Self-explanatory to fans. BB attacks like Bowser/Yoshi's Ground Pound with less air lag and a small Bounce at the end (10%, spike in air; 30%, heavy knockback on ground). BD attacks as if you were doing the Mario Tornado during Bowser's Ground Pound with more air lag.
Grabs
Animation: Banjo throws Kazooie like a spear and pulls in whomever she snagged with a rope she was tied to.
Stage Grab: Yes
Attack: Kazooie pecks the opponent for 2% damage per hit.
Up: Banjo tosses the enemy straight up and Kazooie pecks him/her hard. Medium knockback, 15% damage total (7% for Banjo's throw, 8% for Kazooie's peck.) Small chance to tech out by Air Dodging the exact moment you are at your peak height from Banjo's throw.
Forward: Basically like Fox's throw except Kazooie would shoot out Eggs instead of lasers. 6% for the throw, 1% per egg, medium knockback (barely any for the Eggs.)
Backward: Basically like Fox's throw except Kazooie would shoot out Eggs instead of lasers.
Down: Like Kirby's throw, but can't be teched out of.
Super Smash
Mumbo's skull comes down from the sky, the shaman comes out and does his trademark "Eekum Bohkum" chant for 10 seconds while inflicting 1% damage to all enemies every 2 frames. (Hey, the ones in the trailer looked like they hurt worse!)​
Taunt
One of three randomly occur:
  1. Kazooie plays the "nyah nyah" song on her kazoo while Banjo gives a thumbs-up and his trademark "Guh-HUH!" to the camera.
  2. Banjo starts to give a thumbs-up and his trademark "Guh-HUH!" to the camera, but Kazooie pecks Banjo in the head and blows a raspberry at him before he can finish.
  3. Banjo whips out his banjo and starts to play "Shave and a Haircut," but Kazooie finishes it for him by pecking his head twice; she then blows a raspberry at him.
Aternate Costumes
Red: Regular BK
Blue: Bright Blue Shorts. Banjo's eyes are dark blue and so is his backpack. Kazooie has also been changed to look more like Articuno; thus, Articuno Kazooie.
Green: Green Shorts with flame designs on the edge of the legs. Banjo's eyes are bright green and his backpack is bright green with flame designs on the flap. Kazooie has also been changed to her B-T dragon from; thus, Dragon Kazooie.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
That's some serious dedication^

I loved both B&K games, and I still pull out my 64 to run through them from time to time. I think they would make excellent, original, and fun SSBB characters.

Sadly, as posted earlier, there is absolutely no chance of it happening.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Banjo-Threeie will be on the 360 and may have a port on the DS
Says who? Rare's own site lists the only announced game that's being worked on is Viva Pinata, and there wasn't a port of PD: Zero, so why would there be a port of Banjo?

chalupa

Smash Cadet
NNID
TacoShell
3DS FC
3265-5071-3854
i would love to have banjo in brawl and i think that he has a good chance seeing that he has only been on nintendo consoles. more wii60 propaganda 4 microsoft.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Banjo Kazooie would fit Smash PERFECTLY! They would be an AWESOME addition to Brawl and would simply be a mix of awesome and gawdlyness!

Heck, why not Mumbo Jumbo as well, like a character in the background like Shy Guy in Yoshi's level or even a magical item? Nothing of the sort yet to be mentioned!

http://ibanjo.ifrance.com/render/banjomumbokaz.jpg
^Hawt Gawdly Pic^

Up B - Kazooie thrusts Banjo upward, while flapping its wings for some gliding action
Forward B - Banjo throws Kazooie like a spear and it flies back to his backpack
Down B - Banjo jumps up and Kazooie does the beak stomp down from N64 (ex.-Yoshi)
B - Kazooie shoots out eggs

Up A - Kazooie pops out for a strong beak smash upwards
Forward A - Strong Banjo punch
Down A - Banjo takes out Kazooie, holding it by the neck, and swings it in a circle downward
A - Banjo punch, punch, 3rd would be Kazooie peck

Air Up A - Upward flipping kick
Air Forward A - Kazooie does its triple peck from the N64 when you jumped and attacked
Air Down A - Kazooie downward beak hit, along with Banjo's feet stomping down
Air A - Banjo drop kick

O.M.G (ps - Open for suggestions/comments (no b****ing!))

*Banjo-Kazooie for the WIN*

~UNKN{OWN}iXi
Down+B-Kazooie carries Banjo, speed increases,(CF's running speed) will have higher jumps (like falco's 1st and 2nd jump) but won't be able to do smashes, tilts and aerials to keep it fair.

I'm thinking of a moveset my own, and see if I can post some drawings of each but I can't up-load them to the cpu:(

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I have to wonder: Why hasn't Rare made their own mascot fighter yet? You'd think they would've done it by now.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Because they are 1st party for Rare and YES YES YES BANJO IS BACK.

The 3rd (real) Banjo game is here Banjo is Back and I'm getting a 360! keep in mind at the moment some on the banjo team is working on viva pinata and these are only early starts into the game but how sweet does it look. This game will be better than Super Mario Galaxys (not that it will be hard) for sure. This looks like it will be the best platformer in the next (this?) generation!

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, because you can really judge one game that you obviously haven't played with a completley different control set up to another game with nothing more than a trailer. Nope, that's not bias at all.

I still think that Banjo's model in that trailer is some really weird Rare-style humour. Possibly a parody of his in-game model for the original N64 titles? Bah, regardless it's good to see them back after not having a real game since the N64 days.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Kazooie looks fine and I actually prefer her new look (actually looks like a girl now), but Banjo's look is so idiotic that it has to be a joke. Complain as you will about Wind Waker Link or Jungle Beat Donkey Kong, but this model takes the cake for most drastic and un-nessacary 'face lifts'. If they wind up in Brawl like I hope that will (but they probably won't but I'm not 100% sure it's impossible), I sure as hell hope that they look more like their original renders.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
New Banjo won't stay for long but I like his fur, he needs bigger pants and his old eyes, other than that he's fine and I too love the new Kazooie, I can't wait to see Grunty and Mumbo.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Oh Rare.Why did you sell yourself to microsoft! Banjo-Kazooie would be a very nice add to the smash roster.They would have a very unique moveset indeed.Id definitly like to see it happen.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
i really hope they put banjo-kazooie in.

i was actually quite suprised when they didnt put them in ssbm.
they would have such great and well fitting moves.

and kazooie would give banjo extra jumps, which supports the arieal combat direction ssbb is going in.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Oh Banjo-Kazooie, how I miss your idiotic nonsense...
If they were put into Brawl (who knows what will happen) I'd rather have him looking like he did in the N64 days. Rare would have been a good ally in Brawl unless Nintendo was to buy them back like RIGHT NOW.
Last time I made a thread about BK it was closed! Where's the love?

Top Bottom