• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Banjo-Kazooie discussion thread.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Well, if this were still Rareware's N64 glory days, Banjo and Kazooie would almost be guaranteed. I remember seeing Banjo and Kazooie with Mario, Link & co. on Nintendo paraphanelia from the old Super Power Catalogs that came with Nintendo Power. Heck, I actually have a clock that has them on it along with Kirby, Mario, Link, Majora's Mask, Wario, etc...they were practically first party back in the day. Yes, I know they were actually second party characters, but my point is Banjo and Kazooie were associated with Nintendo.

Which brings up an argument that practically defeats itself. Yeah, they were very important to Nintendo two generations ago, raising their chances. However, now Microsoft has a similar relationship to the B-K franchise, thereby dashing most sane people's hopes of the bear and bird showing up in Brawl.

Which is quite sad, as the Banjo-Kazooie games are among my favorites...but I can't realistically see them getting in, unfortunately.

But they're still awesome nonetheless :grin:

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Banjo and Kazooie would be so choice for Brawl, there are tons of possiblities to be done with this. Come on Banjo can do all the attacks that go foward, and Kazooie has the attacks from behind. Simple and sweet.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

I prefer Banjo's old look! Why did Rare have to come up with this? I think they are purposely messing with there games..
I really don't mind their new look.

It's kind of like Wind Waker Link; at first I thought it was weird, but I eventually got used to it, and eventually liked it!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
IDK if they will even keep their new look...idk why I say that...lol...but yah, keep the old look lol!!

Anyways, doesn't SSB. kinda bring old stuff back on purpose, like when they brought ice climbers back, and now they are bringing in pit? What I'm saying is, maybe they'd bring in Banjo-Kazooie because it represents Nintendo's glory days, or something like that--you know, because Banjo-Kazooie did so well on N64...IDK, I don't think I explained my thought the way I'd like to, so you guys may not understand...but try 2, lol

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
IDK if they will even keep their new look...idk why I say that...lol...but yah, keep the old look lol!!

Anyways, doesn't SSB. kinda bring old stuff back on purpose, like when they brought ice climbers back, and now they are bringing in pit? What I'm saying is, maybe they'd bring in Banjo-Kazooie because it represents Nintendo's glory days, or something like that--you know, because Banjo-Kazooie did so well on N64...IDK, I don't think I explained my thought the way I'd like to, so you guys may not understand...but try 2, lol
I see what you're saying, and I agree that it's a valid point. But unfortunately, I highly doubt one of Nintendo's direct competitors is going to licsense one (two, technically :chuckle:) of its characters for a game not on their own system that's practically guaranteed to sell like hotcakes. I just don't see it paying off for Microsoft. Sure, they'll get royalties for B-K's usage, but at what cost? Promoting the Wii over the 360? That sends mixed messages, I think, that Microsoft does not want to send.

Granted, it would be good promotion for the next B-K game if they were to use their new style, but I still don't see that as a good enough argument. The promotion of Brawl and the Wii would far, far outweigh any positive buzz Microsoft would get from flaunting B-K3 via Brawl. Now, if Rareware were a 3rd party and Microsoft didn't have the rights to all of their copyrights, we'd be talking about a completely different scenario. But why dwell on what could have been...

Don't get me wrong though, I would love to be wrong about this. Given their past Nintendo iconic status and my personal love of the B-K games, I'd probably die of ecstacy if they made it into Brawl.

But I'm not holding my breath. :ohwell:

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yah, I don't think that Microsoft would ever go allow B-K to be in Brawl...real shame...but even if Microsoft would allow it, would Nintendo? Probably, but still, there is a chance they wouldn't, isn't there?

P.S. I'm not really educated about the 1st and 2nd and 3rd party stuff, so...lol, idk what you're talkin' bout when u say that...but I'm guessing its a matter of how important sumthin' is...idk...haha

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Yah, I don't think that Microsoft would ever go allow B-K to be in Brawl...real shame...but even if Microsoft would allow it, would Nintendo? Probably, but still, there is a chance they wouldn't, isn't there?

P.S. I'm not really educated about the 1st and 2nd and 3rd party stuff, so...lol, idk what you're talkin' bout when u say that...but I'm guessing its a matter of how important sumthin' is...idk...haha
OK, here's the rundown for you:

First Party - This is when a hardware vendor has either created or owns the exclusive rights to a character or franchise. For example, Mario is a Nintendo first party character, as he was created by and is owned by Nintendo. Right now, there are 3 big first parties in the console war: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

Second Party - When a hardware vendor has an exclusive deal, majority ownership, etc. of another company, the owned company is a second party. Currently, Rareware is a second party to Microsoft, and Rare used to be a Nintendo second party (the "glory days" you referred to). Thus, while Banjo and Kazooie are creative property of Rareware, since Microsoft "owns" Rareware, B-K can only be used with Microsoft's permission, i.e. on their own consoles or through licsensing. It's pretty much owning a character or property without having created it.

Third Party - A third party is a company like Capcom, Konami or Square-Enix. They own the rights to their characters and properties, like a first party, but they do not manufacure and sell hardware. They have no ties to any specific hardware vendor, and any hardware vendor can licsence their characters for use. Case in point, Solid Snake in Brawl.

Hope that helps :chuckle: It's not a perfect description, but it'll do.

And to answer your question, yes, I suppose Nintendo could turn down B-K, but that would only happen if Microsoft came to Nintendo proposing that B-K appear in Brawl in the first place. I think it's much more likely that it would have to happen the other way, i.e. Nintendo asking Microsoft.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Ok, I think I understand the party crap now...lol... And yah, it is VERY VERY VERY X100 VERY likely that it would be the other way around... I'm mainly saying, idk if Nintendo will even end up trying 2 get Banjo-Kazooie into Brawl, but I definately hope so!!! They would have the BEST and most diversified moveset!!! I think it would be diverse...lol

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
This is the first time I've looked in depth into any of the Brawl character forums. I was about to create my own B/K thread cause I didn't see this one in the first 2 or 3 pages, then decided to check the master character thread. WTF is up, you so-called fans??? Where's all the support? Some of the other char's have like, 100 pages! And what do B/K have, 12?! I know, I can't really talk since I already admitted this was the first time I've entered these threads, but still. Funny thing is, especially now since Brawl is so close to launch, it really makes no bit of difference what ppl's opinions are at this point; if they haven't even DECIDED the final list of char's, then that's pretty sad, LoL. That, or there's no way it's going to be released on Dec 3. Obviously, it is, so the 2nd option is not viable. Even considering the extreme ease at which they would fit in the game (their type of char is perfect, the move sets would be a cinch to create, and fans and non-fans alike would have to admit they'd be fun as hell to play). Still, after all that, there's no reason not to keep one's hopes alive, just because the odds are against them. With that being said, let's all stand up and hope that we get to see this beautiful sight on Dec 3....

Keep the dream alive...:bigthumbu

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
dream all you want... but it still wouldnt happen...
they are owned be a subsidiary that is now owned by Microsoft...
so in essence...
they now belong to Microsoft...
i personally dont think they would give the rights to their current biggest competitor...
good luck to you though...:)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
This is the first time I've looked in depth into any of the Brawl character forums. I was about to create my own B/K thread cause I didn't see this one in the first 2 or 3 pages, then decided to check the master character thread. WTF is up, you so-called fans??? Where's all the support? Some of the other char's have like, 100 pages! And what do B/K have, 12?! I know, I can't really talk since I already admitted this was the first time I've entered these threads, but still. Funny thing is, especially now since Brawl is so close to launch, it really makes no bit of difference what ppl's opinions are at this point; if they haven't even DECIDED the final list of char's, then that's pretty sad, LoL. That, or there's no way it's going to be released on Dec 3. Obviously, it is, so the 2nd option is not viable. Even considering the extreme ease at which they would fit in the game (their type of char is perfect, the move sets would be a cinch to create, and fans and non-fans alike would have to admit they'd be fun as hell to play). Still, after all that, there's no reason not to keep one's hopes alive, just because the odds are against them. With that being said, let's all stand up and hope that we get to see this beautiful sight on Dec 3....

Keep the dream alive...:bigthumbu

That's a cool pic

Aristo1413

Smash Rookie
What's wrong with you people...

All i know is that deep down inside of you all there is still hope for b-k in brawl...no matter what you say about microsoft. Just know that reading this thread has made me cry a couple of times because as i read further and further, hope was being lost... i highly doubt microsoft would care much after their release of halo 3, and splinter cell conviction.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
They would be unwise to care. Smash will sell more copies. Smash will own Halo three and such, and with Snake now in, even more attention will be caught.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie...

Couple of brilliant platformers. Only people dissing it are the younger kids that grew up on Xbox 1.

sigh...

Aristo1413

Smash Rookie
Yea...btw he plays a banjo, and if you ever played the game you would know that he never uses it in battle. He has a bird in his backpack that shoots a full arsenal of eggs. A little sexual humor never harmed anyone now did it?

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
No Banjo-Kazooie in Brawl, Microsoft bought them and they didn't even come out in Diddy Kong Racing DS(made by Rare)

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
You guys must be forgetting: B-K won a 1998 Game of the Year award, advertized on the box, if mem. serves well. It. Was. A. Hit. Regardless of the fact Microsoft (*******s) stole them from us, B&K helped make the N64 rock. They're important to Ninty.

Also, dunno if you guys sayin that cuz MS owns 'em 'member, but Rare has made 2 console games for Nintendo, the Star Fox Adventures series.
Also, Diddy uses two specials from Rare's other hit DK64. That's a sign saying Ninty likes Rare, they want biz with them.

Face it: Banjo&Kazooie have a chance of being in Brawl, whether you like it or not. And remember: Rare has rights to the franchise--they just let people put them on their systems. If they want to, they can let Ninty put B&K on Brawl and laugh as MS can't do squat. That's at least what I think.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
How is that sexual? And the fish was a machine.
Not in the second one. They rescue Jolly Roger's...um...'girlfriend'...from a giant fish...but it doesn't reall go into detail, I'd still say E rated...
And those jokes wouldn't be caught on by little kids...B-K is an 'E' for everyone game, since everyone can enjoy it. Haha.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
There's an entire video of BK related innuendo on YouTube (here in fact: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rpPnK2Bl0Pk ) They're certainly reading into it quite a bit but it's funny none the less. Banjo and Kazooie in Brawl...I'd love it, prefer them over Sonic and other "outsiders" but not sure what their odds are. Either way I'll keep my fingers crossed for the dymanic duo! (Sorry if the video's old : P)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Haha, I've seen that video before, its funny! I'm not looking at it, cuz I've seen em all made about it, but is it the one with the rabbit in the john of grunty's industries? Although, I think you need AR to see taht, it is HISTARICAL!!!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
There's an entire video of BK related innuendo on YouTube (here in fact: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rpPnK2Bl0Pk ) They're certainly reading into it quite a bit but it's funny none the less. Banjo and Kazooie in Brawl...I'd love it, prefer them over Sonic and other "outsiders" but not sure what their odds are. Either way I'll keep my fingers crossed for the dymanic duo! (Sorry if the video's old : P)
I remember that video, too. Kind of funny, actually.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been suggested but..

I think for Banjo's final smash he'd pull out Kazooie and hold him like a shotgun, then when you pressed B he'd shoot out a grenade egg with the same power as bomb ombs and he'd be able to do it for about 20-30 seconds.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
That would be cool, or maybe he shoots out a clockward cazooie egg for every player (besides him), and they all chase after the players causing mass explosions? Haha

hotstuff

Smash Cadet
Discredit all that ^^^ Banjo is cool enough and unique enough and would fit smash bros so well that he should be in just because of that!
Credit all that ^^^ Banjo has a **** good chance of being one of the prestigious restricted 3rd party honours spots.

Banjo & Kazooie ARE in Brawl as the second unlockable among 3rd Party chars.

hotstuff

Smash Cadet
Microsoft would have to say yes.
YES! ****IT! lol

I'm sure they will. After all BK's theirs now right? so.........see what I'm getting at here?

BK in Brawl promotes THEIR game! They'd probably be happy to do so

kaid

Smash Master
These are the same people who are ho-hum about putting Halo on DS. Not because it's halo, but because it's a shooter.

I quote: "FPS games just don't work on handhelds."

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
These are the same people who are ho-hum about putting Halo on DS. Not because it's halo, but because it's a shooter.

I quote: "FPS games just don't work on handhelds."
Hmmm, Metroid Prime: Hunters was a pretty good game, and the multiplayer is a blast! FPS games wouldn't be too bad, MPH a great example.

Top Bottom