• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

CHUK

Smash Ace
Taj you should add boxing clips to your combo vid randomly lol. What's up melee kids, where are the games going on these days?

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Questions about the PnT tournament in Tuscon on the 13th:

Are the TV's CRT? If not, do they lag? Even 5 or so frames?

Does anyone pass the airport on the way to the tournament? Because I will be flying in.

What times does the tournament start? What time does it usually end?

I think that's about it.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Are the TV's CRT? If not, do they lag? Even 5 or so frames?

What times does the tournament start? What time does it usually end?
idk what kind of tv's they are but yes, I remember very slight lag

I'm pretty sure they'll start it at 10 and if the usual numbers are in attendance, we'll be seeing it go around 4 or so (last time, there were around 120 using 4 tv's in best of 3 matches, I suppose you can estimate the length for yourself)

ABIDE

Smash Apprentice
poke i forgot my phone at home fool. i dont get out of work till 9 so ill give you a call around then to check out that movie

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Dook.

I don't think the TV's lag at all. If they do lag, it's very much less slight than what Derp says, I really don't notice any lag.

They do use the correct cords for their tv's. It only lags when they play melee through a Gamecube.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Sweet! I can arrive as early as 7:00 and as late as 9:45. Is anyone able to pick me up from the tuscon airport? It is 20.4 miles away from the tournament, so I am hoping it is on the way for somebody.

120 people? Really? I didn't know tuscon had so many smashers. Shouldn't there be more on the boards? Or are they mostly kiddos?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
The airport is south of where anybody lives in Tucson basically but I'll be able to pick you up Mike. It might be a crowded car but you should be fine. At the last tourney, they said the tourney started at 11 but when I showed up at about 10:30, I was the very last person they let sign up. Since I'm giving other people rides from opposite sides of town, I'll have to do about an hour and a half of driving just in Tucson.

The tournament lasted until about 7 p.m. last time. There's supposed to be another mini-tournament right after for the winner of the tournament versus the winners of the past tournaments. It shouldn't last more than an hour.

About 100 of the past contestants were little kids. I accidentally 3-stocked somebody with Link when I was letting them win >_> I didn't even know his bombs could vertically K.O.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
My theory: that PnT is at the Foothills Mall, which is on the most affluent side of Tucson. Basically, rich people are willing to shell out $10 to anything their kid wants including a tournament fee they're gonna get destroyed at.

Plus side: MILFS EVERYWHERE

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Jackie: that is very VERY kind of you :) I will continue to look for ways to get there until the tournament. I will only come to you as a last resort. I will check what type of public transportation exists in tuscon (lol?) that could take me to and from the tournament.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah there are little kids everywhere.

I work at a recreation center, and they have a summer and after school program for kids from K-5th grade. I bring Melee and totally wreck them, and I get paid for it. Sweetest job ever.

I never let them play with items, and they are only allowed to play on 5 of the neutrals, since FoD lags in FFA's. I always have to turn pause off because some kid thinks he did something so god**** awesome, and it just needs to be paused to be looked at.

When I would bring Brawl before my Wii broke, I never let them play with Smash Balls even though they begged and cried every time for it.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
tommy, does it in fact start around 10?

Yeah, the first couple of rounds are major noob filtering.
lol, I remember playing around with an Ike player as Solimar

make sure to take it easy on some of the kids. First PNT tourney I went to I made a kid cry first round. I got the stink eye from more than one person after that.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I've never been put up against a kid at a Play N Trade tourney, I'm so upset about it to.

I want to make a kid cry so badly. But I'll never get that satisfaction.

If you are going to the PnT tourney, DO NOT go easy on them. Show them that Kage Warrior spirit that everyone has inside of them.

Also Dook, you might want to get there as early as you can so you can make sure you can sign up. Jackie said he was the last one allowed to sign up during the last tourney, before they started turning people away.

I'm not sure what time it starts. You'll have to call them.

But Kosuke, I love being mean to children.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
make sure to take it easy on some of the kids. First PNT tourney I went to I made a kid cry first round. I got the stink eye from more than one person after that.
You are one of my heroes.

I did that at a PnT tourney too! :D

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i don't want to scroll a few pages back because i'm lazy as **** but when is the PnT tourney? it's the one on broadway right? and brawl only as well correct? i may go just for the hell of it and since jackie mentioned MILFs. PlenipxMILFs foursome.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Tajmoney!

When are you free for some melee? From what I understand you're going out of state soon/maybe already are out of town?

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
SMASHFEST/TOURNAMENT SATURDAY MAY 30th AT 3:00pm

182 N COBBLESTONE
GILBERT, AZ 85234

DIRECTIONS: From the 60 get off on Val Vista and go south until you get to a small street called Park Ave. (Its the street right before Elliot) Turn right and keep going till you hit Cobblestone. Turn right again and its the house on the corner.

BRING AS MANY SETUPS AS YOU GUYS CAN!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Chris, I'm not sure what time the tourney starts. But it is not at the Broadway one, it's the one at the Foothills Mall.

On my side of Tucson.

Not that I live "in" Tucson or anything. <_<

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
i don't want to scroll a few pages back because i'm lazy as **** but when is the PnT tourney? it's the one on broadway right? and brawl only as well correct? i may go just for the hell of it and since jackie mentioned MILFs. PlenipxMILFs foursome.
No its on la cholla i think, the foothills mall, and it is brawl only.

BTW if you guys decide for sure that you're going make sure you sign up before hand or have someone sign u up for you. They cap the entries at around 200 I think...

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
^I'm pretty sure the cap is more around 120. 200 would take the tourney waaay too late.

Then again, certainty is only a basterd of knowledge

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
hey i wanna go, i tried to sign up on AIB but it wouldnt let me, so how can i get someone to sign me up for me? i'd like to go

Top Bottom