• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
So it seems I am leaving the state in a few weeks. However, I want to have a smash fest at some point soon. This is mostly aimed at all the old school smashers who I want to hang out with one last time. If anyone knows of a great place to have a large smash fest then let me know. Otherwise it will be at my tiny apartment haha.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
how did you change your name?
sry for the late response
I just contacted an admin with a quite frankly eloquent pm telling them what the deal was with 2 piemen, then he changed it.

I'm sure they'll do it as long as there's a reasonable practicality about it.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
We're actually looking into what the name changing procedure is going to be. It used to be the case that you had to buy a premium account to change your username. But premium accounts have been done away with. So name changes are kind of in this state of limbo right now where we don't have a set procedure for them.

It's kind of a pain to do it though, so you're unlikely to get one unless you make it sound important, or have done something to deserve it.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I'm still debating with myself about whether I should get rid of the KGA part or not. The KGA part distinguishes me from some generic random JP name, but it looks stupid.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
So today while sitting in my Graphic Design class, I found out how to get all the fonts the class uses for Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Usually the school has everything VERY well hidden and blocked, so I was pretty excited I found this out.

So right now, I'm adding all the fonts to my computer, it's been over an hour that I've been at it. I never thought so many fonts existed. I'm almost done, it just a lengthy process because all the fonts types are in their own folders, and apparently you can't just drag and drop folders in to you computers Font folder.

Stupid.

I've been playing quite a bit of Pokemon Pearl since last weekend. Swellow is so hot.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
dude, tommy, your swellow sucks balls. my scizor will one shot it, even with protect, flame orb, and endeavor son

get a new favorite pokemon :p

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
NO!

I have to be smarter about playing him, plus he has a 4th sexy move you don't know about.

That Swellow is my favorite, hot body.

Protect+Flame Orb+Guts+Facade= ****
screw endeavor.

And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't keep Swellow out while there is a Scizor on the field.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
uh... so ya. i played some smash today. had a $100 mm with my friend and i just completely destroyed him. thing is, he's not gonna pay me ;_; he's a prick and he doesn't like DDD's chain grab XD

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
@star king, yes cb bp lol

and tommy i meant facade not endeavor ><

true, but next time my guys will have items!

also, i don't have my newest team on my game cartridge yet, but we can play again if you wanna tomrrow

edit: 100$ huh? no wonder he wouldn't pay :p

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smash at Goop's Today
(Friday, the 8th)

Sorry for being so last minute. But you know how these things are.

The fest will be at Goop's new place! 1820 E. bell De mar Dr Apt252 Tempe (Google Maps)

We'll be starting at 5:30.

It will be mostly Melee, but maybe Brawl and Brawl+ too.

Everyone welcome, of course!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ummm.... yes.

We'll have 2 setups, I think. A third might be of use. Especially if not everyone wants to do teams. (I personally prefer teams, but whatever! :))

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
bunch of nubcakes........whats up AZ

and yes i'm still up for any challengers in Pokemon! i'm loving teaching people how it's done! xD so play me maybe on wifi.. =D i miss AZ

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
wish we were able to get on wifi here at UofA...but over summer I can for sure :)

i'd like a rematch too vman, i'll win this time lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
TIMMY!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!

lol anyways...

hey, ummm... i've been thinking about genesis lately, and i'd really like to be a part of a crew. i was kinda wondering... mostly looking at Taj, Wobbles, and Forward... is it possible for me to be a part of a crew with you guys? i'd be honored. i really want to get far in crews. let me know asap please

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Also, Devastation, who in Tucson is interested in going?

It's Friday on June 19th - Sunday, June 21st

Axe and I want to go. Although it mostly a Brawl tourney, they said that they will have Melee. And as long as there is Melee, it's all good.

There are also tourneys for all these other games, some of which I know some of us play:
The guaranteed prize titles announced at this point:
- $2,000.00 for STREET FIGHTER IV
- $2,000.00 for GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE
- $2,000.00 for SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL
- $2,000.00 for TEKKEN 6
- $2,000.00 for GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR

Tournament Games List:
- Madden NFL 09
- Marvel vs Capcom 2
- SoulCalibur IV
- Tatsunoko vs Capcom
- Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Gears of War 2 (Wingman 2v2 and Warzone 4v4 events)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike (3v3)
- Mario Kart Wii

Confirmed Side-Tournaments:
- BlazBlue (Singles and Doubles)
- Raging Storm (KoF 2002 Neo Geo, KoF 98 UM, KoF XI, KoF 2002 UM, Garou MotW
- Super Smash Bros Melee (Singles and Doubles)
- Karnov's Revenge (Singles)
- Battle Fantasia (Singles)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217321

Plus M2K will be there. And I hear Mango might show up as well.

Let's go.

Also, to whoever can take us, Axe and I call seats already. :)

Edit: Forgot to ask a vital question. Who in Phoenix would be willing to house Tucson for Devastation, if we go?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
THIS IS THE SOLE REASON ALONE WHY.........

SV > ALL OF AZ... *thanks to Tai (well the video at least*)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BubutLUqY5c

*sigh* Jeff........... I freaking miss you!.........(each homo possible) xD!

I miss AZ alot............. i don wanna be a part of Texas... they hav noone good... and if they do.. who cares... they don't have Axe!!..................BIG THANGS POPPIN!!!!!!!!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
TIMMY!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!

lol anyways...

hey, ummm... i've been thinking about genesis lately, and i'd really like to be a part of a crew. i was kinda wondering... mostly looking at Taj, Wobbles, and Forward... is it possible for me to be a part of a crew with you guys? i'd be honored. i really want to get far in crews. let me know asap please
Um, I don't think they're doing individual crews at Genesis.

I think it's just regional crews.

If you wanna be on that, you'd have to either start ****ing Sean's **** up on Youtube or traveling to Cali a few times and making yourself known.

p.s.

I'm pretty sure it's only ten people per region, too.... soo.... GO GET'EM, AZ JEFF!

Top Bottom