• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
im terrible at this game. someone should teach me how to play falcon. i just spam dash dance and grab combos.

edit/ i did not post this. rubyiris did as revenge for me messing with his aim.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
pokemon sucks. play a real game, like digimon.

edit/ i did not post this. rubyiris did as revenge for me messing with his aim. and digimon sucks

saetia-dtg

Smash Rookie
ew. mewtwo is op. hypno is def my fav as well. Also dragonite should be more of a tank than a sweeper.its the only way to maximize his stat potential completely and effectively.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
ew. mewtwo is op. hypno is def my fav as well. Also dragonite should be more of a tank than a sweeper.its the only way to maximize his stat potential completely and effectively.
tank? isn't he 4x weak against ice attacks, one of the most common types of attacks?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I think a set like this is what Forrest is aiming for:
---
MixNite - Dragonite
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Rash
EVs: 112 Atk / 200 SpA / 196 Spe
Moveset
~ Superpower
~ Draco Meteor
~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower
~ Roost / Thunderbolt

Mixed Dragonite functions extremely similarly to Mixed Salamence. While Salamence generally has the advantage when it comes to using this set because of its higher Special Attack and Intimidate, Dragonite's unique access to Superpower, along with higher defenses overall, make him a worthy candidate.

With a Rash nature and 112 Attack EVs, Dragonite is guaranteed to OHKO 0 HP / 252 Def Bold Blissey, 252 HP Tyranitar, and 4 HP Heatran after Stealth Rock damage. Salamence must rely on Brick Break to combat all three of them, while none of which are OHKOed, which again emphasizes the advantage of using MixNite over MixMence. Draco Meteor is a powerful STAB attack and can deal massive damage to Hippowdon, Swampert, and other pokemon expecting a physical attack. A fire move in the third slot complements this set for universal coverage and prevents Skarmory and Bronzong from walling Dragonite entirely. Roost is the preferred option to recover Life Orb and Stealth Rock damage; however, Thunderbolt is useful option to combat bulky Water-type Pokemon, most notably Gyarados and Suicune.

As previously stated, the given Attack EVs are necessary to OHKO Bold Blissey, Tyranitar, and Heatran. 196 Speed EVs place Dragonite at 245 Speed, enough to outrun Jolly Tyranitar and just about any defensive Celebi and Zapdos, and the remaining EVs are placed in Special Attack.
---
Yachi Berry as an equipped item lowers weakness to ice.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
ice isn't common per se, but i would say every good team would have an ice move at least...but you're right, i think dragonite is too crappy to be a tank, plus stealth rock takes 25% away each swap in, and his ability blows

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Practicing and playing the same guy CONSTANTLY for 2 years isn't going to **** anyone here. What you've done is counter-intuitive to your game.

GG, get *****, etc.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Practicing and playing the same guy CONSTANTLY for 2 years isn't going to **** anyone here. What you've done is counter-intuitive to your game.

GG, get *****, etc.
I bet he can beat Nicknyte, I heard that he sucks.

P.S. I picked up Pikachu yesterday haha. I beat James Woods in the second match woot I learn fast :D. I learned some stuff from playing Jeff of course, plus I have some of my signature spontaneous edgeguard gimps.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ice isn't very common, since it's a pretty bad type, but most teams carry at least one or two ice moves to take care of pokemon like Dragonite, Salamence, Gliscor, Aerodactyl, etc.

Starking

Smash Cadet
Ice is extremely common unless the metagame has changed a whole lot. But I highly doubt that. Ice has died quite alot with the standard T-Tar start, so you could say it's not as effective anymore. But Ice Moves will never die out, boltbeam will always keep it alive. Please forgive me, I'm still stuck pre-platinum. So, if I make any stupid mistakes feel free to correct me.

I got a feeling Kosuke copy pasted that set. I could be wrong though, don't know if he made the set himself. But overall, its nice to see AZ smashers also play Pokemon.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i love pokemon, and smash, i have been kinda inactive from pokemon for a bit so idk how much i know anymore but i like reading the mechanics behind such a previously thought to be simple game :D

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
/is sad that no one has responded to trent, who is truly old school

I DO I DO!!

where do you live? i live like... within walking distance of your old baseline/hardy place. pm me!
I responded..

I'm also sad that you haven't responded to my text yet.

Top Bottom