• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Listen here, nerds. For now--FOR NOW he is still alive. If I don't receive one trillion dollars from the AZ Smash community put in an envelope tucked under my windshield wipers, Charmander gets it. I will cut him up and send him to each and every one of you in tiny pieces. Follow my instructions very carefully and come alone, or I can guarantee his flame will go out.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
God **** I need to go to gamecrazy and buy a new melee disk. The ONLY reason brawl is more bearable to play than Melee for me right now is because after every single match and every time I go to character select I get a disk read error and it bugs the hell out of me. Stupid little brother. D:

Corigames

Smash Hero
Going by the icon under your avatar... you wouldn't happen to be that SA-X, would you?
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL... *gasp* ...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yes.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
lol don't worry, SA-X is a nub :p
That's the truth. I'll do some teams with him to help carry a fellow Samus player :p

I retired from being a retired retired retired person who was once a retired retired person.
You restored your retired state returning to it rapidly to relish retirement when you retired, you returned from retirement whist being retired when you rode your retirement to the waste receptacle then wrote about being retired while being retired from being retired...when we all thought you were really retired your ashes rescinded. Refreshed others were reminded of an old game and returned to Melee for a Reunion of recovery and technicality, Retribution for a game relinquished for another. a game AZ has not seen in far to long.

Keep it simple Chaos.

Corigames

Smash Hero
You restored your retired state returning to it rapidly to relish retirement when you retired, you returned from retirement whist being retired when you rode your retirement to the waste receptacle then wrote about being retired while being retired from being retired...when we all thought you were really retired your ashes rescinded. Refreshed others were reminded of an old game and returned to Melee for a Reunion of recovery and technicality, Retribution for a game relinquished for another. a game AZ has not seen in far to long.
Really respectable reply.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
MELEE!!

You can never truely quit/retire from it, unless you've gone pro. Then you can win money and quit and be like "whatever!"

All I've seen on local scales is, you don't quit melee. It's just impossible. Even if you need to be dragged by your ankles by friends to tournaments, you *DON'T* quit smash.

Named after the guy who kept "quitting" smash, we from WI call anyone who says they retire from smash as pulling an EoF. Because he's gonna come back from retirement no matter what he says, guaranteed.

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
So its kinda bad seeing as I've been playing melee for almost a year now and I still havn't learned to wavedash. I've tried but I'm too lame to so idk if I should try and be able to do it or wait for a comeback of melee and wait for times other than friendlies

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Do you play as Peach, Zelda, Bowser, or Ganon? If so, then WD isn't that important. Otherwise... uh...
He uses Marth and the occasional Falcon. I've tried teaching him but he can't do it (he doesn't l-cancel either.)

I use Ganon ♥

10stomps

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hold it!

Look at my join date.

I used to suck A LOT but in like a month, I got really good pretty fast. You play Marth. And Falcon. They're pretty easy to learn. Don't fret and get to it.

Just...Look at instructional movies and online guides here...And practice. That's all it is. I mean, I don't even have a working Melee disc anymore. Mine is too scratched up and wearing out...

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I've shown him quite a few Melee AT's since about October 07, almost a year now, and he still can't get it.

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
THANKS tommy haha well i never really need to use it i mean i beat your characters without it but i guess if i want to go more advanced in my game then i guess i should also what about samus? I never see a reason for her to need it shes pretty balanced as far as i see

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Samus has one of the best wavedashes in the game for mindgames and spacing. You'd best be learning it unless your name name is Aniki.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
Wavedashing is great for Samus. helps space smashes, tilts. can juke people with chargeblasts out of it etc. Samus has one of the better ones in melee. but who needs it when there is superwavedashing ^_^

Anyways. if you're gonna be playing Samus....money match?

CHUK

Smash Ace
I use waveland with Ganon when I use him, but it is style preference. I think it helps him move around the stage quicker than normally.

EDIT: Good way to improve is get ***** my someone who uses advanced techniques to their advantage, and not just to use at's.
Play GG7, that ***** has my 5$.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I think I am going to go somewhere and buy Melee sometime this week. I think it would be a fun game to get into. I keep watching youtube videos of Melee matches and they are TOO fun to watch! Is there anyone that could be able to show me the ways?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Taj278, play with me.

I'll teach you how to play Marth. Under my training, you'll be a pro in no time! (quite literally)

Perhaps you'll get good so quickly, you'll be teaching me.

Whadya say. Come play with me. My name is Tai. Yours is Taj. We were destined to play together.

p.s.

DOOK!

<3

What character(s) do you intend to play?

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Tee ay eye: I have no idea yet, just due to the fact that I have never played it. I love watching Isai play C. Falcon, Forward makes me want to play Falco, Ken makes me want to play Marth, and Taj makes me want to play Mewtwo. I will try everyone out to see how it is but I think I will start with C. Falcon. EPIC KNEES!

Kosuke: Sweet! Once I get the game I will make a shout out on here and see if anyone wants to play on a random night.

Howdy: Fun fun! I haven't been Smashing at ALL lately. This will be a fun excuse to get into something new. :)

But yeah, I will try Falcon out, then Falco, and then learn everyone from there on out.

:) I hope Melee is fun!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Falcon is the best in Melee.

Nuff said

He is also the best char ever. :D

Top Bottom