• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
What are the chances someone would want to play tomorrow night? I'm in Phoenix on a business trip for a couple of days and just realized how awesome it would be to play some cross country melee. 8)

:phone:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
wooooow wtf

are you serious LOL

we just had another guy here on a business trip

fun times were had, but now i have to go back to being responsible.. maybe. ill see if i can find time.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
What are the chances someone would want to play tomorrow night? I'm in Phoenix on a business trip for a couple of days and just realized how awesome it would be to play some cross country melee. 8)

I'M DOWN

I've been playing Melee for days straight. It's nuts. PM me your availability/location and we'll work something out.

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
All I know is that I've got a team building/training thing today and probably dinner with the team and stuff. But I have no idea what times specifically.
My flight is at 6am tomorrow as well, but I'm not too worried about that.
I'll pm wobbles my number and I can keep you updated about when I'm available through texts.

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
One night only unfortunately. And holy **** what is with this list off all stars responding to this thread I'm gonna get destroyed.
But yea I'm staying at the Sheraton crescent on w Dunlap. And wobbles says he's free at 7:30. So I guess it's gonna go down around then.

I dunno how late y'all wanna play but I'm down for anything as long as I'm back at the hotel by 3. And I can buy some food or something for whoever drives :)

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Dude ... That's ... freaking far from the rest of us. Whether or not I can pick you up depends entirely on where we're holding the Smashfest, because if we're holding it at Wobbles's place, that's seriously 4hrs total transit time for me to pick you up, take you there, drop you off, drive home. Is there any way you can take public transit or something down to somewhere near the ASU Tempe campus? It looks like you're right by a metro center and the light rail has a stop right on the campus (University & Rural), if that helps.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Dude ... That's ... freaking far from the rest of us. Whether or not I can pick you up depends entirely on where we're holding the Smashfest, because if we're holding it at Wobbles's place, that's seriously 4hrs total transit time for me to pick you up, take you there, drop you off, drive home. Is there any way you can take public transit or something down to somewhere near the ASU Tempe campus? It looks like you're right by a metro center and the light rail has a stop right on the campus (University & Rural), if that helps.
metrocenter is the name of a mall, but its still like, 5 miles away from the light rail stop haha

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Yeaaah good stuff to HairyNipples and JaceComix for giving me a three day long smash training extravaganza :D

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
Oh man I didn't even realize there was all that concern about transportation. Just now coming back to the thread haha

Anyways, very GGs even though I was tired as ****

Add Andrew Jelly on facebook. :lick:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
if you mess up the ledge WD a lot and end up doing the unviable, super ****ty high-jump onto the stage, it may be more than just an execution issue. WATCH THIS VIDEO SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddiyOoqAzio

also please show it to anyone else you know who you think can learn from it

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I'm moving here from Baton Rouge. Going to be living in the Northern Scottsdale area around Scottsdale Rd and Shea. My number is 504-810-4394. I'm not sure if I've met any of you guys besides Wobbles at LAST in Baton Rouge a while back. My name is Kyle and I'm a marth main but I fool around with a lot of characters. Anyway free this weekend otherwise hit me up if you want to smash sometime.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Yeah I haven't actually moved yet but I've got a rental car until I do.

I'm in downtown Phoenix chillin' at the hotel.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Smash tournament in Tucson today. Melee and pm aren't for a few more hours. Get down hurr

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

AXE 09

Smash Master
@Entreri: I live way the heck out West lol. I'm probably like 45 - 50 minutes from you, but if at all possible, you should come to my place sometime for some Melee :) I should be more available starting next weekend. I've been busy as heck lately haha.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hey guys I'm moving here from Baton Rouge. Going to be living in the Northern Scottsdale area around Scottsdale Rd and Shea. My number is 504-810-4394. I'm not sure if I've met any of you guys besides Wobbles at LAST in Baton Rouge a while back. My name is Kyle and I'm a marth main but I fool around with a lot of characters. Anyway free this weekend otherwise hit me up if you want to smash sometime.
you have a nola area code, though! :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I grew up in Nola! How come you know the area code?

i lived in nola (west bank/harvey to be exact) for 12 years, then i moved to arizona about a year after hurricane katrina. my friends in nola were actually the ones that got me into competitive smash :)

ive actually only had a 623 number for about 3 years now, whereas ive been living here for about 6-7 years.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
no, not really

i didn't really play smash much until i moved out here. actually, my friends in LA got me into smash when i was already LIVING in AZ but still talked to them like, everyday.... so yeah, i didn't really play much smash in LA when i was still a huge noob, except for the summer of 2006, when i visited for like a month or so, but i was more into pump it up than smash at the time, so i spent a lot more time at fun arcade than at dibbz.

i played smash at dibbz like..... once or twice that summer, and i met kerry, pierre, and yawara. idk ifyou know my friends that got me into smash, but their names are austin, brandon, and avery (austin and brandon go by jackets and genuine, respectively, and avery doesn't have a tag)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
oh, cool

yeah, brandon (genuine) was my best friend from like, 5th grade until even a few years after i moved to AZ, so he got me into smash back in the days when we used to be mad homo for each other and talk on the phone everyday, and i also talked to avery and austin a lot since they went to HS with a lot of people i went to middle school with and because they played smash and PIU

p.s. if you have a facebook, you should ask to join the arizona melee group

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I've recently developed a great interest in melee again, and I want to play with some good people. I used to be a pro HRCer back when I was like 14 or so, but Ive never been into the competitive scene. Are there any smashers in southeastern arizona by any chance?

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
I'd say phx is more in the center lol it's about a 3.5 hour drive away from where I live, graham county

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Tucson is the closest thing to Safford where players play to be honest. You can try and find people in Safford yourself but from what I know it's a bit of a small town so it might be harder.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix is indeed considered central Arizona. The heart of the city is 3 1/2 hours away. Tucson and Sierra Vista are both barely over two hours away and will usually have players eager to play as well.

Unfortunately, we're kind of selfish and have no other reason to go out to Safford so I doubt any of us would be willing to make the drive out there. Safford doesn't have any notable competition, but any time you're willing to drive just let us know here or via the Facebook page and we'll happily make arrangements for you to get good practice in.

Also, beware of Axe's sexual deviancy.

Top Bottom