• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Kyle, you seem to be p. decent at the match up too.

You need more Marth practice though. You were struggling to beat my mediocre Marth. Our matches were way closer than they ought to be.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Kyle, you seem to be p. decent at the match up too.

You need more Marth practice though. You were struggling to beat my mediocre Marth. Our matches were way closer than they ought to be.
Xander your posts are funny and yet confusing. You make it sound like you're insulting the person but then when looked at closer you're just saying they're better than that. Lol.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Hey, Kyle, you and I need to play more. I need to get the Peach MU down super good so during spring break I can wreck a CO Peach who called me "free money" but ****ied out of a $5 MM over winter break.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Anthony Phalen. I know he's played much longer than me and was probably better than me back in his prime, but I also know he's majorly out of practice. Last summer (i.e. before I met Tai and learned about wavedashing -.-), I played and held my own against some of the other top CO players who are roughly on his level.

I don't care if I'm "free money" to him or not, I'm pissed off that he would back out of a MM after calling me "free money" and then tell me to "put my money where my mouth is." Seriously, I announce the dates and times I would be available repeatedly and in advance, I challenge him and the other top CO players to $5 MMs at an event called Fight Night well in advance, none of them show up, but then the second my availability expires, suddenly everyone wants to challenge me, everyone's gonna "call me out" and put me in my place except, oh darn, I can't "put my money where my mouth is" because I'm not available anymore >8O

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
There's only one answer: kill them all.

My Peach is better than Kyle's and I see you more often anyways, I'll give you better practice. I'm pulling a Kyle and posting drunk /lurking

Girl put your records on. Tell me your favorite song. You go ahead, let your hair down. Sapphire and faded jeans. I hope you get your dream. Just go ahead, let your hair down.

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I wish Jackie would smash with me more often. >_>

...Actually, I wish ANYBODY would smash with me more often. Why do I have to go out of my way for smash, and hardly anyone returns the favor? :|

I spend what little money I have to go all over Arizona, yet people within Tucson aren't willing to drive to my side of town.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Did I ever tell you guys how much the CO Smash scene in general saddens me? The AZ scene is incredibly welcoming and encouraging and supportive. Hell, my gf started playing because the scene there is so great. I have never been trash-talked or badmouthed (except very mildly), I have never been forced into a MM, and I have never played with a better player who was not at least somewhat interested in helping me improve.

The contrast with the CO scene is incredibly profound. From what I have gathered in my limited interactions with the top CO players, if you are a new player and want to become active, you first have to drive to one of their houses or otherwise put in the effort to get in contact with them, then you must play a mandatory MM (and get four-stocked), then they'll complain that the scene isn't growing because newcomers stop playing within a month of starting, not because of the depressing and degrading way they treat newcomers.

tl;dr Thank you guys for all the support and encouragement you have given me!

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm a game.
I hope you guys have a great New Year celebration and that 2012 will be a great year for Melee, AZ, and Samus.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i'm a super fighting robot from the year 2010 on a quest from dr. light to make the city safe again.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I'm a banana. Look at me move.

Also, I played and beat CO's #4 Melee player today. I've known him since last summer, and he's the one who helped get me started in my Melee development. In other words, a really cool guy and not at all like the other top CO players.

Also, Xander, I'm sorry you feel that way. The scene in AZ is a million times more legit than the scene in CO, is all I'm saying.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
People are flaky and inconsistent in the AZ community. I can't count the number of times I've had conversations with people about starting something, or playing together, and nothing coming of it. I can't count the number of times I've been the one to try and get the wheel turning for the Tucson community, and nothing come of it.

I have no car, and no job, yet I'm far less lazy, and travel far more often than most of the rest of my city. I've even began to bus to Tempe/Phoenix, because Tucson just isn't cutting it for me anymore. Why should I bus for hours to get to central or west Tucson, spending what little money I have, when the people with incomes and transportation refuse to drive to central or east Tucson? To make matters worse, the few other players in east Tucson are hardly ever available, or just too emo to smash.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
People are flakier and more inconsistent in CO. I started a weekly Smashfest last summer. I made sure it was near all the Denver players. People came the first time, then only one person came the second time, and nobody came after that. I challenged people to $5 MMs at Fight Night, which is an hour away from me and only 30 min away from the Denver players. One person came.

The top 3 CO players are only interested in playing each other. They won't play me. They won't play Cloudchaser. They won't play Steam or Detta. They consider themselves the only active players in CO, despite never attending events and never playing anybody else.

Do the players at your level ***** out of playing you? Do the players above your level require you to play $15 MMs before they will play you? Because if not, then the AZ scene is more legit than the CO scene.

Jane

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9jdIm7grCY

Andrew here's the stuff about the earthships, you guys in tucson should check out the one in south tucson if you find it interesting. I got to check it out when I was visiting. :)

http://arizonaearthship.com/Home.html
wow, that looks totally amazing. For a moment there I imagined like a whole city all constructed like that. Now that would be a sight to see. Self sustaining and cleaning up the earth.

Happy new years guys! Make it even better than the last.

wow, that looks totally amazing. For a moment there I imagined like a whole city all constructed like that. Now that would be a sight to see. Self sustaining and cleaning up the earth.

Happy new years guys! Make it even better than the last.
They do have whole earthship communities in Taos New Mexico, I was originally going to go visit them, but then we found out there was an earthship in Tucson. Yea its really neat stuff, I want to build one myself.

There is a really cool documentary about the Taos earthships on youtube called "Garbage Warrior" I really recommend checking it out.

Top Bottom