• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
So the next major tournaments I really want to go to are:

MLG Dallas
Pound V
Genesis 2

Who knows!?! There might be a regional or something in between those tourneys that I might go to as well!! I seriously need to travel out of state to compete. I want to play tons of different playstyles from different regions and make my Peach even more of threat in tournament!!

<3 <3 <3

:peach: :peach: :peach:

<3 <3 <3

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
Please, go on....

Also I'm on the hunt for a good secondary. One that can withstand a good amount of (common) matchups. Falco is basically gonna stick cuz he's fun, and I'm going with Young Link as my low tier, but my secondary slot is torn, mainly cuz i don't wanna get chaingrabbed by Marths. Any suggestions?

DualCats

Smash Ace
The Catmobile unfortunately can only hold four individuals (legally) in addition to exactly one cat.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Please, go on....

Also I'm on the hunt for a good secondary. One that can withstand a good amount of (common) matchups. Falco is basically gonna stick cuz he's fun, and I'm going with Young Link as my low tier, but my secondary slot is torn, mainly cuz i don't wanna get chaingrabbed by Marths. Any suggestions?
play donkey kong.

follow your dreams. i did.

also, the toro tour is coming back.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Please, go on....

Ban FD, ******

Falco's worst matchups are like, Marth and Jigglypuff, and both of those are 40/60 at worst, and some argue Falco having an advantage over Marth.

Any matchup that gives you trouble that isn't statistically god awful (e.g. NONE of them, since you're using Falco) just means that you suck at Smash and need to get better than your opponent or at the matchup.

forward

Smash Champion
Well Falco doesn't lose terribly to Peach. I think that the match up is very deep and the peach has to know about a lot of Falco tricks if she wants to win. You can't play simple d-smash peach to beat Falco, you have to use all of her tools.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol oh ok. Great so now I need mroe tricks... or tech skill... or mindgames.... or skill :'(

You goin to Genesis2?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I have 0 recording equipment... even my own laptop fried on me :(

My problem with melee is I lack the variety or the willpower to improve.
NM has almost no melee scene anymore (hence no variety) and playing against my bro all the time (or even by myself) leaves me bored and unwilling to practice.

Even with fun random matches I tend to get bored too quickly unless I have someone new to play against. If any AZ melee player were to come here I would go nuts and want to play them 20 hours straight for as long as possible lol. But alas... that seems unlikely.

This is why I should move to AZ lol.

forward

Smash Champion
Yea I guess if you two are the only ones in your state playing melee it would get pretty boring. I mean, every one has caps on how much they can play, not all of us our lucky enough to live in so cal.

I hear you man, no competition makes this game boring.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Very much so. There are some other melee players, but the chances we have to play are maybe once every few months. Very very saddening.

Thats why I am hoping to host a decent tournament that would be big enough to bring some AZ reps haha. in melee and in brawl.

Who knows if I can pull it off tho... then again. Last time I hosted a tourney (actually the only tourney I ever hosted) you came to it Forward haha. Old memories.

Top Bottom