• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
You are dumb if you keep on letting Rob grab you in the first place, so the rule does not matter much.

I am sure Tai and Jeff get in more serious play than anyone in AZ right now.

Tony would be top if he still played, but he is way too rusty to place right now. (Dammit Tony you and Light are the only AZ players I haven't played yet [meaning the only ones I haven't beat yet ;)])

I almost never play now too with 36 hrs of work and 5 upper tier classes a week. But Sheik is gay and who needs practice with Sheik lawls.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Chris got the right idea, I wanna see some money matches to determine spots on the list! 50 dollars sounds like the perfect amount! ;D
I say a round robin of hand slap is in order to determine number one. Then a game of basketball followed up by 12 rounds of full contact boxing.

If no clear winner is decided, we can draw names out of a hat or have sac races (memories!), until a winner comes out on top.

Sounds fair right? My bro and I will be the judges unless we enter... then what it'll be
1) Taj (damn you hand slap)
2) Me or Twin_A
3) Twin_A or Me
4) Axe
5) Rob
20) Tai

I like it!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i'd bet money on tony being 2nd in AZ and 5th or 6th on the West Coast if he was in practice.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tai translation of last post:
"Gee willickers twin A thanks for sticking up for me and pointing out how gosh darn cool I am."

No problem Tai. No problem

:link:
im only cool when i wear lens-less glasses

semi-unrelated response to g-mo:

i had a dream where i 2-stocked rob in tournament twice

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
*re-posts in dim hopes*
I may be wrong, but I don't think there are any tourneys. The only people that have regular (non brawl) smashing in the PHX area that I know of now are Tee Ay Eye, and Goop.

Let's ask them to host something.

Come on, guuuuyssssss!

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
I may be wrong, but I don't think there are any tourneys. The only people that have regular (non brawl) smashing in the PHX area that I know of now are Tee Ay Eye, and Goop.

Let's ask them to host something.

Come on, guuuuyssssss!
Ahhhh that'd be awesome. I rarely get tourney experience here in flagstaff and i get a nice chance to go to phoenix this weekend, so yeah, it'd be appreciated :bee:

AXE 09

Smash Master
Ahhhh that'd be awesome. I rarely get tourney experience here in flagstaff and i get a nice chance to go to phoenix this weekend, so yeah, it'd be appreciated :bee:
WHAAAATTT?!?!?!?!? there's a smasher in flagstaff???? i didn't know that there were any smashers up there lol

but you're definately more than welcome to come smash with me :) i'm sure Tai wouldn't mind if we smashed at his house

can we all have a smashfest at Tai's house this saturday please?? pleeeease tai???

this also means that Glendale has to come, and it'd be so awesome if Goop could bring Taj too =)

Duffy, can you come?

i want a smashfest saturday!!!!

P.S... i ♥ the Twins!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
WHAAAATTT?!?!?!?!? there's a smasher in flagstaff???? i didn't know that there were any smashers up there lol

but you're definately more than welcome to come smash with me :) i'm sure Tai wouldn't mind if we smashed at his house

can we all have a smashfest at Tai's house this saturday please?? pleeeease tai???

this also means that Glendale has to come, and it'd be so awesome if Goop could bring Taj too =)

Duffy, can you come?

if my mom lets, sure

i dont think duffy's going cuz hes supposed to be going to a *brawl* tournament in cali

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman

Duffy, can you come?

P.S... i ♥ the Twins!
Yeahhhh i think im the only one in flagstaff. lol. I can't find/recruit any competitive melee'ers here so traveling is where its at apparently.

if my mom lets, sure
This is in Phoenix right? lol can i get an address if this happens? tanks =D

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
New Mexico's a ****ty school so it doesn't matter. Jk. Are you a senior?
Yup. I graduate next semester.

P.S... i ♥ the Twins!
<3 ya too buddy.
I wish I lived in AZ. You guys actually have a very active scene. Not just one that meets up every now and then >.<

I heart Axe more lol. Any news on if you're making it to El Paso???
this

:link:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
hmmmm

i MIGHT be able to have a smashfest on saturday

do you use falco or yoshi?

you being able to come over might depend on you using a viable character ;)

j/k

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
I main Falco and Captain Falcon atm... but I play semi decently with a lot of characters. My bro, Angel, mains Yoshi.
And lemme tell ya
His yoshi is viable
xD
if ya can have a smashfest, should I find out if my bros from Bullhead City can come too? or is there limited space or anything? Also, If possible, id like to know asap if this is happening or not.
I am pretty good, despite only ever going to one tourney in my life, if thats any incentive ;)
I do need experience though.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
boo for lack of Take that Sakurai :)

um, im like 90% sure i can host the smashfest, but i don't know if my mom would let me have more than like, 7 people over

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol! Axe money and Taj dollars fa sho!

7 people? i want more people than that =( should we try to host it somewhere else if more people wanna come?

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
I don't wanna impose on you guys and give you all extra trouble just cuz of us

but lol

how many people are all coming so far? me n my 2 bros makes 3 peeps.
But if its just me, it'l be just me :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
lol! Axe money and Taj dollars fa sho!

7 people? i want more people than that =( should we try to host it somewhere else if more people wanna come?
Lol you guys ***** on a team! Seriously that was great. Except when you lost to Mango and Lucky... shoulda won that one ;)

Ya Axe you are tied for second in the votes currently. 45, 45, 47!!! Step it up AZ!!!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hmm....

6 or 7 is an educated guess. It is not a promised minimum; i haven't really ASKED my mom yet (this isn't counting me). 8 is an absolute maximum that *I* would impose cuz i don't want 2 doubles TVs or any 4-man rotations.

1. Axe
2. G-mo
3. Toro
4. Vat zero
5. Karl
6. (wobbles?)
7. (taj?)
8. open

ill probably go bother the unconfirmed people right now and see what's up with them

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Have I met this Toro fellow before? Samus is my random character vice, nobody in Tucson (except for Sean of course) plays a good Samus. I want Samus practice!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well we were all at the AZ grand challenge together so odds are at some point or another you met him lol

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
I havent met anyone D: lol

oh well, I'll meet you all and beat you all, in the same day.

P:
Nah. but wouldnt that be funny?

Top Bottom